PDA

View Full Version : What are some of the worst games you've seen in person?

Saulbadguy
08-10-2005, 12:17 PM
I'm sure everyone has been to a game that their team dissapointed them so much that you just wanted to perform random acts of violence.

This year, I think it was the Carolina game for me. When we got back from the game and started to unpack, some lady across the street yelled "Go Carolina!" I seriously wanted to hurt her.

dirk digler
08-10-2005, 12:18 PM
95 playoffs vs Colts.

I sat in the -10 degree weather with ice sticking to my ass to watch that pitiful performance.

Goapics1
08-10-2005, 12:19 PM
95 playoffs vs Colts.
heh heh 10-7.

Mile High Mania
08-10-2005, 12:20 PM
Bills @ Dallas in 2004... bullet to the brainpan.

luv
08-10-2005, 12:20 PM
The only game I've been to was the Texans game last year.

ptlyon
08-10-2005, 12:23 PM
The only game I've been to was the Texans game last year.

Any game I have gone to and they have lost sucks the big one, but that one really hurt bad - walking out of Arrowhead 0-3.

Goapics1
08-10-2005, 12:24 PM
This one. 2003 vs Patriots lost 38-34, stuffed at 1 yd line last play of game... :deevee: :deevee: :deevee: :deevee: :deevee:

http://www.indystar.com/library/factfiles/sports/football/indpls_colts/2003_season/notouch.jpg

Hoover
08-10-2005, 12:27 PM
Twolves vs Suns in 98 or something.

Here are the Best Games

Chiefs/Broncos 2003 Dante's Return Planet Weekend
Chiefs/49ers DT's called sack, was that 98?
Twolves/Bulls Rodman kicked that guy in the nuts

ptlyon
08-10-2005, 12:27 PM
Any game I have gone to and they have lost sucks the big one, but that one really hurt bad - walking out of Arrowhead 0-3.

OTOH - walking out of the MNF game against the Ra iders in '92 chanting "O and 4, O and 4" because we just put them 0-4 was probably my highlight of walking out of Arrowhead.

dirk digler
08-10-2005, 12:28 PM
heh heh 10-7.

:cuss: :banghead: :mad: 4321

luv
08-10-2005, 12:29 PM
Yeah, that 13 point turnaround interception hurt us.

Was still kinda cool for my first game. Retired Joe Delaney's number and Holmes broke the Chiefs records for rushing yards. Tailgating was fun, too. I met a few people, but I have no clue who.

Bob Dole
08-10-2005, 12:30 PM

Especially after losing your voice due to screaming at the moronic officiating crew.

That had to be the single most poorly called NFL game Bob Dole has ever witnessed.

Hoover
08-10-2005, 12:30 PM
I wnet to a Chiefs/Seahawks game in Late December, Arrowhead had 4 inches of Ice on it. Froze my nuts off.

ptlyon
08-10-2005, 12:31 PM
Especially after losing your voice due to screaming at the moronic officiating crew.

That had to be the single most poorly called NFL game Bob Dole has ever witnessed.

Looked like the opening scene to "Saving Private Ryan" at times...

jspchief
08-10-2005, 12:32 PM
I think the most painful one for me was @ Denver in 2003. I was front row on the Donkey side, and besides watching Portis destroy our D, I also got to watch the whole title belt thing unfold on the sidelines. The media had hyped up the RB duel, and while Holmes had a pretty good game, it obviously couldn't compare to the ass raping Portis gave the Chiefs.

Here's the picture my wife uses to get under my skin.

luv
08-10-2005, 12:32 PM

AMEN

Death Nebula
08-10-2005, 12:33 PM
Forget the year..think it was Tony G's rookie year...playoff game against Denver where Gonzo was called out of bounds in the end zone at the end of the game.....Oh yeah and the colts game was a blast last year...except for the header I took over the chick in front of me.....I'm in the upper section pretty far up...tryin to squeeze my way to my seet....drunk....I loose my balance and over I go....my face landed in her crotch...my feet hit her boyfried....and yet the two beers I was carrying remained completly full.....gotta admire that!!! Took a beeting from the boys for that one on the way home!!!

ptlyon
08-10-2005, 12:34 PM
I think the most painful one for me was @ Denver in 2003. I was front row on the Donkey side, and besides watching Portis destroy our D, I also got to watch the whole title belt thing unfold on the sidelines. The media had hyped up the RB duel, and while Holmes had a pretty good game, it obviously couldn't compare to the ass raping Portis gave the Chiefs.

Your wife is a Browncow fan?

You will have to fill me in on how that works. My g/f is a Bronco fan. Since we have not been together during a football season, I'm not really sure how long it will last...

MOhillbilly
08-10-2005, 12:36 PM
91 Chiefs Oilers
and the Bills game a few years back.

luv
08-10-2005, 12:36 PM
ROFL Classic.

She may root for the wrong team, but she's got finesse!

Ultra Peanut
08-10-2005, 12:37 PM
Cincy in '03. Coming off a huuuuge high after Memphis obliterated Louisville 37-7 in "Nothing But a Pile of Feathers" (as the Louisville Courier-Journal put it), the short trip to Cincy was followed by a supremely disappointing effort by the Chiefs and constant chanting of "Who Dey" and other stupid shit by happy fricking Bengals fans.

ptlyon
08-10-2005, 12:38 PM
Forget the year..think it was Tony G's rookie year...playoff game against Denver where Gonzo was called out of bounds in the end zone at the end of the game.....

Played in all 16 games, collecting 33 catches for 368 yards (11.2 avg.) and two TDs, in addition to a blocked punt on special teams … First pro catch was a 22-yard strike from QB Elvis Grbac at Denver (8/31) ... Made a diving 21-yard TD grab for his inaugural NFL score at Miami (10/5) ... Caught a key two-point conversion in a 28-20 win at St. Louis (10/26) ... Corralled four passes for 56 yards vs. Pittsburgh (11/3), including a spectacular 30-yard grab over the back of LB Levon Kirkland … Helped account for back-to-back TDs vs. San Francisco (11/30). Caught two passes for 19 yards including a two-yard TD reception from Rich Gannon and then blocked a P Tommy Thompson kick on the 49ers ensuing possession, returning the ball to the three-yard-line which set up a RB Marcus Allen TD run on the next play in a 44-9 romp over the 49ers … Caught three passes for 26 yards with a 12-yard TD grab in the third quarter of Kansas City’s AFC Divisional Playoff appearance vs. Denver (1/4/98) after being ruled out of bounds on an apparent three-yard TD catch earlier in the quarter.

I was at that fiasco too.

siberian khatru
08-10-2005, 12:39 PM
Expos sweep doubleheader from Royals at the K in the gloom and rain, 2004. Fitting weather.

Ultra Peanut
08-10-2005, 12:43 PM
If this isn't Chiefs-specific, then definitely:

Memphis-Cincinnati, November 2001. One defensive stop on 4th-and-27 from going to a bowl for the first time in almost thirty years. One huge defensive breakdown and intense pain that didn't even begin to hurt any less until December 16, 2003.

There were still, like, six seconds left after Giudugli completed a short pass for the touchdown, but the whole place just went completely silent. Every single person in that stadium just walked out like they'd been stabbed and couldn't quite comprehend the gushing wound they saw. Utterly surreal.

Even after trips to back-to-back bowls, I'm still numb just thinking about that day.

Crush
08-10-2005, 12:45 PM
Royals/Tigers '95

I don't know who won, but I was about to gouge my eyes out when the game finally ended.

jspchief
08-10-2005, 12:49 PM

You will have to fill me in on how that works. My g/f is a Bronco fan. Since we have not been together during a football season, I'm not really sure how long it will last...Two times a year, it gets seriously ugly. I'm die hard and hate the Donkeys, and she never backs down. We've attended almost every KC/Den game since we met, including the ones in Denver, and we always have a silent drive home.

In fact, in 2001 I took an engagement ring to the game at KC with the intention of proposing at the game, but we were so pissed at each other by the end of the game that I never did it, postponing it for a few months.

If both of you are serious about football, it will probably create problems. The key is knowing how to get over it the next day.

ptlyon
08-10-2005, 12:55 PM
Two times a year, it gets seriously ugly. I'm die hard and hate the Donkeys, and she never backs down. We've attended almost every KC/Den game since we met, including the ones in Denver, and we always have a silent drive home.

In fact, in 2001 I took an engagement ring to the game at KC with the intention of proposing at the game, but we were so pissed at each other by the end of the game that I never did it, postponing it for a few months.

If both of you are serious about football, it will probably create problems. The key is knowing how to get over it the next day.

Thanks. She isn't that die hard about it. She doesn't even know who their quarterback is, but it is enough to cause a rift I am sure.

luv
08-10-2005, 01:01 PM
Thanks. She isn't that die hard about it. She doesn't even know who their quarterback is, but it is enough to cause a rift I am sure.
Maybe her dad/brother/ex-boyfriend was a Broncs fan, and that's why she is. You might be able to convert her easily.

Prince22
08-10-2005, 01:01 PM
Every UK football game. Especially the LSU Hail Mary loss in 2002. Two UK DB's tipped the ball up (instead of down) into the hands of a LSU WR who took it 90 yards for a TD at the last second to win the game. I was one of the jackasses already on the field ready to tear down the goal post. But I wasn't one of the idiots that went ahead and jumped on the goal post before the play was over. I was standing right next to the LSU players on the sideline watching it all go down on the big screen. I stood on that field in silence for 25min. That damn play won an ESPY. :cuss:

cadmonkey
08-10-2005, 01:04 PM
This one. 2003 vs Patriots lost 38-34, stuffed at 1 yd line last play of game... :deevee: :deevee: :deevee: :deevee: :deevee:

http://www.indystar.com/library/factfiles/sports/football/indpls_colts/2003_season/notouch.jpg

nlm rochambeau :rockon:

if you can't get in from 3 feet out you don't deserve to win!!!

Dick Bull
08-10-2005, 01:07 PM
Last years Carolina Game. Team played like a freaking JV squad and to boot I got burnt to a frigging crisp. Crowd was flatter than 50 year old soda pop.

Goapics1
08-10-2005, 01:07 PM
nlm rochambeau :rockon:

if you can't get in from 3 feet out you don't deserve to win!!!
Willie McCheater also got hurt on that drive to stop the clock (Pats had zero timeouts left). Guess who tackled Edge to end the game?

:deevee: :deevee: :deevee: :deevee: :deevee: :deevee: :deevee: :deevee: :deevee: :sulk:

Crush
08-10-2005, 01:10 PM
Second that, worst game I've ever seen was a Blades game. At least I like baseball, I can't stand hockey!

ptlyon
08-10-2005, 01:12 PM
Maybe her dad/brother/ex-boyfriend was a Broncs fan, and that's why she is. You might be able to convert her easily.

I don't think so luv2 - she's pretty adamant about it, at least so far.

She came over after work one night late, she asked for me to put a t-shirt out for her to wear.

I laid my Priest Holmes jersey on the base of the bed. She came in quietly, looked at it and said "YOU DON'T F@KING THINK I'M GOING TO WEAR THAT DO YOU?" ROFL

Just good ribbing right now, but come week 2, it might get a little ugly.

cadmonkey
08-10-2005, 01:12 PM
Willie McCheater also got hurt on that drive to stop the clock (Pats had zero timeouts left). Guess who tackled Edge to end the game?

:deevee: :deevee: :deevee: :deevee: :deevee: :deevee: :deevee: :deevee: :deevee: :sulk:

That's called heads up football. Although how was he still in the game if he was treated for an injury? Anyways, he should have been blocked.

Prince22
08-10-2005, 01:13 PM
KC @ Cincy This was my first Chiefs game and we were a perfect 9-0 going into that game. I hate the Bengals and all their fans too. I caught a lot of hell for wearing my Holmes jersey and almost got into a few fights. They didn't want any after that game. I was already pissed and ready to take off someones head.

Goapics1
That's called heads up football. Although how was he still in the game if he was treated for an injury? Anyways, he should have been blocked.
He had to sit out one play. But you're right, he should have been blocked.

el borracho
Chiefs @ Raidurrs in 91 or 92. I was living in LA at the time and was the one Chiefs fan amongst all my friends (almost all Raidurr fans). The Chiefs had won like 10 of the last 12 games against the Raidurrs and, while I am not much of a trash-talker before the fact, all the Raidurr fans I was going with were admitting defeat in advance. I was psyched to see Okoye destroy people but, as it turns out, he was hurt and did not play that game.

Chiefs: 3 and out on the opening drive. We may even have lost yardage. Then the punt was blocked and recovered by the Raidurrs on like our 7 yard line. Of course the Raidurrs scored and the game just got worse from there.
Suddenly, all of the Raidurr fans I had gone with were yelling, laughing and throwing peanuts and napkins at me. Not fun.

alpha_omega
08-10-2005, 01:18 PM
1994: Rams 16 Chiefs 0 (or something close to that...we couldn't do anything right that day)

What an awful day that was.

luv
08-10-2005, 01:20 PM
I don't think so luv2 - she's pretty adamant about it, at least so far.

She came over after work one night late, she asked for me to put a t-shirt out for her to wear.

I laid my Priest Holmes jersey on the base of the bed. She came in quietly, looked at it and said "YOU DON'T F@KING THINK I'M GOING TO WEAR THAT DO YOU?" ROFL

Just good ribbing right now, but come week 2, it might get a little ugly.
Yeah, I've been known to be wrong more than a time or two.

Just seems, to me anyway, that, if she doesn't even know the name of their key offensive player (QB), then she's a fan because someone she was/is close to was/is a Broncs fan.

Anyway, I'm off to work. Y'all have a good evening.

luv
08-10-2005, 01:26 PM
Yeah, I've been known to be wrong more than a time or two.

Just seems, to me anyway, that, if she doesn't even know the name of their key offensive player (QB), then she's a fan because someone she was/is close to was/is a Broncs fan.

Anyway, I'm off to work. Y'all have a good evening.
Rereading this post. Sounds kinda mean. Didn't mean for it to come across like that. I'm not putting down your girlfriend or anything. Mine is just one of millions of opinions, and like most of those, it's probably wrong.

:) :) :)

morphius
08-10-2005, 01:27 PM
0-3 Loss to the Lions back in the 80's, every game I have went to since has been a win.

cadmonkey
08-10-2005, 01:32 PM
0-3 Loss to the Lions back in the 80's, every game I have went to since has been a win.

Are you kidding? I would have killed myself if I had to sit through that game. Not like it really matters, but did they score early or late?

ptlyon
08-10-2005, 01:32 PM
Rereading this post. Sounds kinda mean. Didn't mean for it to come across like that. I'm not putting down your girlfriend or anything. Mine is just one of millions of opinions, and like most of those, it's probably wrong.

:) :) :)

I didn't take it like that luv2 - not at all.

I guess I don't know why she would be a Bronco* fan, but it doesn't matter.

All that matters is that we crush them every time we play them. :cuss:

:)

way2kalm
08-10-2005, 02:02 PM
December 16, 1990 Houston Oilers vs Kansas City Chiefs. That was the day Warren Moon set the single game passing record (at the time) with 520+ yards I believe. It was cold as s**t that day and we had crappy seats, right behind the goal post. My toes froze and I could barely make it back to the car.

KCTitus
08-10-2005, 02:04 PM
December 16, 1990 Houston Oilers vs Kansas City Chiefs...

Ugh..was at a sports bar watching that and it hurt to watch on TV, I cannot imagine being there for that. I still have images of Jayice Pearson chasing the Houston receivers down the field.

MOhillbilly
08-10-2005, 02:04 PM
December 16, 1990 Houston Oilers vs Kansas City Chiefs. That was the day Warren Moon set the single game passing record (at the time) with 520+ yards I believe. It was cold as s**t that day and we had crappy seats, right behind the goal post. My toes froze and I could barely make it back to the car.

yeah i was at that game.
wasnt anyfun-cept i want outside.

BIG_DADDY
08-10-2005, 02:09 PM
Chiefs / Raiders Mud Bowl in Oakland.

Dartgod
08-10-2005, 02:09 PM
95 playoffs vs Colts.

I sat in the -10 degree weather with ice sticking to my ass to watch that pitiful performance.
That's the one. Fuggin' miserable, cold day for an equally miserable game.

:bang: Lin Elliot %(/ :$2500:

morphius
08-10-2005, 02:13 PM
Are you kidding? I would have killed myself if I had to sit through that game. Not like it really matters, but did they score early or late?
It was awful, cold, and I can't even remember when the score happened. I was fairly young and just thought it was cool to finally go to a game. It was years before I tried to go to another game though.

Dartgod
08-10-2005, 02:13 PM
Yeah, I was at that one too. Bad thing about season tickets; you get to see all the good games, but you have to suffer through the stinkers too.

1994: Rams 16 Chiefs 0 (or something close to that...we couldn't do anything right that day)

What an awful day that was.
Another one I had the pleasure of sitting through. You have the score right. The LA Rams were a pretty sorry team and a very young Jerome Bettis tore us a new asshole that day. The Rams were wearing those God-awful gold jerseys too, IIRC.

KCTitus
08-10-2005, 02:19 PM
Another one I had the pleasure of sitting through. You have the score right. The LA Rams were a pretty sorry team and a very young Jerome Bettis tore us a new asshole that day. The Rams were wearing those God-awful gold jerseys too, IIRC.

Montana's only game where he was shut out in his career.

Saulbadguy
08-10-2005, 02:27 PM
I hate to even bring this up, but I was sick to my stomach after last years K-State/KU football game.

Rukdafaidas
08-10-2005, 02:28 PM
Montana's only game where he was shut out in his career.
I remember Montana having the flu that game. On one play he dropped back to pass, nobody was open, so he went to throw the ball out of bounds only to have it intercepted and returned for a Rams touchdown.

skky man
08-10-2005, 02:39 PM
[QUOTE=Death Nebula]Forget the year..think it was Tony G's rookie year...playoff game against Denver where Gonzo was called out of bounds in the end zonet the end of the game.....

I'm a sooner and a chief fan and I agree Gonzo was shoved out and that was a bullshit holding call on the field goal that hurt I was there! I was also there for the purple pussy's handing it to OU 35-7! Those are the one's that hurt the most cuz I was there. So everyone else can bring up the LSU game and the USC game and I'll admit we lost and it wasn't pretty. I'd rather cheer for someone who's playing for something than someone who's just got a good vacation to a decent bowl!

Lzen
08-10-2005, 02:50 PM
I'm sure everyone has been to a game that their team dissapointed them so much that you just wanted to perform random acts of violence.

This year, I think it was the Carolina game for me. When we got back from the game and started to unpack, some lady across the street yelled "Go Carolina!" I seriously wanted to hurt her.

I was at that game, too. I probably had too much to drink. At the end of the game I chucked my water bottle. The people around me gave me looks like "what an asshole". At the time, I was just so pissed. But I shouldn't have acted like that anyways. Too much alcohol.

Probably the worst game for me was in 1996 vs San Diego at Arrowhead. Very cold day and the Chargers were kicking our butts. They were up 28-0 late in the 3rd(?) quarter. Crowd started chanting "Rich" or "Gannon" or something. We didn't stick around. Gannon came in and they scored a couple TDs but it was too little, too late.

Lzen
08-10-2005, 02:51 PM

Agreed.

tk13
08-10-2005, 02:52 PM
Probably Chiefs @ Bengals back in 2003. I thought it was going to be a tough game, but all the Bengal fans in a full out riot after the game helped raise the suckitude level for sure. It was crazy.

I'm not sure if there's a Royals game that should be on this list for me. The worst one was probably back in the late 90's... saw them against the Twins, Chris Haney started, gave up 9 runs in the first inning, we got clobbered.

Lzen
08-10-2005, 02:53 PM

You should consider an anollment. ;)

Ultra Peanut
08-10-2005, 02:58 PM
Probably Chiefs @ Bengals back in 2003. I thought it was going to be a tough game, but all the Bengal fans in a full out riot after the game helped raise the suckitude level for sure. It was crazy.God, yes.

Though the "9-1" some of the tards were yelling made me laugh a little...

Lzen
08-10-2005, 03:05 PM
Another one that totally sucked that I was at was against the Raiduhs at Arrowhead in 2000. My bud gave me tix for my birthday. Our defense couldn't stop Gannon and the Raiduhs even if their lives depended on it. To make matters worse, the very next game was when they clobbered St. Louis. I should've gone to that game. :shake:

Saulbadguy
08-10-2005, 03:05 PM
Probably Chiefs @ Bengals back in 2003. I thought it was going to be a tough game, but all the Bengal fans in a full out riot after the game helped raise the suckitude level for sure. It was crazy.

I'm not sure if there's a Royals game that should be on this list for me. The worst one was probably back in the late 90's... saw them against the Twins, Chris Haney started, gave up 9 runs in the first inning, we got clobbered.
Heh. I went to a Twins game in 03 when Albie Lopez started. He gave 10 or so runs in the first few innings. He was cut after the game.

Lzen
08-10-2005, 03:11 PM
That's what you guys get for being Royals fans. Dumbasses. ROFL

Saulbadguy
08-10-2005, 03:13 PM
Those aren't so bad. 81 home games, and its a minor miracle if they win. Every win is pretty much an upset. Losses are somewhat expected..so, the potential happiness factor is very high.

For example, I went to the 2nd game of the Royals-Yankees series this year. MacDougal struck out Jeter for the last out of the game. That was freaking awesome. I'll remember it for the rest of my life, even if the Royals still do suck.

Dartgod
08-10-2005, 03:16 PM
MacDougal struck out Jeter for the last out of the game. That was freaking awesome. I'll remember it for the rest of my life, even if the Royals still do suck.
Hehe, I remember a game from a couple years ago vs. the Giants. McDougal struck out Bonds on three pitches. Two 98 mph fastballs and then a breaking ball that literally buckled his knees. It was classic. ROFL

Calcountry
08-10-2005, 03:19 PM
heh heh 10-7.That was painful to watch on TV. They were giving the Colts all the props and Shortenheimer couldn't find anyone on the bench who had any High School kicking experience to kick a field goal.

Saulbadguy
08-10-2005, 03:20 PM
Hehe, I remember a game from a couple years ago vs. the Giants. McDougal struck out Bonds on three pitches. Two 98 mph fastballs and then a breaking ball that literally buckled his knees. It was classic. ROFL
San Francisco - Top of 9th Score
Mike MacDougal pitching for Kansas City SFO KAN
M Lopez at first base. 1 6
M MacDougal relieved J Grimsley. 1 6
M Grissom reached on infield single to pitcher. 1 6
R Aurilia struck out swinging. 1 6
R Durham walked, M Grissom to second. 1 6
B Bonds struck out looking. 1 6
B Santiago grounded into fielder's choice to shortstop, R Durham out at second, M Grissom to third

tk13
08-10-2005, 03:20 PM
I actually think I have a pretty good record at Royals games over the years, even over these last few years that haven't been quite as good.

brent102fire
08-10-2005, 03:21 PM
Any baseball game... :ZZZ:

Calcountry
08-10-2005, 03:23 PM
I actually think I have a pretty good record at Royals games over the years, even over these last few years that haven't been quite as good.So what are you doing wrong?

tk13
08-10-2005, 03:27 PM
Those aren't so bad. 81 home games, and its a minor miracle if they win. Every win is pretty much an upset. Losses are somewhat expected..so, the potential happiness factor is very high.

For example, I went to the 2nd game of the Royals-Yankees series this year. MacDougal struck out Jeter for the last out of the game. That was freaking awesome. I'll remember it for the rest of my life, even if the Royals still do suck.
The best is definitely 1994 for me. White Sox/Royals... Jack McDowell vs. Kevin Appier. Game goes into extra innings. Make it to the top of 12... the White Sox get a run across, take the lead 4-3. Bring in Roberto Hernandez, who was one of the best closers at the time, gonna be tough for the Royals... after one out, a couple base hits keep the inning alive, and Bob Hamelin steps to the plate. As soon as he made contact, you knew it was gone... blasted one over the fence, Royals win. The K goes insane. Great times. :)

tk13
08-10-2005, 03:29 PM
So what are you doing wrong?
Not going to enough games, apparently.

Nzoner
08-10-2005, 04:27 PM
Worst seen live

'95 '97 '03 play-off games
The ass kicking the Vikes gave the Chiefs 2 years ago in Minnesota
The 16-0 shut-out by the '94 Rams(and to think KC was 3-0 before that all against the NFC West)
Houston last year(if ever a fixed game was possible,that was it)

As for watching on tv I can't remember the year but Elway enroute to a come from behind victory against the Chiefs was clearly over the line of scrimmage on a 4th down completed pass.I remember they kept showing it on the tv repaly.I went balistic.

DTLB58
08-10-2005, 07:00 PM
The Rams game where they shut us out 16-0. It fricking poured the entire first half.

Montana was the QB, never expected a shutout. :shake:

bringbackmarty
08-10-2005, 07:07 PM
Man all of those games were heartbreaking, I did go to a terrible game that the chiefs won a few years back, on a missed vinateri 30 something yard field goal. It was a shitty way to win. The field goal was a gimme for vinateri and he just blew it.

bringbackmarty
08-10-2005, 07:07 PM
last play of the game.

Braincase
08-10-2005, 07:08 PM

I was there. That was the one I would've gone with, but there was the Colts @ Chiefs a couple years ago...gawd I want to win a playoff again...

Scalper
08-10-2005, 07:16 PM
Royals Game last night was one of the worst games i've evey encountered

Spott
08-10-2005, 07:25 PM
The Rams game in 94 was pretty bad. Getting shut out by a 4-12 team that sported those banana colored jerseys and Chris Miller at QB was pretty bad. There were quite of few rainy games that year that sucked. The San Diego game that year was also bad when we blew a 13-0 lead in the last quarter and then couldn't get the clock to stop for one last fg try at the end, although Elliott would have probably missed that one too. There was another ugly game that we won that year beating Cleveland 20-13. The 95 playoff game sucked and so did the MNF game against Pittsburgh where Elvis was blaming Tony Gonzalez for not catching his errant passes. I could probably think of a lot more, but it pisses me off too much to think about it.

WilliamTheIrish
08-10-2005, 07:29 PM
[QUOTE=Death Nebula]Forget the year..think it was Tony G's rookie year...playoff game against Denver where Gonzo was called out of bounds in the end zonet the end of the game.....

I'm a sooner and a chief fan and I agree Gonzo was shoved out and that was a bullshit holding call on the field goal that hurt I was there! I was also there for the purple pussy's handing it to OU 35-7! Those are the one's that hurt the most cuz I was there. So everyone else can bring up the LSU game and the USC game and I'll admit we lost and it wasn't pretty. I'd rather cheer for someone who's playing for something than someone who's just got a good vacation to a decent bowl!

I took more shiot going into the stadium that night from you drunken, red clay eating, trailer living, Grapes of Wrath inspiring, inbred assmonkey Sooners.

But you shut up real nice in the 3rd quarter. Easily the most satisfying in your face annihilation in the last 25 years.

Nice vacation to a decent bowl? You fuggin yahoo.

sd4chiefs
08-10-2005, 07:30 PM
I went to a Chiefs game in San Diego the year that the Chargers were going for a 0 - 16 season. They were 0 - 11 at the time. Elvis Grbac had a hang nail that week and he said that he could not play so they had Warren Moon start. He could not throw the ball more than 5 yards. The Chiefs did eveything they could to lose the game and the Chargers finally won with a field goal in the last two minutes. The Chargers fans acted like they had just won the Superbowl. I was stuck in the parking lot for an hour and had to lesson to them yelling "CHIEFS SUCK'.

WilliamTheIrish
08-10-2005, 07:36 PM
77 playoffs. Royals Stadium. Mickey Rivers climbs the CF wall and pulls two catches out of his sigmoid colon and Mayberry drops a pop up to allow the yankmees to win game 4 and tie the series.

Game 5 in 77 stands alone as the most disappointing game. in. my. life. no. question. even. to. this. day. I. hate. the. f'n. yankmees.

Although I didn't attend game 5.

Frazod
08-10-2005, 07:40 PM
'98 (maybe '99 - I forget) season opener versus the Bears in Chicago. The Bears had installed a gimmicky new offense that absolutely befuddled the defense for the entire first half - the Bears pretty much scored at will. I don't remember the exact score at the half, but it was BAD. I was standing in the concourse during halftime with a bunch of other KC fans (there were lots of us there).

The D adjusted in the second half, and the Girlbac-led offense finally woke up a bit, but in the end they were unable to overcome the Bears' huge first half, and ended up losing by 7.

:grr:

Mr. Flopnuts
08-10-2005, 07:55 PM
In 1999 I went to watch the Chiefs and Seahawks play ultimately for the division championship in the final home game before the Kingdome was to be destroyed. Seeing as I had never seen the Chiefs lose there I figured it would be a lock. Instead I sat around raving Hag fans screaming and yelling as my division hopes went down the drain. Simply f*cking putrid. I still get sick to my stomach thinking about that game. It does however remind me of my first Chiefs game also in the Kingdome when the Chiefs got the ball first and went 3 and out, only to have Louie Aguilar throw a "pop fly" down field for a 50 yard gain and a first down. That was pretty exciting. :)

WilliamTheIrish
08-10-2005, 08:28 PM
In 1999 I went to watch the Chiefs and Seahawks play ultimately for the division championship in the final home game before the Kingdome was to be destroyed. Seeing as I had never seen the Chiefs lose there I figured it would be a lock. Instead I sat around raving Hag fans screaming and yelling as my division hopes went down the drain. Simply f*cking putrid. I still get sick to my stomach thinking about that game. It does however remind me of my first Chiefs game also in the Kingdome when the Chiefs got the ball first and went 3 and out, only to have Louie Aguilar throw a "pop fly" down field for a 50 yard gain and a first down. That was pretty exciting. :)

Caught by none other than Kevin Lockett.

carlos3652
08-10-2005, 09:33 PM
I cant believe no one has brought this one up:

After losing the game in Seattle that Chiefman420 brought up in 1999, I went to my first KC game ever... KC needed a win, Hawks needed to lose and the Chiefs would take the Division and a playoff spot...

Hawks lose 19-9 to the Jets. and the Chiefs are up 17-0 after only 8 min in the 1st Quarter.

Final Score

Oakland Raiders 41,
Kansas City Chiefs 38 (OT)

P.Stoyanovich last second FG (44 yards) to try to win it in regulation goes wide left, everyone in front of me were celebrating like we made it and won, It was amazing... then all of a sudden we realize he missed it, and the in OT Gannon drives and their K sends us home...
I was so pissed...

Other games that come to mind:

Italy World Cup 1990
Germany 1 (Penalty kick with less than 10 min left)
Argentina 0

South America Qualifying game for USA WC 1994

Colombia 5
Argentina 0

in Buenos Aires, we barely made it to the WC that year by beating the Aussies for the final spot in the WC. - Lost Diego Maradona after beating Nigeria (2-1) and Greece (4-0). Lost to Bulgaria (0-2) and to Romania (2-3 Round of 16) in the following games with out him...

That was the last time Diego suited up for the National team... what a loss...

nychief
08-10-2005, 09:37 PM
I was at the game where then Oilers QB Warren Moon threw for 511 yards.... that was the same game where DeBerg disclocated his finger and had it poped back in on the sidelines.

whoman69
08-10-2005, 09:57 PM
'81 Hawkeyes in the season they got their first Rose Bowl in more than 20 years. After beating then #6 UCLA and #6 Nebraska, they got a national TV game against Minnesota. It was a crappy overcast day. The team was obviously not used to the TV timeouts and neither was the crowd. The Hawkeyes played brutally and lost 12-10 to a team that didn't really play much better.

WilliamTheIrish
08-10-2005, 11:22 PM
'81 Hawkeyes in the season they got their first Rose Bowl in more than 20 years. After beating then #6 UCLA and #6 Nebraska, they got a national TV game against Minnesota. It was a crappy overcast day. The team was obviously not used to the TV timeouts and neither was the crowd. The Hawkeyes played brutally and lost 12-10 to a team that didn't really play much better.

ROFL

DJJasonp
08-11-2005, 12:16 AM
I went to a Chiefs game in San Diego the year that the Chargers were going for a 0 - 16 season. They were 0 - 11 at the time. Elvis Grbac had a hang nail that week and he said that he could not play so they had Warren Moon start. He could not throw the ball more than 5 yards. The Chiefs did eveything they could to lose the game and the Chargers finally won with a field goal in the last two minutes. The Chargers fans acted like they had just won the Superbowl. I was stuck in the parking lot for an hour and had to lesson to them yelling "CHIEFS SUCK'.

I was at that game also.....Warren Moon looked like he was 90 yrs old....but one sticks out for me even worse....

Cant remember the year (mid 90's), but Pittsburgh came into Arrowhead for a Sunday night game....they whipped our ass something like 30-0.

Everyone was pissed as hell walking out and I ended up in a scuffle in the parking lot.

AZORChiefFan
08-11-2005, 12:43 AM
Yep the 91 game Oilers V Chiefs.

Or the Oct 21 2001 game at Sun Devil Stadium. Dear gawd there is nothing like getting smack from a Cardinals fan.

Non Chiefs game - Chargers/Dolphins game played at Sun Devil because of the CA wildfires. That was just a suck game all around.

alanm
08-11-2005, 12:45 AM

You will have to fill me in on how that works. My g/f is a Bronco fan. Since we have not been together during a football season, I'm not really sure how long it will last...
My GF's a diehard Bronco fan also. It works out well. But I take the losses harder than she does so she knows not to rub it in on gameday. I'm usually over it the next day. :)

Pitt Gorilla
08-11-2005, 12:51 AM
2004 MU vs. OSU
2004 MU vs. KSU
2004 MU vs. KU

Save it; I realize some of you consider these to be in the "best games" category. I get it. It's funny. It's a big hat. /Turd Ferguson off]

alanm
08-11-2005, 01:01 AM
I took more shiot going into the stadium that night from you drunken, red clay eating, trailer living, Grapes of Wrath inspiring, inbred assmonkey Sooners.

But you shut up real nice in the 3rd quarter. Easily the most satisfying in your face annihilation in the last 25 years.

Nice vacation to a decent bowl? You fuggin yahoo.
Geez.. And Callahan just called them Hillbillys and got his ass ripped by Husker fans for doing so no less.
Lots of mutual respect between the Huskers and the Sooners. Just wish we played them every year. :(