PDA

View Full Version : Kris Griffin and dark horses.

Line Judge
08-07-2005, 10:49 PM
What's going on with Kris Griffin? I have been reading everything on the web about the Chiefs training camp and yesterday was the first time I saw his name mentioned. They said he has some practice with the first team. Today was the second time I read good things about him. Is he going to make the team and who would he displace? Does anybody else know about him?
Thanks for the info.

It seems like every year one or two dark horsed emerge. Last year it was Smith and Sampson. Who are the candidates for this year?

Phobia
08-07-2005, 11:33 PM
Nobody knows anything about him. He's a complete mystery.

ENDelt260
08-07-2005, 11:44 PM
I know an evil monkey lives in his closet.

HolmeZz
08-07-2005, 11:46 PM
I heard he's hung like a dark horse.

Pitt Gorilla
08-07-2005, 11:59 PM
I know an evil monkey lives in his closet.Finally, someone else does a FG bit.

Demonpenz
08-08-2005, 12:03 AM
it's almost that time of year again, when my griffons get owned by pitt state

ENDelt260
08-08-2005, 12:06 AM
it's almost that time of year again, when my griffons get owned by pitt state
You know how smart UMR is? They bailed on the MIAA and scheduled a couple of D-IAA teams this year.

Yeah... I expect that to go well.

B_Ambuehl
08-08-2005, 12:39 AM
OVERVIEW

Griffin is an underrated talent who took the long road throughout his collegiate career. After playing only one season of high school football, he enrolled at Penn State University-Beaver before transferring to Geneva College. He stood at Geneva for two years before transferring to IUP. After one season with the Bears, an elbow injury would sideline him for the following season. He then returned to the gridiron in 2004, where he was joined by his brother, Kirby, in the IUP linebacker unit.

Kris Griffin attended Rochester High School, where he lettered once in football and track and three times in basketball. He played wide receiver and free safety on a Rochester team that went 15-0 and claimed a state championship his senior year. He was first team All-Conference at both positions and selected to the Post-Gazette Fabulous 22 squad. Kris was a two-time All-Conference choice in basketball and chosen the Beaver/Allegheny County athlete of the year following his final prep campaign.

In 18 games at Geneva College, Griffin recorded 109 tackles (60 solos) with seven sacks, 23 stops for losses and eight interceptions. In 22 games at IUP, he totaled 152 tackles (79 solos), five sacks, 15 stops behind the line of scrimmage, three interceptions and seven pass break-ups. For his entire collegiate career, Griffin registered 261 tackles (139 solos), twelve sacks, 38 stops for losses, eleven interceptions and seven pass deflections.

ANALYSIS

Positives...Has broad shoulders, good upper body muscle definition, hard midsection and a good bubble...Runs with a normal stride and shows good quickness and burst to close...Fluid runner with the frame to add more size and power...Accelerates sharply toward the ball in run support...very effective edge rusher whose superb blitzing skills consistently result in him collapsing the pocket to close in on the quarterback...Has the quickness to reach ball carriers at the opposite side of the field...Shows good route awareness dropping off in the zone...Had the body control and short area speed to force ball carriers to redirect inside...Decisive chasing down the line...Has the ability to stay with the receiver throughout his route, shading him all the way to prevent the catch...Shows flexible hip swivel in his pass drops and is rarely caught out of position...Has soft hands to pluck and snatch for the interception...Generally plays five yards down field, which allows him to effectively chase down running plays on the outside.

Negatives...Comes out of his stance a little to high, lacking the strength to maintain position at the line of scrimmage...Has adequate ability in shedding blocks, but needs to upgrade his hand usage in order to improve in this area...Does not explode into his tackles, preferring to wrap up and drag down his opponent...When he fails to extend his hands, he struggles to disengage from blocks working in-line and this makes it tough for him to lend support while working around the pile...Needs to step up into the fray, as he prefers to let the play come to him rather than attacking...Takes bad angles in pursuit and must get more physical behind his hits.

AGILITY TESTS

CAMPUS: 4.73 in the 40-yard dash...380-pound bench press...Bench pressed 225 pounds 23 times...280-pound power clean...4.43 20-yard shuttle...12.08 60-yard shuttle...7.22 three-cone drill...32-inch vertical jump...9'7" broad jump...32 -inch arm length...10-inch hands... Right-handed...15/35 Wonderlic score.

HolmeZz
08-08-2005, 01:10 AM
Finally, someone else does a FG bit.

I was going for a Family Guy reference too.

DeepSouth
08-08-2005, 07:39 AM
Last year it was Smith and Sampson. Who are the candidates for this year?

I assume you're talking about Richard Smith but the one non-drafted player that got the most playing time last year was CB Benny Sapp.

penchief
08-08-2005, 07:53 AM
Jim Haslett was an IUP grad.

ROYC75
08-08-2005, 09:27 AM
Perkins will probally get a PS invite.......

Line Judge
08-08-2005, 09:29 AM
You are right. I forgot all about Sapp. They are talking about him possibly starting instead of McCleon while Warfield is out. Who else besides Griffin this year? Thanks B_Ambuehl for posting the info.

Line Judge
08-08-2005, 09:36 AM
If Griffin makes the team who would be our linebackers?

ROYC75
08-08-2005, 09:40 AM
IMHO, I just don't see Griffin on the team this year, PS , Yes. Gun wants his LB's to fully understand his scheme, to have 4 LB's, ( Bell ,Johnson , Boomer and Griffin) learning the scheme is probally asking too much this year.

Bob Dole
08-08-2005, 09:55 AM
IMHO, I just don't see Griffin on the team this year...

Keep ****ing doubting Kris Griffin.

Mr. Laz
08-25-2005, 11:55 AM
bump