PDA

View Full Version : Trouble in Patriots camp?

cadmonkey
08-11-2005, 08:54 AM
A report from one of the local reporters that you all might find interesting........

For the second straight day, Brady barely threw a ball during the afternoon practice session. He took a few first-team snaps (all handoffs) before giving way to Doug Flutie and Rohan Davey (in that order). Obviously, Brady won't play more than a series or two tomorrow in Cincinnati.

Whether he's also resting a sore arm is not known. During Tuesday's morning practice, Brady wore a wrap around his right elbow.

Its well known that Bellichick doesn't give out injury reports so this may be nothing or something very serious. Just though I would let you all know.

Rain Man
08-11-2005, 08:55 AM
Dear lord. Doug Flutie is still playing?

ptlyon
08-11-2005, 08:55 AM
Nah. I wouldn't read anything into it before the 1st preseason game.

Now if it was the 4th...

cadmonkey
08-11-2005, 08:58 AM

Yup, and I think he'll be our #3 behind Cassell. Rohan Davey just isn't getting it down in camp.

Uatu
08-11-2005, 09:10 AM
It's not totally rational, but I really don't like Flutie at all.

cadmonkey
08-11-2005, 09:13 AM
It's not totally rational, but I really don't like Flutie at all.

That's not really all that odd, he is either loved or hated.

Radar Chief
08-11-2005, 09:14 AM
Yup, and I think he'll be our #3 behind Cassell. Rohan Davey just isn't getting it down in camp.

You could do worse, and I wouldn’t read too much into the Brady thing. He’s a gamer and I don’t doubt he’d be ready to go were this the regular season.

bobbything
08-11-2005, 09:17 AM
For the second straight day, Brady barely threw a ball during the afternoon practice session. He took a few first-team snaps (all handoffs) before giving way to Doug Flutie and Rohan Davey (in that order). Obviously, Brady won't play more than a series or two tomorrow in Cincinnati.

Whether he's also resting a sore arm is not known. During Tuesday's morning practice, Brady wore a wrap around his right elbow.
Trent Green hasn't seen hardly any practice either. It's the trend now to rest your starters during camp, and let them get their practice once pre-season starts.

cadmonkey
08-11-2005, 09:17 AM
You could do worse, and I wouldn’t read too much into the Brady thing. He’s a gamer and I don’t doubt he’d be ready to go were this the regular season.

I doubt it is anything bad. They are probably just letting the other guys get some reps to really see what they have to offer. I think they really need to figure out who is gonna stay between Cassel, Flutie, and Davey.

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-11-2005, 09:18 AM
Wouldn't it be funny if the current NFL dynasty had to rely on Doug Flutie for most of a season.........

ROFL

Rain Man
08-11-2005, 09:18 AM
I bet he needs Tommy John surgery.

(Now go reference this on other boards and let's get a rumor started.)

cadmonkey
08-11-2005, 09:19 AM
Wouldn't it be funny if the current NFL dynasty had to rely on Doug Flutie for most of a season.........

ROFL

Nope......

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-11-2005, 09:22 AM
Nope......
Yea, well... you should just be a Chiefs fan anyway...

Rain Man
08-11-2005, 09:26 AM
I read somewhere that he needs Tommy John surgery. Here's the source, which seems pretty reliable: Brady to Require Serious Elbow Surgery (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=121314)

Uatu
08-11-2005, 09:37 AM
I read somewhere that he needs Tommy John surgery. Here's the source, which seems pretty reliable: Brady to Require Serious Elbow Surgery (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=121314)

I heard that too. It was from a very reliable inside source I have with the organization. :evil:

Braincase
08-11-2005, 09:39 AM

Here ya go, straight from the Pats web site...

siberian khatru
08-11-2005, 09:40 AM
He's just being a puss because Weis is gone.

cadmonkey
08-11-2005, 09:42 AM
Here ya go, straight from the Pats web site...

He sure doesn't look as mobile as he once was, damn it

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-11-2005, 09:45 AM
:hmmm: ... the Pats might be having some problems... are missing a few parts from the puzzle.............. Eagles are missing parts from the puzzle....................... maaaaaaayyyyyyyyybe this could all be opening up a door for some neeeeewwwwww team to take over as footballs elite this season............................................ I wonder if any team will come to mind........................... :hmmm: :hmmm:

:D

cadmonkey
08-11-2005, 10:00 AM
:hmmm: ... the Pats might be having some problems... are missing a few parts from the puzzle.............. Eagles are missing parts from the puzzle....................... maaaaaaayyyyyyyyybe this could all be opening up a door for some neeeeewwwwww team to take over as footballs elite this season............................................ I wonder if any team will come to mind........................... :hmmm: :hmmm:

:D

The Jets?

Goapics1
08-11-2005, 10:01 AM
http://www.uncommonusa.com/uploads/indianapolis_colts.jpg

Bob Dole
08-11-2005, 10:03 AM

Bob Dole remembers reading speculation that he had a stroke.