PDA

View Full Version : Ok did Ty Law sign with the Jets or not?

chief4life
08-07-2005, 04:14 PM
I am confused I went on their website no mentioning of it and he isnt on there active roster. So what gives i thought he signed with them. Is this another rumor?

Bowser
08-07-2005, 04:16 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2126767

RedThat
08-07-2005, 04:17 PM
I dont know. Im wondering myself. I think nothing is really concrete. Last I heard, they agreed in principle on a contract. The Jets will sign him pending on whether he passes the physical or not.

Mr. Laz
08-07-2005, 04:21 PM
not yet

Wile_E_Coyote
08-07-2005, 04:21 PM
must....drag out...contract talks...more $$$..less time in training camp

~pussy footing

dave0320
08-07-2005, 04:23 PM
He is with the Jets today to take his physical. Than he needs to get on the field tomorrow and see if he can make the team.

Mr. Laz
08-07-2005, 04:24 PM
we need to swoop and steal that muther fugger like other teams do to us.

Halfcan
08-07-2005, 04:30 PM
Ty Law is a loser. The Chiefs supposedly offered a contract and he slammed us in the media. The guy missed most of last year and has done nothing to show he has become a team player since then. If the Jets are dumb enough to sign a hurt player than let them. I wouldn't want him here-he is too arrogant!! What did he do last year to want 6 mil a year?
Ambrose and Washington seem like really cool guys and have far more expierence than Law. Law won't even be on the field til 3rd game-maybe if he even passes a physical this time. Do you think the Pats would have dumped him if he was still the best corner in the universe as he thinks he is-no way. He is a locker room cancer and has been. Halfcan

Mr. Laz
08-07-2005, 04:35 PM
Ty Law is a loser
that's just silly

split milk ... your just pissed cause he ain't signing with us

the Talking Can
08-07-2005, 04:42 PM
Ok did Ty Law sign with the Jets or not?

According to Nick Athan the answer is "both."

Halfcan
08-07-2005, 04:45 PM
I will have to respectfully disagree. We tried building a team with thugs and loudmouth self centered players before-didn't work. (Bam Morris-remember him) Is Law a Hall of Famer-not even close. Yes I liked his production-but to me-Surtain is a really cool guy-team player- and Knight seems to be stepping up as leader-those are the kind of guys we need. Remember all the talk of Lions wanting to sign Law too-but could not make cuts. Maybe Law will bounce back with the jets and make the Probowl-but he is still an azzhole-one that called the Chiefs out publicly to try and ellicite better offers from other teams-did he not? Ambrose might end up knocking Mcleon out of number two. He has some big numbers in his career-but a little long in the tooth. Still more class than Law., Halfcan

Valiant
08-07-2005, 04:48 PM
Ty Law is a loser. The Chiefs supposedly offered a contract and he slammed us in the media. The guy missed most of last year and has done nothing to show he has become a team player since then. If the Jets are dumb enough to sign a hurt player than let them. I wouldn't want him here-he is too arrogant!! What did he do last year to want 6 mil a year?
Ambrose and Washington seem like really cool guys and have far more expierence than Law. Law won't even be on the field til 3rd game-maybe if he even passes a physical this time. Do you think the Pats would have dumped him if he was still the best corner in the universe as he thinks he is-no way. He is a locker room cancer and has been. Halfcan

Uhh, I dont get where you are thinking ambrose and washington are more experianced then law.. locker-room cancer?? Jaded view i think...

Mr. Laz
08-07-2005, 04:49 PM
We tried building a team with thugs and loudmouth self centered players before-didn't work.

one that called the Chiefs out publicly to try and ellicite better offers from other teams-did he not?
so why is Law a thug etc exactly

and how about a link showing Law calling out the chiefs ... because i don't remember him doing that. The media asked him about his contacts with the chiefs and Law said that they offered him a contract worth alot but that it wasn't structure they way he wanted ... that it was really only a contract worth 10 million.

i don't remember any slams or insults

as for using the media to try and elicit more offers from other teams ... most players do if they get a chance.

Halfcan
08-07-2005, 05:23 PM
I have to admit the initial thought of Law playing next to Surtain sounded good. Then he states he wanted to play with a Champion-but goes to Detroit which is still a long ways off from that. Then states he is fully healed-but fails a physical. He says he is the best corner in the league-that shows complete arrogance and no repect for other corners in the leaugue. The truly greats, don't have to say it. Did Rice or R. White or Montana when wanting new contracts-no they didn't have to. He seems to me a selfish player that knows his time is close and wants one last big payday-but everyone has their own opinion. Personally I can't stand players like Moss, TO, Law that are all about themselves.

Thug-did he not beat his wife a few years back-maybe I am wrong on that. I will respectfully retract the word thug and save that when discussing Eric Warfield-haha Halfcan

And where is the next stop of the Law tour if he fails his physical in NY this time around. Do you think he will be pulling that paltry 10 mil contract out of the trash the Chiefs offered-just wondering??

melbar
08-07-2005, 05:42 PM
I will have to respectfully disagree. We tried building a team with thugs and loudmouth self centered players before-didn't work. (Bam Morris-remember him) Is Law a Hall of Famer-not even close. Yes I liked his production-but to me-Surtain is a really cool guy-team player- and Knight seems to be stepping up as leader-those are the kind of guys we need. Remember all the talk of Lions wanting to sign Law too-but could not make cuts. Maybe Law will bounce back with the jets and make the Probowl-but he is still an azzhole-one that called the Chiefs out publicly to try and ellicite better offers from other teams-did he not? Ambrose might end up knocking Mcleon out of number two. He has some big numbers in his career-but a little long in the tooth. Still more class than Law., Halfcan

Ty Law is certainly a hall of famer based on his career. If completely healthy He is one of the top 5 in the league.

htismaqe
08-07-2005, 05:51 PM
Ty Law is certainly a hall of famer based on his career. If completely healthy He is one of the top 5 in the league.

IF he's healthy.

Mr. Laz
08-07-2005, 06:14 PM
IF he's healthy.and the same can be said for all the other good players in the league

4th and Long
08-07-2005, 06:18 PM
and the same can be said for all the other good players in the league
Apples and oranges.

ALL the other good players in the league didn't require the surgery Law had.

Mr. Laz
08-07-2005, 06:29 PM
Apples and oranges.

ALL the other good players in the league didn't require the surgery Law had.
priest holmes hasn't finished a season in what .... like 3 years??

4th and Long
08-07-2005, 06:34 PM
priest holmes hasn't finished a season in what .... like 3 years??
Damn son, now you ARE reaching. I expect more from you than a weak, meaningless, rebuttal like that. You can't even address your own arguments when called on the carpet. Now you're changing subjects and somehow using Priest as your scape goat instead of addressing your "all the other players" bologna.

Alphaman
08-07-2005, 08:10 PM
Ain't we seen this before (http://chiefs.scout.com/2/420170.html)

My theory is this: One of the reasons Law didn't want to sign with KC is that he couldn't take being in the same lockerroom with Surtain knowing he just got a huge contract. I think that's why he kept saying the Chiefs couldn't pay him and Surtain. With the Jets there is nobody in the secondary that will have a contract greater than his. I don't think that's the only reason, but I do think it is one.

chefsos
08-07-2005, 08:24 PM

My theory is this: One of the reasons Law didn't want to sign with KC is that he couldn't take being in the same lockerroom with Surtain knowing he just got a huge contract. I think that's why he kept saying the Chiefs couldn't pay him and Surtain. With the Jets there is nobody in the secondary that will have a contract greater than his. I don't think that's the only reason, but I do think it is one.

:hmmm: Pretty good theory. These guys, CBs in particular, are very competitive in that way.

Wallcrawler
08-07-2005, 08:36 PM
If you guys cannot see that Ty Law is all about the cash and nothing more, then you have some pretty damn thick blinders on.

Law already has three rings. His desire to win a championship is not as great as the guys that we have who have not won a championship yet. He says he wants to win another one and play for a contender, but then proves himself a liar when he entertains an offer from the Detroit Lions.

The team that offers the most guaranteed cash will get Ty Law. He's 31 years old, and looking for his last big payday. So if the Jets want him that bad, let them have the greedy bastard.

The combination of McLeon, Ambrose, and Washington will be enough depth to help the secondary get through the suspension of Eric Warfield. The secondary will be more than capable of functioning without money grubbing Ty Law.

Furthermore, if the Chiefs cannot overcome the absence of one guy on their defense despite their powerhouse offense and new additions on defense, they dont deserve to win those games anyway.

Nothing ever goes perfect. If you cant overcome a little adversity, youre not going to win any championships, its as simple as that.

TEX
08-07-2005, 08:56 PM

I agree that it is probably the biggest reason. And there is no way that Law should make as much as Surtain either when you take in to account last season's injury and his age. Law bases his worth on all years except last year almost like it didn't happen. Fact is he already got his BIG MONEY deal and at the time he was the highest paid CB in the league by far - shoot it took a few years for the market to catch up. And as soon as it finally didt las year, he was bitching about a new deal when he was still under contract. :hmmm: I have no problem with him doing whatever it takes for him to get the most money, but there is ALWAYS something with that guy and it's a headache the CHIEFS don't need. Just my opinion.