PDA

View Full Version : Over There

Fairplay
08-10-2005, 09:18 PM
Anyone else watching this show on FX?
Im sold on this very quickly. This series is great.

It has HBO quality to it also.

Fairplay
08-10-2005, 09:33 PM
Here is the FX website for it to tell some about the show.

It reminds me of the series "Band of Brothers".

http://www.fxnetworks.com/shows/originals/overthere/main.html

jspchief
08-10-2005, 09:35 PM
I've tivo'd every episode, but haven't gotten around to watching any of it. I've heard some pretty bad reviews, so wasn't sure if I would bother.

carlos3652
08-10-2005, 09:40 PM
I like it... it has its moments... but it is decent...

Fairplay
08-10-2005, 09:58 PM
I've tivo'd every episode, but haven't gotten around to watching any of it. I've heard some pretty bad reviews, so wasn't sure if I would bother.

Seriously, watch a couple of the episodes anyway. Be your own judge.

Its much better then most of the crap the stations put out.

Tell me what you think.

Miles
08-10-2005, 10:07 PM
I watched the first two episodes and it wasnt bad. I though the action sequences were very well done and intense but some of the writing is just not very good. Much of the drama is a bit forced and the characters cliched.

Though I think it is worth watching even if just for the action.

jspchief
08-10-2005, 10:24 PM
To be honest, part of the reason I haven't watched it is because I feel a bit guilty about getting entertainment from a war that's still going on. It just feels a little disrepectful to me.

It almost feels like it's glossing the reality of the current conflict by putting a fictional spin on it.

Deberg_1990
08-10-2005, 10:27 PM
I watched the first two episodes and it wasnt bad. I though the action sequences were very well done and intense but some of the writing is just not very good. Much of the drama is a bit forced and the characters cliched.

I feel the same way Miles. Its a good show, but some of the writing is a bit weak at this point. Im sure it will improve once it finds its rhythm and where they want to go with the show. There are alot of shows that take their time getting started.

ENDelt260
08-11-2005, 02:14 PM
Heh... I was poking around on us.imdb.com and noticed that Angel was the green Power Ranger.

Radar Chief
08-11-2005, 02:35 PM

That’s pretty much what I thought of it.
The critics that I’ve read all appear as though they had canned responses already typed up wait’n on the first episode to air so they could start the bitch’n ‘bout it.

cadmonkey
08-11-2005, 02:39 PM
great show. it really makes you realize how f*cked up Iraq is right now and makes you apprieciate what is really on.

That and Rescue Me are one hell of a 1-2 punch FX has

redhed
08-11-2005, 03:16 PM
The last one was the best of the 3 I've seen. The series started off slow, but is picking up nicely. I've got a feeling it's gonna get even better. The show's got nice, tense action scenes.