PDA

View Full Version : Jeez...Oakland A's just took over 1st place in the AL West

Count Alex's Losses
08-11-2005, 11:58 PM
Over the Angels by 1 game and Texas by 10.

What an amazing season for Oakland. Saggysack, Slim Shady and bunnytrder can all bite me. :cuss:

Ninjaman
08-12-2005, 12:21 AM
pitching and bats are working on all cylinders for them.

The royals don't have a lineup.

tk13
08-12-2005, 12:30 AM
I think they'd be better served to win the Wild Card though. I think they can beat Chicago, they've owned them this year. Boston I'm not as sure about. Boston to me screams out as the type of team that will hammer Oakland and finish them off early.

Ugly Duck
08-12-2005, 03:02 AM
What an amazing season for Oakland. You'll be saying that a lot this year, I reckon.....

KChiefsQT
08-12-2005, 03:09 AM
Thats right... I'm so proud of my bb team!!! Hahaha.... the angels must feel like a bunch of idiots because of how Oakland scored the winning run!!! ha ha ha ... I was hella happy...but laughing hysterically and that error.

J Diddy
08-12-2005, 03:44 AM
You'll be saying that a lot this year, I reckon.....

Um not a fugging prayer.

You guys are gonna feel like we did 2 years ago.

Infidel Goat
08-12-2005, 07:56 AM
Billy Beane is a genious (CP).

He's lost 2/3 of his pitching trio, Miguel Tejada, Jason Giambi, and a couple guys named Damon and Dye.

And he just keeps putting together winning seasons with one of the ten smallest payrolls in baseball.

As soon as the season is over (if not today), I'd hire one of his acolytes to take over for Baird.

The other move I'd like to see is the removal of David Glass as owner. I want Kansas City to form a publicly owned company for the Royals (like Green Bay did for the Packers).

We can find a board of directors (Buck O'Neill, George Brett, and others) to decide on things like the GM and stadium location and improvements.

--Infidel Goat

StcChief
08-12-2005, 08:18 AM
Like to see White Sox, been along time for them in series.

Nelson Muntz
08-12-2005, 03:38 PM
Over the Angels by 1 game and Texas by 10.

What an amazing season for Oakland. Saggysack, Slim Shady and bunnytrder can all bite me. :cuss:

Remember when the A's were 10 games behind the Rangers and I said a 20 game swing in the A's favor was no problem? You said no way would that ever happen. How stupid do you feel now?

BIG_DADDY
08-12-2005, 04:23 PM
The A's rock.

KC Dan
08-12-2005, 04:24 PM
How stupid do you feel now?
I imagine no worse than every other day of the year.

ENDelt260
08-12-2005, 04:27 PM
The other move I'd like to see is the removal of David Glass as owner. I want Kansas City to form a publicly owned company for the Royals (like Green Bay did for the Packers).

I'd buy a share. That would be sweet.

I wonder how often I could get laid telling girls I was part owner of a major league baseball team.