PDA

View Full Version : Q&A LB DERRICK JOHNSON

philfree
08-08-2005, 05:18 PM
Q&A LB DERRICK JOHNSON
Aug 08, 2005, 2:13:55 PM

TRAINING CAMP

Q: How excited are you for this first preseason game?

JOHNSON: “Oh man, I am excited about this first preseason game. It’s an opportunity for me and the coaches and the players. It’s an opportunity to be a part of this defense and help these guys out this year.”

Q: You’ve been in camp a week now; do you have your feet on the ground?

JOHNSON: “Oh definitely, being out here these last six days has been a lot of work. I know the defense like the back of my hand. I am hoping that I can get out there and produce.”

Q: Do you anticipate that the environment during this first game to be different than anything you have ever seen before?

JOHNSON: “Out here this offense is really different for me, so to be out there on the field is really going to help me go against the offense. The preseason game is going to be a little different, a little faster than college but I’ll adjust to it.”

Q: What’s the learning curve for you?

JOHNSON: “The learning curve is when you mess up to learn from your mistakes. Knowing that you make mistakes, being a rookie you’re going to see some things you haven’t seen before and you just need to go with the flow.”

You gotta like the sound of that :)

PhilFree:arrow:

|Zach|
08-08-2005, 05:22 PM
Is that first game in Minn?

philfree
08-08-2005, 05:25 PM
Is that first game in Minn?

Friday night in the Dome.

PhilFree:arrow:

Logical
08-08-2005, 05:25 PM
I like DJ lots of confidence (maybe a little overconfident) and the right attitude.

redhed
08-08-2005, 06:43 PM
man oh man i cant wait to see this guy in some "games"
/saw him at minicamp, not nearly the same

Crush
08-08-2005, 09:35 PM
Gigitty gigitty