PDA

View Full Version : Several good Chiefs RF reports

Rukdafaidas
08-06-2005, 08:03 AM
I have no affiliation with chiefscoalition.com and have interest in spamming the board, but I was impressed with several of their updates and an interview they had on their site. Apparently, one of their users, formerdb, has obtained a press pass and had a good interview with Ryan Sims. (http://www.chiefscoalition.com/index.php?id=158) Formerdb is a former defensive back (duh) and I think Phobia has mentioned is a reporter in some other city.
Formerdb also had a great team report here. (http://www.chiefscoalition.com/Forums/index.php?showtopic=31679)
Users Capt Cranky, Boss and West placed their thoughts on camp here. (http://www.chiefscoalition.com/Forums/index.php?showtopic=31649)

If the chiefsplanet or chiefscoalition mods don't like these links, feel free to remove this thread. I just thought they were interesting.

Bwana
08-06-2005, 08:17 AM
VERY good reads, thanks for posting it. The season can't get here fast enough.

Rep

FloridaChief
08-06-2005, 08:24 AM
Good stuff. Thanks, Ruk...

trndobrd
08-06-2005, 08:41 AM
Interesting interview with Sims...maybe this will be his year.

morphius
08-06-2005, 08:47 AM
Being yelled at for getting in the back field, dear lord that is pathetic!!!

trndobrd
08-06-2005, 08:56 AM
But he did get that interception when he backed out into pass coverage.

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
08-06-2005, 09:15 AM
Ask him after game five?.......... Does that mean he is going to take off the first 4 games? :shrug:

Rukdafaidas
08-06-2005, 09:19 AM
Being yelled at for getting in the back field, dear lord that is pathetic!!!
You could tell that was the situation. I recall Htis and myself pointing it out after the Minnesota game, when Hicks and Sims got into it. IMO, the reason they scrapped in the locker room was because Sims refused to just stand there and take up blockers late in that game, he reached his boiling point and started attacking the line. Hicks was pissed because Sims wasn't following the coaches orders.
I couldn't blame Sims, it was obvious the scheme wasn't working and he had enough.

morphius
08-06-2005, 09:22 AM
You could tell that was the situation. I recall Htis and myself pointing it out after the Minnesota game, when Hicks and Sims got into it. IMO, the reason they scrapped in the locker room was because Sims refused to just stand there and take up blockers late in that game, he reached his boiling point and started attacking the line. Hicks was pissed because Sims wasn't following the coaches orders.
I couldn't blame Sims, it was obvious the scheme wasn't working and he had enough.
Oh, I knew that was the case, but it doesn't piss me off any less now :D

Tuckdaddy
08-06-2005, 09:38 AM
BARTEE MAKING PLAYS? WHAT YEAR IS THIS?

trndobrd
08-06-2005, 10:08 AM
BARTEE MAKING PLAYS? WHAT YEAR IS THIS?

I've felt sorry for Bartee for a long time. He has been in a bad position since day one. I really hope he does well at safety.

the Talking Can
08-06-2005, 10:20 AM
thanks for the links..there is some good info in there

maybe Sims does have his "head straight"....but I'll believe it when I see it on the field...

this was interesting as well:

"* William Bartee will be the reason why Jerome Woods or Shaunard Harts doesn't make the team. He looks like a totally different player at safety. He was involved in two key plays for the defense, and in one, he tipped a deep endzone pass to Warfield, who got the INT.

* Larry Johnson looks very, very sharp in everything he does. He caught a swing pass out of the backfield while covered in man by Rich Scanlon. Scanlon got smoked."

again, with Bartee, I'll believe it when I see it in a game....but it sounds like camp is going real well..

the Talking Can
08-06-2005, 10:22 AM
lmao...."2. Gunther only threw out one f-bomb that was tied to genetic motherhood...
and I am proud to say, it was directed at DJ..."

Rukdafaidas
08-06-2005, 10:36 AM
lmao...."2. Gunther only threw out one f-bomb that was tied to genetic motherhood...
and I am proud to say, it was directed at DJ..."
I got a good chuckly out of this one:

Gunther: "time out, time out."
Gonzales: "you can't call time out."
Gunther: "i just fu**ing did!!!"

Rain Man
08-06-2005, 10:39 AM
Great stuff. When will our own chiefsplanet people start making reports?

the Talking Can
08-06-2005, 10:42 AM

is that something you can do from a couch?

trndobrd
08-06-2005, 10:43 AM

Sheesh! Always with your half-empty glass.

:)

Rain Man
08-06-2005, 10:46 AM
I'd be glad to do a camp report myself, but it wouldn't be very informative. I was thinking that maybe some of the people who are at the camp could report.

Rukdafaidas
08-06-2005, 10:50 AM
I'd be glad to do a camp report myself, but it wouldn't be very informative.
I'd like to read it.

heapshake
08-06-2005, 10:51 AM
IMO, the reason they scrapped in the locker room was because Sims refused to just stand there and take up blockers late in that game, he reached his boiling point and started attacking the line. Hicks was pissed because Sims wasn't following the coaches orders.

IMO it was because Sims was a lazy POS who was taking plays off but who really knows.

Rukdafaidas
08-06-2005, 10:56 AM
IMO it was because Sims was a lazy POS who was taking plays off but who really knows.
If that were the case, Hicks would have idolized him.

heapshake
08-06-2005, 11:16 AM
If that were the case, Hicks would have idolized him.

You must be high if you think Hicks is lazy. He may not be all that talented, but he gives it everything he has. If we could combine Hicks work ethic with Sims talent we'd finally have someone worthy of the #6 pick.

unlurking
08-06-2005, 11:19 AM
You must be high if you think Hicks is lazy. He may not be all that talented, but he gives it everything he has. If we could combine Hicks work ethic with Sims talent we'd finally have someone worthy of the #6 pick.
I don't know, I think Sims breaks out of the bust moniker this year.

Rukdafaidas
08-06-2005, 11:21 AM
I was just kidding. But, some could say that Hicks takes plays off as well. He hasn't shown anything more than Sims the last two years.
I thought one of the best parts of these reports was about Hicks, saying that nobody has been able to block him.
I hope they both live up to their potential this year.

Rukdafaidas
08-07-2005, 10:56 PM
Wow, formerdb got an interview with Gunther. Here's the link. (http://www.chiefscoalition.com/index.php?id=162)
The full interview is towards the bottom of the page. I was feeling better about Sims until I read this. But, I'm now feeling even better about DJ (if that's possible).

FloridaChief
08-07-2005, 11:05 PM
Wow, formerdb got an interview with Gunther. Here's the link. (http://www.chiefscoalition.com/index.php?id=162)
The full interview is towards the bottom of the page. I was feeling better about Sims until I read this. But, I'm now feeling even better about DJ (if that's possible).

SO goddamned excellent! Thanks again, Ruk!