PDA

View Full Version : Save $144/year on SBC DSL

Mojo Rising
08-06-2005, 11:39 AM
I have been paying $26.95 for Yahoo/SBC DSL for the past year and a half. When I saw them lower the price to $21.95 6-8 months ago I called to get the lower rate. The guy told me I could only get the lower rate if I added their premium service pack to my telephone service (call witing ID, etc.) which would raise my total bill.

Last week I read in the SF Chronicle that people are actually getting their bill lowered. I called back to get the new lower rate of $14.95/month. At first the lady told me she could lower it to $19.95 if I added the premium pack. This time I said I was going to cancel when my agreement ends and switch to Comcast who offers cable service (faster) for $19.95/mo. (for 1st 6 months) but I would rather stay so I didn't have to switch emails. After I held my ground for the lower rate she asked a supervisor for approval to lower my rate.

I suggest calling when they open, 8 AM for the West Coast call center, or else you'll spend an hour on hold. The lady told me that 3 weeks ago they changed the procedure to where they do not have to transfer you to another department to complete this change in rate, so they must be doing it for a lot of others. Also, you have to ask the first person you speak to to transfer you to the promotions department.

If you save $ please donate a portion to the planet. Also, my brother is looking for 2 good seats to the Eagles game (I've already posted on the tix site) if you know anyone who has good extras.

J Diddy
08-06-2005, 11:41 AM
Mine's pretty low right now.

Deberg_1990
08-06-2005, 11:51 AM
I pay 14.95 a month for the 1st year. But im a new customer. just signed up like a month ago.

Mojo Rising
08-06-2005, 12:00 PM
I pay 14.95 a month for the 1st year. But im a new customer. just signed up like a month ago.

Be sure to renew your agreement before it lapses to keep that low rate. You just have to commit to another year. That is the thing that irritated me, that new customers got a low rate and the initiasl customers were stuck with a high rate.

Phobia
08-06-2005, 05:48 PM
We ditched earthlink last week because they wouldn't lower our bill. Picked up SWB for the low, low rate. Earthlink isn't very damn smart.