PDA

View Full Version : NFT:Jerry Lewis Telethon from Parkville 2005

C-Mac
08-11-2005, 09:49 AM
Heard on 81 that some big anouncement for tommorow that strongly hinted that the telethon will be live from KC, bringing in a lot of celebrities and money to the area. Remember you heard it first here on the Planet

Rain Man
08-11-2005, 09:51 AM
I heard that Tom Brady needs Tommy John surgery on his elbow. Remember that you also heard that here first.

C-Mac
08-11-2005, 09:52 AM
I heard that Tom Brady needs Tommy John surgery on his elbow. Remember that you also heard that here first.

Thats old news.......

Rain Man
08-11-2005, 10:38 AM
I have no idea why, but when I was a kid I was always excited about the Jerry Lewis telethon. For some reason, I was fascinated by the big board with the numbers that would keep rolling up, and by the fact that Jerry would stay up for 48 hours or whatever, and that he would always start crying in Hour 36, and by all of the various stars who would perform. Thinking back, I wonder what the appeal was, but it was always a big deal.

Deberg_1990
08-11-2005, 11:02 AM
I have no idea why, but when I was a kid I was always excited about the Jerry Lewis telethon. For some reason, I was fascinated by the big board with the numbers that would keep rolling up, and by the fact that Jerry would stay up for 48 hours or whatever, and that he would always start crying in Hour 36, and by all of the various stars who would perform. Thinking back, I wonder what the appeal was, but it was always a big deal.

Yea me too..I remember as a kid in the 70's and early 80's it was always a Big Deal. I dont think its as popular as it used to be. That was before cable had 500 different channels to choose from though.

ENDelt260
08-11-2005, 11:41 AM
Jerry! Jerry! Jerry!

C-Mac
08-11-2005, 05:05 PM
Yea me too..I remember as a kid in the 70's and early 80's it was always a Big Deal. I dont think its as popular as it used to be. That was before cable had 500 different channels to choose from though.

....and it was before TV Evangelists. :rolleyes: