PDA

View Full Version : Is there ANY Philadelphia Eagles player who could, single handedly, kick T.O.'s ass?

John_Wayne
08-11-2005, 05:56 PM
I think he deserves it. :mad:

RedDread
08-11-2005, 06:04 PM
Jevon Kearse

Saulbadguy
08-11-2005, 06:05 PM
After he is done, he can move on to you!

ZootedGranny
08-11-2005, 06:05 PM
http://www.michaelmancusophoto.com/index_files/image064.jpg

When I imagine Owens fighting, it looks like Alonzo Mourning, arms flailing all over the place.

Scalper
08-11-2005, 06:06 PM
Hugh Douglas would beat the crap out of TO

Skip Towne
08-11-2005, 06:08 PM
I'd bet all their LB's can kick his ass.

eazyb81
08-11-2005, 06:19 PM
I know this isn't going to be popular, but TO is underpaid and should get a new contract. He isn't even in the top 10 paid WRs in the league, which is absurd. The owners have been able to cut players and end contracts without notice for years, TO and Rosenhaus are just turning the tables around.

Philly can either give TO a new contract or cut him so he can have a chance to get paid what he deserves.

Frazod
08-11-2005, 06:26 PM
I know this isn't going to be popular, but TO is underpaid and should get a new contract. He isn't even in the top 10 paid WRs in the league, which is absurd. The owners have been able to cut players and end contracts without notice for years, TO and Rosenhaus are just turning the tables around.

Philly can either give TO a new contract or cut him so he can have a chance to get paid what he deserves.

He's still a multi-millionaire who'd be making endorsement money hand over fist if he wasn't such a prick.

He signed the contract. He should honor it.

As for this bullshit about owners being able to cut players and end contracts, well, OWNERS = EMPLOYERS. My employer could fire me at anytime, and I sure as hell don't have a contract or millions in the bank to fall back on.

So basically TO can suck my ass. He should act like a man instead of a whiny little diva bitch and honor the contract that he signed. PERIOD.

Hydrae
08-11-2005, 06:28 PM

I know these contracts are not guaranteed but that is something for the NFLPA to deal with, not the players and agents.

And how upset can he be about being underpaid when he signed that contract a year ago? Was he underpaid last year too? He played even if he was underpaid. Why should this year be different?

DTLB58
08-11-2005, 06:31 PM
Jevon Kearse

You beat me to it. :banghead:

eazyb81
08-11-2005, 06:36 PM
I know these contracts are not guaranteed but that is something for the NFLPA to deal with, not the players and agent.

And how upset can he be about being underpaid whens he signed that contract a year ago? Was he underpaid last year too? He played even if he was underpaid. Why should this year be different?

You're right, the NFLPA should deal with it, but they can't until the next CBA. I guess Rosenhaus is just trying to get the ball rolling.

He did sign the contract last year, but last year was a different situation. Players contracts are judged worthy on a year to year basis by owners, why can't the tables be turned in the players favor?

TO is a top 2 WR that isn't even being paid like top 10, like it or not he does have a legit beef. Philly can give him the new contract he deserves, or get rid of him, it's that easy.

Valiant
08-11-2005, 06:57 PM

What sources are you looking at??? Or are you just listing to Owens and his agent... Only Moss and Harrison have bigger contracts.. Now his signing bonus is not as big as theirs, but there could be valid arguments that they are better... And hell if he is going to do this every year, they defiantly worth more of the money and less of the headache...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=knight-_WWW_SPRT_12264874&prov=knight&type=lgns

eazyb81
08-11-2005, 06:59 PM
What sources are you looking at??? Or are you just listing to Owens and his agent... Only Moss and Harrison have bigger contracts.. Now his signing bonus is not as big as theirs, but there could be valid arguments that they are better... And hell if he is going to do this every year, they defiantly worth more of the money and less of the headache...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=knight-_WWW_SPRT_12264874&prov=knight&type=lgns

Signing bonuses are factored into how much a player makes. I believe TO received a 9 mill signing bonus last year, while Braylon Edwards just received an 18 mill signing bonus. The bonuses are prorated in the contract to come up with an accurate look at what a player actually makes per year.

Valiant
08-11-2005, 07:03 PM
You're right, the NFLPA should deal with it, but they can't until the next CBA. I guess Rosenhaus is just trying to get the ball rolling.

He did sign the contract last year, but last year was a different situation. Players contracts are judged worthy on a year to year basis by owners, why can't the tables be turned in the players favor?

TO is a top 2 WR that isn't even being paid like top 10, like it or not he does have a legit beef. Philly can give him the new contract he deserves, or get rid of him, it's that easy.

Situation my ass, He signed a contract at the time making him the third highest paid WR... Now it is just okay a year later to want to be the number 1... Sorry, get out of fantasyland it does not work like that in the NFL...

As for the weak ass argument of the Eagles can just cut him anytime they want... Guess what, TO gets to keep all the signing bonus as it is guaranteed money.. Then he gets to sign a new contract with another team and get another signing bonus plus whatever the contract is for as he is playing... Don't give me this shit that star players deserve more...

1adam1238
08-11-2005, 07:03 PM
I think we should propose a trade....freddie mitchell for TO.........

Just being a smart ass...before someone lights this statement up.

Valiant
08-11-2005, 07:06 PM
Signing bonuses are factored into how much a player makes. I believe TO received a 9 mill signing bonus last year, while Braylon Edwards just received an 18 mill signing bonus. The bonuses are prorated in the contract to come up with an accurate look at what a player actually makes per year.

And when they are cut, they still get it all... Should every other NFL team be penalized because of stupid owners or teams that have extra salary cap????

Should TonyG ask for money this year, because Heap got overpaid???

KCFalcon59
08-11-2005, 07:07 PM
It is his own fault. If he would have filed the necessary papers he would have been a FA last year and cashed in. He is a ****ing idiot and doesn't deserve any more money.

eazyb81
08-11-2005, 07:08 PM
And when they are cut, they still get it all... Should every other NFL team be penalized because of stupid owners or teams that have extra salary cap????

Should TonyG ask for money this year, because Heap got overpaid???

Tony G did ask for a new contract when he was overperforming his current one, Priest Holmes did the same thing. Why are their situations so different then TO's?

Logical
08-11-2005, 07:12 PM
Probably several, but I would expect them to pay a hefty price, TO is a rock of muscle.

tk13
08-11-2005, 07:26 PM

To be fair, I think you make some valid arguments. The system definitely benefits the teams, although that system is what keeps the NFL from becoming baseball.

I do think TO has already beat the system already, he's the absolute last person in the NFL who should complain about being screwed by the "system". He beat the system once by getting traded to Baltimore and throwing a big enough fit to get the trade overturned. What other player in professional sports could do that? There isn't anybody else who could get that kind of special treatment. I've always defended the guy because he's always showed up and went to work when it was time to go, but at this point he's just like a whiny three year old. He's never happy. Didn't like being in San Fran... wants out... gets traded, throws a fit because he doesn't want to be in Baltimore, gets it overturned, goes exactly where he wants to go, plays a year, and now isn't happy there. Whether he has a valid point or not, he's acted like a three year old baby, and now everybody is fed up with it and has tuned him out. That's nobody else's fault but his own.

Valiant
08-11-2005, 07:31 PM
Tony G did ask for a new contract when he was overperforming his current one, Priest Holmes did the same thing. Why are their situations so different then TO's?

Lets see, TO has already a 49million dollar contract and wants a new one after one year...

The others were making squat...

You are comparing apples to oranges in contract sizes...TO is already one of the highest paid receivers...

Now if YOU signed a contract making 300k-500k a year and went to the probowl, I am sure not many would argue with you... But that is not the case... TonyG and Priest were not in the top five or ten in their salaries...

Terrell did not outperform his 49million dollar contract.. He might have outperformed it if it was a 6million dollar contract...

MyChiefConcern
08-11-2005, 07:34 PM
TO is a d-bag and should have to play out his contract. It's not as if this guy was in the poor house.

This "I have to feed my family" bullshit is so lame. WTF are you feeding those kids?

tk13
08-11-2005, 07:34 PM
TO and Rosenhaus are on ESPN right now...

tk13
08-11-2005, 07:38 PM
ROFL Drew Rosenhaus is pure comedy...

*Looking at TO* "His heart's broken!"

Coach
Shit, Chuck Bednarik can still probably kick his ass.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/SwedeCarlson/Funnies/Owned/chuckycopy.jpg

Valiant
TO and Rosenhaus are on ESPN right now...

Yeah, they keep failing to mention that if the EAgles cut him he gets his 9million added to (salary)those two years he played... Then gets to go sign a new contract and gets a new signing bonus...

eazyb81
08-11-2005, 07:39 PM
Lets see, TO has already a 49million dollar contract and wants a new one after one year...

The others were making squat...

You are comparing apples to oranges in contract sizes...TO is already one of the highest paid receivers...

Now if YOU signed a contract making 300k-500k a year and went to the probowl, I am sure not many would argue with you... But that is not the case... TonyG and Priest were not in the top five or ten in their salaries...

Terrell did not outperform his 49million dollar contract.. He might have outperformed it if it was a 6million dollar contract...

Ok, so in certain situations it is acceptable to complain and want a brand new contract, but in other situations it is not okay? Is that what you're trying to say?

If so, who decides what contract is worthy of threatening to sit out, and what one is not?

tk13
08-11-2005, 07:40 PM
ROFL That was hilarious. I wouldn't let Drew Rosenhaus sell me a bag of ice. You can see the slime oozing out of his pores.

nychief
08-11-2005, 07:42 PM
Screw TO I wanna see someone go roadhouse on Drew Rosenhause

eazyb81
08-11-2005, 07:43 PM
ROFL That was hilarious. I wouldn't let Drew Rosenhaus sell me a bag of ice. You can see the slime oozing out of his pores.

Maybe not, but I would DEFINATELY want him as my agent. The guy is the best in the business.

Coach
08-11-2005, 07:44 PM
You know, the Eagles don't really have to cut Owens. I would deftinaly love to see that the Eagles "Keyshawn" him, you know, putting him on the inactive roster, like what Tampa Bay did.

tk13
08-11-2005, 07:45 PM
Maybe not, but I would DEFINATELY want him as my agent. The guy is the best in the business.
There's no doubt he's one of the best. He's bitten off more than he can chew this time though, he's not going to win against the Eagles, and he's hurting his client in the process.

Valiant
08-11-2005, 07:51 PM
Ok, so in certain situations it is acceptable to complain and want a brand new contract, but in other situations it is not okay? Is that what you're trying to say?

If so, who decides what contract is worthy of threatening to sit out, and what one is not?

Just so you can understand, that is like comparing killing in self defense to murding small children...

You still have not answered my earlier question??? Or do you pick and choose...

TO makes has a contract for 49million, 9million signing bonus.. So he is not underpaid... Yes players can cut players but guess what SINCE YOU HAVE A PROBLEM UNDERSTANDING, He gets to keep all of his signing bonus... All of it, Then he gets to go to a new team and sign a new contract, with a new signing bonus... What do you not understand??? The guy is being paid as one of the top WR in the game... You have reasoning skills like gochiefs has macking skills...

HemiEd
08-11-2005, 07:55 PM
He's still a multi-millionaire who'd be making endorsement money hand over fist if he wasn't such a prick.

He signed the contract. He should honor it.

As for this bullshit about owners being able to cut players and end contracts, well, OWNERS = EMPLOYERS. My employer could fire me at anytime, and I sure as hell don't have a contract or millions in the bank to fall back on.

So basically TO can suck my ass. He should act like a man instead of a whiny little diva bitch and honor the contract that he signed. PERIOD.

Holy shit, don't hold back. Exactly how I feel but could not have said it so well.

Valiant
08-11-2005, 07:55 PM
There's no doubt he's one of the best. He's bitten off more than he can chew this time though, he's not going to win against the Eagles, and he's hurting his client in the process.

No shit, The guy is a stud but asking fans and owners to believe that Owens is not being paid well is absurd.. The only guys making more money then him are Harrison and Moss, guess what they deserve it...

All Rosenhaus is doing is turning fans agianst him by asking for more money... If he was only making 10million over a six year contract I can see him outperforming it and asking for a new contract... But to ask for a new contract after one year when you are the 3rd highest WR being paid.. Hell the only people to believe your cause would be your agent and dumbshits...

eazyb81
08-11-2005, 07:56 PM
Just so you can understand, that is like comparing killing in self defense to murding small children...

You still have not answered my earlier question??? Or do you pick and choose...

TO makes has a contract for 49million, 9million signing bonus.. So he is not underpaid... Yes players can cut players but guess what SINCE YOU HAVE A PROBLEM UNDERSTANDING, He gets to keep all of his signing bonus... All of it, Then he gets to go to a new team and sign a new contract, with a new signing bonus... What do you not understand??? The guy is being paid as one of the top WR in the game... You have reasoning skills like gochiefs has macking skills...

Actually Philly could get the bonus back from him if he sits out the season, which Miami is doing to Ricky Williams, but i'm sure you knew that.

TALK IN CAPS SOME MORE, IT MAKES YOU LOOK REALLY SMART.

DTLB58
08-11-2005, 07:57 PM
Over looked in that whole interview was what a horable job Berman did in asking question's. He just basically let them say whatever they wanted to make their case for a new contract and try and get public sympathy.

My first question would have been "T.O. if the contract is so bad why did you sign it in the first place? Isn't the time to question a contract BEFORE you sign it.

Nobody that has interviewed this guy today has been tough with him. They just all kiss his A** so they can continue to get interviews with him.

Now having said that. GET THIS SH*T WORKED OUT GUYS.....I have both T.O. and McNabb on my fantasy team from last year and I really want to name both of them as keepers. :cuss: :banghead: :mad:

HemiEd
08-11-2005, 07:58 PM
why can't the tables be turned in the players favor?

Two words: Baseball, Hockey

eazyb81
08-11-2005, 08:00 PM
Two words: Baseball, Hockey

Not sure what you are trying to imply. Is football really a better sport because owners can terminate contracts at any time? Is that really why you like the NFL?

HemiEd
08-11-2005, 08:11 PM
Shit, Chuck Bednarik can still probably kick his ass.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/SwedeCarlson/Funnies/Owned/chuckycopy.jpg

Nice! ROFL

Simplex3
08-11-2005, 08:16 PM
Not sure what you are trying to imply. Is football really a better sport because owners can terminate contracts at any time? Is that really why you like the NFL?
It's a big part of why the league doesn't suck. Baseball has the inmates running the assylum, hockey has just taken some steps to correct that issue.

You can't have a successful company letting the employees decide what they will or won't do, how long they're going to stay, etc.

HemiEd
08-11-2005, 08:18 PM

I think one of the prime reasons the NFL is better is due to the fact the players are not running the league. The owners still have majority control of the NFL.
I watched Baseball go to shit without any contols.

Frazod
08-11-2005, 08:33 PM
I like the way they brought the kids in for autographs.

I'm sure that wasn't for the benefit of the cameras...... :rolleyes:

DTLB58
08-11-2005, 08:44 PM
All this T.O. talk tonight got me to thinking what extremes he might take to force a trade.

I just remembered when I read Bill Walsh's book "Building a Champion" He talked about how bad Charles Haley wanted to be traded and the Niners refused and the time. So one day Haley walks into Carmen Policy's office pulls down his pants and relieves himself on Carmen's desk!

After that Haley, WAS traded to Dallas.

Valiant
08-11-2005, 08:55 PM
Actually Philly could get the bonus back from him if he sits out the season, which Miami is doing to Ricky Williams, but i'm sure you knew that.

TALK IN CAPS SOME MORE, IT MAKES YOU LOOK REALLY SMART.

Agian the with the non answer, How about you back up your arguments instead of acting like a little girl on here??? All you do is not answer questions and spout off more irrellavant remarks...

You do know TO and his agent has said he will play, the only way he does not if the Eagles do not want him there... Which would mean he gets all of his bonus.. You seriously need to pay attention...

As for the caps remarks, something needed to get your attention.. But I see that failed also as you evaded the question...

Valiant
08-11-2005, 08:58 PM
I think one of the prime reasons the NFL is better is due to the fact the players are not running the league. The owners still have majority control of the NFL.
I watched Baseball go to shit without any contols.

No, no you are wrong... Easy says so... All players should have complete control over how much they make year to year... TO wanting more money is his example of how a league should be...

Valiant
08-11-2005, 09:03 PM
All this T.O. talk tonight got me to thinking what extremes he might take to force a trade.

I just remembered when I read Bill Walsh's book "Building a Champion" He talked about how bad Charles Haley wanted to be traded and the Niners refused and the time. So one day Haley walks into Carmen Policy's office pulls down his pants and relieves himself on Carmen's desk!

After that Haley, WAS traded to Dallas.

Rosenhaus said TO would honor the contract and show up and play.. He also said TO would not be a happy player... They are going to try and force a trade, but realistically he gets cut next year... That means he got 20million from the EAgles for two years of work... Poor baby...

DTLB58
08-11-2005, 09:12 PM
Rosenhaus said TO would honor the contract and show up and play.. He also said TO would not be a happy player... They are going to try and force a trade, but realistically he gets cut next year... That means he got 20million from the EAgles for two years of work... Poor baby...

Yep, Hey, I wasn't defending him. I was just passing on a story I remembered that I thought pertained to this story. Funny as sh*t I thought.

I think in doing that makes Haley a bigger Pr*ck than T.O. has been thus far though.

eazyb81
08-11-2005, 09:45 PM
Agian the with the non answer, How about you back up your arguments instead of acting like a little girl on here??? All you do is not answer questions and spout off more irrellavant remarks...

You do know TO and his agent has said he will play, the only way he does not if the Eagles do not want him there... Which would mean he gets all of his bonus.. You seriously need to pay attention...

As for the caps remarks, something needed to get your attention.. But I see that failed also as you evaded the question...

guess what SINCE YOU HAVE A PROBLEM UNDERSTANDING

What do you not understand???

You have reasoning skills like gochiefs has macking skills...

And you are saying I am the one that is acting like a "little girl"? ROFL

The only guaranteed money that TO receives is his 9 mill signing bonus, nothing else is guaranteed. Yes, he did sign a 49 mill contact, but that is heavily backloaded and he will not see the majority of that money. On the surface the contract looks huge, but in reality he will most likely be cut after the season because he has a large roster bonus coming up next year.

The average amount of money TO could take in the first three years is about 7 mill, which is a lot closer to Jimmy Smith and Eric Moulds type money then Moss and Harrison type money.

Stop acting like a jealous baby and look at the situation objectively.

HemiEd
08-11-2005, 09:49 PM
No, no you are wrong... Easy says so... All players should have complete control over how much they make year to year... TO wanting more money is his example of how a league should be...

I am so sick of hearing about TO already this season, screw him. Can't the media talk about Randy Moss or something.. oh wait.

Valiant
08-11-2005, 10:20 PM
And you are saying I am the one that is acting like a "little girl"? ROFL

The only guaranteed money that TO receives is his 9 mill signing bonus, nothing else is guaranteed. Yes, he did sign a 49 mill contact, but that is heavily backloaded and he will not see the majority of that money. On the surface the contract looks huge, but in reality he will most likely be cut after the season because he has a large roster bonus coming up next year.

The average amount of money TO could take in the first three years is about 7 mill, which is a lot closer to Jimmy Smith and Eric Moulds type money then Moss and Harrison type money.

Stop acting like a jealous baby and look at the situation objectively.

No if he gets cut next year his two year total will be 20million...

Nice to see it took you 10 posts just to answer a question, even if your facts are flawed.. As for objective, Any player could be cut at any time.. TO will bank 20 million at the end of year if he is cut total... Of course he does not get paid well :rolleyes:

B_Ambuehl
08-11-2005, 10:36 PM
This is from profootballtalk but I would really laugh my ass off if this is what the Eagles end up doing to that punk:

OWENS NFL CAREER IN JEOPARDY

Lost in the hoopla regarding the sudden and extremely bizarre ejection of Eagles receiver Terrell Owens from training camp on Wednesday is the very real possibility that the team can -- and likely will -- put the hammer to Owens in a manner that potentially prevents him from ever playing pro football again.

We reported several weeks ago that the team planned to make an example out of Owens and agent Drew Rosenhaus if T.O. didn't show for camp and/or if he reported and acted like a buffoon. Now, word is that the Eagles will follow through on their intentions.

Owens won't be traded, since that would give him what he wants. We've determined via a solid league source that rampant rumors of a Owens-for-Hines Ward swap with the Steelers are bogus, and that the Eagles have no interest in Ward, who's a contract holdout in Pittsburgh.

But it appears T.O. also won't be cut, since that would give him the freedom he so desperately craves. Instead, the Eagles will sit on his rights until he reports to the team and behaves. If he doesn't, he'll continue to be suspended and/or otherwise disciplined.

Eventually, he won't get credit against the 2005 season of his contract, and the team won't face the requirement of paying him $7.5 million in March 2006 or releasing him.

And, eventually, he'll have to play another year for the Eagles before he can get credit for the 2005 season of his contract.

Along the way, the Eagles will go after a chunk of his signing bonus, which as ESPN.com's John Clayton reports can be forfeited for conduct detrimental to the team.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=2130937

Owens, of late, is putting the "mental" in detrimental. His head ain't right (to use a technical term), and if he doesn't get it on straight, it's likely that he never will play football again.

Frazod
08-11-2005, 10:42 PM
This is from profootballtalk but I would really laugh my ass off if this is what the Eagles end up doing to that punk:

God, I really hope that happens. Owens is the queen of the greedy, spoiled NFL bitches. I'd love to see him get ruined.

Chiefnj
08-11-2005, 10:44 PM
No if he gets cut next year his two year total will be 20million...

Nice to see it took you 10 posts just to answer a question, even if your facts are flawed.. As for objective, Any player could be cut at any time.. TO will bank 20 million at the end of year if he is cut total... Of course he does not get paid well :rolleyes:

Valiant where are you getting this 20 million dollar figure from.

Everything I have read has him making 12 million over the two years.

Chiefnj
08-11-2005, 10:53 PM
What I was able to find:

"Owens is expected to report to Eagles camp and avoid the $6,000 daily fine for players who are under contract and fail to report, but seems ready to make life miserable for the Eagles. A year ago, he signed a seven-year, $49 million deal with Philly. Nobody forced him to sign that contract. It included a $2.3 million signing bonus. Last year, he made a total of $9.16 million. His base salary this year is $3.25 million. Next March, he is due a $5 million roster bonus when he will be 32."

It looks like he's making 12.41 million over the two years. Even had TO been the model player, you can bet the Eagles would have asked to renegotiate before that 5 mil roster bonus sets in.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-11-2005, 11:12 PM
As almost everyone has said already, it's T.O.'s own fault that he's in this situation. I think T.O. will report back to the Eagles on Wednesday, mostly behave the rest of the season, then get released or traded at the end of the year because he wants and won't stop at nothing to get that big pay day. But the Eagles won't give that to him, I don't think.

Chiefnj
08-11-2005, 11:23 PM
Is it really TO's fault he's in this situation? Didn't it all begin when his old agent failed to file free agency papers in a timely fashion?

Chiefs Pantalones
08-11-2005, 11:25 PM
Is it really TO's fault he's in this situation? Didn't it all begin when his old agent failed to file free agency papers in a timely fashion?

No, it all ended well. He got to go to the team he wanted, but the NFLPA warned him not to sign the contract, but he didn't listen to them. It's his fault that he is in the situation he's in.

beer bacon
08-11-2005, 11:35 PM

He signed the contract last year. Let me repeat that. HE SIGNED THE CONTRACT LAST YEAR. What a ****ing joke to say he deserves a new contract. He deserves a boot up the ass.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-11-2005, 11:41 PM
He signed the contract last year. Let me repeat that. HE SIGNED THE CONTRACT LAST YEAR. What a ****ing joke to say he deserves a new contract. He deserves a boot up the ass.

He will get a new contract, but it won't be from the Eagles. I expect him to get traded after this year, or released.

jspchief
08-12-2005, 06:26 AM
Why was the contract he signed enough for him last year, but it isn't now? It's not like last year was that much above and beyond previous years' production.

I'll agree that TO is worthy of being a top paid WR. What I won't agree with is that he should be able to get a new contract every time he wants one.

Giving Owens what he wants would be major trouble for the league. It sets a precedent for players to demand a new contract every year.

cadmonkey
08-12-2005, 06:42 AM
T.O. might be big but I bet he is a HUGE PUSSY!!!!

chagrin
08-12-2005, 07:04 AM
I don't know dude, it was disturbing to watch T.O. and his agent on national TV pleading his case and trying to get Berman (idiot as he may be lately) on their side. I didn't care for it. I do not want this to turn into something where we have to watch all the bitching that should be behind closed doors, out in the open. I mean really, I just wanted to watch the game and had hoped to get some real football news during the halftime show...sickening and he should be ashamed of himself.

Money matters aside, watching that clip on ESPN, T.O. saying "I have no interest in talking to Donovan" I am sitting there thinking, he sounds like a little boy crying that someone hit him in the shoulder at pre-school, or a teenager who's daddy won't let him go out to the mall to play video games. It was all just very weird, and sad even.
Fug him, let him go, let him play for a team that deserves his rich character...Baltimore.

KCTitus
08-12-2005, 07:07 AM
We reported several weeks ago that the team planned to make an example out of Owens and agent Drew Rosenhaus if T.O. didn't show for camp and/or if he reported and acted like a buffoon. Now, word is that the Eagles will follow through on their intentions.

Owens won't be traded, since that would give him what he wants. We've determined via a solid league source that rampant rumors of a Owens-for-Hines Ward swap with the Steelers are bogus, and that the Eagles have no interest in Ward, who's a contract holdout in Pittsburgh.

But it appears T.O. also won't be cut, since that would give him the freedom he so desperately craves. Instead, the Eagles will sit on his rights until he reports to the team and behaves. If he doesn't, he'll continue to be suspended and/or otherwise disciplined.

Eventually, he won't get credit against the 2005 season of his contract, and the team won't face the requirement of paying him $7.5 million in March 2006 or releasing him.

I realize this is profootballtalk speaking, however, it would be good to see Philly go all Carl Peterson on his ass and make him sit through his contract at Philly...he could be a FA when he's 38.

StcChief
08-12-2005, 07:16 AM
TO Honor your contract (you signed it) or leave football.

Gaz
08-12-2005, 07:22 AM
It would be truly wonderful if the Eagles dedicated this season to breaking Owens over their collective knees.

It could not happen to a more deserving guy.

xoxo~
Gaz
Has zero respect for Owens.

Chiefnj
08-12-2005, 07:30 AM
The Eagles knew what they were getting when they signed him. They also knew he signed a great contract for them, bad for him; so they should have expected he would want to renegotiate sooner rather than later.

The guy is a first class prick, but one hell of a WR. There aren't alot of players who would have come back from his leg injury and signed the waiver to play in the Super Bowl. It was a huge risk for him to do that.

It won't be easy for the Eagles to try to break Owens. The media is eating this up; they love TO - he talks to them, lets them on his property for interviews, grants mulitple interviews to the same station on the same day. The media won't let it rest and it will slowly eat away at the Eagles.

JOhn
08-12-2005, 07:34 AM
The Eagles knew what they were getting when they signed him. They also knew he signed a great contract for them, bad for him; so they should have expected he would want to renegotiate sooner rather than later.

The guy is a first class prick, but one hell of a WR. There aren't alot of players who would have come back from his leg injury and signed the waiver to play in the Super Bowl. It was a huge risk for him to do that.

It won't be easy for the Eagles to try to break Owens. The media is eating this up; they love TO - he talks to them, lets them on his property for interviews, grants mulitple interviews to the same station on the same day. The media won't let it rest and it will slowly eat away at the Eagles.
What Waiver? Only TO has mentioned it, the Eagles deny that there was any waiver. I would be surprised if there was, I've never heard of a player having to sign a waiver to play. :shake:

More B.S. from TO.

I think you read this wrong, the media might like it, but the people who count are the fans, and 90% of them hate TO for his actions, along with every NFL media person I have seen speak about it.

Chiefnj
08-12-2005, 07:44 AM
What Waiver? Only TO has mentioned it, the Eagles deny that there was any waiver. I would be surprised if there was, I've never heard of a player having to sign a waiver to play. :shake:

More B.S. from TO.

I think you read this wrong, the media might like it, but the people who count are the fans, and 90% of them hate TO for his actions, along with every NFL media person I have seen speak about it.

More B.S.? You sure about that?

"However, if Owens plays in the Super Bowl against the wishes of his surgeon and his coach, and if Owens has a career-ending injury, he'd stand to lose about $38.5 million.

Here's how:

Owens underwent right ankle surgery Dec. 22 to stabilize a fractured fibula and ease the pain of a torn deltoid ligament. The operating orthopedic surgeon, Mark Myerson, said Tuesday he will not clear Owens to play a week from Sunday against the Patriots in the Super Bowl. That leaves the decision up to Owens and Eagles officials.

Philadelphia coach and general manager Andy Reid has yet to voice a definitive opinion. Suppose, however, that Reid believes Owens should not play but Owens demands to play, at any cost. In that case, the following protocol would have to occur, according to a high-ranking official of an NFL team with knowledge of the process.

Owens would have to sign a waiver acknowledging full responsibility for any injury he might incur. If injured and unable to play again, Owens would be entitled to workman's compensation of about $100,000. The amount would depend on Pennsylvania law. He'd also be entitled to a onetime NFL benefit of $250,000, the official said.

That's it: $350,000.

There is a caveat called a "skill or injury guarantee," the official said. This is an addendum to some NFL contracts. It is not known if Owens's contract contains such a clause. His agent, David Joseph, did not return a call.

What is known is these clauses are extremely rare. A team might have one or two players with such a contractual agreement, the official said.

The Oakland Raiders, for example, signed Tim Brown to a one-year, $760,000 contract last summer. The deal, according to the San Francisco Chronicle, included a skill or injury guarantee of $450,000.

Usually, a team offers a player a hefty signing bonus in lieu of an injury guarantee and backloads the contract. Owens's contract appears to fit the NFL norm. He received an $8.9 million signing bonus on a largely backloaded deal. He made $660,000 in base salary this season. But, in 2010, he'll make $8.5 million.

Barring this injury clause, Owens stands to lose all future earnings if he signs a waiver, the NFL official said."

JOhn
08-12-2005, 07:47 AM
More B.S.? You sure about that?

Yes I am :D

Link to story (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3879562)

"But Owens offered some insight into what prompted his banishment from camp, telling ESPN that Reid told him to shut up.

"And I told him my name isn't Reid. My name is Owens. I'm not one of his kids. Don't tell me to shut up," Owens said.

Owens also said he had to sign a "secret waiver" releasing the Eagles from any liability after he came back from an ankle injury to play in the Super Bowl. However, Eagles spokesman Derek Boyko said Owens "absolutely did not sign a waiver" with the team prior to the Super Bowl.
The Eagles declined to comment on the rest of Owens' interview.

JOhn
08-12-2005, 07:51 AM
I'll stand corrected on the Waiver issue for some players, but it looks as if in this case it's BS from TO. ;)

KCTitus
08-12-2005, 07:53 AM

I dont see how any of this media coverage works against the club. He is hanging himself in the court of public opinion.

Chiefnj
08-12-2005, 07:55 AM
I'll stand corrected on the Waiver issue for some players, but it looks as if in this case it's BS from TO. ;)

I don't know the reliability of the site, but at least one independent (I guess?) website reported:
http://www.blacksportsonline.com

"For all the idiots who call T.O. selfish just remember this when he came back to play in the
Super Bowl the Eagles made him sign an injury waiver. What that means is if he would have
got hurt the Eagles would have no liability and his contract would be null and void. If he is all
about the money and all about himself why would he put himself and his bank account on the
line with no insurance? No matter how you slice it if all of the players on the Eagles played
as well and as inspired of Owens in the Super Bowl they would be getting ready to be fitted
for championship rings."

JOhn
08-12-2005, 07:58 AM
I don't know the reliability of the site, but at least one independent (I guess?) website reported:
http://www.blacksportsonline.com

Just curious were on that site you got that quote, I coudn't find it.

As for the article I linked to, FOX Sports, I also heard the same thing from ESPN news quoting the Eagles response about a "Waiver".

**EDit** Not hardly an independent web site, I found the source of your quote....Terrell Owens Web site (http://www.terrellowens.com/news/news.php?newsid=350)

5th paragraph

Chiefnj
08-12-2005, 08:00 AM
I dont see how any of this media coverage works against the club. He is hanging himself in the court of public opinion.

Because day in, day out, the reporters aren't going to let it drop in hopes that they get a good quote and Owens is always ready to give one. If McNabb has a bad preseason game, Owens will make a quip about it and then every reporter is going to ask every Eagle player their opinion of the quote. It won't matter if the Eagles win the game or not.

Look at the latest BS. Nothing really happened. TO worked out by himself, kept quiet and walked off the field. According to Owens, he hadn't said one word to Reid all during camp except for whatever transpired on Wed or Thursday. One little phrase of "shut up" escalates into a media frenzy and suspension. It's only going to get worse.

Chiefnj
08-12-2005, 08:10 AM
Just curious were on that site you got that quote, I coudn't find it.

As for the article I linked to, FOX Sports, I also heard the same thing from ESPN news quoting the Eagles response about a "Waiver".

**EDit** Not hardly an independent web site, I found the source of your quote....Terrell Owens Web site (http://www.terrellowens.com/news/news.php?newsid=350)

5th paragraph

It indicates it was originally written on blacksports and then Owens used it on his website. I have no idea if it is independent or not that's why I put the ? in my post.

I don't see how the Eagles didn't have him sign the waiver when their doctors wouldn't clear him to play.

Anyway, my point is the Eagles knew what they were getting. Kind of like the Chiefs signing Bell - you know he might not play much because of injury. Kind of like the Raiders signing Moss - it won't be a surprise if Randy takes certain games off. In any event he is going to be a huge distraction for them the rest of the season; something the Eagles knew would likely happen.

KCTitus
08-12-2005, 08:13 AM
Because day in, day out, the reporters aren't going to let it drop in hopes that they get a good quote and Owens is always ready to give one. If McNabb has a bad preseason game, Owens will make a quip about it and then every reporter is going to ask every Eagle player their opinion of the quote. It won't matter if the Eagles win the game or not.

Look at the latest BS. Nothing really happened. TO worked out by himself, kept quiet and walked off the field. According to Owens, he hadn't said one word to Reid all during camp except for whatever transpired on Wed or Thursday. One little phrase of "shut up" escalates into a media frenzy and suspension. It's only going to get worse.

Im not as close to the situation as you are...Im sure locally it's like that. Im not getting that impression around here and most I know are of the opinion that TO is wrong here.

His motives are quite transparent. He wanted a new contract, didnt get one and reported to avoid fines. While he was there he bascially acted like my 4 year old pouting. He was looking for a reason to begin the circus and Reid gave him the opening.