PDA

View Full Version : Pacman Problems

Mr. Laz
08-09-2005, 02:55 PM
TITANS, PACMAN HEADING FOR DIVORCE?

With no end to his contract impasse in sight and a handful of teammates recently speaking out about him, Titans cornerback Pacman Jones is doing little to mend fences.

Make that nothing at all.

On Monday, the unsigned Jones sounded off about the lack of support that his teammates are displaying as he stays away from training camp while his agent, Michael Huyghue continues to blunder talks regarding Pacman's rookie deal.

"My teammates, I don't think they've been as loyal as they should have been in this situation," Jones said, according to The Nashville Tennessean. "A lot of other guys around the league are holding out and my teammates are the only ones that are saying negative stuff about me.

"It bothers me that I am not on the field," Jones said. "But then I have to hear [linebacker] Keith Bulluck talking about me, how he doesn't even know who Pacman is."

Displaying the lack of maturity that has contributed to the situation in which he currently finds himself, Jones chided Bulluck for declining to use his famous nickname.

"Keith saying he is not going to call me Pacman, he is going to call me Adam 'Who is Adam? I don't know if this guy can help us' that is a little outrageous for my teammate to say that.''

Outrageous? The only things outrageous, as we see it, is that Jones refuses, by all appearances, to accept any responsibility for the predicament he now faces -- and he fails to display even an ounce of humility at a time when the world's biggest tin of humble pie is exactly what he needs to have shoved down his gullet.

We're not saying that Jones shouldn't feel a bit chafed about Monday comments from Bulluck and defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth, which were reported by ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli. Jones should be upset. But he also should know -- or his agent should tell him -- to not engage Bulluck, Haynesworth, or anyone else in a public feud at this incredibly delicate point in Jones' relationship with the organization.

The bottom line, as we see it, is that if Jones refuses to take a low profile now, when the seeds he sowed in the offseason are reaping him in the butt at the bargaining table, he'll never take a low profile, he'll never be humble, and he'll never "get it".

Our guess is that, if Jones doesn't "get it" soon, the Titans won't sign him at all -- and instead of being the sixth overall pick in 2006 he'll be lucky to be drafted in the sixth round.

Saulbadguy
08-09-2005, 02:59 PM
What happens if a draft pick never gets signed?

Chiefnj
08-09-2005, 03:00 PM
I bet the Titans are kicking themselves that they didn't draft Rolle or Rogers.

tk13
08-09-2005, 03:01 PM
Things can't really look much worse for the Titans, can they... had to purge most of their team because of salary cap issues, and then draft the one big stud CB out of the 3 in the first round that's a holdout problem.

Hydrae
08-09-2005, 03:02 PM
They aren't his teammates until he signs a contract.

If he doesn't sign, I believe he just goes back into the draft next year.

Goapics1
I believe they go back in the draft the following year. That is what Eli was gonna do if San Diego drafted him and did not trade. He was gonna go to law school for the year.........................

Mr. Laz
goes back into the draft next year

a rule that prolly needs to be changed ... needs to be 2 years before he goes back in imo.

losing a top 10 draft pick in 1 year is too much/too quick

ct
08-09-2005, 03:03 PM
I tell ya what could happen here, PacMan Jones for Charles Woodson straight up.

Mecca
08-09-2005, 03:04 PM
If your not signed by November you go back into the draft the next year.

ct
08-09-2005, 03:06 PM
They aren't his teammates until he signs a contract.

If he doesn't sign, I believe he just goes back into the draft next year.

That's what Bo essentially did after TB drafted him. And what Elway had threatened to do, until Baltimore was able to trade him.

alpha_omega
08-09-2005, 03:13 PM
Too bad the Titans arent on the schedule

tk13
08-09-2005, 03:41 PM
On NFL Live just now, Trey Wingo and Sean Salisbury talked about this situation... referred to him as "Adam" the entire segment... ROFL

KCTitus
08-09-2005, 03:45 PM
Wow...even if I were a pro NFL player, Im not sure Bullock or Haynesworth are two individuals I would get upset at me.

trndobrd
08-09-2005, 03:52 PM
Las Vegas Bandits....your future awaits

tomahawk kid
08-09-2005, 03:55 PM
So glad we didn't have the oppotunity to draft that holigan.....

the Talking Can
08-09-2005, 03:58 PM
"when the seeds he sowed in the offseason are reaping him in the butt..."

sounds painful...

Chiefnj
08-09-2005, 03:59 PM
Haynesworth must have forgot that he was a holdout.

Rausch
08-09-2005, 04:02 PM
Dude is a lock for the "Rome is Burning" show...

the Talking Can
08-09-2005, 04:04 PM
"The bottom line, as we see it, is that if Jones refuses to take a low profile now, when the seeds he sowed in the offseason are reaping him in the butt at the bargaining table..."

seriously, did Nick Athan write that?

Pitt Gorilla
08-09-2005, 04:27 PM
Dude has incredible skills; his recovery is unbelievable. However, I can't comprehend pissing off Keith; that guy is intense.

Uatu
08-09-2005, 04:34 PM
Nick Athan reporting Chiefs are close to a deal with Adam Jones...

whoman69
08-09-2005, 04:40 PM
Guy hasn't played a down in the NFL and already wants to be referred to in the 3rd person by his nickname?
I do think the last statement is idiotic though. If he is not signed by the deadline and goes into next years draft, someone is going to take him early. If Clarett can go in round 3...

Valiant
08-09-2005, 05:16 PM
Haynesworth must have forgot that he was a holdout.

Haynesworth said nobody slotted infront of him or behind him were signed when he held out, to set what he would make... He said Pacman's draftee's slotted in front of him and behind him are slotted and his is refusing the offer for more money and does not want the character clause in the contract...This is the guy with the misdemenors(sp?)...

Seriously you have not even played in the NFL, let alone played great and you are calling yourseld in the thirdperson with your nickname.. They guy has problems... I predict overdose or shot dead within five years...

Chiefnj
08-09-2005, 05:27 PM
Haynesworth said nobody slotted infront of him or behind him were signed when he held out, to set what he would make... He said Pacman's draftee's slotted in front of him and behind him are slotted and his is refusing the offer for more money and does not want the character clause in the contract...This is the guy with the misdemenors(sp?)...

Seriously you have not even played in the NFL, let alone played great and you are calling yourseld in the thirdperson with your nickname.. They guy has problems... I predict overdose or shot dead within five years...

I don't disagree that Pacman is an idiot. He's holding out because he doesn't want to lose any money (character clauses) and Haynesworth held out because he wanted the most money. It's all about money. It just seems a little hypocritical for Haynesworth to complain about when he was in the same situation.

Halfcan
08-09-2005, 05:41 PM
Pacman is a perfect name for this guy. He has a big mouth and he will be gobbling up salary and cap space. Seems a lot of predraft boards had us drafting him. Thank god for DJ slipping down, he signed and has done nothing but practice hard and say the right things.
Halfcan