PDA

View Full Version : TO leaves camp?

ct
08-10-2005, 01:47 PM
Hi Folks,

The Terrell Owens Circus continues.

We're hearing that Terrell Owens has left the Eagles training camp at
Lehigh University after a heated discussion with coach Andy Reid.

This story is still developing and we'll have more on it here soon.

Full article: http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/sports/football/12350280.htm

Clipped from the Philly.com article: There are reports this afternoon
that wide receiver Terrell Owens exchanged words with Head Coach Andy
Reid at a team meeting and was asked to leave.

Owens then got his belongings and cleared out of Eagles training camp
at Lehigh University, according to one television report.

The Inquirer will update and confirm this information as soon as possible.

[ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ OUR VIEW ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ]

More drama than Eagles fans would like to see. We'll have more on this
as it comes available.

dirk digler
08-10-2005, 01:48 PM
Damn we posted this at the same time. Mods you can delete mine.

KCTitus
08-10-2005, 01:49 PM
I love ME some ME!

ct
08-10-2005, 01:49 PM
guess I'm 1st in the alphabetical sorting, props to ya still dirk

ROYC75
08-10-2005, 01:51 PM
Imagine that...... The mouth is alive !

the Talking Can
08-10-2005, 01:51 PM
I love that he has no leverage.

He can rot on the bench or pay fines out the wazoooo.

Goapics1
08-10-2005, 01:52 PM
Un****ing believable. TO not worth the problems he is causing. What a pain in the ass.

shakesthecat
08-10-2005, 01:53 PM
I think the team should suspend Owens the first 4 games of the regular season.

That'll teach him.

Goapics1
08-10-2005, 01:53 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/parenting/images/300/baby_crying_closeup.jpg

Crush
08-10-2005, 01:54 PM
He should've listened to the NFLPA and not sign that initial contract in the first place.

Lzen
08-10-2005, 01:55 PM
That game against the Eagles is starting to look not so tough. :)

dirk digler
If I was the Eagles this is what I would do. I would not let Owens step again on the field until his contract expires in 2011. I would keep paying him and his ass can sit at home for the next 6 years.

ptlyon
I think there is an echo in here.

the Talking Can
He is the only one to blame.

He could have been a FA in San Fran if he'd filed his papers.

morphius
08-10-2005, 01:56 PM
I think the team should suspend Owens the first 4 games of the regular season.

That'll teach him.
Brilliant!

Goapics1
08-10-2005, 01:56 PM
I'm so confused.

ct
08-10-2005, 01:57 PM
If I was the Eagles this is what I would do. I would not let Owens step again on the field until his contract expires in 2011. I would keep paying him and his ass can sit at home for the next 6 years.

Would you please offer that suggestion to my boss? Thanks!

KCTitus
08-10-2005, 01:58 PM
w/o TO, the Eagles WR situation looks worse than KC's...that team is imploding.

penguinz
08-10-2005, 01:59 PM
That will teach him. Pay him millions of $ to play xbox.

ct
I think there is an echo in here.

In other news, I hear TO left camp. I've got a link...

TO leaves camp (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=121267)

Herzig
He is the only one to blame.

He could have been a FA in San Fran if he'd filed his papers.

That was freaking hilarious. He's so gifted, but not worth the trouble. What a dumbass. I hope he loses so much money on this.

Crush
We appear to be stuck in a disturbance of the space-time continuum.

morphius
The thing is that they could fine him all of that money for not showing up...

dirk digler

Sure no problem.

I know it may sound stupid but just bench his ass and never let him play. For most athletes that is a killer not to play.

Braincase
08-10-2005, 02:00 PM
TO is a TOOL.

ct
08-10-2005, 02:01 PM
Sure no problem.

I know it may sound stupid but just bench his ass and never let him play. For most athletes that is a killer not to play.

Unless your name is Marcus Spears.

MODS HELP!!! We really need a merge here. Keep either one, don't care, just help!

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-10-2005, 02:01 PM
How obvious is it that this dumbass is gonna end up in Oakland eventually?

BIG_DADDY
08-10-2005, 02:02 PM
What a Drama Queen.

dirk digler
08-10-2005, 02:04 PM
That will teach him. Pay him millions of $ to play xbox.

What else can you do? You could cut him but that is what he wants and no team in there right mind would trade for this headcase.

Crush
08-10-2005, 02:05 PM
It's the elusive double-thread.

Goapics1
08-10-2005, 02:07 PM
TO is a

http://gandatrofio.blogs.sapo.pt/arquivo/hemorroid.gif

Crush
08-10-2005, 02:11 PM
I'm so glad NFL Live has decided to devote their entire program to this slop opera. :rolleyes:

cadmonkey
08-10-2005, 02:11 PM
I bet he left because Reid made him wear his shorts over his pantyhose!!!!

penguinz
08-10-2005, 02:12 PM
What else can you do? You could cut him but that is what he wants and no team in there right mind would trade for this headcase.
Let him sit but don;t pay him anything.

Crush
08-10-2005, 02:15 PM

Put him on retirement reserve, don't pay him, and actually demand money back.

BIG_DADDY
08-10-2005, 02:20 PM
I'm so glad NFL Live has decided to devote their entire program to this slop opera. :rolleyes:

Absolutely, that's most of the reason he does it to see himself featured on TV that night. I can't even get any Chiefs coverage but this guy is on every friggen night.

dirk digler
08-10-2005, 02:20 PM

I don't think they can do that can they? He has contract so as long as he is on the team they have to pay him minus the fines. Or am I missing something?

Now they could put him on the PUP list but I don't if they have to pay while he is on the list.

Chief Henry
08-10-2005, 02:22 PM
I love that he has no leverage.

He can rot on the bench or pay fines out the wazoooo.

That would be so cool if that happens. But it won't.

Crush
08-10-2005, 02:24 PM
I don't think they can do that can they? He has contract so as long as he is on the team they have to pay him minus the fines. Or am I missing something?

Now they could put him on the PUP list but I don't if they have to pay while he is on the list.

I heard somewhere if a player goes to training camp and then leaves, the team can put him on the retirement reserve (?) list and the player's salary for that season becomes null and void. In fact, I also heard they can also demand a portion of the signing bonus back. I heard this on ESPNEWS when he initially returned to camp.

Crush
08-10-2005, 02:25 PM
...or I could be mistaken. :shrug:

Tinlar

Maybe you could convince my boss to pay me to sit at home for this next 6 years?

KCTitus
I heard somewhere if a player goes to training camp and then leaves, the team can put him on the retirement reserve (?) list and the player's salary for that season becomes null and void. In fact, I also heard they can also demand a portion of the signing bonus back. I heard this on ESPNEWS when he initially returned to camp.

It would have to be something in the CBA...I would definitely think that if he does skip out on the season, Philly would have recourse to recoup some of their signing bonus money.

dirk digler
08-10-2005, 02:38 PM
Early reports coming in

Reported by G. Cobb of 610 WIP

TO had the day off for treatment....but started running routes on his own pretty much full speed...so Reid said to him, hey if you're ready to go you should be practicing and TO took exception...sparks flew....Reid sent him home and a suspension is likely coming.

Goapics1
08-10-2005, 02:39 PM
Early reports coming in
ROFL

ct
08-10-2005, 02:43 PM
Maybe you could convince my boss to pay me to sit at home for this next 6 years?

Tried that already, then they brought up the fine problems, and realized I'm screwed.

dirk digler
08-10-2005, 02:45 PM
ROFL

This is like a damn soap opera.

StcChief
08-10-2005, 02:47 PM
like the Iggles can afford to sit him for 6 years. what a hit.

Tuckdaddy
08-10-2005, 02:48 PM
They are so so fugged.

vailpass
08-10-2005, 03:07 PM
Eagles board said Reid asked TO if he was going to sign autographs today. TO cried and felt disrespected and talked back to Reid, Reid y elled at TO told him to get the phuck out. 1 week suspension.

www.gobirds.com

dirk digler
08-10-2005, 03:09 PM
Eagles board said Reid asked TO if he was going to sign autographs today. TO cried and felt disrespected and talked back to Reid, Reid y elled at TO told him to get the phuck out. 1 week suspension.

www.gobirds.com

I heard that too. It is kind of hard to get the real story until Reid or TO say something.

vailpass
08-10-2005, 03:12 PM
I heard that too. It is kind of hard to get the real story until Reid or TO say something.

No doubt. It's all speculation and drama until it comes from the horse's mouth. F TO, I'm just glad he's not my problem. Hope they bench his sorry whiny a$$.

stevieray
08-10-2005, 03:14 PM
Eagles board said Reid asked TO if he was going to sign autographs today.

he prolly wanted ten million more to do that.

vailpass
08-10-2005, 03:17 PM
he prolly wanted ten million more to do that.

ROFL

chefsos
08-10-2005, 03:26 PM
Howard Eskin on 610 WIP (Philly) sez:
TO had the day off to rest his groin.(!) So what does he do? He dresses IN FULL PADS, goes to a side field, calls plays and has someone throw him balls. Reid thought he was showing him up.

chefsos
08-10-2005, 03:45 PM
FredEX is on the phone with Eskin about it right now. No shit.

jspchief
08-10-2005, 03:46 PM
Just heard on Fox radio that TO has been suspended for a week.

AZORChiefFan
08-10-2005, 03:48 PM
WHAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chan93lx50
08-10-2005, 03:51 PM
What complete pile of monkey dog shit! NFL should tell the boy to go **** himself and go play Canada ball!

Halfcan
08-10-2005, 03:52 PM
Only a week? I respect coach Reid and have been shocked that he has let all of this get out of control. TO will go down in history as the biggest azzhole ever. He has no respect for the Eagles, the NFL, fans, no one but himself. I bet Al Davis can't wait to get him signed up. Halfcan

nolimitpk
08-10-2005, 03:58 PM
Why do you talk so badly about this guy? He is underpaid. SHOULD BE PAID THE MOST IN THE LEAGUE. HE SINGLE HANDEDLY ALMOST WON THE EAGLES A SUPER BOWL. THEY MADE HIM SIGN A INJURY WAIVER TO PLAY THAT GAME. HE PUT HIS WHOLE CAREER ON THE LINE TO WIN A SUPER BOWL FOR THE EAGLES. YOU ALL TALK ABOUT WHAT A ASSHOLE HE IS. HE WAS ALMOST THE SUPER BOWL MVP AND HE WAS ON THE LOOSING TEAM. HE GAVE EVERYTHING HE HAD TO TRY TO WIN THAT GAME. HE DESERVES A RAISE. IF YOU SAY THAT HE DOESNT THEN IMAGINE THIS, YOU WORK 40 HOURS A WEEK, YOUR BOSS SAYS WORK 20 MORE HOURS AND WE ARE GOING TO JUST PAY YOU YOUR BASE OR YOU GET DEMOTED. NOTHING EXTRA, JUST YOUR BASE. YOU WOULD GO APESHIT!!!

chefsos
08-10-2005, 04:06 PM
Reid sent TO home. TO, after getting to his house, proceeded to bring weights and other workout equipment out into his front yard. With helicopters flying and cameras rolling, he started doing his workout.

In the front yard.

Fred Mitchell told Eskin he talks to TO every day, and claimed the front yard workout circus was his idea.

Mr. Laz
08-10-2005, 04:08 PM
Why do you talk so badly about this guy? He is underpaid. SHOULD BE PAID THE MOST IN THE LEAGUE. HE SINGLE HANDEDLY ALMOST WON THE EAGLES A SUPER BOWL. THEY MADE HIM SIGN A INJURY WAIVER TO PLAY THAT GAME. HE PUT HIS WHOLE CAREER ON THE LINE TO WIN A SUPER BOWL FOR THE EAGLES. YOU ALL TALK ABOUT WHAT A ASSHOLE HE IS. HE WAS ALMOST THE SUPER BOWL MVP AND HE WAS ON THE LOOSING TEAM. HE GAVE EVERYTHING HE HAD TO TRY TO WIN THAT GAME. HE DESERVES A RAISE. IF YOU SAY THAT HE DOESNT THEN IMAGINE THIS, YOU WORK 40 HOURS A WEEK, YOUR BOSS SAYS WORK 20 MORE HOURS AND WE ARE GOING TO JUST PAY YOU YOUR BASE OR YOU GET DEMOTED. NOTHING EXTRA, JUST YOUR BASE. YOU WOULD GO APESHIT!!!
IWONDERIFICANSHOUTANDYELLWITHCAPSSOMEMOREANDBLENDEVERYTHINGTOGETHERSOITCANBE ANYHARDERTOFUGGINGREAD!!!!

Miles
08-10-2005, 05:04 PM
This is turning into a bit of a train wreck. I would be kind of suprised if he keeps this shit up during the regular season but at this point its not exactly easy to predict.

Chan93lx50
08-10-2005, 05:13 PM
No comment!

Frazod
08-10-2005, 06:35 PM
Just finished watching the post-suspension interview with TO.

I've never heard the word "I" used so much by a single person in two minutes.

What a prick. :shake:

mikey23545
08-10-2005, 06:52 PM
Why do you talk so badly about this guy? He is underpaid. SHOULD BE PAID MORE THAN MICHAEL JACKSON. HE SINGLE HANDEDLY GETS HIMSELF ON TV EVERY NIGHT. THEY MADE HIM SIGN AUTOGRAPHS FOR FREE. AFTER ALL, HE PUTS HIS WHOLE CAREER ON THE LINE EVERY TIME HE USES HIS PRECIOUS HANDS TO SIGN A PIECE OF PAPER. YOU ALL TALK ABOUT WHAT A ASSHOLE HE IS. HE WAS ALMOST THE SUPER BOWL MVP WHICH IS LIKE ALMOST BEING PREGNANT. HE GAVE EVERYTHING HE HAD TO CHARITY (SAVE THE HO's.com) AND DESERVES A RAISE. IF YOU SAY THAT HE DOESNT THEN IMAGINE THIS, YOU WORK 10 HOURS A WEEK, YOUR BOSS SAYS "HEY, IF YOU DON'T START SHOWING UP WE AREN'T GOING TO PAY YOU ANY MORE". YOU WOULD GO APESHIT!!!

milkman
08-10-2005, 06:53 PM
ROFL

jspchief
08-10-2005, 06:56 PM
Damn Mikey, you must be on a roll, I have to spread some rep around before I can give it to you again.

alanm
08-10-2005, 07:04 PM
w/o TO, the Eagles WR situation looks worse than KC's...that team is imploding.
Yep.. No Pinkston and most likely no TO. :thumb:

Nzoner
08-10-2005, 07:11 PM
And yet asshat Sterling Sharpe(NFL Network) is still calling T.O. a professional because when the real season starts he'll be there doing his thing.

If shit like T.O. and Kenny Rogers keeps up without any severe reprimands I don't even want to think about what the future of sports holds.

Frazod
08-10-2005, 07:16 PM
Yep.. No Pinkston and most likely no TO. :thumb:

Let's hope they don't kiss and make up before week 3. :D

Wile_E_Coyote
08-10-2005, 07:18 PM
John Clayton
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=2130937

In retrospect, Terrell Owens (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=3664) should have followed through on his threat to hold out of training camp. By showing up and having a verbal fight with coach Andy Reid that caused him to leave the Philadelphia Eagles (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=phi) camp Wednesday, Owens did a disservice to himself and the Eagles.

The Eagles knew Owens could be trouble. They put clauses in his $49 million to protect themselves for situations like Wednesday. According to his contract, Owens could be forced to pay back $1.725 million of his $2.3 million signing bonus if he's involved in any incident that is considered conduct detrimental to the team.

Clearly, a verbal fight with his head coach is conduct detrimental. Supposedly, Owens was suspended for refusing to attend a mandatory autograph session, and for practicing away from the rest of the team. That was violation of his contract because it clearly states he has to do some mandatory signings.

Whether he was told to go home or left on his own Wednesday is irrelevant. Owens' attitude kept getting worse as camp dragged on. Quarterback Donovan McNabb (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=4650) said last week his relationship with Owens was businesslike, a clear dropoff from the good relationship of a year ago.

Owens went his way after practice. McNabb went another way. It's similar to the way Owens reacted with Jeff Garcia (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=4924) before Owens had some blowups with his former 49ers quarterback. Owens and McNabb are two of the best offensive talents in the game. They don't have to be buddy-buddy to be successful on the field.

But, by showing up and getting the one-week suspension, Owens is only causing his problems with the team to bubble over. Pretty soon, it's going to be hard for McNabb and the offense to accept him back.

The problem for the Eagles is that the team needs Owens more than ever. Todd Pinkston (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=5065) is out for the season with a torn Achilles. Greg Lewis (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=6655) is too short to be asked to be the other starter. Lewis is a great inside threat because of his great speed. Second-round choice Reggie Brown (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=7211) has to come through just to make the three-receiver set work, but it's going to be hard for the Eagles to think Super Bowl if Lewis and Brown are the starters.

Something has to be done to patch this relationship. A suggestion would be telling Owens what is probably ahead for him after the season. While the Eagles can't let Owens win by having his way in getting a new contract or his release, the two sides need to part ways after the season. He has a $7.5 million roster bonus that was purposely negotiated as a way to either firm up the relationship or simply say two years was enough.

Telling Owens this will be his final year in Philadelphia could be the settlement of the differences. First, Owens would get what he wants free agency and a chance at a bigger contract. Second, this wouldn't be a contract renegotiation. It's just making a decision. For the Eagles, Owens creates too many distractions for the relationship to go beyond two years.

Pinkston's injury leaves the Eagles in a tough spot. They need Owens if they want to be in the NFC title game. They have to get through this year and then say goodbye to him.

It's management's job to provide leadership and direction. Owens' direction with the Eagles is clearly heading out the door. So tell him. Tell T.O. to be on his best behavior the rest of the season and let him start making plans for the future.

In the meantime, the Eagles can start shopping for replacements. Maybe they can make a trade with the Falcons for Peerless Price (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=4703), who doesn't have a long future in Atlanta as a $5 million-a-year third receiver. Price is a very good second receiver. It didn't work in Atlanta for him being a No. 1 receiver, but he could be a good No. 2 for the Eagles.

The Eagles got a steal when they got Owens for two second-day draft choices. His presence in the offense helped propel them to their first Super Bowl under Reid. But good things can turn bad and the problems only get worse for Owens in Philadelphia.

If Owens knows he is a free agent after the season, he can focus on his game and help the Eagles win. The situation wouldn't be this ugly had Owens simply stayed out camp. Owens wouldn't be in a position to lose $1.725 million. The Eagles wouldn't have such a disrupted training camp.

Holdouts normally aren't good. Under the circumstances, though, an Owens holdout would have made life a little easier for Eagles in their Lehigh training camp.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-10-2005, 07:22 PM
I used to like T.O., but after the crap he's been pulling, both this offseason and now in training camp, it makes it hard to keep on liking him.

Every coach and player on the team does not respect T.O. as a person, but respect him as a player, but they are starting not to care what his physical abilities bring, because his mental abilities, or lack thereof, outweigh them.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-10-2005, 07:26 PM
Off topic, but I just found out that Rich Baldinger of NFL Network is on the Chiefs Broadcasting team for all preseason. Him, Roger Twibell, and Jayice Pearson make up the rest of the team.

nolimitpk
08-10-2005, 07:58 PM
He risked his career to try to win a super bowl for the eagles. what the **** is so hard to understand about that. wouldnt you expect a raise? if it wasnt for TO the eagles would have been raped so hard. I dont really like TO but I think he deserves a new contract. Like he said, I wasnt the one getting sick at the end of the game. Pay TO he deserves it. If they dont have him the dont have shit! VIKINGS VS CHIEFS IN SUPER BOWL IM CALLING IT NOW. VIKINGS TAKE OVER EAGLES NFC RANKS.