PDA

View Full Version : Saunders hints that they might keep 6 WRs this season.

John_Wayne
08-08-2005, 03:51 PM
It's not much, but it's a hint.
=========================

Assistant head coach/offensive coordinator Al Saunders was stopped after practice for a few questions about his offense. When Saunders was asked about the wide-out positions, he replied: "If we lined up right now and played, Eddie Kennison would start on one side, Samie Parker would be on the other side, and Dante Hall would be our nickel receiver. So we're looking for two or three more guys to step up and take those jobs away and be positive players for us."

Marc Boerigter has recovered nicely. Said Saunders: "He's done real well; he's had better practices as we moved along. In fact the last two practices have probably been his best two, he's changing direction a lot better, and he's got the speed back. So he's going to make it really difficult for everybody else to be on the football team. A lot of it will be who are the special teams players out of that group."

This is Craphonso Thorpe's first camp with the Chiefs. "The thing that he can do very well is catch the football, which obviously is the No. 1 prerequisite for being a wide receiver," said Saunders. "He's got to learn how to play at a faster tempo and part of that comes from understanding and learning the offense. When you know what to do, you can play with a lot more conviction and a lot more speed. That's a part of the game that he's got to develop, and it comes along real fast."

SNR
08-08-2005, 03:59 PM
I thought we drafted Crap with speed in mind

penguinz
08-08-2005, 04:04 PM
There is a difference between running fast and playing fast.

John_Wayne
08-08-2005, 04:14 PM
1- Kennison - lock
2- Parker - lock
3- Hall - lock
4- Boeriger - probable
5- Mitchell - probable
=============
6- Thorpe - maybe

Horn - on the bubble
Booth - on the bubble

Smith - PS
McIntyre - PS

Curry - gone
Hill - gone

==================

That's the way I see it.

|Zach|
08-08-2005, 04:17 PM
I think Thorpe is more than a maybe.

dtrain
08-08-2005, 04:26 PM
I believe Thorpe is a gonna be there. Don't be surprised if Booth makes the squad. Sounds like he is having a great camp. If he can contribute on special teams look out.

Mecca
08-08-2005, 04:34 PM
If Jon Booth makes the team, I'll feel really bad about our WR depth. Also the only way he even has a remote chance is if Boerigter pukes on himself on the field or someone gets injured. Hell even Chris Horn is ahead of him and I doubt he's making the team.

Mr. Laz
08-08-2005, 05:20 PM
heard a few good things about Hill as well and mcintyre showed great athletic ability in NFLE

Mr. Laz
08-08-2005, 05:21 PM
If Jon Booth makes the team, I'll feel really bad about our WR depth. Also the only way he even has a remote chance is if Boerigter pukes on himself on the field or someone gets injured. Hell even Chris Horn is ahead of him and I doubt he's making the team.
john booth played quite well in NFLE

he was a QB in college so he's got a big upside as far as improvement

iirc he runs a 4.3 as well as be 6' 200lbs

i wouldn't be so quick to write him off

DTLB58
08-08-2005, 05:22 PM
1- Kennison - lock
2- Parker - lock
3- Hall - lock
4- Boeriger - probable
5- Mitchell - probable
=============
6- Thorpe - maybe

Horn - on the bubble
Booth - on the bubble

Smith - PS
McIntyre - PS

Curry - gone
Hill - gone

==================

That's the way I see it.
I say we keep 6. In no particular order:
1.Kennison
2.Parker
3.Bo
4.Horn
5.Hall
6.Crap

Mr. Laz
08-08-2005, 05:24 PM
I say we keep 6. In no particular order:
1.Kennison
2.Parker
3.Bo
4.Horn
5.Hall
6.Crap

Bo crap ... crap horn ... hall-a-crap ... crap in the hall

in no particular order :D

|Zach|
08-08-2005, 05:30 PM
Bo crap ... crap horn ... hall-a-crap ... crap in the hall

in no particular order :DROFL

stevieray
08-08-2005, 05:31 PM

He looked good in RF.

Mr. Laz
08-08-2005, 05:34 PM
He looked good in RF.

i like the guy alot ... seems smart, good body control

he's as good as some of our wide receivers now and he's only played that position for 1 year.

may not be this year ... but he's got good potiential

more than chris horn imo

horn is prolly as good as he's gonna get ... my 2 cent

Pants
08-08-2005, 05:35 PM
The important thing is Parker being #2, I can't wait to see him in more action. He will be #1 pretty soon, IMO.

stevieray
08-08-2005, 05:40 PM
i like the guy alot ... seems smart, good body control

he's as good as some of our wide receivers now and he's only played that position for 1 year.

may not be this year ... but he's got good potiential

i agree.

carlos3652
08-08-2005, 06:13 PM

I hope you are right laz, all our boys here in Olathe and MNU are pulling for him to do well and get in at least on the PS, He was an incredible athlete as a QB (NAIA) and hopefully he will have a shot...

John_Wayne
08-08-2005, 06:17 PM
I think Thorpe is more than a maybe. He's a maybe to be the #6 WR. If not, he WILL be on the PS.

|Zach|
08-08-2005, 06:18 PM
He's a maybe to be the #6 WR. If not, he WILL be on the PS.If he goes on the PS we lose him. Which is not good, he has a lot of potential.

John_Wayne
08-08-2005, 06:25 PM
If he goes on the PS we lose him. Which is not good, he has a lot of potential. Agreed. That's what I am afraid of too. I hope they keep 6 WRs / Thorpe. Although, sometimes certain players get a mysterious "injury" and are put on the IR. We've all seen that happen too.