PDA

View Full Version : GRADE my

KChiefsQT
08-11-2005, 12:28 AM
Fantasy Football Team... only if u want.

KChiefsQT

QB Trent Green, KC QB
RB Priest Holmes, KC RB
RB/WR Ashley Lelie, Den WR
WR Terrell Owens, Phi WR
WR Hines Ward, Pit WR
TE Tony Gonzalez, KC TE
D/ST Eagles D/ST, Phi D/ST
K Matt Stover, Bal K Ind

Bench
WR Michael Clayton, TB WR
TE Jason Witten, Dal TE
QB Matt Hasselbeck, Sea QB
D/ST Chiefs D/ST, KC D/ST
WR Drew Bennett, Ten WR
RB J.J. Arrington, Ari RB
RB Lee Suggs, Cle RB
K Sebastian Janikowski, Oak K

tk13
08-11-2005, 12:38 AM
Not too shabby. Could will end up getting more out of a RB than Ashley Lelie at that hybrid spot... and who knows if TO is going to have his head on straight to compete. I think you have plenty of trade bait on your bench to try and swing it for another RB, can never have enough RB's.

KChiefsQT
08-11-2005, 12:44 AM
I was gonna pick up another RB but decided to grap Tony G a little earlier instead. We'll see....I can't wait for some football.

mcan
08-11-2005, 01:26 AM
I think you're going to be in pretty good shape. You'll have a crappy by week though, since you have 3 Chiefs starters. But, those guys are usually around the tops in the league at their respective positions. LJ might take some carries away from Priest, but I've got no doubt that Priest will still get his TDs.

I'd probably put Suggs in that hybird spot, and start looking right away at a sleeper running back. Usually by week 3, some guys starts tearing up the league that you've never heard of. I wouldn't worry too much about TO though. Even if he has an off year, he'll still put up big numbers.

Mile High Mania
08-11-2005, 05:40 AM
QB Trent Green, KC QB
RB Priest Holmes, KC RB
RB/WR Ashley Lelie, Den WR
WR Terrell Owens, Phi WR
WR Hines Ward, Pit WR
TE Tony Gonzalez, KC TE
D/ST Eagles D/ST, Phi D/ST
K Matt Stover, Bal K Ind

Bench
WR Michael Clayton, TB WR
TE Jason Witten, Dal TE
QB Matt Hasselbeck, Sea QB
D/ST Chiefs D/ST, KC D/ST
WR Drew Bennett, Ten WR
RB J.J. Arrington, Ari RB
RB Lee Suggs, Cle RB
K Sebastian Janikowski, Oak K

Solid - you have two very nice options at QB.

Once Arrington gets some time in real games, he should explode and be a better hybrid player for you. I think Suggs and Droughns are going to frustrate owners.

Who the hell knows about Owens... is his situation freaking you out? Ward is holding out also. But, you have Clayton and Bennett which are sweet bench options. Your TE group is good too, and based on what they plan to do with Witten, you could get some good return on Gonzo if you wanted to beef up a position like RB.

Overall, really nice.

Crush
08-11-2005, 06:15 AM
TO is the only question mark that I can see.

DJay23
08-11-2005, 06:23 AM
although you've got a lot of our good players, as the saying goes, "homers never win in fantasy football."

Just food for thought.

jspchief
08-11-2005, 08:22 AM
I'd say you're weak at RB, especially considering Holmes recent injury history. You have two great WRs in TO and Ward, but both have question marks (Ward is holding out). You have a great second TE in Whitten, who should flourish with Bledsoe.

I would probably try and trade for another RB. If Owens and Ward are both going to play, you could package one of your other WRs with Whitten to get a pretty solid #2 RB IMO.

ct
08-11-2005, 08:28 AM
I like it personally. Kinda weak at RB in total, but if Priest stays healthy, you're solid with starters. Great trade bait at TE and WR, if needed. In fact, given the uncertainty for both TO and Ward, you could unload 1 of those guys, or a TE(you really have no need for 2 top5 TEs do ya?) for another bench RB.

Oh, and you are definitely too heavy on Homers, for sure!

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-11-2005, 09:55 AM
Very nice if Owens plays at all... probably good even if he doesn't.

Saul Good
08-11-2005, 10:01 AM
It's impossible to grade a FF team without knowing how many teams there are. 4 team league? Crappy team you've got there. 20 team league? Amazing team you've got there.

KChiefsQT
08-11-2005, 10:07 AM
TO is the only question mark that I can see.

I hesitated picking him up... but said **** it. If he doesn't play that'll really hurt my team...but if he does, as much as I think he's a prick... I think I'll be flying high.

KChiefsQT
08-11-2005, 10:11 AM
I like it personally. Kinda weak at RB in total, but if Priest stays healthy, you're solid with starters. Great trade bait at TE and WR, if needed. In fact, given the uncertainty for both TO and Ward, you could unload 1 of those guys, or a TE(you really have no need for 2 top5 TEs do ya?) for another bench RB.

Oh, and you are definitely too heavy on Homers, for sure!

HAhahah... this is just an online league.... so I thought I'd make it fun. I took over a team for my dad in a real league that's having it's 15th anniversary this year. So, no homer in that one...just the online.
BTW...Thanks for the input...already have a few trade offers... but I'm gonna hold out until I see what the WR corp is doing.

Mr. Laz
08-11-2005, 10:38 AM
KChiefsQT

QB Trent Green, KC QB - solid upper tier fantasy QB
RB Priest Holmes, KC RB - one of the best if healthy
RB/WR Ashley Lelie, Den WR - yuck
WR Terrell Owens, Phi WR - should be productive someplace
WR Hines Ward, Pit WR - contract issue is only problem, top WR
TE Tony Gonzalez, KC TE - top fantasy TE
D/ST Eagles D/ST, Phi D/ST - solid top 8 D
K Matt Stover, Bal K Ind - productive offense = productive kicker

Bench
WR Michael Clayton, TB WR - underrated, better option than lelie
TE Jason Witten, Dal TE - really productive, top 5 TE
QB Matt Hasselbeck, Sea QB - good backup
D/ST Chiefs D/ST, KC D/ST - homer!!!!!!!!!
WR Drew Bennett, Ten WR - when healthy also better than lelie
RB J.J. Arrington, Ari RB - total unknown
RB Lee Suggs, Cle RB - good risk pick
K Sebastian Janikowski, Oak K - don't trust him

only problem i see is at running back ... imo you always want to us a RB at a hybrid position if you get a chance and your a little weak at RB.

other than that you have a good team. :thumb:

jspchief
08-11-2005, 10:50 AM
HAhahah... this is just an online league.... so I thought I'd make it fun. I took over a team for my dad in a real league that's having it's 15th anniversary this year. So, no homer in that one...just the online.
BTW...Thanks for the input...already have a few trade offers... but I'm gonna hold out until I see what the WR corp is doing.I'd say definately don't trade TO. It will be impossible to get equal value for him regardless of his situation. If he plays, you want him on your team. If he doesn't play, no one will give anything for him.

That's why I say package a #2/3 WR with Whitten. Whitten is easily a top 5 TE that you'll only play once all year (barring Gonzo injury, knock on wood). If you can find someone who's strong at RB, but weak at WR and TE, it could be a good deal for both sides. I really think Clayton has the most upside of all your #2 WRs, but Ward may be the safest pick. Lelie's 2004 totals exceeded Ward also, but he was pretty inconsistent. Bennett is a bit of a mystery. With Volek at QB, Bennett was spectacular, but when McNair is in, he doesn't get near as many looks.

Rain Man
08-11-2005, 10:57 AM
If there was one more comma, this thread would start out, "Grade my fantasy, football team" and it would be at 600 posts right now.

Mr. Laz
08-11-2005, 11:07 AM
If there was one more comma, this thread would start out, "Grade my fantasy, football team" and it would be at 600 posts right now.
you are a strange sort of bird ROFL

ChiefsFire
08-11-2005, 11:31 AM
damn

thought this was gonna be one of those "hot or not"
thread..

oh well