PDA

View Full Version : Priest nor LJ will lead the NFL in rushing or TD's, but the Chiefs should.

John_Wayne
08-08-2005, 10:37 AM
In the past, Priest has led the NFL in rushing yards and/or TDs. Now, with LJ, that will probably change. Priest won't win the rushing title. Neither will LJ. Priest may not lead the NFL in TDs. Neither will LJ. But, the Chiefs as a team should lead the entire NFL in rushing and rushing TDs. I wouldn't call this RBbC, but I'd call it a two headed monster. These two guys, as a tandem, should tear up the league this year. Priest should stay healthier too. Last year, when Priest went down, LJ kept up the pace, compared to Holmes, in rushing and TDs. Then, you can't forget the best FB in the NFL, Tony Richardson. I'm excited about this year's rushing attack. With the most powerful rushing attack in the NFL, I also think we'll, once again, be the the #1 offense in the NFL. I'm pumped up about this upcoming season!!

Fire Me Boy!
08-08-2005, 10:45 AM
I'll be satisfied with less than #1 offense if the D gets its act together. We can be #2 if the D is #12 and win a TON of games.

Nightfyre
08-08-2005, 10:50 AM
Priest will be used in Goal Line situations. He will therefore lead the league in TDs if he stays healthy.

Crush
08-08-2005, 10:53 AM
We had a nice little two headed monster in the Atlanta game.

Tinlar
08-08-2005, 10:53 AM
Never mistake who our running back is this year. We are not a team with two starters. We have one starter and a hell of a backup. If LJ wants to score he'd better break some long ones because Priest will be on the field in the red zone.

Nightfyre
08-08-2005, 10:54 AM
We had a nice little two headed monster in the Atlanta game.
Priest got hurt....

John_Wayne
08-08-2005, 11:02 AM
I'll be satisfied with less than #1 offense if the D gets its act together. We can be #2 if the D is #12 and win a TON of games. You're right, but I'm predicting that we'll be #1.

Halfcan
08-08-2005, 11:43 AM
I like the positive attitude but will respectfully disagree. I think Priest will lead the NFl in TD's and break his own record. (Would of l,ast year too) He knows he still needs a few more good years to make the Hall of Fame. If he ends up with say 130 TD's-how could they keep him out?? He will match his number in Td's that is my prediction. Johnson will still end up with 14 rushing and 6 recieving. L J's hands have been great from what I hear-Gretz says star of camp-But DV still says PH is #1. I would tend to believe the head coach over the media. Halfcan

penguinz
08-08-2005, 12:19 PM
No way in hell Priest has more than 27TD's.

Halfcan
08-08-2005, 12:35 PM
Better defense=more turnover=more chances for Priest=More Td's Simple elemetrary. Halfcan

alpha_omega
08-08-2005, 12:38 PM
I think this all depends on the health along the O Line.

penguinz
08-08-2005, 12:42 PM
Better defense=more turnover=more chances for Priest=More Td's Simple elemetrary. Halfcan
If you want to go by that logic....

Better defense=more turnover=bigger leads over opponent = priest not playing as much lat in games so he is healthy when playoffs roll around = fewer chances for priest.

Halfcan
08-08-2005, 12:50 PM
I don' think they will rest him unless it is like the Falcons blow out last year. Ad what he only had 4 td's that game. DV does not like to pull players then have to put them back in. PH has something to prove this year and is bulked up-have you seen his arms and legs. He will break the record barring injuries. Halfcan

BigMeatballDave
08-08-2005, 01:18 PM
Priest will be used in Goal Line situations. He will therefore lead the league in TDs if he stays healthy.You stole my post...
:p

John_Wayne
08-08-2005, 01:31 PM
I think this all depends on the health along the O Line. ......... of course.........as always.

John_Wayne
08-08-2005, 01:49 PM
I like the positive attitude but will respectfully disagree. I think Priest will lead the NFl in TD's and break his own record. (Would of l,ast year too) He knows he still needs a few more good years to make the Hall of Fame. If he ends up with say 130 TD's-how could they keep him out?? He will match his number in Td's that is my prediction. Johnson will still end up with 14 rushing and 6 recieving. L J's hands have been great from what I hear-Gretz says star of camp-But DV still says PH is #1. I would tend to believe the head coach over the media. Halfcan Yes, I agree that Priest will be the undisputed starter. But, at the same time, I think LJ will play a bigger role that we all think.

jidar1
08-08-2005, 02:00 PM
PH isn't going to break his record this year. He needs to slow down if he wants to stay healthy through the whole season. He knows it and the coaches know it, and now that we have a good backup we can finally do it.
Second, no way does he break his record let alone get 31 touchdowns. Third, seriously, lol @ LJ getting 20 TDs. You know Tomlinson lead the league in total TDs last season and he had 20?
You don't get that kind of production from a backup. If he gets 10 it would be a great year for him. IF PH goes out early then maybe he will hit that 20 mark, but that's not something anyone wants to see.

htismaqe
08-08-2005, 02:02 PM
Priest Holmes is the #1 RB.

But Al Saunders is under orders from both Vermeil and Carl to get LJ on the field. He's no longer a solid backup but a weapon in his own right.

Halfcan
08-08-2005, 03:52 PM
Say we get the same rushing TD total as last year, how is that going to break down. Only so many will be TRich-2 Bootleg by Trent-1 End around Dante-2 who gets the rest. LJ has been unstoppable in goal line situations and catching. Are the Cheifs ony going to get say 30 Rushing TD's what is you thought on that-and who is getting them. Halfcan

Vegas_Dave
08-08-2005, 03:57 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing formations with both Priest and LJ in the backfield...

Imagine as a defense having to scheme against that!!! Hell, I wouldnt be surprised if most of the formations we see like that actually end up being passing plays.

milkman
08-08-2005, 07:29 PM
Priest Holmes is the #1 RB.

But Al Saunders is under orders from both Vermeil and Carl to get LJ on the field. He's no longer a solid backup but a weapon in his own right.

Regardless of those orders, I would be surprised to see LJ be in more than 20% of the offensive plays, if Priest stays healthy.
And I'm really stretching for that number.

I can envision Priest getting 25 TDs rushing, and another couple in the air.

yoswif
08-08-2005, 08:24 PM
I think Saunders is drooling over the possibility of getting Priest, LJ, Gonzo and Wilson on the field at the same time. I think LJ will make big plays both rushing and receiving with that group.

Count Alex's Losses
08-08-2005, 09:03 PM
I still think the best way to split up the carries is on a per-series basis.

milkman
08-08-2005, 09:36 PM
I still think the best way to split up the carries is on a per-series basis.

You are joking, right? :rolleyes:

Count Alex's Losses
08-08-2005, 09:36 PM
You are joking, right? :rolleyes:

No, do you have a better idea? We HAVE to get LJ the ball, and giving him 3 carries and then giving Priest 3 carries is not going to get it done. They both need 6, 7, 8, 9 carries in a row, and splitting up the series is the only viable way to do that, IMO.

milkman
08-08-2005, 09:43 PM
No, do you have a better idea? We HAVE to get LJ the ball, and giving him 3 carries and then giving Priest 3 carries is not going to get it done. They both need 6, 7, 8, 9 carries in a row, and splitting up the series is the only viable way to do that, IMO.

By splitting carries, whether it's your idea, or 3 carries here, 3 carries there is simply going to ground both Priest and LJ.

RBs need to get into a rhythm, a flow.

Priest needs to be the featured back, with LJ getting time in the game just to give Priest a rest.

Count Alex's Losses
08-08-2005, 09:56 PM
RBs need to get into a rhythm, a flow.

Priest needs to be the featured back, with LJ getting time in the game just to give Priest a rest.

That's exactly what I'm talking about. Priest gets the majority of the series, and LJ gets the rest.

But LJ DOES need to be more than just a "backup" because he's THAT good.

milkman
08-08-2005, 10:01 PM
That's exactly what I'm talking about. Priest gets the majority of the series, and LJ gets the rest.

But LJ DOES need to be more than just a "backup" because he's THAT good.

I thought you were suggesting rotating series, the way that Landry did with Craig Morton and Roger Staubach back in the 70s.

Count Alex's Losses
08-08-2005, 10:05 PM
I thought you were suggesting rotating series, the way that Landry did with Craig Morton and Roger Staubach back in the 70s.

No, splitting the series 50-50 is a bad idea. I was thinking more along the lines of 70-30.

Chan93lx50
08-08-2005, 10:10 PM
According to the UWRF website, LJ got injured tonight in practice.

Hopefully its nothing, but it does not really say much about the injury

QUOTE: Eddie Kennison had the day off of practice this afternoon. Larry Johnson had a strained thigh and Coach Vermeil is not sure when the running back will be back.

END Quote

Halfcan
08-08-2005, 11:25 PM
You guys are forgetting Priest wants the ball as much as he can get it and the coach says LJ is the backup. So who is going to get the rest of the TD's if you don't like my numbers?? Halfcan

Count Alex's Losses
08-08-2005, 11:27 PM
You guys are forgetting Priest wants the ball as much as he can get it and the coach says LJ is the backup. So who is going to get the rest of the TD's if you don't like my numbers?? Halfcan

We need to get LJ the ball, end of story.

beer bacon
08-08-2005, 11:28 PM

I don't know who this Halfcan fellow is, but I don't think he will be getting many TDs for the Chiefs this season.

Halfcan
08-08-2005, 11:33 PM
Preist is getting no repect-he is still better than L J and deserves to get 90% of the carries. Period.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-08-2005, 11:33 PM
Yes, I agree that Priest will be the undisputed starter. But, at the same time, I think LJ will play a bigger role that we all think.

I've noticed a contradiction in the Q&As. When Priest talks about this, he talks like him and LJ will share the load. When DV talks about this, he talks like LJ will simply spell Priest when he's tired.

My opinion? While LJ will get some carries, they will be just that...some. I think LJ will get less than we all think, if Priest stays healthy.

Rausch
08-08-2005, 11:58 PM
I want a rested and full of wind PH out there, so throw in LJ for 2 or 3 plays and them put Holmes back out there for 5 or 6.....rotate. Keep Priest in there for the goalline stuff...

Chiefs Pantalones
08-09-2005, 12:00 AM
I want a rested and full of wind PH out there

you freak :)