PDA

View Full Version : Ty Law : To the Jets, it's over.

Pages : [1] 2

ROYC75
08-08-2005, 08:37 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2128536

Law's publicist says Law to join JetsESPN.com news services
Related Video:
Players and coaches involved in melee

Ty Law has agreed to a multiyear deal with the New York Jets on Sunday, his publicist Elita Lee, told the New York Times on Sunday.

Ty Law
Cornerback
New England Patriots

2004 SEASON STATISTICS
Tot Ast Solo FF Sack Int
28 23 5 0 0 1

The Jets had reached an agreement in principle on most of the major components of a deal with the free-agent cornerback, sources told ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli. However, there remained some financial sticking points and tricky contract language to iron out after negotiating sessions on Thursday and Friday.

Law, who has spent the offseason rehabilitating from a left foot injury that limited him to seven games in 2004, also must pass a physical examination.

The contract is expected to be for at least three years and could average $6 million per season, sources told ESPN.com. On paper, the contract might well be longer in term, but it is generally agreed that, for practical purposes, both sides anticipate that Law will play three seasons. What will be the most interesting element in the deal is its structure because the Jets must protect themselves against injuries or the possibility that Law is not yet 100 percent.

New York has stayed in touch with Law and his agents for the past few months, and the retirement of veteran corner Donnie Abraham two weeks ago left the Jets in need of a replacement.

A healthy Law would be a high-profile addition and help compensate for the exit of Abraham, who retired to spend more time with his family and to pursue a number of business opportunities.

Law is said to have great admiration for Jets coach Herm Edwards, a superior salesman and recruiter, and the two have spoken at various times in the offseason. Law has also gotten sales pitches from Jets tailback Curtis Martin and secondary coach Corwin Brown, both of whom were onetime teammates of his in New England. He also has a 5-year-old daughter who lives in New York.

Law, 31, last year turned down a four-year, $24 million offer from New England, which released him in February for salary cap reasons. He had been adamant this offseason about not accepting a minimum-salary contract and has publicly stated he wants a deal commensurate to his status as a four-time Pro Bowl performer. Privately, though, Law has conceded to confidants that he understands he will probably not land a contract that meets all his demands. It appears the Jets will pay him a signing bonus of at least $5 million as part of his deal

htismaqe
08-08-2005, 08:41 AM
It ain't over.

He's gotta pass a physical.

the Talking Can
08-08-2005, 08:42 AM
I blame Nick Athan.

DJay23
08-08-2005, 08:46 AM
I wonder what Steve Young has to say about Ty Law's "love" for the game and not money.

ROYC75
08-08-2005, 08:49 AM
It ain't over.

He's gotta pass a physical.

Well that's true, but he will be a Jet.
All of this Chiefs talk can die.

Bwana
08-08-2005, 08:55 AM
PBJ

htismaqe
08-08-2005, 09:00 AM
Well that's true, but he will be a Jet.
All of this Chiefs talk can die.

He'll look real good sitting on the bench at Arrowhead in a green uniform. I'm still betting he won't be ready Week 1.

ROYC75
08-08-2005, 09:11 AM
He'll look real good sitting on the bench at Arrowhead in a green uniform. I'm still betting he won't be ready Week 1.

This is true, The Jets are banking on him to be healthy by week 3 or 4 and the long run.......

neckdemon
08-08-2005, 09:47 AM

hello, jets fan here. guarantee you are wrong on this one. he WILL be our starting cb and he'll be shutting down your passing game come sept 11!

Bwana
08-08-2005, 09:48 AM
hello, jets fan here. guarantee you are wrong on this one. he WILL be our starting cb and he'll be shutting down your passing game come sept 11!

ROFL

the Talking Can
08-08-2005, 09:48 AM

pown!!1!!!Rulz!!!u!!

neckdemon
08-08-2005, 09:50 AM
ROFL

why's that funny? which of your wr's is going to be able to fight the law?

Brock
08-08-2005, 09:52 AM

Priest and Larry will probably combine for 400 yards that day. I wouldn't worry about the WRs.

Rukdafaidas
08-08-2005, 09:52 AM
For your sake, you better hope that Rascal doesn't break down. http://www.discountscooters.co.uk/images/scooters/rascal-245.jpg

htismaqe
08-08-2005, 09:54 AM

Fighting the Law would be a 15-yard penalty and probable ejection. There's no reason the Chiefs WR's should be on the New York sideline messing with Law.

bobbything
08-08-2005, 09:56 AM
That's fine. Shut down Kennison. But, is Law going to cover Gonzalez and Holmes too?

I wouldn't be worried about shutting down KC's passing game. I'd be more concerned about keep the running game under 250 total yards.

Good luck.

alanm
08-08-2005, 09:59 AM
Doesn't matter who they throw at Law. No one shuts down the Chiefs passing game. Hell they don't even have to throw at Law. And if he plays they probably won't. And you know what's the beautiful part of it is? We have some of the leagues shittiest receivers. ROFL Al Saunders passing game is a thing of beauty to behold. And Green runs it to perfection. Imagine the numbers the Chiefs could rack up if we had some premier WR's?? It's all based on playing fast and timing. :thumb:

htismaqe
08-08-2005, 10:20 AM
Guys, if our WR's don't step up, Ty Law COULD cover Tony Gonzales...

Am I the only person that remembers the first Denver game last year?

As for them keeping our running game in check, they do have Vilma in the middle.

Let's not cound our chickens before they hatch.

Nightfyre
08-08-2005, 10:22 AM
Doesn't matter who they throw at Law. No one shuts down the Chiefs passing game. Hell they don't even have to throw at Law. And if he plays they probably won't. And you know what's the beautiful part of it is? We have some of the leagues shittiest receivers. ROFL Al Saunders passing game is a thing of beauty to behold. And Green runs it to perfection. Imagine the numbers the Chiefs could rack up if we had some premier WR's?? It's all based on playing fast and timing. :thumb:
Yeah.... We've taken out better, younger, healthier CBs.
*COUGH*
12-19-2004
*/COUGH*

RINGLEADER
08-08-2005, 10:23 AM
I would've loved to have had Ty Law, but considering what they're paying him I'm glad we don't.

neckdemon
08-08-2005, 10:27 AM

As for them keeping our running game in check, they do have Vilma in the middle.

actually we have mcgraw to do that. just ask antonio gates how many passes he caught with mrgaraw on him. btw, im not saying its going to be an easy game, cause its not. i just think its going to come down to who has the more dominant defense, and i think we come out on top in that case. btw, if you guys want to talk some football at our site come onto www.jetsinsider.com .

Gaz
08-08-2005, 10:28 AM
The first time a WR makes a catch against us, the tsunami of “We Shoulda Signed Law” threads will crash the Planet server.

xoxo~
Gaz
Been around enough to know what comes next.

Nightfyre
08-08-2005, 10:28 AM
actually we have mcgraw to do that. just ask antonio gates how many passes he caught with mrgaraw on him. btw, im not saying its going to be an easy game, cause its not. i just think its going to come down to who has the more dominant defense, and i think we come out on top in that case. btw, if you guys want to talk some football at our site come onto www.jetsinsider.com .
If you think it has nothing to do with our offense, you'll be in for a surprise.

htismaqe
08-08-2005, 10:30 AM

And that's why I like to keep my smack relevant.

If you HONESTLY think that Ty Law is going to contribute significantly to your defense being "dominant" in Week 1, I think you're going to be sorely disappointed.

neckdemon
08-08-2005, 10:32 AM
If you think it has nothing to do with our offense, you'll be in for a surprise.

thats not what i meant. i meant that i think our defense will shut down your offense enough so that our offense will outscore you. in other words i dont think your defense will be able to keep our offense from outscoring yours. base solely on the fact that i think our defense will keep your offense in check. of course you're going to see it the other way around, and i already said i dont think its going to be ab easy game. but if you trhink youre going to put 35 points on us i think you're going to be in for a surprise. my prediction: jets win 24-17.

htismaqe
08-08-2005, 10:34 AM
thats not what i meant. i meant that i think our defense will shut down your offense enough so that our offense will outscore you. in other words i dont think your defense will be able to keep our offense from outscoring yours. base solely on the fact that i think our defense will keep your offense in check. of course you're going to see it the other way around, and i already said i dont think its going to be ab easy game. but if you trhink youre going to put 35 points on us i think you're going to be in for a surprise. my prediction: jets win 24-17.

We may not put 35 up, but we're gonna score more than 17. Bank on it.

CoMoChief
08-08-2005, 10:34 AM

Hello, Chiefs fan here. No he will not shut down our passing game. Ty Law will not be as fast as he was in the beginning of last season. He relies on the 5 yard bump rule. Remember they made that rule strictly because of what he did in the 2003 AFC Championship game vs. the Colts. He's gonna get flagged all game long for having to hold on to WR's who are blowing by him. I doubt he has the confidence to go full speed either, especially when he knows he's gonna get hit.

Don't get me wrong though, I would have liked to have Ty Law, but only for a reasonable price. Law at 80% is better than any CB on our staff opposite of Surtain. The Jets probably paid him way more money than he's actually worth and he won't be around for another 3 years I bet. He just wanted his last paycheck before he retires because he already has the Super Bowl rings. What else does he need to prove other than that he wants the most he can get money wise before he hangs then up.

If Law gets hurt during the season. I will congrats Carl Peterson for not signing him. As far as you guys stopping our passing game, aint gonna happen. Sleeper WR = Craphonso Thorpe. He is gonna be a dangerous deep threat I bet this season. By next season, teams will have to account for his presence on the field.

neckdemon
08-08-2005, 10:36 AM
And that's why I like to keep my smack relevant.

If you HONESTLY think that Ty Law is going to contribute significantly to your defense being "dominant" in Week 1, I think you're going to be sorely disappointed.

but it is relevant. lets say law shuts down kennison, thats one guy we basically dont have to worry about. if law can be put on an island with your #1 receiver and shut him down, it opens up our defense for a lot more blitzing. and our front 7 is VERY GOOD! also, fwiw, barrett is no slouch either. he totally eliminated plaxico burress form the game in the play-offs. so im betting he can take on your #2 receiver. that leaves alot of options for us to cover gonzalez. don't forget we have vilma also.

htismaqe
08-08-2005, 10:38 AM
In 2001, Vermeil's first season, the Chiefs were held to less than 20 points 8 times.

Since then, they've scored less than 20 points 11 times...in 48 games. They've been held to 17 points or less just 9 times.

Uatu
We play teams whose corners can shut down our wideouts every week, and the offense is still at or near the top of the league in scoring. Adding a shutdown corner doesn't change much when the chumps you were starting before could do the job just as well.

htismaqe
but it is relevant. lets say law shuts down kennison, thats one guy we basically dont have to worry about. if law can be put on an island with your #1 receiver and shut him down, it opens up our defense for a lot more blitzing. and our front 7 is VERY GOOD! also, fwiw, barrett is no slouch either. he totally eliminated plaxico burress form the game in the play-offs. so im betting he can take on your #2 receiver. that leaves alot of options for us to cover gonzalez. don't forget we have vilma also.

Law isn't even going to see the field Week 1, let alone shut someone down.

Nightfyre
08-08-2005, 10:39 AM
Honestly, I would be willing to bet we score more than 24. If our offensive chemistry is high, it will surpass 35 points.

CoMoChief
08-08-2005, 10:39 AM

Who's better......Vilma or Ray Lewis? Because I could have sworn that last year the Ravens were gonna shut our running game down and our entire O-line (especially Waters) made Uncle Ray Ray look like a little girl on the field. I remember Ray Lewis being mic'd up for that MNF game and you could tell by his noises, actions, etc., that he was really frusturated. If we can keep Ray Lewis in check, we can most definitely keep Vilma in check.

Didn't we beat the Jets a couple a seasons ago? IMO I dont think the Jets have gotten all that better. We had a shitty defense back then and this year we have GREAT speed and much more talent than in 2002. WE WILL SHUT DOWN CURTIS MARTIN!

htismaqe
08-08-2005, 10:42 AM
Who's better......Vilma or Ray Lewis? Because I could have sworn that last year the Ravens were gonna shut our running game down and our entire O-line (especially Waters) made Uncle Ray Ray look like a little girl on the field. I remember Ray Lewis being mic'd up for that MNF game and you could tell by his noises, actions, etc., that he was really frusturated. If we can keep Ray Lewis in check, we can most definitely keep Vilma in check.

Didn't we beat the Jets a couple a seasons ago? IMO I dont think the Jets have gotten all that better. We had a shitty defense back then and this year we have GREAT speed and much more talent than in 2002. WE WILL SHUT DOWN CURTIS MARTIN!

The Jets defense we beat was 14th in the NFL in points against and 24th in yards allowed.

Last year's Jets defense was 4th in points against and 7th in yards allowed.

They're SIGNIFICANTLY better than the last time we faced them.

For every Ray Lewis, there's an Al Wilson.

Our offense CAN be stopped. It's just too bad that the Jets won't be able to use Ty Law to do it.

Nightfyre
08-08-2005, 10:43 AM
I suppose the Falcons front 7 are total slouchs? how many points did the chiefs put on them? 56!!!!!

As far as putting Kennison on an Island, feel free. We have Hall, Parker, Holmes, Richardson, Gonzalez, Wilson, Dunn, Johnson as other more than viable targets. As for stopping the run, take a look at our Oline, plus Richardson, Plus gonzalez. I dont care how good your front 7 is, they can be nullified.

Nightfyre
08-08-2005, 10:44 AM
WE WILL SHUT DOWN CURTIS MARTIN!
I wont go that far.

Soupnazi
08-08-2005, 10:45 AM
I wouldn't be worrying about what Law's going to do on Sept. 11th, Jet fans. Your noodle-armed QB is a bigger issue right now.

You'll be owned at Arrowhead just the same way we owned you at the Meadlowlands a couple of years ago.

neckdemon
08-08-2005, 10:47 AM
We play teams whose corners can shut down our wideouts every week, and the offense is still at or near the top of the league in scoring. Adding a shutdown corner doesn't change much when the chumps you were starting before could do the job just as well.

yeah but this isnt the 2003 version of the jets defense. out defense now is the total package. just look at last years stats. #4 in points per game allowed. #5 in total rushing yards allowed. we were middle of the pack in total passing yards allowed, but our secondary is much improved over last years version. we were #7 in total defense. we also had like 6 second half shut outs last year. your offense is going to be in for quite a test at arrowhead on the 11th. i'm just saying its not going to be a cake-walk for you guys, so be ready for a fight!

htismaqe
08-08-2005, 10:48 AM
yeah but this isnt the 2003 version of the jets defense. out defense now is the total package. just look at last years stats. #4 in points per game allowed. #5 in total rushing yards allowed. we were middle of the pack in total passing yards allowed, but our secondary is much improved over last years version. we were #7 in total defense. we also had like 6 second half shut outs last year. your offense is going to be in for quite a test at arrowhead on the 11th. i'm just saying its not going to be a cake-walk for you guys, so be ready for a fight!

How is your secondary "much improved"?

neckdemon
08-08-2005, 10:49 AM
I wouldn't be worrying about what Law's going to do on Sept. 11th, Jet fans. Your noodle-armed QB is a bigger issue right now.

You'll be owned at Arrowhead just the same way we owned you at the Meadlowlands a couple of years ago.

ok, just remember this. i'll be here to take my licks if this in fact comes true. BUT remeber i'll also be her to dish it out when we OWN you.

htismaqe
08-08-2005, 10:51 AM
ok, just remember this. i'll be here to take my licks if this in fact comes true. BUT remeber i'll also be her to dish it out when we OWN you.

When?

That should be "if".

neckdemon
08-08-2005, 10:52 AM
How is your secondary "much improved"?

easily, we improved at cornerback and at safety.

Nightfyre
08-08-2005, 10:52 AM
Listen Necklicker, 24-17 is no owning, you wont be here to take your licks, and we will score more than 24 points on you. Clear? Good.

htismaqe
08-08-2005, 10:56 AM
easily, we improved at cornerback and at safety.

Who did you sign at CB?

And at Safety, you're just going to assume that a couple of 2nd-year players will step up their play this year?

Nightfyre
08-08-2005, 10:58 AM
Who did you sign at CB?

And at Safety, you're just going to assume that a couple of 2nd-year players will step up their play this year?
Can I crown our Dline the best in the NFL too?

neckdemon
08-08-2005, 10:59 AM
Listen Necklicker, 24-17 is no owning, you wont be here to take your licks, and we will score more than 24 points on you. Clear? Good.

why you getting hostile? i have been saying all along that it will be a hard fought game and that i think we will come out on top though. and I WILL come back either way. i'm not here to be a troll, just want to debate whose team will win.

Nightfyre
08-08-2005, 11:00 AM
why you getting hostile? i have been saying all along that it will be a hard fought game and that i think we will come out on top though. and I WILL come back either way. i'm not here to be a troll, just want to debate whose team will win.
Well, dont expect to come to this website, talking smack about how you are going to own us and not receive some smack back. There is no hostility. As for your trolldom--Like your 2nd year safety, yet to be decided.

htismaqe
08-08-2005, 11:01 AM

You want to debate whose team will win? I guess I missed the part where you said "Who's team do you think will win?" Maybe I was too busy reading the "we will OWN you" stuff...

bobbything
08-08-2005, 11:02 AM
The Jets do have a good defense. A very good defense. However, I just don't see how they have enough to effectively hold KC to 17 points, on opening day, at Arrowhead.

Realistically, I see KC winning this game, not easily, but by a comfortable margin; 7 points or so. The offense will most likely rack up about 28+ points. If all things are clicking, expect 35+.

My prediction is 28-21.

neckdemon
08-08-2005, 11:03 AM
Who did you sign at CB?

well for one we signed ty law. we also drafted justin miller who is immensely talented and ha sbeen ripping it up at camp thus far. we also have a player named derek strait who is a pretty good nickel/dime back. at safety we have eric coleman who came in and pretty much excelled inhis starting role last year. we got rid of reggie tongue and mcgraw is healthy. we also have 2 draftees in rhodes and maddox who are incredibly gifted athletes and have been making big plays in camp so far.

neckdemon
08-08-2005, 11:06 AM
You want to debate whose team will win? I guess I missed the part where you said "Who's team do you think will win?" Maybe I was too busy reading the "we will OWN you" stuff...

well i came in and said law will be out there helping shut down your passing game. just a little fun jab to get the debate going. i didnt say anything about "owning" until nytefyre called me neck-licker (whatever that means) and started with it.

neckdemon
08-08-2005, 11:09 AM
The Jets do have a good defense. A very good defense. However, I just don't see how they have enough to effectively hold KC to 17 points, on opening day, at Arrowhead.

Realistically, I see KC winning this game, not easily, but by a comfortable margin; 7 points or so. The offense will most likely rack up about 28+ points. If all things are clicking, expect 35+.

My prediction is 28-21.

honestly if you can realistically expect the chiefs to score around 30 points on our defense then you are setting yourslef up for a disappointment. not saying it isnt possible, but its going to take a few turnovers to go your way for that to happen, and the jets are one of the best in the takeaway.giveaway category. not to mention one of the least penalized teams in the league.

Electric
Another view.

Law In, Mickens Out
By Sean M. Deegan
Publisher, JetsInsider.com
sdeegan@jetsinsider.com August 8th, 2005

Jets Head Coach Herm Edwards officially announced this morning that the team has agreed in principal to a long term deal with All-Pro CB Ty Law. To make room for Law the team released 10 year veteran CB Ray Mickens. Law is at Hofstra completing a physical this morning and could be introduced to the media as early as this afternoon. Details of his contract are not yet known. Mickens, who was coming back from an injured knee suffered last year was used mainly as a nickel back during his Jet career and was expected to take over as the Jets starting left cornerback due to the retirement of former starter Donnie Abraham earlier this summer. In addition to Mickens, the team also announced the release of S Derek Pagel, G Dave Yovanovits, RB Delvin Joyce and CB Roosevelt Williams.

Nightfyre
well for one we signed ty law. we also drafted justin miller who is immensely talented and ha sbeen ripping it up at camp thus far. we also have a player named derek strait who is a pretty good nickel/dime back. at safety we have eric coleman who came in and pretty much excelled inhis starting role last year. we got rid of reggie tongue and mcgraw is healthy. we also have 2 draftees in rhodes and maddox who are incredibly gifted athletes and have been making big plays in camp so far.
Well, if were going on speculation, our D will be number one next year because Mitchell, and Derrick Johnson, and Kendrell Bell, and Pat Surtain, and Sammy Knight, and Carlos Hall, Make our defense a top 10, paired with the number one offense. then, Allen will inherently improve, along with sims, dalton, and browning.

htismaqe
08-08-2005, 11:10 AM

First of all, let me remind you of a minor, somewhat trivial issue:

YOU HAVE NOT SIGNED TY LAW.

The 2 parties have agreed, in principle, to a deal that it contingent on Law passing a physical. There's a better-than-good chance that Law CANNOT pass a physical.

Justin Miller is immensely talented. He also isn't the most disciplined person in the world. He could be a big boom, or a big bust. The fact that you're counting on him says alot already.

Derek Strait is as good a nickel back as Benny Sapp. Who, you ask? Exactly.

Coleman and McGraw are ok. They're also very young. Coleman (his name is Erik with a K, by the way) may be more athletic than Tongue, but Tongue's experience should not be discounted...more on that later.

2 draftees - translation - 2 guys that may or may not make it out of training camp.

Tongue is gone, Abraham retired, and now you've released Mickens...you have a rookie and several 2nd-year players in your secondary. No veteran leadership whatsoever. You MIGHT have gotten Law, which will help. Lack of leadership like that is a recipe for disaster.

Nightfyre
08-08-2005, 11:11 AM
honestly if you can realistically expect the chiefs to score around 30 points on our defense then you are setting yourslef up for a disappointment. not saying it isnt possible, but its going to take a few turnovers to go your way for that to happen, and the jets are one of the best in the takeaway.giveaway category. not to mention one of the least penalized teams in the league.
Yeah, maybe you missed the part about our whole best offense in the nfl.... Your defense is good, Ill give you that. But no defense can shutdown the Chiefs when they are on. And I didnt call you a necklicker til you said own. Get your facts straight.

htismaqe
08-08-2005, 11:13 AM

One of the best in the takeaway/giveaway category...with Donnie Abraham, Mickens, and Reggie Tongue.

Losing a starting S, CB, and NCB shouldn't be so lightly dismissed.

htismaqe
08-08-2005, 11:14 AM
Yeah, maybe you missed the part about our whole best offense in the nfl.... Your defense is good, Ill give you that. But no defense can shutdown the Chiefs when they are on. And I didnt call you a necklicker til you said own. Get your facts straight.

He selectively forgot this:

Nightfyre
08-08-2005, 11:19 AM
Hey, necklicker, we faced three defenses better than you last year a total of four times. Twice we were really out of sync.
Broncos:24 (out of sync)
Baltimore: 27
Tampa Bay: 31 (Out of Sync)
Broncos: 45
For those of us keeping score, thats an average of 31.5 ppg. :hmmm:

Coogs
08-08-2005, 11:20 AM
2004 Jets regular season... 10-6

The 10 wins...

49ers 2-14
Fish 4-12
Fish 4-12
Browns 4-12
Cards 6-10
Texans 7-9
Bengals 8-8
Bills 9-7
Seahawk 9-7
Chargers 12-4

After a 5-0 start, the Jets were 5-6 the rest of the way. So while I am concerned with the first game, the Jets are a bit overrated IMO.

bobbything
08-08-2005, 11:22 AM
Chiefs offense vs. top 10 defenses:

2002 - #10 Cleveland (40 pts), #4 Miami (48 pts)
2003 - #5 Buffalo (38 pts), #9 Denver (24 and 27 pts)
2004 - #4 Denver (24 and 45 pts), #6 Baltimore (27 pts), #9 Tampa (31 pts)

And just for good measure, Atlanta had one of the best, if not the best, run defense in the league last season, and KC destroyed them to the tune of 8 rushing touchdowns.

The Chiefs, since 2002, have only been held to under 20 points 11 times in 3 years. And only under 17 points on 4 occasions.

Good luck.

neckdemon
08-08-2005, 11:24 AM
First of all, let me remind you of a minor, somewhat trivial issue:

YOU HAVE NOT SIGNED TY LAW.

The 2 parties have agreed, in principle, to a deal that it contingent on Law passing a physical. There's a better-than-good chance that Law CANNOT pass a physical.

Justin Miller is immensely talented. He also isn't the most disciplined person in the world. He could be a big boom, or a big bust. The fact that you're counting on him says alot already.

Derek Strait is as good a nickel back as Benny Sapp. Who, you ask? Exactly.

Coleman and McGraw are ok. They're also very young. Coleman (his name is Erik with a K, by the way) may be more athletic than Tongue, but Tongue's experience should not be discounted...more on that later.

2 draftees - translation - 2 guys that may or may not make it out of training camp.

Tongue is gone, Abraham retired, and now you've released Mickens...you have a rookie and several 2nd-year players in your secondary. No veteran leadership whatsoever. You MIGHT have gotten Law, which will help. Lack of leadership like that is a recipe for disaster.

you really think we would have released ray mickens if law isn't going to be a jet? its money in the bank. hes a jet and hes healthy. im not counting on miller to be a starting cb, but the guy is a big talent. and he is going to be making plays in the nickel/dime for us this year, you 'll see. there is no drop off from strait to mini-me mickens in the nickelback postion. coleman and mcgraw are ok? thats quite an understatement, mcgraw may be injury prone but if he satys healthy the guy is a dominant safety. like i said he shut down antonio gates, and that saying something. coleman, as a rookie, had 73 tackles, 4 interceptions, 2 sacks, and 9 passes defensed last year. those are pretty nice stats, expect at least that from him this year. tongue was a disappointment last year, plain and simple. its addition by subtraction. and the 2 draftees have a TON of upside. one of which we actually traded up to grab. and they are doing nothing but making plays in TC. you can expect them to make the team this year, and contribute.

Nightfyre
08-08-2005, 11:27 AM
they are doing nothing but making plays in TC. you can expect them to contribute.
ROFL

neckdemon
08-08-2005, 11:29 AM
2004 Jets regular season... 10-6

2004 Chiefs regular season.......7-9

what ur point?

we made it within one shitty place kicker of the afc championship game.
where were the chiefs?

WebGem
08-08-2005, 11:30 AM
Week 1 he's gonna get burned.

Nightfyre
08-08-2005, 11:31 AM

what ur point?

where were the chiefs?
Blah blah blah. Like we couldnt have kicked the fins, browns and 9ers around. Get a real schedule.

Uatu
08-08-2005, 11:33 AM
Why do people go to another team's board, run smack about how their new benchweight is going to kick our arses, and expect people to be hospitable? Of course you're going to get slapped down. You came onto Chiefs turf and started showing your arse.

By the way, after watching the Jets O put up a whopping 10 points on the Browns D last year, I think our defense can handle it. Quincy Carter or no.

Nightfyre
08-08-2005, 11:34 AM
Why do people go to another team's board, run smack about how their new benchweight is going to kick our arses, and expect people to be hospitable? Of course you're going to get slapped down. You came onto Chiefs turf and started showing your arse.

By the way, after watching the Jets O put up a whopping 10 points on the Browns D last year, I think our defense can handle it. Quincy Carter or no.
ROFL

neckdemon
08-08-2005, 11:39 AM

i dont care if you're hospitable or not, i was just making a point that the man was getting all testy. possibly to due to bitterness of not getting law for your own team. oh and, fwiw, ur comparing a game in which we had an already unimaginative OC calling a watered down version of his already watered down play-book for a coke-head qb. makes alot of sense! no to mention the fact that we have coles back and a tight end that can catch now. our offense is alot different than what you saw in cleveland.

Nightfyre
08-08-2005, 11:42 AM
i dont care if you're hospitable or not, i was just making a point that the man was getting all testy. possibly to due to bitterness of not getting law for your own team. oh and, fwiw, ur comparing a game in which we had an already unimaginative OC calling a watered down version of his already watered down play-book for a coke-head qb. makes alot of sense! no to mention the fact that we have coles back and a tight end that can catch now. our offense is alot different than what you saw in cleveland.
We know all about Paul Hackett in KC. Go to hell for reminding us. As for me getting ticked off, I havent yet, but youre trying my patience. YOU initiated smack. Dont expect us to sit here and take it necklicker.

htismaqe
08-08-2005, 11:43 AM
you really think we would have released ray mickens if law isn't going to be a jet? its money in the bank. hes a jet and hes healthy. im not counting on miller to be a starting cb, but the guy is a big talent. and he is going to be making plays in the nickel/dime for us this year, you 'll see. there is no drop off from strait to mini-me mickens in the nickelback postion. coleman and mcgraw are ok? thats quite an understatement, mcgraw may be injury prone but if he satys healthy the guy is a dominant safety. like i said he shut down antonio gates, and that saying something. coleman, as a rookie, had 73 tackles, 4 interceptions, 2 sacks, and 9 passes defensed last year. those are pretty nice stats, expect at least that from him this year. tongue was a disappointment last year, plain and simple. its addition by subtraction. and the 2 draftees have a TON of upside. one of which we actually traded up to grab. and they are doing nothing but making plays in TC. you can expect them to make the team this year, and contribute.

Thanks for making my point. Your entire premise (that your going to shut down an offense that NOBODY else in the NFL has figured out) is based on nothing but what-ifs.

1) You're banking that Law can play from Day 1 before he's even passed a physical. Wish in one hand, shit in the other...

2) You're banking on Justin Miller and Derek Strait to make plays at the nickel. Miller is a rookie with some head issues, Strait is a situational player. Neither of them is proven.

3) McGraw is injury prone and you admit it. That right there is a question mark. I don't care if the guy is Ronnie Lott, if he's not on the field, he's not doing jack. He shut down Gates ONE TIME. It could be a fluke.

4) Coleman had a great rookie season. It was just that, a rookie season. Lots of guys have great rookie seasons and then fall off. That's why they call it a "sophomore slump". Again, it was one season. Can he do it again this year? Maybe. But until he does it more than one season, you've got nothing but hope.

5) Draftees with upside don't win games. Sorry.

Everything you've just told me is 100% speculation. Your defense was stout last year. And this year they're counting on several young players to step up and replace what was lost.

And I didn't even mention the gaping hole in your argument.

You're ASSUMING that Ty Law will be ready and will start. You're EXPECTING Justin Miller and Derek Strait to make plays at nickel.

Who are you expecting to start at the other CB spot?

Uatu

Oh yeah, Coles. Isn't he that guy who only caught 1 touchdown last year?

Besides, IF Law is healthy, all your points about him apply equally to Surtain. Surtain > Coles

bobbything
honestly if you can realistically expect the chiefs to score around 30 points on our defense then you are setting yourslef up for a disappointment.
I'm still waiting....

Tick, tick, tick...

Iowanian
08-08-2005, 11:44 AM
I think the Jet fan should be more worried about the fact that Thier Starting QB will be sitting on the sideline With Law, than the fact that Law won't be in shape, hasn't passed a physical or played in a snap in a year.

Right now, Jetfan....your QB's arm is weaker than your unmedicated erectile function.

Nightfyre
08-08-2005, 11:44 AM
"they are doing nothing but making plays in TC. you can expect them to contribute."
ROFL

Andoverer
08-08-2005, 11:47 AM

I'll be hospitable.... welcome to the board, neckdemon.
Ok enough of that.
We don't get many Jets fans around here so I hate to see you get
scared away by my feisty Chiefs brethren. Do come back when the opener gets done. We just love it when we get to watch our rival fans eat that tasty crow!

htismaqe
08-08-2005, 11:47 AM
"they are doing nothing but making plays in TC. you can expect them to contribute."
ROFL

The Jets signed William Bartee?

neckdemon
08-08-2005, 11:48 AM
Who are you expecting to start at the other CB spot?

david barrett. he was a solid #1 cb for us last year. and is now going to be playing as our #2 cb.

Coogs
08-08-2005, 11:49 AM

what ur point?

where were the chiefs?

No big point. Just the Jets had only 1 real quality regular season win at the Chargers last season. You guys were also 1 missed FG away from going home in the 1st round of the playoffs.

So while your team is on the upswing, I still think the Jets are a bit overrated.

Nightfyre
08-08-2005, 11:49 AM
The Jets signed William Bartee?
CP: "Ill trade you Bartee for Coles, Herm."
Herm: "DONE!"

Halfcan
08-08-2005, 11:50 AM
Hey Chiefs fans, give the stupid Jets fan a break. He allready lives in the armpit of the country NJ. Obviosly if all he can talk about is that loser Ty law-his team must not be looking too good in camp. I hear Shockey was throwing around the Jets LB's. Wait til after the home opener at Arrowhead and see if he is still running his mouth-DOUBT IT!!!
Halfcan

Nightfyre
08-08-2005, 11:50 AM
O btw, we know all about clutch field goal missing too. Combined with paul hackett even...

neckdemon
08-08-2005, 11:51 AM
I'll be hospitable.... welcome to the board, neckdemon.
Ok enough of that.
We don't get many Jets fans around here so I hate to see you get
scared away by my feisty Chiefs brethren. Do come back when the opener gets done. We just love it when we get to watch our rival fans eat that tasty crow!

i wont be scared away. i can take it. hopefully one or two of my fellow jets fans will come here and help me out in the coming days before the opener.

neckdemon
08-08-2005, 11:53 AM
Hey Chiefs fans, give the stupid Jets fan a break. He allready lives in the armpit of the country NJ. Obviosly if all he can talk about is that loser Ty law-his team must not be looking too good in camp. I hear Shockey was throwing around the Jets LB's. Wait til after the home opener at Arrowhead and see if he is still running his mouth-DOUBT IT!!!
Halfcan

ha thats a joke. the truth is that coughlin and the giants were crying cause we were man-handling them and they got upset. i already said if you guys win i'll be here to take my licks, but i think i'll be giving them.

Thig Lyfe
08-08-2005, 11:53 AM
MELTDOWN

neckdemon
08-08-2005, 11:54 AM
O btw, we know all about clutch field goal missing too. Combined with paul hackett even...

thats right i almost forgot hackett was with you guys. then you know my pain.

Nightfyre
08-08-2005, 11:55 AM
We also know about REggie Tongue... and herm edwards... Damn there is a lot of chiefs history with the jets.

Andoverer
08-08-2005, 11:56 AM
thats right i almost forgot hackett was with you guys. then you know my pain.

Lovingly known here as Paul Can't Hackett

StcChief
08-08-2005, 11:56 AM
As I said earlier.

He'll be at Arrowhead on 9/11 as a Jet.

Hope he passes his Physical and we burn his a$$.

neckdemon
08-08-2005, 12:01 PM
Lovingly known here as Paul Can't Hackett

i especially enjoyed the 3rd and 12 draw plays agains and again. with the occasional 5 yard pass play when you needed 11 yards thrown in for good measure. my cable company has been making a killing on new remote controls!

Iowanian
08-08-2005, 12:01 PM
ha thats a joke. the truth is that coughlin and the giants were crying cause we were man-handling them and they got upset. i already said if you guys win i'll be here to take my licks, but i think i'll be giving them.

If you are here(which I seriously doubt you will be...you fit that MO) "giving some licks"..It'll be to mah baows.

The Chiefs are not only going to beat the Jets....they're going to destroy them. It won't be pretty at all. I'm sure, even Eddie Kennison is excited to go against old SlewFoot.

Goapics1
08-08-2005, 12:03 PM
"giving some licks"..It'll be to mah baows.

ROFL

neckdemon
08-08-2005, 12:04 PM
If you are here(which I seriously doubt you will be...you fit that MO) "giving some licks"..It'll be to mah baows.

The Chiefs are not only going to beat the Jets....they're going to destroy them. It won't be pretty at all. I'm sure, even Eddie Kennison is excited to go against old SlewFoot.

not true. you'll see. we get plenty of opposing teams fans over at jetsinsider.com and they talk alot, but never come back after their team loses. once in a while one will come back. those are the ones you respect. i'll be here win or lose, that monday.

Andoverer
08-08-2005, 12:05 PM
i especially enjoyed the 3rd and 12 draw plays agains and again. with the occasional 5 yard pass play when you needed 11 yards thrown in for good measure. my cable company has been making a killing on new remote controls!

Stop! you're bringing back painful memories!

beer bacon
08-08-2005, 12:10 PM
I would like to take some time to point a few things out.

The first has already been pointed out several times. Law has not yet signed with the Jets. If he does sign, he may not be healthy by the opener.

Second I would to point out that even with Law playing and covering Kennison, I could still see Kennison having a good game. It all comes down to whether or not the Jets can get good pressure on Green. If Green has good protection then our WRs will get open.

My third and final point is that the Jets had a decent pass rush last season, but not a great one. They were tied for 17th in sacks while the Chiefs were tied for 7th.

Truthfully I think our passing game will depend on if Green has a slow start on or not. If our pass blocking is good and Green is on, then I don't think the Jets can do anything to stop us.

Halfcan
08-08-2005, 12:10 PM
IF WE WIN??? Okay I am done laughing now!! Start licking now-cause you don't have a prayer. Chad Penniston won't make it out of the 1st quarter with that shoulder. Have you ever been to Arrowhead? Check the winning stats of QB's coming into Arrowhead for their first or second visit? Ask Michael Vick about his traumatic expierence last year. QB"S can't hear and will have to prescript their plays, and can't change them when Gunther blitzes with everyone but the beer vendors. I am rooting for you to beat the lucky azz Pats though. Good Luck!! Halfcan

vailpass
08-08-2005, 12:14 PM
IF WE WIN??? Okay I am done laughing now!! Start licking now-cause you don't have a prayer. Chad Penniston won't make it out of the 1st quarter with that shoulder. Have you ever been to Arrowhead? Check the winning stats of QB's coming into Arrowhead for their first or second visit? Ask Michael Vick about his traumatic expierence last year. QB"S can't hear and will have to prescript their plays, and can't change them when Gunther blitzes with everyone but the beer vendors. I am rooting for you to beat the lucky azz Pats though. Good Luck!! Halfcan

:shake:

That playoff win drought has your football smarts all fuzzy. Luck is winning a game because some idiot takes off his helmet. Back-to-back SB wins takes a little more than luck.

the Talking Can
08-08-2005, 12:21 PM

we've put up 30+ on defenses better than yours....ask the Doncos and Champ Bailey what happened last time they were in Arrowhead...shit, even Surtain when he was with the Dolphins got his squad toasted in Arrowhead...Pittsburgh two years ago...we dropped 30 in New England etc...the list is long

i'd be more worried about Pennington's shoulder....Gun will sick Bell on him, count on it...

Halfcan
08-08-2005, 12:27 PM
Yeah lucky that Pittsburg had a rookie QB giving up 4 interceptions. Lucky the refs let their offensive line hold every play to protect Tom Terrific-like they used to allow with horseface in Denver. Lucky the had a weak division and get to play at home in horrible conditions tailor made to make teams have to run against their great run defense. Also Lucky Donovon MCflabb got a tummy ache in the two minute drill last year and wasted any chance of an Eagles win. If you don't think Luck has anything to do with football-how do you explain our lowest fumble recovery total ever last year. Its the lucky bounce sometimes that makes a difference. And yes the playoff drought has ruined my life-lol Maybe we will get Lucky this year-haha Halfcan

luv
08-08-2005, 12:28 PM
Why go to NY? BBQ beats pizza and traffic anyday. :p He obviously has no taste, and they're awaiting the passing of a physical. Why would we want him if he is injured? Will he be back to 100% after this? Or is his 85% better than most others 100%?

Thig Lyfe
08-08-2005, 12:32 PM
Jets don't have a chance on Opening Day.

I am completely unconcerned by the first four games, in fact. Have faith, bretheren and sistern!

vailpass
08-08-2005, 12:40 PM
we've put up 30+ on defenses better than yours....ask the Doncos and Champ Bailey what happened last time they were in Arrowhead...shit, even Surtain when he was with the Dolphins got his squad toasted in Arrowhead...Pittsburgh two years ago...we dropped 30 in New England etc...the list is long

i'd be more worried about Pennington's shoulder....Gun will sick Bell on him, count on it...

Arrowhead used to be a tougher place to play than it is today. While still one of the harder road games on the schedule the mystique of Arrowhead has been diminshed.
IMHO the reason for this is the abysmal defensive teams KC has fielded this decade. The Arrowhead advantage was all keyed off of the dominating D of the '90's.
Teams don't fear KC's D like they used to; Arrowhead is no longer the graveyard for visiting teams it used to be.
What is KC's home recored from 2000-2004? What was it from 1996-2000? (I'm too lazy to look it up).

kcjayhawks5
08-08-2005, 12:42 PM

yea i went you your fan site yesterday and somebody was like "surtain aint what he used to be" all i have to say about law is good luck. He sure as hell wont be what he used to be.

Halfcan
08-08-2005, 12:45 PM
Oh my you talk smack and too lazy to look up the stats to prove yourself wrong? If Arrowhead mistique has dimished-which is crazy-it is because the Kansas fans always leave by the third quarter. We Mo. fans make up for it in beer comsumption and yell twice as loud. Halfcan

Amnorix
08-08-2005, 12:47 PM
Law's a very good player (to say the least) when healthy. And he's pretty much a physical fitness freak, so I expect him to be a very solid corner to a later age than average.

So, basically, this sucks.

Let's see:

1. Law signs with Jets (AFC East).
2. Miami (AFC East) gets Nick Saban
3. Cleveland (AFC) gets Romeo Crennel.
4. Bruschi has a stroke.
5. Ted Johnson unexpectedly retires from too many concussions.

Seriously -- there are many good and valid reasons that the Patriots will be very good this year and contend for a title, blah, blah, blah, but this off-season has SUCKED!

Goapics1
08-08-2005, 12:49 PM
Law's a very good player (to say the least) when healthy. And he's pretty much a physical fitness freak, so I expect him to be a very solid corner to a later age than average.

So, basically, this sucks.

Let's see:

1. Law signs with Jets (AFC East).
2. Miami (AFC East) gets Nick Saban
3. Cleveland (AFC) gets Romeo Crennel.
4. Bruschi has a stroke.
5. Ted Johnson unexpectedly retires from too many concussions.

Seriously -- there are many good and valid reasons that the Patriots will be very good this year and contend for a title, blah, blah, blah, but this off-season has SUCKED!
Forgot one:

6. Charlie Weis, head coach of the 2006 National Champion Notre Dame Fighting Irish.

vailpass
08-08-2005, 12:51 PM
Oh my you talk smack and too lazy to look up the stats to prove yourself wrong? If Arrowhead mistique has dimished-which is crazy-it is because the Kansas fans always leave by the third quarter. We Mo. fans make up for it in beer comsumption and yell twice as loud. Halfcan

Are you sober? I'm not talking smack but stating an opinion. In your word-salad of a post I think you stated that KC fans always leave by the third quarter. That is something you never used to see and backs up my point.
Let's hear from those who can be objective, regularly attend Arrowhead, and can parse together a cogent sentence or two.
Was Arrowhead as consistently intimidating in 2004 as it was in 1994?

Amnorix
08-08-2005, 12:52 PM

That was in 2002, when our defense was too slow to seriously contend and we gave up a horrific 4.7 yards per rush for the entire year. I still dont' know how we went 9-7 that year.

Last year is much more indicative of a "good" Patriots defense.

'course, you guys have an awesome offense, and anyone that disputes that is a moron. But last year when we had a "good" defense we only gave up 19 to you at Arrowhead. 'course we need to see what the rematch looks like this year.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-08-2005, 12:52 PM
Arrowhead used to be a tougher place to play than it is today. While still one of the harder road games on the schedule the mystique of Arrowhead has been diminshed.
IMHO the reason for this is the abysmal defensive teams KC has fielded this decade. The Arrowhead advantage was all keyed off of the dominating D of the '90's.
Teams don't fear KC's D like they used to; Arrowhead is no longer the graveyard for visiting teams it used to be.
What is KC's home recored from 2000-2004? What was it from 1996-2000? (I'm too lazy to look it up).

So, we still kick the Broncos ass everytime they come here.

Mystique that.

KCTitus
08-08-2005, 12:53 PM

1996: 5-3
1997: 8-0
1998: 5-3
1999: 6-2
2000: 5-3
2001: 3-5
2002: 6-2
2003: 8-0
2004: 4-4

Amnorix
08-08-2005, 12:56 PM
Yeah lucky that Pittsburg had a rookie QB giving up 4 interceptions. Lucky the refs let their offensive line hold every play to protect Tom Terrific-like they used to allow with horseface in Denver. Lucky the had a weak division and get to play at home in horrible conditions tailor made to make teams have to run against their great run defense. Also Lucky Donovon MCflabb got a tummy ache in the two minute drill last year and wasted any chance of an Eagles win. If you don't think Luck has anything to do with football-how do you explain our lowest fumble recovery total ever last year. Its the lucky bounce sometimes that makes a difference. And yes the playoff drought has ruined my life-lol Maybe we will get Lucky this year-haha Halfcan

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

17-1 against teams with 10+ wins over the last two years (NFL record). 21 straight wins (NFL record). 34-4 record in last two years (NFL best over a 2 year period). 3 SBs in last 4 years (tied for NFL best). 1st in points allowed in 2003, and 2nd (tied) in points allowed in 2004. 4th in scoring offense in 2004.

the Talking Can
08-08-2005, 12:56 PM

what was the score last time the Broncos stepped on the field at Arrowhead?

Goapics1
08-08-2005, 12:57 PM
ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

17-1 against teams with 10+ wins over the last two years (NFL record). 21 straight wins (NFL record). 34-4 record in last two years (NFL best over a 2 year period). 3 SBs in last 4 years (tied for NFL best). 1st in points allowed in 2003, and 2nd (tied) in points allowed in 2004. 4th in scoring offense in 2004.

Sounds like luck to me. ROFL

Amnorix
08-08-2005, 12:57 PM
Forgot one:

6. Charlie Weis, head coach of the 2006 National Champion Notre Dame Fighting Irish.

Yeah, that one hurt too. Meant to list it.

I'm ignoring some other stuff that just isn't that significant, IMHO, like losing Andruzzi, etc.

Mainly, it's not just that we lost guys, it's that we lost them to unfortunate/unexpected crap. And it seems like everybody else that I wanted to see go to the NFC, like Saban, Romeo and Law, ended up in the AFC, or worse, the AFC East.

the Talking Can
08-08-2005, 12:58 PM
That was in 2002, when our defense was too slow to seriously contend and we gave up a horrific 4.7 yards per rush for the entire year. I still dont' know how we went 9-7 that year.

'course, you guys have an awesome offense, and anyone that disputes that is a moron. But last year when we had a "good" defense we only gave up 19 to you at Arrowhead. 'course we need to see what the rematch looks like this year.

actually, I forgot we played you last year....I wonder why...lol

Halfcan
08-08-2005, 12:58 PM
14 year season ticket holder, and no it wasn't-more fair weather fans last year because the 1-3 start. But the fans are dying for some football and I think Arrowhead will be rocking-even when the KU fans leave early. Our home record has still been one of the best despite the defense though-look that up for me will ya. To say Arrowhead has not been itimidating is just silly. Halfcan

Goapics1
08-08-2005, 12:59 PM
Yeah, that one hurt too. Meant to list it.

I'm ignoring some other stuff that just isn't that significant, IMHO, like losing Andruzzi, etc.

Mainly, it's not just that we lost guys, it's that we lost them to unfortunate/unexpected crap. And it seems like everybody else that I wanted to see go to the NFC, like Saban, Romeo and Law, ended up in the AFC, or worse, the AFC East.

You guys will be alright, as always.

Amnorix
08-08-2005, 01:00 PM
Sounds like luck to me. ROFL

No kidding.

I'll agree with anyone that 2001 involved a fair bit of luck. Give Bill Belichick that EXACT same team under those exact same conditions 10 times, and he'll win a SB exactly once, I think. Alot bounced our way that season. And I'm not even talking about the tuck rule.

But 2003-04. That ain't luck. That's dominance. Not "winning by 20 every week" like the old Steelers dominance, but winning EVERY damn time dominance.

Hell, the only mystery to me in 2003-04 is how in the #%^ Steve Spurrier's Redskins beat us early in '03? :shake: :shake:

beer bacon
08-08-2005, 01:01 PM

I was disappointed with our offensive performance against you guys. We had over 400 yards of offense, but you stopped us/got turnovers when it counted. I guess that is why you guys won the SB though.

Amnorix
08-08-2005, 01:01 PM
actually, I forgot we played you last year....I wonder why...lol

:D

That '02 game was freaking memorable as hell, however. Winning that game put us at 3-0 so far that year, and yet ALL of Patriots Nation went "Holy s**t!! Something has seriously been exposed here". And it was. You guys showed the NFL how to do it, and we went on to lose our next four, and stagger to the end of the season...

Halfcan
08-08-2005, 01:03 PM
Wow pats fan, did you have those stats handy. This year will not be your year-your luck has run out. Halfcan

Amnorix
08-08-2005, 01:06 PM
I was disappointed with our offensive performance against you guys. We had over 400 yards of offense, but you stopped us/got turnovers when it counted. I guess that is why you guys won the SB though.

BB's defenses NEVER lead the league in yards allowed. He doesn't care about yards -- only points.

I can't tell you how many times I've seen the same damn thing happen -- teams seemingly able to roll up and down the field on us, yet by the end of the game -- 17 points, 14 points, etc. etc. It's a rare game where someone just can't move the ball on us at all (usually an inept offense).

BB runs a low risk defense. Not at all like Buddy Ryan's old defense, which was all about high risk, high reward.

Amnorix
08-08-2005, 01:07 PM
Wow pats fan, did you have those stats handy. This year will not be your year-your luck has run out. Halfcan

:shrug: Sooner or later we'll stop winning Super Bowls (hopefully the year Brady retires), but that doesn't impact what has happened in the past.

vailpass
08-08-2005, 01:07 PM
what was the score last time the Broncos stepped on the field at Arrowhead?

What was the score the last time the Broncos stepped on the field at Arrowhead for a playoff game
(as long as we're living in the past)

Amnorix
08-08-2005, 01:08 PM
You guys will be alright, as always.

Yeah, it's not so much THIS year I'm thinking about, although losing Bruschi/Johnson hurts. It's the long range of having Saban in the same division and Romeo in the same conference.

4 years from now, I see the Patriots/'phins being like Red Sox/Yankees. The two always fighting for the crown, with Buffalo and the Jets regretting they're in the same division as us.

Until Saban gets a good QB, I'm thinking Brady gives us the edge, but still -- I'd much rather have Saban in the NFC or at least out of the AFC East. He's going to be a damn good pro coach.

vailpass
08-08-2005, 01:09 PM
1996: 5-3
1997: 8-0
1998: 5-3
1999: 6-2
2000: 5-3
2001: 3-5
2002: 6-2
2003: 8-0
2004: 4-4

Thanks Titus. The nineties were a little better but '03 helped keep this decade's home record very good for KC. Not as much of a drop off as I thought.

Halfcan
08-08-2005, 01:13 PM
I forgot one-Lucky Peytub Manning can't seem to figure out a way to pass in a snow storm. If Pats had to play in his dome last year it would have been different. I hate to admit it but he had a great year. I beat there are still Dallas fans quoteing stats from their heyday-quick somebody pull the stats of the Chiefs glory days- Defense#1 ect ect. Now that was a deffense!! Halfcan

Goapics1
08-08-2005, 01:14 PM
I forgot one-Lucky Peytub Manning can't seem to figure out a way to pass in a snow storm.
Easy there can boy.................................................

Halfcan
08-08-2005, 01:17 PM
I would say SOONER more than later. Brady Bunch will be retiring this year after you guys come back to Arrowhead. Oh and wasn't the Broncos that have been killed like 98 points to like 23 their last two playoff appearences-just asking., Halfcan

Chiefs Pantalones
08-08-2005, 01:19 PM

Yeah, one player makes a huge difference in stopping our offense.

Just ask the Broncos, and their defense is better than yours.

Bottomline, no one stops our offense. We have beaten the best defenses the past 4 years, and if we stay healthy, that won't be changing.

Halfcan
08-08-2005, 01:25 PM
Oh I forgot we were yelling at a Jets fans-then these Patsy and Donkey fans jumped in. The season will prove who is right. Gotta give you props-you love your teams to come on our site and talk smack. I guess there is nothing to say on your own team site-they too perfect. Our defense has been an easy target, but this year will change!!

chiefs1111
08-08-2005, 01:26 PM
im sorry but id rather have pat S over ty law. and to the jets fan who posted on here,what are you gonna do when PaT S. shuts down L.coles.?

Amnorix
08-08-2005, 01:27 PM
I forgot one-Lucky Peytub Manning can't seem to figure out a way to pass in a snow storm. If Pats had to play in his dome last year it would have been different. I hate to admit it but he had a great year. I beat there are still Dallas fans quoteing stats from their heyday-quick somebody pull the stats of the Chiefs glory days- Defense#1 ect ect. Now that was a deffense!! Halfcan

You need to give up while you're way behind. I forgot one too, from a recent Rick Gosselin article:

"You need to stay healthy to win. From 1985 to 2002, only two Super Bowl champs lost more than 40 games by starters due to injury – Washington with 41 games in 1991 and San Francisco with 44 in 1994.

Yet the Patriots won the 2003 NFL championship despite losing a whopping 87 games by starters due to injury, then won back-to-back in 2004 despite losing 55 more games by starters due to injury."

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/columnists/rgosselin/stories/080305dnspogoose.36e055ae.html

Luck my ass...

vailpass
08-08-2005, 01:29 PM
I would say SOONER more than later. Brady Bunch will be retiring this year after you guys come back to Arrowhead. Oh and wasn't the Broncos that have been killed like 98 points to like 23 their last two playoff appearences-just asking., Halfcan

You sure you want to start slinging playoff smack there Halfass?

Goapics1
08-08-2005, 01:32 PM
Halfass?
ROFL

Amnorix
08-08-2005, 01:34 PM
im sorry but id rather have pat S over ty law. and to the jets fan who posted on here,what are you gonna do when PaT S. shuts down L.coles.?

At this point, I'd take Surtain over Law too, but only because he's younger and healthier. All else being equal, Law has had, and will have by the time he's done, a better career.

But I'd rather have Surtain than Law, RIGHT NOW, that is true. You guys will get more out of Surtain than the Jets will out of Law.

Crush
08-08-2005, 01:35 PM
I hate to quote Marty here, but....

"One play at a time."

Halfcan
08-08-2005, 01:35 PM
Yeah if I had some ammo-lol Halfass-thats not bad thanks. I forgot those losses are still really fresh. Man that was embarrassing!! Maybe the super genius Shanacan, will get horseface out of retirement so you guys can win another playoff game.
Hey Pats fan, all your stats would not mean crap if you wern't lucky to have a great kicker-without him you would still be talking about Steve Grogin and Drew Bledsoe. Halfass

Calcountry
08-08-2005, 01:44 PM
The first time a WR makes a catch against us, the tsunami of “We Shoulda Signed Law” threads will crash the Planet server.

xoxo~
Gaz
Been around enough to know what comes next.
I am surprised you got this post in. lol

Calcountry
08-08-2005, 01:45 PM
thats not what i meant. i meant that i think our defense will shut down your offense enough so that our offense will outscore you. in other words i dont think your defense will be able to keep our offense from outscoring yours. base solely on the fact that i think our defense will keep your offense in check. of course you're going to see it the other way around, and i already said i dont think its going to be ab easy game. but if you trhink youre going to put 35 points on us i think you're going to be in for a surprise. my prediction: jets win 24-17.You have the right to remain silent, your posts can and WILL be resurrected to be held against you.

neckdemon
08-08-2005, 01:46 PM
At this point, I'd take Surtain over Law too, but only because he's younger and healthier. All else being equal, Law has had, and will have by the time he's done, a better career.

But I'd rather have Surtain than Law, RIGHT NOW, that is true. You guys will get more out of Surtain than the Jets will out of Law.

law>surtain

KCTitus
08-08-2005, 01:49 PM
You have the right to remain silent, your posts can and WILL be resurrected to be held against you.

shhh...

Chiefs Pantalones
08-08-2005, 01:53 PM
Halfcan,

After reading this thread, I've noticed you're taking shots at the Pats.

You can't argue with the Pats success, so you probably should stop. I wouldn't have even started. Everyone hates them because they are so successful. It's the other 31 teams' jobs to bring them down on the field.

Now as much as I want the Chiefs to play at home against whoever for the AFC Championship game this year, I would love to get a shot at the Pats in their house for the AFC title. That would be sweet to bring them down there. They may or may not have a fall this year, but if both of us are in the playoffs, I would love if it worked out that we get to play them at New England. We'll get to see what we're really made of if everything goes according to planned. I don't expect the Pats to have a fall, but who knows. I just hope we get to play them in January.

neckdemon
08-08-2005, 01:56 PM
Halfcan,

You can't argue with the Pats success, so you probably should stop. I wouldn't have even started. Everyone hates them because they are so successful. It's the other 31 teams' jobs to bring them down on the field.

Now as much as I want the Chiefs to play at home against whoever for the AFC Championship game this year, I would love to get a shot at the Pats in their house for the AFC title. That would be sweet to bring them down there. They may or may not have a fall this year, but if both of us are in the playoffs, I would love if it worked out that we get to play them at New England. We'll get to see what we're really made of if everything goes according to planned. I don't expect the Pats to have a fall, but who knows. I just hope we get to play them in January.

don't worry the afc championship goes through new jersey this year.

beer bacon
08-08-2005, 01:57 PM

I am sure everyone will go the long way around to avoid New Jersey.

Goapics1
08-08-2005, 01:57 PM
:LOL:

Amnorix
08-08-2005, 01:58 PM
law>surtain

Yes, overall.

But maybe not this year (we'll see how Law's recovery goes).

And over the next four years, I doubt it. Law will be like 36 by then. Surtain is entering his peak years. Law's best years aren't ahead of him, that's for sure.

Amnorix
08-08-2005, 02:00 PM
Halfcan,

Wise words.

Me too. I wouldn't even mind losing to you guys, even though I'd get massacred on this board. What I would LOVE, however, is for us (Pats) to beat the Colts before we meet for the AFC Championship, if we are destined not to win the SB this year.

I want Manning's HOF plaque to read "Great player, blah, blah, blah. But he could never beat the Patriots."

I want the Patriots to be Manning's kryptonite for all eternity.

Amnorix
08-08-2005, 02:02 PM

I don't mean to be unkind, but we seriously KILLED you guys the two games we played last year. The second game, especially, you were starting to feel your oats, and we just smacked you down hard.

We'll see if you've caught up to the cream of the crop yet. Your 11 wins only got you a FOURTH seed in the AFC, so don't get too excited about your position in life, or in the highly competitive AFC.

Goapics1
08-08-2005, 02:02 PM
I want the Patriots to be Manning's kryptonite for all eternity.
Why?

Chiefs Pantalones
08-08-2005, 02:06 PM
law>surtain

They are both top 5 CBs. Law is probably better when healthy, but that's not saying much...they are both top 5 CBs...there is little that separates them, both are great.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-08-2005, 02:13 PM
Why?

Because it's hilarious to watch, IMO. ROFL

htismaqe
08-08-2005, 02:14 PM
I can't believe we're now debating if Patrick Surtain is better than a guy riding around on a Hoverround.

Amnorix
08-08-2005, 02:16 PM
Why?

Humor value, mostly. :shrug:

I don't even hate Manning that much, but I think it has to do with some kind of psychological damage done to me as a younger fan by Dan Marino.

Seriously, if Manning has to win the SB, and I don't even mind that he does, I'd vastly prefer that he not beat the Patriots on the way to doing it. Much preferable that my boys just miss the playoffs that year, than lose to Manning.

Don't ask me why this is, it just is...

tk13
08-08-2005, 02:57 PM
I think Law will be ready week 1, and I think he'll probably play a lot better than anyone on this board expects him to. I'm sure he's worked pretty hard to get in shape and get ready for the season. I'm not very sure he'll actually be 100%, but I think he'll be out there. As good as he jams receivers, he doesn't always have to be 100% to be effective I think. I think it's a great move for the Jets. They've got a pretty good defense, probably one of the most underrated in the league, and now they've got a #1 corner to go with Barrett/Strait/Miller. Doesn't mean that we can't score on them, we can, and will, but I really like what they've done on D.

Halfcan
08-08-2005, 03:30 PM
Man lets quite talking about Law and talk about something that hasn't been talked about T O!! Just joking. Law better than Surtain-he is the best player ever to put on cleats. Law deserves 6 mil for the ten games he might play in-what a bargin Jets fans.

Yeah no use argueing with a pats fan its like argueing with a yankee fan. And the only thing that goes to NJ are trash trucks with all the garbage from NY. Garden State? Garbage State. Although SE NJ isn't bad if you like rats. Hoboken is beautiful this time of year.

Why would we want to play there in a blizzard, so they can bring the snow blower out again to make a last second field goal.
Pats lose a ton of talent, but everyone in the media and their arrogant fans think it is a gimmie they will win again. Like I said they have had a lot of lucky breaks along the way. Don't even get me started how the Refs have babied them. Their corners have gotten away with murder!!! while the Chiefs get HorseF#cked by the Refs every game. If Tony G. played for the Pats the Refs might even call a holding call for him once in awhile, instead of letting LB's ride piggyback on him every play.

Good point Pats fan about Manning-can't stand him. Breaks the record with a shovel pass-what a joke. He will never be a Marino, Favre, or a Montana, just a great losing QB like his Dad.
Halfcan

vailpass
08-08-2005, 04:11 PM
Man lets quite talking about Law and talk about something that hasn't been talked about T O!! Just joking. Law better than Surtain-he is the best player ever to put on cleats. Law deserves 6 mil for the ten games he might play in-what a bargin Jets fans.

Yeah no use argueing with a pats fan its like argueing with a yankee fan. And the only thing that goes to NJ are trash trucks with all the garbage from NY. Garden State? Garbage State. Although SE NJ isn't bad if you like rats. Hoboken is beautiful this time of year.

Why would we want to play there in a blizzard, so they can bring the snow blower out again to make a last second field goal.
Pats lose a ton of talent, but everyone in the media and their arrogant fans think it is a gimmie they will win again. Like I said they have had a lot of lucky breaks along the way. Don't even get me started how the Refs have babied them. Their corners have gotten away with murder!!! while the Chiefs get HorseF#cked by the Refs every game. If Tony G. played for the Pats the Refs might even call a holding call for him once in awhile, instead of letting LB's ride piggyback on him every play.

Good point Pats fan about Manning-can't stand him. Breaks the record with a shovel pass-what a joke. He will never be a Marino, Favre, or a Montana, just a great losing QB like his Dad.
Halfcan

Halfass does your basement resemble this scene?:

Halfcan
08-08-2005, 04:20 PM
Dang I keep that shit in the garage- I have kids. Don't want those moochers to get my stash now do I?? Nice pic by the way.
Did they not bring out the snow blowers against the Faders-don't get me wrong I loved seeing them get screwed. And Troy Brown looked like a shutdown corner last year because the Refs let him hold everyone he covered. You can plug GAY-what a perfect name for a Pat by the way-and he looked unstoppable. I guess you missed all the boards with the Colts fans and Steelers fans crying and the sudden rule enforcement crap the league was spreading last year as a result of the blantant pass interferance the Pats have gotten away with?
Halfass

Nightfyre
08-08-2005, 04:26 PM
Is necklicker still talking smack?

vailpass
08-08-2005, 04:31 PM
Dang I keep that shit in the garage- I have kids. Don't want those moochers to get my stash now do I?? Nice pic by the way.
Did they not bring out the snow blowers against the Faders-don't get me wrong I loved seeing them get screwed. And Troy Brown looked like a shutdown corner last year because the Refs let him hold everyone he covered. You can plug GAY-what a perfect name for a Pat by the way-and he looked unstoppable. I guess you missed all the boards with the Colts fans and Steelers fans crying and the sudden rule enforcement crap the league was spreading last year as a result of the blantant pass interferance the Pats have gotten away with?
Halfass

ROFL
Nah I haven't missed the Pat's hands-on play, it's why they are enforcing the no-check after 5 rule so hard now. I also did not miss the infamous ruling that kept the lowly Faiders from winning a game they should have won and gave the Patsies a game that was not theirs.
but hey, you can't cry over spilt milk. If you don't like someone you have to go out there and knock 'em down.

Halfcan
08-08-2005, 04:42 PM
lol-your a pretty cool dude. I think the Faders getting screwed was the best. I was glad the Pats beat the Rams too and Mike Fartz. I was even glad they beat the Eagles-I picked them!! Won some cash thank you. I wouldn't have been able to stand it to hear about TO having a ring., I hope that co$cksucker never gets one. Mcflabb has always been overrated too. So I have been rooting for ya., but do you have to come on here with the Land of the Champions crap-bit of overkill. We are not evens legit rivals and havn't won a playoff game since......................Lets see the Oilers-dang that is sad. No you deserve to be happy, shit if the Chiefs ever win, it will look like Detroit-we will be burning cars for sure!! Good luck to ya this year. Halfass

penguinz
08-08-2005, 04:47 PM
Halfcan = Halfwit? :hmmm:

vailpass
08-08-2005, 04:49 PM
Halfcan = Halfwit? :hmmm:

Nah, it seems he just has a different style....

Halfcan
08-08-2005, 04:52 PM
Man the name calling that is just brutal. You know people have feelings. Halfwit I mean Halfass I mean Halfcan

I onl,y choose that name because the cool ones like penguinz was taken.

Pants
08-08-2005, 04:54 PM
14 year season ticket holder, and no it wasn't-more fair weather fans last year because the 1-3 start. But the fans are dying for some football and I think Arrowhead will be rocking-even when the KU fans leave early. Our home record has still been one of the best despite the defense though-look that up for me will ya. To say Arrowhead has not been itimidating is just silly. Halfcan

Dude, you need to stop with that bullshit. Last year IN COLUMBIA, half of Mizzou "fans" all got up in the middle of 3rd and left when KU was beating you guys by like 10 points. Pathetic. This shit never happens in Lawrence, even though our team is usually the losing one. So shut the f*ck up and sit the f*ck down.

penguinz
08-08-2005, 04:55 PM
Nah, it seems he just has a different style....
Is that style http://tinypic.com/a5b38m.gif ?

vailpass
08-08-2005, 05:05 PM
Is that style http://tinypic.com/a5b38m.gif ?
ROFL

Amnorix
08-08-2005, 05:12 PM
ROFL
Nah I haven't missed the Pat's hands-on play, it's why they are enforcing the no-check after 5 rule so hard now. I also did not miss the infamous ruling that kept the lowly Faiders from winning a game they should have won and gave the Patsies a game that was not theirs.
but hey, you can't cry over spilt milk. If you don't like someone you have to go out there and knock 'em down.

Whine about the stupid tuck rule all you want (it is kind of a stupid rule), BUT it IS a rule. It's an official, honest-to-God rule, and he got the call right. The NFL agreed he got the call right.

We won't even mention that the stupid Raiduhs DB karate chopped Brady to the head to create the non-fumble, and wasn't called for that either.

Nor will we mention that the Raiduhs had plenty of chances to stop the Patriots or win the game AFTER the tuck rule was correctly called, but failed each time.

In short, the ruling on the field was correct, a penalty that should have been called on the Raiders was missed, and the Raiders failed to seal the deal when given the chance anyway.

And, as if all that weren't enough, even if ti was a blatantly wrong call (which ti was not) it's still nothing more than cosmic justice for when Ben Dreith screwed the Patriots with that ridiculous roughing the passer penalty back in '76.

Pants
08-08-2005, 05:23 PM
Dude, you need to stop with that bullshit. Last year IN COLUMBIA, half of Mizzou "fans" all got up in the middle of 3rd and left when KU was beating you guys by like 10 points. Pathetic. This shit never happens in Lawrence, even though our team is usually the losing one. So shut the f*ck up and sit the f*ck down.

That's what I thought, bitch.

Halfcan
08-08-2005, 05:24 PM
Dang I am glad you got that off your chest-feel better? Now you can go argue on the thread that T Brady is the best Qb ever-lol
Halfcan

neckdemon
08-08-2005, 09:25 PM
Is necklicker still talking smack?

im still lingering. i'll be aorund checking you guys out. don't worry!

Count Alex's Losses
08-08-2005, 09:53 PM
There is no way the Jets D stops our O.

SoCalBronco
08-08-2005, 09:56 PM
There is no way the Jets D stops our O.

I should create a username like "JetsFan" and start a thread like "Oh TrIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNT, meet your new friend". :)

Chiefs Pantalones
08-08-2005, 10:07 PM
It's "Trent."

If you're going to put INT in any QBs name, that's Plummer's. He rightfully owns the term. He patented it. He just let Green borrow it for one year, in 2001, when we had no WRs to throw to. We don't have great ones now, we have good ones. Back in 01, we had way below average WRs. Plummer has a number one WR, in Rod Smith, and he still leads the league in INTs. Trent doesn't have a number one WR, but he does have an abundance of weapons to throw to, unlike Plummer.

Trent Green is better than Jake Plummer.

I love it when people on the Mane say Trent Green is a product of the Oline...well...EVERY QB IS A PRODUCT OF THEIR OLINE!!! Trent is good, quit trying to nitpick reasons why he's not...other than he plays with the Chiefs. He's a top 5 QB, many would say. Plummer isn't even in the top 10.

Thanks, and goodnight. :)

Buzzsaw
08-08-2005, 10:16 PM
Week 1 should be a great game -- that much I'm sure we all agree on. Both team's have some new personnel and we'll see how what we see on paper translates to the field.

I'll say right now that we will not shut down the KC offensive machine...does that mean we can't win the game? No.

I'm no more of an expert on the Chiefs as most of you guys are on the Jets. Point is that Neckdemon and most Jet fans eat, sleep, and breathe Jet football....same as you guys do with the Chiefs. And I can tell you that we have one helluva talented team. It will be a close game.

I'll be here win or lose.

We'll even do the Chiefs a favor and kick the shit out of San Diego and Oakland for you.

And anyone who thinks the Ty Law signing wasn't a good thing (for the Jets) needs to hook me up with a bowl of whatever they're smoking....puff, puff, pass.

carlos3652
08-08-2005, 10:21 PM
This thread is classic...

I cant understand 1/2 of 1/2can's s*it... He is fighting against a Pats fan who is respected on this board who has all his facts straight and can back it up, LET IT GO 1/2can...

1/2can - I think its great that you are posting, but you need to start posting with logic/understandable words... Damn dude, it hurts to read your posts... great comments after re-reading them, but help me out...

ROFL - to a lot of the stuff said on here about Jets shutting down KC, I think we learned from our mistakes from last years slow start, Trent will have the boys ready...

My .02 - Night...

carlos3652
08-08-2005, 10:23 PM
And anyone who thinks the Ty Law signing wasn't a good thing (for the Jets) needs to hook me up with a bowl of whatever they're smoking....puff, puff, pass.

Welcome and good post... but TY LAW has not signed anything yet, as soon as he does you can talk like he has...

He will be good, I just dont think he will be effective and 100% until week 3 or 4

KCFalcon59
08-08-2005, 10:28 PM
And, as if all that weren't enough, even if it was a blatantly wrong call (which it was not) it's still nothing more than cosmic justice for when Ben Dreith screwed the Patriots with that ridiculous roughing the passer penalty back in '76.

I still can't believe, after all these years, that he made that ****ed up call.

It took forever but at least they got their due.

SoCalBronco
08-08-2005, 10:34 PM
It's "Trent."

If you're going to put INT in any QBs name, that's Plummer's. He rightfully owns the term. He patented it. He just let Green borrow it for one year, in 2001, when we had no WRs to throw to. We don't have great ones now, we have good ones. Back in 01, we had way below average WRs. Plummer has a number one WR, in Rod Smith, and he still leads the league in INTs. Trent doesn't have a number one WR, but he does have an abundance of weapons to throw to, unlike Plummer.

Trent Green is better than Jake Plummer.

I love it when people on the Mane say Trent Green is a product of the Oline...well...EVERY QB IS A PRODUCT OF THEIR OLINE!!! Trent is good, quit trying to nitpick reasons why he's not...other than he plays with the Chiefs. He's a top 5 QB, many would say. Plummer isn't even in the top 10.

Thanks, and goodnight. :)

Im just razzin' GoChiefs since the above proposed thread title is something very similar to what he has posted at the Mane several times when the Chiefs have acquired certain players or have been said by the media to be "close" to acquiring certain players.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-08-2005, 10:46 PM
Week 1 should be a great game -- that much I'm sure we all agree on. Both team's have some new personnel and we'll see how what we see on paper translates to the field.

I'll say right now that we will not shut down the KC offensive machine...does that mean we can't win the game? No.

I'm no more of an expert on the Chiefs as most of you guys are on the Jets. Point is that Neckdemon and most Jet fans eat, sleep, and breathe Jet football....same as you guys do with the Chiefs. And I can tell you that we have one helluva talented team. It will be a close game.

I'll be here win or lose.

We'll even do the Chiefs a favor and kick the shit out of San Diego and Oakland for you.

Best of luck to you guys. :)

Pants
08-08-2005, 10:47 PM
IMO, Ty Law will be a beast, and, naturally, will help out the Jets, probably more so during weeks 3-16 than 1-2, but he'll still be good on 9/11 (he wants to prove to the world that he is still the best). That, however, doesn't mean the Jets will shutdown our O. Anyhing can happen, and, like everybody has said, we are known to start out hella slow. We'll have to wait and see, I guess.

As far as being jealous about Ty...

I'm happy with Surtain, and I didn't want Law because it would put us in cap hell... so no, I'm nowhere near being jealous (and neither is anybody else here, I imagine). If we didn't get Surtain, though, naturally I'd want Law, but if I had to pick between the two right now, I'd still go with Surtain.

Jets fans should definately be happy, I remember how ecstatic I was when we signed Surtain... 'twas a good day.

Buzzsaw
08-08-2005, 10:54 PM
Welcome and good post... but TY LAW has not signed anything yet,

Thanks for the welcome.

http://images.sportsline.com/u/gettyimages/photos/53340132JM003_Jets_Ty_Law080816_lower.jpg

Law had his physical was suited up for practice today --- not with 1st team D, but he ran conditioning drills. And I just ordered my Ty Law jersey from the NYJ official site. The Jets have a terrible record in closing deals with FA's but this is a done deal.

Pants
08-08-2005, 10:56 PM
Thanks for the welcome.

http://images.sportsline.com/u/gettyimages/photos/53340132JM003_Jets_Ty_Law080816_lower.jpg

Law had his physical was suited up for practice today --- not with 1st team D, but he ran conditioning drills. And I just ordered my Ty Law jersey from the NYJ official site. The Jets have a terrible record in closing deals with FA's but this is a done deal.

Good for you guys.

Wallcrawler
08-09-2005, 10:54 AM
This goes back to the first few pages of this thread, and Im surprised that noone has even said it.

I hear all about how Jon McGraw is going to shut down Tony Gonzalez because he supposedly had a good game against Antonio Gates.

Ok, whatever. First of all, IN WHAT WORLD does Antonio Gates even compare to Tony Gonzalez???

Tony Gonzalez has been ripping the league to shreds for YEARS. Led the NFL with 102 receptions last year on a bad foot.

Gates has had ONE good year. When he puts together a nice string of seasons playing at the same level, then maybe you can mention him in the same breath as Tony Gonzalez. Until then, get out of my face with that BS about since someone can play with Gates, Gonzalez will be no problem.

As for McGraw "shutting down" Antonio Gates, I seem to remember that it was Gates who caught the game tying touchdown to force overtime after your idiot former Raider linebacker Eric Barton hammered Drew Brees with an elbow to the head late when the game would have been over on the previous play. Where was Mr Shutdown McGraw on that one?

I dont consider giving up the biggest play of the game to that point in a game tying touchdown to be shutting someone down.

Furthermore, I have a really hard time with anyone that thinks a team that spends its first round pick to aquire Doug Jolley from the Raiders and their 2nd round pick on a kicker doesnt have some front office issues.

At this point right now, your Jet secondary has NO chemistry whatsoever. Mickens, Abraham, and Tongue are all gone and are going to be replaced with a couple young guys and the still unproven Ty Law. If you think that chemistry doesnt mean anything, take a look at some previous Redskins offseason aquisitions, and the results of the season.

Its going to be a helluva task for those players in that secondary to come together and learn how one another handles each situation within a month before they go to Arrowhead stadium to face the league's best offense.

As for your offense, Your QB is only throwing once a day. I highly doubt that he will be back to his full strength by week one. Further, this is a brand new offense that they are implementing. I was checking out Inside Jets Training Camp on NFL Network, and Pennington was getting frustrated as hell with some of the mistakes he was making.

With a new offense, there is going to be a learning curve. When he gets to Arrowhead, he better have all his stuff together, because he wont be able to hear a damn thing.

The only constant thing that you guys have is Curtis Martin. If the Chiefs defense contains Curtis Martin, its over for Gang Green and the Chiefs will utterly destroy them at Arrowhead stadium.

Im saying Chiefs win 34-13.

siberian khatru
08-09-2005, 11:04 AM
And, as if all that weren't enough, even if ti was a blatantly wrong call (which ti was not) it's still nothing more than cosmic justice for when Ben Dreith screwed the Patriots with that ridiculous roughing the passer penalty back in '76.

HA! I didn't know you were old enough to remember that. That's an awesome reference. :clap:

jspchief
08-09-2005, 12:46 PM
Considering Green hasn't had a good first game of the season since never, Law will probably make some plays that get the Jets fans squawking (if he plays).

That being said, I think the Jets are a bit over-rated on D, and will have their hands full trying to stop our running game. Pennington's first trip to Arrowhead is going to leave a wet spot on his front and skid marks in the back, especially when you consider it's the home opener.

jspchief
08-09-2005, 12:49 PM
Back-to-back SB wins takes a little more than luck.Yep. You have to circumvent the salary cap too. :thumb:

The Bad Guy
08-09-2005, 12:55 PM
Thanks for the welcome.

He has to learn a new scheme, get into football shape in less than a month when he hasn't practiced in over 10 months.

Color me un-scared. I would have liked Law, but I think we'll be just fine with Surtain.

BigRedChief
08-09-2005, 12:59 PM
If he can't perform like he has in the past he gets the vet minimum correct? If he does perform he gets his money. If he does perform hes worth it. Wheres the downside? The newsday reporter was on talk radio this am saying that there was no gauranteed money in the contract. if so...I don't understand why we didn't do this?:hmmm:

Gravedigger
08-09-2005, 01:07 PM

Well dammit well just have to use our unstoppable reciever tony gonzalez.... or maybe priest and our running game dammit but he will be shutting down eddie kennison thats pretty much for sure... unless he gets injured again then that would be nice ROFL

htismaqe
08-09-2005, 01:18 PM
If he can't perform like he has in the past he gets the vet minimum correct? If he does perform he gets his money. If he does perform hes worth it. Wheres the downside? The newsday reporter was on talk radio this am saying that there was no gauranteed money in the contract. if so...I don't understand why we didn't do this?:hmmm:

What?

Law said he wouldn't sign such a deal. In fact, Law said his agent got a rough number from someone (I think it was the Chiefs) that was $42M but only $10M guaranteed and he said he was pretty much insulted by that.

ROYC75
08-09-2005, 01:20 PM
He has to learn a new scheme, get into football shape in less than a month when he hasn't practiced in over 10 months.

Color me un-scared. I would have liked Law, but I think we'll be just fine with Surtain.

I agree, it's going to be midseason befor Law gives them any real benefits....

BigRedChief
08-09-2005, 01:21 PM
What?

Law said he wouldn't sign such a deal. In fact, Law said his agent got a rough number from someone (I think it was the Chiefs) that was $42M but only $10M guaranteed and he said he was pretty much insulted by that.

Thats what the newsday reporter said on the DA show this am. Not a single penny above the vet minimum gauranteed.

htismaqe
08-09-2005, 01:26 PM
Thats what the newsday reporter said on the DA show this am. Not a single penny above the vet minimum gauranteed.

Then Law caved, just like I figured he would.

ROYC75
08-09-2005, 01:29 PM

Damn that fugger...............

For Vet. minny, I would of liked to have him for late season and playoffs.

How the hell can that offer be better than what KC offered ? ( If we had offered him a contract, which CP claims didn't happen )

KCTitus
08-09-2005, 01:31 PM
I think this is the thread where Law talks about the contract offer from KC.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=119508

Sorry...forgot to post the thread.

BigRedChief
08-09-2005, 01:32 PM
Damn that fugger...............

For Vet. minny, I would of liked to have him for late season and playoffs.

How the hell can that offer be better than what KC offered ? ( If we had offered him a contract, which CP claims didn't happen )

Evidently King Carl ain't lying. We never offered a contract. You would have assumed it would have been better than the vet minimum?

BTW you former or current NY'ers...Is Newsday credible? Would this guy know details of the contract?

ROYC75
08-09-2005, 01:34 PM
Then Law caved, just like I figured he would.

All the teams made him, he was too much of a ? mark with his health, still is for that matter.

BigRedChief
08-09-2005, 02:00 PM
All the teams made him, he was too much of a ? mark with his health, still is for that matter.

The newsday guy thought that the Jets took a financial risk with LAw even at the vet minimum because the contract is for 5 years and he is gauranteed the vet minimum for those years so I guess if he never plays again they would be on the hook for 300k per year for 5 years.

Pants
08-09-2005, 02:04 PM
I find it VERY hard to believe Ty would sign such a contract. Besides, I read somewhere last night that he would get around 6 mil in SB.

vailpass
08-09-2005, 02:06 PM
At long last, Law is on books for the Jets
By News Wire Reports
August 9, 2005

HEMPSTEAD, N.Y. - Ty Law stood on the sideline with his Jets helmet in his right hand and watched intently as his new teammates practiced.

Once a member of one of New York's biggest rivals, Law appeared right at home in his new green-and-white Jets uniform. "It was basically a dream come true," Law said Monday.

The four-time Pro Bowl cornerback agreed to a multiyear contract with the Jets after helping the New England Patriots win three Super Bowls during his 10 seasons with them.

"There is nothing else to prove as far as I'm concerned with New England," the 31-year-old Law said. "I had 10 great years and three championships there, so the proof is in the books. Now it's time to go into the new chapter in my life and prove to the Jets that I'm worth everything they are willing to put out for me."

The deal could be worth as much as $28.5 million for the first three years and as much as $50 million over seven years, agent Carl Poston said. The contract is laden with incentives and has options for both sides.
"I think this team is on the verge of doing something very special, and that's why I wanted to join them," Law said.

"There are certain guys that you just know are winners - they've got it in their eyes, they've got it in their hearts and they play with it on the field. Ty is one of those guys," running back Curtis Martin said. "I think anytime you add him to a team, you add an element that not too many people at his position can bring."

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/broncos/article/0,1299,DRMN_17_3988265,00.html

BigRedChief
08-09-2005, 02:23 PM
What do you expect the agent to say other than the deal "could be worth major bucks with incentives" or do you expect him to say I got my player the vet minimum but he will get paid if he proves it on the field.

vailpass
08-09-2005, 02:41 PM
What do you expect the agent to say other than the deal "could be worth major bucks with incentives" or do you expect him to say I got my player the vet minimum but he will get paid if he proves it on the field.

Just trying to provide an update. No personal feelings about the deal one way or the other except that this hurts NE more than anyone else.

KCTitus
08-09-2005, 02:43 PM
Watching ESPN last night, I saw the ticker scroll the fact that NY had signed Law and it took about 10 seconds to scroll through all the players they had to cut, I guess, to make room for Law's contract.

It was at least 8 guys.

Wile_E_Coyote
08-09-2005, 02:51 PM
as far as stats go, the '04 pre-injury Law had taken a step back http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/3820

BigRedChief
08-09-2005, 02:59 PM
Just trying to provide an update. No personal feelings about the deal one way or the other except that this hurts NE more than anyone else.

I wanted them to do this. Vet minimum and icentives to get paid if he plays good. But I thought and most people thought that there was no way. He wanted millions in gauranteed money. And I didn't see us gambling like that once we got Surtain. We are already gambling that Bell will play all season. We are paying him full season money but may not get a full season out of the guy.

jspchief
08-09-2005, 03:11 PM
I don't remember where I heard it, but basically one of the incentives is if the Jets get to the Superbowl this year, he'll make about 6 million for this first year.

neckdemon
08-09-2005, 05:00 PM
Well dammit well just have to use our unstoppable reciever tony gonzalez.... or maybe priest and our running game dammit but he will be shutting down eddie kennison thats pretty much for sure... unless he gets injured again then that would be nice ROFL

actually how do you liek this? law will just eliminate gonzalez from the game. that leaves us with 2 safeties, some quick linebackers, and 1-2 other cb's that can be used in any combination against your mediocre receivers or to stop ur running game. in other words, law gives us a million and one options. the beauty is that you can put him man to man with any of your receiving threats and he will systematically keep them in check for the game.

KC Dan
08-09-2005, 05:04 PM
actually how do you liek this? law will just eliminate gonzalez from the game. that leaves us with 2 safeties, some quick linebackers, and 1-2 other cb's that can be used in any combination against your mediocre receivers or to stop ur running game. in other words, law gives us a million and one options. the beauty is that you can put him man to man with any of your receiving threats and he will systematically keep them in check for the game.
And, how many games last year did Law systematically keep receiving threats in check?

wait and see...

neckdemon
08-09-2005, 05:44 PM
And, how many games last year did Law systematically keep receiving threats in check?

wait and see...

all i have to say is that ty law can shut down any of your receivers.

Nightfyre
08-09-2005, 05:45 PM
I hate to break it to you, but Law is one piece of a bigger defensive puzzle. If it were so easy to stop the chiefs offense, it wouldve been done a lot more frequently.

Halfcan
08-09-2005, 06:17 PM
Law should fit in nicely with all the other big mouth new yorkers. Now they have him keeping TG without a catch-is he going to stand on a ladder-or jump 12 feet in the air. Can we talk about something important now, like the TO contract situation or the the state of mind of Ricky Williams. TL must be the most hyped, overrated, hurt player in the history of the NFL.
Halfcan

TEX
08-09-2005, 06:26 PM
Wonder if Law will even be able to play a full season? :hmmm: Can't wait to see how he plays when the bullets start flying for real.

Wile_E_Coyote
08-09-2005, 07:35 PM
Pennington, Law won't play in Jets' preseason opener

http://www.sanluisobispo.com/images/common/spacer.gif
DENNIS WASZAK Jr.
Associated Press
HEMPSTEAD, N.Y. - Quarterback Chad Pennington and newly signed cornerback Ty Law will not play in the New York Jets' preseason opener against the Detroit Lions on Friday.

Coach Herman Edwards said on Tuesday that he wants to be careful with both, who are coming off serious injuries and working themselves back into game shape.

"We didn't want to take a chance to have a setback when everything was going so well," Pennington said.

The star quarterback is recovering from a torn rotator cuff in his right shoulder that caused him to miss minicamp and offseason training. Pennington has generally been alternating between days off and participating in afternoon practices after throwing in each of the first five days of camp, but practiced for the second straight day Tuesday.

"I think my shoulder is starting to respond now," he said.
Pennington practiced with his left calf wrapped up after he was accidentally spiked by a teammate during practice Monday, causing some bruising and swelling.

But Edwards said that had no affect on choosing to not play Pennington against Detroit.

"That decision was made about three months ago," Edwards said.

"In the first game, we'd play a maximum of two series," Pennington said. "Getting more practice reps and getting my shoulder in game shape is more important than going out there and taking any chances."

Backup Jay Fiedler will start Friday night's game at Giants Stadium and third-stringer Brooks Bollinger will follow. The Jets also have former free-agent rookie Kevin Eakin in camp.

"Obviously, Jay is going to play a lot," Edwards said. "Brooks will take most of it after Jay comes out and we'll go from there."

Law, who signed a multiyear deal with the Jets on Monday, had surgery in January to repair ligament damage in his broken left foot. He took part in light drills on Monday and Tuesday, but hasn't gone through a full practice.

"We'll bring him along day to day every practice," Edwards said. "He's actually doing fairly well, but he's not in shape to participate in full practices yet, as far as I'm concerned, so we're going to bring him along gingerly. We've got a pretty good plan for him."

Law worked out in the training complex with Edwards' son, Marcus, during practice Monday and Tuesday before coming out to study the team's defensive schemes.

"He won't play in this week's game, that's for sure," defensive coordinator Donnie Henderson said. "It will be whenever he can get himself physically in condition, football condition. That's what he's doing right now."

In other injury news, linebacker Eric Barton has tendinitis in his right knee and will be rested all week, including Friday night's game.

"I just told him today that rather than him hobbling around trying to practice one-a-days, we'll try to get him well and off his knee," Edwards said.

Also, Edwards said wide receivers Wayne Chrebet and Jonathan Carter, who missed the last few practices with strained hamstrings, probably will not play against the Lions.

neckdemon
08-09-2005, 08:01 PM
I hate to break it to you, but Law is one piece of a bigger defensive puzzle. If it were so easy to stop the chiefs offense, it wouldve been done a lot more frequently.

thats basically what i said. but he happens to be an integral piece of the puzzle. having a cb of his caliber lets you do so much more with the rest of your defensive backfield. not to mention keeping linebackers free from having to roll coverage to his side of the field. ty law took our defensive backfield from decent to, arguably, a team strength.

neckdemon
08-09-2005, 08:04 PM
Law should fit in nicely with all the other big mouth new yorkers. Now they have him keeping TG without a catch-is he going to stand on a ladder-or jump 12 feet in the air.

sgutting down a receiving threat like gonzalez doen't exactly mean "keeping him without a single catch". what it means is eliminating his big-play potential and keeping him from his usual production. if, for instance, law kept gonzalez to 4 catches and about 35 yards that would be "shutting him down".

Halfcan
08-09-2005, 08:39 PM
4 catches for 35 yards, okay I am done laughing now. Then he would be able to do what no other single person in the NFL has been able to do. But he is TY the Best ever!! I would see if he can still cut and run on that foot first before you start saying he is going to shut down the best TE ever!!
Halfcan

neckdemon
08-09-2005, 10:32 PM
I would see if he can still cut and run on that foot first before you start saying he is going to shut down the best TE ever!!
Halfcan

kellen winslow was better. maybe even shannon sharpe. mike ditka was another one who might have been better also.

Count Alex's Losses
08-09-2005, 10:40 PM
kellen winslow was better. maybe even shannon sharpe. mike ditka was another one who might have been better also.

Mike Ditka? You are really reaching now.

Crush
08-09-2005, 10:46 PM
Ditka? You must be joking. No one could be that stupid.

neckdemon
08-09-2005, 11:01 PM
Mike Ditka? You are really reaching now.

ok, but my point is that gonzalex is not the best TE ever. but he is one of only a handful of TE's in the HOF.

neckdemon
08-09-2005, 11:03 PM
Ditka? You must be joking. No one could be that stupid.

y you think ditka sucked?

BigRedChief
08-11-2005, 09:40 AM
I don't remember where I heard it, but basically one of the incentives is if the Jets get to the Superbowl this year, he'll make about 6 million for this first year.
Peter King/SI article:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/peter_king/08/11/king.law/index.html

The real story behind the contract Ty Law signed with the New York Jets this week is that it entails very little risk for the Jets. The deal ensures just $1 million in guaranteed money for the 31-year-old cornerback.
In reality, the contract is a one-year deal with a base salary of $2.5 million for the 2005 season. If Law, coming off a broken foot that sidelined him for the last half of the '04 season in New England, goes on injured reserve before the first game, the Jets would pay him $1 million -- and he would not be due his salary for the year. Thus the $1 million guarantee.
More about the slew of incentives in a moment. But the eye-opener of this deal is that the Jets, should they choose to keep Law after this season, have an $11 million option bonus due Law in March. If they choose to pay Law that bonus -- highly questionable unless Law has a very good year, because he'll be 32 in February -- the final six years of his contract would then kick in -- at base salaries of $3 million in 2006, $4 million in 2007, and $6 million in each of 2008, 2009 and 2010. If the Jets choose not to pay Law the $11 million, he'll be a free agent next winter.
So it's up to Law to have a terrific year and do one of two things: force the Jets to shell out the big payday Law was seeking in free agency, or get cut and land one last big contract somewhere else beginning in 2006.
Law can supplement his pay this year with a number of incentives. For example:
•For every game he's active on the 45-man roster this year, the Jets will pay him $62,500. If he's active for 16 games, that's an extra $1 million.
•If he plays 85 percent of the snaps on defense for the Jets, he'll earn an additional $500,000.
•Here's the biggie: He'll make an additional $4 million if he plays 95 percent of the defensive snaps and the Jets make the playoffs.
As an illustration, if Law plays nickel back, is active every week and the Jets go 8-8, he'll make $3.5 million. If Law starts and plays all but a handful of plays -- possible, though not likely -- and the Jets make the playoffs, he'll make $8 million.
It's a contract that makes lots of sense for the cornerback-needy Jets and a deal that forces Law to be a great player if he hopes to earn big money.

htismaqe
08-11-2005, 11:23 AM
If Law, coming off a broken foot that sidelined him for the last half of the '04 season in New England, goes on injured reserve before the first game, the Jets would pay him $1 million -- and he would not be due his salary for the year. Thus the $1 million guarantee.

There it is.

The Jets signed him KNOWING that he's not fully healthy and might never play a down for them. They figured the reward of him being able to help them during the stretch run outweighs $1M against the cap.

He won't be shutting down Tony Gonzales Week 1 because he won't play...bank on it.

siberian khatru
08-11-2005, 11:28 AM
He won't be shutting down Tony Gonzales Week 1 because he won't play...bank on it.

:titus:

:D :D :D

Chiefs Pantalones
08-11-2005, 12:09 PM
If Law, coming off a broken foot that sidelined him for the last half of the '04 season in New England, goes on injured reserve before the first game, the Jets would pay him $1 million -- and he would not be due his salary for the year. Thus the $1 million guarantee.

There it is.

The Jets signed him KNOWING that he's not fully healthy and might never play a down for them. They figured the reward of him being able to help them during the stretch run outweighs $1M against the cap.

Even if he did play, he still won't be shutting down anyone. He won't be at full strength.

Mr. Laz
08-11-2005, 12:10 PM

ROFL

Mr. Laz
08-11-2005, 12:10 PM
Even if he did play, he still won't be shutting down anyone. He won't be at full strength.

htismaqe
08-11-2005, 12:16 PM

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong.

But I won't be wrong.

:D

the Talking Can
08-11-2005, 01:06 PM
coleman and mcgraw are ok? thats quite an understatement, mcgraw may be injury prone but if he satys healthy the guy is a dominant safety. like i said he shut down antonio gates, and that saying something. coleman, as a rookie, had 73 tackles, 4 interceptions, 2 sacks, and 9 passes defensed last year. those are pretty nice stats, expect at least that from him this year...

well, the Jets just traded your dominant safety (http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/NYJ/8723785) to Detroit for a conditional draft pick... ROFL

guess they had a different opinion of him than you....

the Talking Can
08-11-2005, 01:08 PM
I amazed by that contract Law signed...I bet the Chiefs offered him more guaranteed $$ earlier...which means his waiting game cost him money....

Mr. Laz
08-11-2005, 01:22 PM
But I won't be wrong. :D :titus:

that's like saying Goatcheeze doesn't . :whackit: .smelling his momma's panties every night.

deny it all ya want but the truth still hurts. rochambeau

TEX
08-11-2005, 01:23 PM

Seriously - are you retarded? :hmmm: BTW, your 'Shutdown" safety just got traded... ROFL

htismaqe
08-11-2005, 01:56 PM

that's like saying Goatcheeze doesn't . :whackit: .smelling his momma's panties every night.

deny it all ya want but the truth still hurts. rochambeau

I all seriousness, do you REALLY think that Ty Law will be 100% ready-to-go week 1?

And even if you do believe that, you surely don't believe he will completely shut down Tony Gonzales, do you?

Nightfyre
08-11-2005, 02:28 PM
You think Tony Gonzalez isn't the best TE ever? Seriously, all homerism aside, you must be joking. Shannon Sharpe had three 1000 yard seasons in his 14 year career, with one additional close one. Gonzalez has had 2 1200 yard seasons with 2 additional close ones in 7 years. Sharpe has 62 TDs in his career. Tony G has 54 in his. I can't even believe you'd argue this. Gonzo has 6905 yards in 7 years. Sharpe has 10060 in 14. :shake:

Kellen winslow in his 9 seasons put up 45 TDs and 6741 yards. He only had 3 1000 yard seasons and no other seasons even approached those.

HemiEd
08-11-2005, 02:31 PM

You have been in the smog too long. ROFL

BigRedChief
08-11-2005, 02:31 PM
I amazed by that contract Law signed...I bet the Chiefs offered him more guaranteed $$ earlier...which means his waiting game cost him money....

I would have liked to see him in a Chiefs uniform for a $1 mil risk. If he performs then he is worth it. He doesn't no biggie. Could have helped us at some point during the season.

htismaqe
08-11-2005, 02:41 PM
I would have liked to see him in a Chiefs uniform for a $1 mil risk. If he performs then he is worth it. He doesn't no biggie. Could have helped us at some point during the season.

I agree.

But I never thought he'd be ready for game 1 for us, and I don't think he will be for the Jets either.

penguinz
08-11-2005, 02:43 PM
Thanks for the welcome.

Look... The guy can't even stand up straight. The foot must still be hurting quite a bit. :)

Nightfyre
08-11-2005, 02:48 PM
Evidently Law = God in NY. Dont worry, he is god, and therefore will be on the field week 1, shutting down your whole offense by himself.

it rather draws parallels to the comedy show "Satuday Night Live" and their Ditka and Da Bears skit, no?

Law versus the chiefs: "Im gonna take law 49-17."

BigRedChief
08-11-2005, 03:20 PM
Evidently Law = God in NY. Dont worry, he is god, and therefore will be on the field week 1, shutting down your whole offense by himself.

it rather draws parallels to the comedy show "Satuday Night Live" and their Ditka and Da Bears skit, no?

Law versus the chiefs: "Im gonna take law 49-17."

He must be related to Scanlon.

the Talking Can
08-11-2005, 03:50 PM

I bet we offered him more than that...while he thought he could get more by waiting till he was "healthier."

I think he screwed himself out of some $$$.

Mr. Laz
08-11-2005, 04:18 PM
I all seriousness, do you REALLY think that Ty Law will be 100% ready-to-go week 1?

And even if you do believe that, you surely don't believe he will completely shut down Tony Gonzales, do you?
i don't think he shuts down gonzo

but you didnt' say he wouldn't shut down gonzo because he's not good enough...

you said he wouldn't shut gonzo down because he won't play.

:fire:

your track record really isn't very good on prediction lately. :p

htismaqe
08-11-2005, 04:45 PM
i don't think he shuts down gonzo

but you didnt' say he wouldn't shut down gonzo because he's not good enough...

you said he wouldn't shut gonzo down because he won't play.

:fire:

your track record really isn't very good on prediction lately. :p

I know what I said, I was just asking you what you believed. Your comments led me to believe that you might actually be worried about facing Law in Week 1.

I'll stand by what I said: I don't think he'll play. If he does, I'll eat my crow.

As for my "track record" what other predictions have I made? I predicted Ty Law would eventually cave and accept a contract worth much less than what he wanted, and I was right.

Count Alex's Losses
12-03-2007, 06:14 PM

Who else would pay to see this?

CoMoChief
12-03-2007, 06:20 PM
Who else would pay to see this?
You ****in asshole, I clicked on this thread because I thought we traded him back to NYJ.

|Zach|
12-03-2007, 06:21 PM
What an uninteresting bump.

J Diddy
12-03-2007, 06:23 PM
You ****in asshole, I clicked on this thread because I thought we traded him back to NYJ.

This is a smart assumption considering the trade deadline has already passed.

BucEyedPea
12-03-2007, 06:29 PM
Don't feel bad. That's exactly what I thought.

Bwana
12-03-2007, 06:36 PM
Low Test