PDA

View Full Version : Trade Woods and Fujita...

Frankie
08-10-2005, 09:14 AM
... before we have to just cut them. Get something for them. Doesn't/didn't Dallas have some interest in Woods? Fujita must have some trade value. Maybe package them up together :hmmm: . Maybe for one D-line player. What do y'all think?

Chiefnj
08-10-2005, 09:19 AM
I think Fujita still has a lot of value for the Chiefs, especially with Bell still not being 100%.

I don't think anyone would trade for Woods.

jidar1
08-10-2005, 09:19 AM
I think they aren't tradeable.

Wile_E_Coyote
08-10-2005, 09:24 AM
he hit the starting lineup fairly quickly, but If I remember correctly Fuj was a good ST player

jiveturkey
08-10-2005, 09:26 AM
I think Fujita still has a lot of value for the Chiefs, especially with Bell still not being 100%.

I don't think anyone would trade for Woods.Where did you hear that Bell wasn't 100%?

I thought that the coaches just weren't letting him go full speed because he might hurt someone.

Hoover
08-10-2005, 09:32 AM
In the NFL you have to have depth at LB, and Fujita is great depth to have. I think he can play all 3 positions. He is young, fast, and most importantly cheap.

As for Woods I'd love to trade him but its not going to happen. He will be Cut or make the team. I hope he makes the team, he is also great depth, Its DV's job to make this a team, and if he is sucessful Woods and Fujita will understand that they are important to the sucess of the season.

SNR
08-10-2005, 09:33 AM
Most I can see getting for Woods is a late round pick, and I would rather have Woods than a late round pick.

CoMoChief
08-10-2005, 09:34 AM
Where did you hear that Bell wasn't 100%?

I thought that the coaches just weren't letting him go full speed because he might hurt someone.

Bell has had back spasms through out camp, nothing serious, though the coaches are monitoring his reps so that he doesn't injure his back even more before the season begins. Thats why he probably won't see any time on Fridays game vs. the Viqueens. We're just resting him up, thats all. We all know that he is injury prone, so were not taking any chances before the games actually start counting.

P.S. - Damn I'm smart. :p

Chief Henry
08-10-2005, 09:34 AM

I don't think anyone would trade for Woods.

I don't want to see Fujita leave either. We'll need him.

J Diddy
08-10-2005, 09:36 AM
Trade them for what?

I think the highest bidder is gonna be who offers a case of bud light

KC Dan
08-10-2005, 09:37 AM
Fuji should go nowhere. If he doesn't start he will be excellent and an experienced backup. We will definately need that.

Alphaman
08-10-2005, 09:41 AM
I think they will both make the team this year and be quality backups for us. Woods will be the backup free safety to Wesley, while Bartee will be the backup strong safety to Knight.

Fujita will be the backup OLB to DJ.

In fact we will have several former starters who will provide excellent depth as backups: Woods, Fujita, Browning, Hall, Bartee and McCleon (after game 4).

MOhillbilly
08-10-2005, 09:44 AM
screw that, keep fuji.

Frankie
08-10-2005, 09:44 AM
Trade them for what?

Oh that kind of comment was all over the CP about LJ too last year. I'm not saying let's get a 1st round draft choice for them. I'm saying let's get something, instead of nothing.

Frankie
08-10-2005, 09:45 AM
I think they will both make the team this year and be quality backups for us. Woods will be the backup free safety to Wesley, while Bartee will be the backup strong safety to Knight.

Fujita will be the backup OLB to DJ.

In fact we will have several former starters who will provide excellent depth as backups: Woods, Fujita, Browning, Hall, Bartee and McCleon (after game 4).
Keyron Fox? Are you predicting he will be cut?

Hoover
08-10-2005, 09:46 AM
Plus Fujita is on his rookie Contract, you keep players like him. We can Cut woods next June and save cap space.

Chiefnj
08-10-2005, 09:48 AM
I don't think anyone is going to give up a draft pick for a player who has been playing on a team with some of the worst pass defenses in recent history, who is on his last leg and hasn't impressed in camp. I think there would be a better chance getting a 7th round pick for someone like Harts; at least he has a future.

Wile_E_Coyote
08-10-2005, 09:51 AM
Plus Fujita is on his rookie Contract, you keep players like him. We can Cut woods next June and save cap space.

he re-signed in April, don't think it was much more than minimum

J Diddy
08-10-2005, 09:52 AM
Oh that kind of comment was all over the CP about LJ too last year. I'm not saying let's get a 1st round draft choice for them. I'm saying let's get something, instead of nothing.

Big difference in that at that time LJ was an unknown. Woods and Fujita have been playing (on the worst defense in the league). Everyone knows what they got in them.

IIRC Fuji was a restricted FA but no interest was shown then, why should there be now?

Stinger
08-10-2005, 10:00 AM
Trade them for what?

If they throw in a 2 cheerleaders to be named later would that help?

J Diddy
08-10-2005, 10:00 AM
If they throw in a 2 cheerleaders to be named later would that help?

I don't know. Can they hit?

Stinger
08-10-2005, 10:03 AM

I am not sure although if you look at some of the Chiefs they look like they have been hit.

htismaqe
08-10-2005, 10:04 AM
he re-signed in April, don't think it was much more than minimum

He signed RFA tender.

Alphaman
08-10-2005, 10:53 AM
Keyron Fox? Are you predicting he will be cut?

Fox will be the backup to Bell.

J Diddy
08-10-2005, 10:54 AM
I am not sure although if you look at some of the Chiefs they look like they have been hit.

Yep, but I'd still do it. Even if I have to look the other way.

RedThat
08-10-2005, 11:03 AM
I don't think Woods has any trade value. Keep Fujita. Reason, depth. You need depth in the NFL. Losing him, we lose out on depth. Were better off just keeping them both.

tomahawk kid
08-10-2005, 11:08 AM
Trade them for what?

For a case of Bud Light? Are you kidding? Now, if they offered a case of Boulevard Pale Ale......... :hmmm:

Hydrae
08-10-2005, 11:28 AM
I do know that Dallas is thinking they may need to go outside their organization to find a starting free safety. So Woods may have a little value to them. I would rather keep Harts at this point anyway.

Frankie
08-10-2005, 11:52 AM
I do know that Dallas is thinking they may need to go outside their organization to find a starting free safety. So Woods may have a little value to them. I would rather keep Harts at this point anyway.
Agreed. Also all you "keep'em both" people act as if we are gonna have a 60-man roster.

milkman
08-10-2005, 11:57 AM

I think the more important question when talking about cheerleaders is, would you hit it?

milkman
08-10-2005, 11:59 AM

According to Former DB, Harts has looked better in camp than Woods.

But even if Dallas, or any other team showed any interest, would the Chiefs be able to absorb the cap hit if Woods were traded, or eventually cut?

Ultra Peanut
08-10-2005, 12:34 PM
What, is it "Pick on Psi's two favorite defensive players" day?

Most I can see getting for Woods is a late round pick, and I would rather have Woods than a late round pick.Word up.

Woods and Fujita have been playing (on the worst defense in the league).And naturally, it was totally their fault. Without them screwing everything up, we'd have had the best defense in the league!

Halfcan
08-10-2005, 01:07 PM
Viqueens-lol still laughing!! I like fuji-the guy played hurt last year and did a pretty good job. He was the only one that covered tight ends well. Which is not saying much since the Chiefs led the league in yardage to TE's. But Fuji tqackled well!! Woods is still not recovered. Barber and Maz will be cut. Maz has been out for a looong time-how long do you wait? And Barber missed a ton of tackles and won't be ready until half the season is gone. I think Fuji will get in Gun's good graces again once completely healthy.
Halfcan

Mecca
08-10-2005, 01:16 PM
Barbers contract pretty much dictates that he'll be on the roster this season. If he's cut it most likely won't be till after this year, where as Fujita can be released with no hit due to him signing a tender.

Scorp
08-10-2005, 03:08 PM
I can't believe you guys saying Woods has no trade value. Correct me i f i am wrong, but wasn't Woods in the pro bowl 2 years ago?

Mecca
08-10-2005, 03:10 PM
If he got traded to Dallas it would probably be for a 5th rounder, 4th tops.

Mr. Laz
08-10-2005, 03:12 PM
i'm always up for trying to trade guys if we are replacing them.

don't hold yer breath though

Brock
08-10-2005, 03:24 PM
I can't believe you guys saying Woods has no trade value. Correct me i f i am wrong, but wasn't Woods in the pro bowl 2 years ago?

And then a broken leg, and a bad year coming back. All I can say is, if I were the GM of another team, I'd literally laugh if Peterson offered me Jerome Woods in a trade.

andoman
08-10-2005, 04:33 PM
And then a broken leg, and a bad year coming back. All I can say is, if I were the GM of another team, I'd literally laugh if Peterson offered me Jerome Woods in a trade.

Wasn't the Pro Bowl bid after the broken leg?

MGRS13
08-10-2005, 05:28 PM
In the story in the star today about the LBs it said Fujita may have a hard time making the roster. If we can trade him for any thing at this point we might as well.

bringbackmarty
08-10-2005, 06:45 PM
fujita recieved some interest, but questions about his injury made teams back off, and he signed the rfa tender. Woods will probably be cut, the pro bowl berth was sympathy for coming back from a dogleg, and late credit for what he did when marty\gun were still running the show. If we can save a few bucks by cutting him and build some defensive line\wide reciever\oline depth with the bucks we save we should do it, if not, he will be a valuable special teams contributor\reserve db. He has some value in the nickle cb spot, even if its only in practice.

penchief
08-10-2005, 06:51 PM
screw that, keep fuji.

I agree. Fujita's only going into his third season. Same as Mitchell. Hell, he's still learning. Fuj is a good player and one we'll be glad we kept, IMO.

whoman69
08-10-2005, 06:52 PM
Why would anyone want to trade for someone who can't make our team on D? Granted we're much improved, but these guys were the 31st ranked D last year. Anyone that saw Woods play last year and still wants him is smoking something. This comes up every year. If teams are going to get these players, they usually will wait until they're cut so they give up nothing.

milkman
08-10-2005, 06:57 PM
Why would anyone want to trade for someone who can't make our team on D? Granted we're much improved, but these guys were the 31st ranked D last year. Anyone that saw Woods play last year and still wants him is smoking something. This comes up every year. If teams are going to get these players, they usually will wait until they're cut so they give up nothing.

But.......But......Woods went to the Pro Bowl a couple of years ago!

Surely there must be some team that can see he was the difference maker!

Why, without him, the D might have slipped to 32nd!

:rolleyes:

Deberg_1990
08-10-2005, 07:01 PM
But.......But......Woods went to the Pro Bowl a couple of years ago!

Im convinced the rest of the league threw him a bone that year for being a good soldier for so long. He had been in the league what, 8 years before he ever made his first Pro Bowl? Woods was a solid, but never spectacular player. He was best from like 1996-2000 or so. I never thought he was anything special.

milkman
08-10-2005, 07:02 PM
Im convinced the rest of the league threw him a bone that year for being a good soldier for so long. He had been in the league what, 8 years before he ever made his first Pro Bowl? Woods was a solid, but never spectacular player. He was best from like 1996-2000 or so. I never thought he was anything special.

Man, this place really needs a sarcasm smiley.

Deberg_1990
08-10-2005, 07:05 PM
Man, this place really needs a sarcasm smiley.

Nope, Im very serious...I never thought much of the guy honestly. He was solid, but never spectacular even in his best years.

jspchief
08-10-2005, 07:06 PM
This comes up every year. If teams are going to get these players, they usually will wait until they're cut so they give up nothing.It comes up more often than every year. Frankie makes a post about trading Woods about once a week. Someone needs to hit him upside the head with a dose of reality.

milkman
08-10-2005, 07:08 PM
Nope, Im very serious...I never thought much of the guy honestly. He was solid, but never spectacular even in his best years.

I was referring to my post.
You responded as though I was serious, and I wasn't.

I was being sarcastic, which apparently you missed.

Hence the need for a sarcasm smiley.

Frankie
08-11-2005, 12:34 AM
If he got traded to Dallas it would probably be for a 5th rounder, 4th tops.I'd have no problem with that.

Frankie
08-11-2005, 12:36 AM
Wasn't the Pro Bowl bid after the broken leg?
It was.

Frankie
08-11-2005, 12:37 AM
It comes up more often than every year. Frankie makes a post about trading Woods about once a week. Someone needs to hit him upside the head with a dose of reality.
Moi? :shrug: