PDA

View Full Version : What Chief, in the Vermiel era, were you the most WRONG about?

John_Wayne
08-12-2005, 10:21 AM
This BB was about 50/50 on Dante Hall in 2001. Most doubted TrInt Green. Many thought Priest would be no more than a 3rd down RB. Who was better than you thought? Who was worse than you thought? Who were you the most wrong about?

Here are a few names:
Dan Williams
Jonnie Morton
Ryan Sims
Larry Johnson
Eddie Kennison
Casey Weigman
John Wellbourn
William Bartee
Julian Battle

Please treat this like an AA meeting. Step up the the mic, clear your throat and say: "Hi, my name is _________ and I was totally wrong about _________. " Then explain. Thanks.

siberian khatru
08-12-2005, 10:24 AM
So far, Sims. Out of that year's group of 1st-round DT's, I liked him the best. I wanted the Chiefs to get him, and I fully supported trading up to nab him. Obviously, he hasn't been worth the pick. Hope he finally proves me right this year.

Count Zarth
08-12-2005, 10:25 AM
Sims for sure. I was stoked when we picked him.

ptlyon
08-12-2005, 10:25 AM
Please treat this like an AA meeting. Step up the the mic, clear your throat and say: "Hi, my name is _________ and I was totally wrong about _________. " Then explain. Thanks.

I will tell you who I was totally right about. I was right about Gunther Fan being totally ghey.

jidar1
08-12-2005, 10:26 AM
Larry Johnson. I was sure the guy was worthless right up until he smacked me in the face with his talent and put up those numbers at the end of last year. Now I'm hyped on the guy, he's good, and I was 100 percent W R O N G.

edit: It's going to be interesting seeing whether people choose to have been wrong about liking someone or wrong about hating someone.

Ari Chi3fs
08-12-2005, 10:27 AM
I thought we should have drafted Nate Kaeding. I was wrong.

Nightfyre
08-12-2005, 10:29 AM
Larry Johnson. I was sure the guy was worthless right up until he smacked me in the face with his talent and put up those numbers at the end of last year. Now I'm hyped on the guy, he's good, and I was 100 percent W R O N G.

edit: It's going to be interesting seeing whether people choose to have been wrong about liking someone or wrong about hating someone.
Im with this guy. And I thought Bartee was showing signs of turning it around. :shake:

TEX
08-12-2005, 10:29 AM
I was most wrong about TrINT... :shake: I just hated how D.V. defended him (much like he does Eric Hicks now) when iot was obvious that he was sucking ass year 1. I remember D.V. once offered up the wind as an excuse...

John_Wayne
08-12-2005, 10:31 AM
I will tell you who I was totally right about. I was right about Gunther Fan being totally ghey.
Sorry. Wrong meeting. The delusions of grandure seminar is down the hall and two the left.

John_Wayne
08-12-2005, 10:32 AM
I thought we should have drafted Nate Kaeding. I was wrong. Perfect! And I must say, from the bottom of my heart, DITTO. :(

John_Wayne
08-12-2005, 10:33 AM
Im with this guy. And I thought Bartee was showing signs of turning it around. :shake:

When you say "it", are you talking about his head? No, he never showed signs of turning "it" around.

picasso
08-12-2005, 10:33 AM

:clap:

Me to!

SNR
08-12-2005, 10:35 AM
Are we just excluding Dante Hall because that's what everyone but Bob will put down?

Dante Hall is #1 on my list followed by LJ. I was always a Green supporter.

I also remember when Priest sucked those first two games of DV's first year. Then he broke it out against Washington, so I would say that's too short to say I'm wrong about a player.

John_Wayne
08-12-2005, 10:35 AM
Hi, I'm Gunther_Fan (at this point and time), and I was wrong about Dante Hall. He doesn't SUCK as a WR/KR/PR/RB as I thought he would.

There's a zillion of you guys who should ditto this! I remember that I wasn't alone on this bandwagon.

KChiefs1
08-12-2005, 10:38 AM
Draft Picks For different reasons:
Ryan Sims & Larry Johnson, one because I thought he was going to be the next Warren Sapp & the other because I didn't want a Penn St RB in the first round when we needed defense. One has turned out to be a turd & the other showed last season that he can be a very productive RB.

eazyb81
08-12-2005, 10:41 AM
I wasn't wrong about anything. :p

I thought Sims would be a bust (I wanted John Henderson), I thought LJ would be fine once he got some touches, and I thought Priest would be a great fit for our offense.

If Erick Hicks has an amazing season and makes the Pro Bowl, then I will finally be wrong about something Chiefs-related.

:)

Otter
08-12-2005, 10:41 AM
I was most wrong about TrINT... :shake: I just hated how D.V. defended him (much like he does Eric Hicks now) when iot was obvious that he was sucking ass year 1. I remember D.V. once offered up the wind as an excuse...

I tried to tell you.

(running and ducking)

BigRedChief
08-12-2005, 10:42 AM
Draft Picks For different reasons:
Ryan Sims & Larry Johnson, one because I thought he was going to be the next Warren Sapp & the other because I didn't want a Penn St RB in the first round when we needed defense. One has turned out to be a turd & the other showed last season that he can be a very productive RB.

Agreed. Thought Sims was going to be Sapp.

Still think we should have went defense but LJ is going to be much better than I thought at first.

Chiefnj
08-12-2005, 10:44 AM
I thought Sims and Freeman were very good picks right when they were drafted. Then a half hour after Freeman was drafted Vermeil said they were moving him to DE and I thought why did they draft him?

I wanted them to draft Rashaun Woods. He hasn't worked out very well, but it could be a San Fran thing.

KCChiefsMan
08-12-2005, 10:44 AM
I'm pretty sure Dan Williams was Marty or Gun era...I thought Johnie Morton would have been good

Uatu
08-12-2005, 10:48 AM
I thought Sims would make more of a difference.

I laughed at all the people cutting down Larry Johnson who had never seen him play. Just because you don't like the pick doesn't mean the guy can't play.

Trent Green was the same way. The guy could obviously play, you could tell from his time in St. Louis. But of course, the average football fan has about an 8 week memory span.

I love that those two, especially Larry Johnson, painted a clown suit on everyone rooting against them.

Tinlar
08-12-2005, 10:48 AM
I was wrong about Trent Green... I hated the decision to bring him in. That is one crow that will never be fully gone.

nmt1
08-12-2005, 10:49 AM
I was wrong on Johnnie Morton. I thought he'd put up better numbers than he did for us. In his defense, he really was the third or fourth option in our offense anyway.
I was initially upset with trading for Trent Green but it only lasted a day or two.
I usually take a wait and see attitude on most players so I'm rarely wrong about them.

shakesthecat
08-12-2005, 10:51 AM
Morton.

Chiefnj
08-12-2005, 10:51 AM
I didn't like the LJ pick and I still don't like it. The team needed defense, not a first round pick that is still sitting at #2 on the bench. Priest indicated he'd play next year, so that's another year where the #1 pick still isn't the lead player. The Chiefs might get one year as a starter out of him before he can void his contract and possibly take off as a free agent. You need more than that out of your 1st round pick. It's nothing against him as a player, he might be a great player. I just feel that your 1st round guys should be starting.

Mr. Laz
08-12-2005, 10:53 AM
"Hi, my name is Laz and I was totally wrong about Dante Hall"

i just really thought he wouldn't be fast enough :shrug:

KCTitus
08-12-2005, 10:54 AM
Omar Easy...I still believe that he could have been the foundation to build around but DV just doesnt see talent like I do.

TRing
08-12-2005, 10:59 AM
Ill tell you who i was right about...... Joe friggin' Horn!!

patteeu
08-12-2005, 11:00 AM
Priest Holmes did far better than I expected and Ryan Sims has done far worse so far. No one else comes close for either of those categories.

Wile_E_Coyote
08-12-2005, 11:02 AM
Sylvester Morris

ct
Hi, my name is coryt, and I was totally wrong about Priest Holmes.

I didn't really see him as much better than giving T-Rich the damn ball, even had my sig saying such. Until Priest proved me to be the idiot that I am.

Also, was wrong about Ryan Sims. Although I still hold hope that he can become a dominant DT, I was absolutely stoked when we moved up ahead of Minnesota to draft him. Now as it turns out, after the Vikes got leapfrogged by us, blew their pick, twice, then took Kevin Williams, I would love to have that pick(s) back and have KW manning the middle for us.

PastorMikH
Wrong that worked out: Trent Green. I was stoked at first, but after the first month of his first season and 57 INTs I was ready to throw in the towel on him. I'm glad I was wrong on him.

Wrong that I wanted but didn't work out: Sylvester Morris. I really liked what the guy brought to the table, and felt that DV wasn't giving him a legit chance. Then he proved me wrong by not being able to stay healthy - even after he left.

Tribal Warfare
08-12-2005, 11:03 AM
What Chief, in the Vermiel era, were you the most WRONG about?

Larry Johnson

Soupnazi
08-12-2005, 11:17 AM
I was most wrong about Johnnie Morton. I figured with the numbers he put up in Detroit, he'd kill in our offense. I was also not high on Dante Hall. I was more of a fan of JJ Moses at the time.

Unfortunately, I was most correct about Sims.

plbrdude
08-12-2005, 11:18 AM
personally i thought trent was gonna suck

RedandGold
08-12-2005, 11:33 AM
Overall, I would say that I was the most wrong about Dante Hall since I was 100% on the "Dante Sucks" bandwagon. For him to turn into the most dangerous return man in the game, it shows just how wrong I was.

Gaz
08-12-2005, 11:43 AM
I thought Sims was going to be a monster DT.

I still have hope, but the light at the end of the tunnel is flickering a bit.

xoxo~
Gaz
Discovered that being wrong has lost its novelty.

Rain Man
08-12-2005, 11:55 AM
I was most wrong about Priest. I figured that he was going to be nothing more than a backup. He has significantly exceeded my expectations.

I was also wrong about Trent, but I at least assumed that he would start. I didn't predict that he would become such a bedrock cornerstone team leader.

KC Dan
08-12-2005, 11:59 AM
I am afraid that past missteps override just this one year but for just 2005, King Carl has exceeded my expectations. He has given Gun the defensive tools thus far & we shall see how they turn out. But, I hardly think that he could've done a better job in 2005.

As for players, Sims hands down.

cookster50
08-12-2005, 12:08 PM
Trent Green

Chiefs Pantalones
08-12-2005, 12:11 PM
I was most wrong about Dante Hall.

I was most right about Trent Green, everyone knows that. Bow down, bitches.

Gravedigger
08-12-2005, 12:14 PM
Larry Johnson had to grow on me cause in that preseason of his first year he just ran into the pile so i thought we wasted a first rounder. But when Priest went out Larry produced so now he's got some fire under his feet and this season there's no blaylock in his way.

Pitt Gorilla
08-12-2005, 12:22 PM
Whitlock's article sheds some light on Green's picks, IMO. Of course, I've always liked the guy.

I was wrong about Tait. I thought he'd be our cornerstone left tackle from the moment he was drafted.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-12-2005, 12:24 PM
I don't think people are technically right or wrong about LJ so far. He hasn't been a starter for 16 games yet. I'm waiting until then. Plus, he hasn't started in big meaningful games, we won't see him do that until Priest is gone or injured...again.

Pitt Gorilla
08-12-2005, 12:26 PM
Larry Johnson had to grow on me cause in that preseason of his first year he just ran into the pile so i thought we wasted a first rounder. But when Priest went out Larry produced so now he's got some fire under his feet and this season there's no blaylock in his way.You thought he was a wasted first rounder after one game? I guess I'd suggest a larger n when evaluating anyone's performance.

HemiEd
08-12-2005, 12:38 PM

Me too, I was so pissed when we did not take him and Marty nabbed him. I loved his 3 consecutive misses last night.

I was ecstatic when we drafted Eddie Freeman and Junior Siavii, still hope for one of them.

I was correct on Priest, I can remember being at work and reading on the Chiefs sight that we had signed him. I was absolutly elated by it, of course I did not dare dream of the success he has had.

ENDelt260
08-12-2005, 01:20 PM
That's an insult to the totally ghey.

the Talking Can
08-12-2005, 01:21 PM
easy...Trent Green....I was screaming for his scalp and now I thank god he's our QB.....

nickman
08-12-2005, 01:28 PM
I was wrong in believing that Grbac was a better choice than Gannon long term.

DTLB58
08-12-2005, 01:29 PM
Easy, Dante Hall.

I think he was drafted the year before Dick got here but Dick was about the only one in Kansas City that had any trust in the guy for a while.

nickman
08-12-2005, 01:36 PM
Oh forgot to mention that my choice knowingly was not a Vermeil era choice but it was such a huge mistake I could not help but mention it.

patteeu
08-12-2005, 02:20 PM

OMG

Cormac
08-12-2005, 02:24 PM

was that necessary.....?

:shake:

:p

Cormac
08-12-2005, 02:27 PM
Mine is Shawn Barber.

I thought we were getting the dog's bollocks when he came along.

:banghead:

I still think he's a helluva player, and suffered with some bad teams, but he had his own terrible moments too. I'd like to see him come back strong, but it'll be tough to get a spot back on this team.....

Honorable mention to Kaeding, Morton, Dante etc....I'm wrong a lot.

tk13
08-12-2005, 02:29 PM
Eddie Kennison. He's not the greatest WR in the world, but I thought it was a waste of time to add him to the junk we already had at WR in 2001, a few years and a 1000 yard season later, he's our best WR.

Phobia
08-12-2005, 02:29 PM
I was wrong about GuntherFan. He's become a pretty dependable, entertaining poster. His development took 5 years but it's been worthwhile.

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-12-2005, 02:30 PM
Priest Holmes easily. I didn't blink when we signed him.

mcan
08-12-2005, 02:37 PM
I was most wrong about Elvis Grbac. I defended him tooth and nail. I still think he had the talent to be a great QB, but the decision to take him over Rich Gannon ended up being a HUGE mistake.

In my own defense, I never said we should take him OVER Rich though, I only defended Elvis as a decent QB.

The player that I was most right about:
Priest Holmes

I can't remember who it was, but somebody was on here saying that Priest reminded him of Donnell Bennet. I went to the wall for Priest (because I saw him running and cutting at that first public minicamp). It was pretty clear to me that we had a really great back who paid attention to details and ran crisply. Not at all like Donnell, or Mike Cloud, or any other wanna be. He was like a smaller, faster, stronger, Kimble Anders. Naturally, I didn't know that he was going to be a superstar overnight...

KC Dan
08-12-2005, 02:42 PM
I can't remember who it was, but somebody was on here saying that Priest reminded him of Donnell Bennet.
KCJohnny

the Talking Can
08-12-2005, 02:49 PM
Mine is Shawn Barber.

I thought we were getting the dog's bollocks when he came along.

:banghead:
yup...I thought he would be a playmaker, better than Donnie....wrong

Halfcan
08-12-2005, 02:50 PM
I have to say Casey W. When he came into town he stopped by the subdivision I was selling at. I thought "this is our new guy?" He looked small. Very fit, no fat like you would think a center would look, he had longazz hair, and the body of a linebacker. Next time I met him he was cleaned up, bulked up, and playing like a pro. He is a very cool guy and very underrated!!! Halfcan

FloridaChief
08-12-2005, 02:55 PM
KCJohnny

Actually, that was Packfan...

penchief
08-12-2005, 02:55 PM
It's going to be interesting seeing whether people choose to have been wrong about liking someone or wrong about hating someone.

You beat me to the punch. I have always been optimistic about a players talent so I am going to say that I was wrong about guys that I overestimated. The first two that come to mind are Bartee and Willie Pile when they were drafted. I liked both picks a lot at the time.

On the other hand, I was also an ardent believer in the talents of LJ, Kris Wilson, and Dante Hall.

KC Dan
08-12-2005, 02:56 PM
Actually, that was Packfan...
You may be right. I also remember KCJ being big on Bennett besides Marty around then.

KCJake
08-12-2005, 03:11 PM
I thought Sims was going to be a stud. Maybe he can still turn it around? I didn't mind the Trent Green signing. Who was the other option? Grbac? Jeff George?

Like many of you, I was kinda mad when we drafted Larry Johnson.

I AM very proud to say, I was sold on Dante Hall from day one. No bullsh!t guys. I can go back through the old Chiefs newsgroup and find it if you want. The day we drafted Dante, I jumped on the net and found a site that had most of the combine stats. You wouldn't believe how many drills Dante dominated. His 40 time wasn't jaw dropping. Still a high 4.4 though. It was his shuttle times and his cone drill time that was outstanding. You could see that he had tremendous quickness. Even his bench press was very good.

The site also talked about him. They said, once at Texas A&M, after a bad game he jumped all over his O-line. Saying those "fat@ss's can't block for sh!t." Also, he was suspended from school because he repeatedly parked in the teachers reserved parking spots.

Halfcan
08-12-2005, 03:18 PM
I am still pissed about drafting D J at linebacker. The experts say this guy can't shed blockers and misses tackles, and flat out is just not physical enough. Now who are you going to believe the hundreds of positive reports coming out of camp or the sports media that slammed him-Most recently Charles Robinson of Yahoo. I have to go with the experts-haha

penchief
08-12-2005, 03:19 PM
I thought Sims was going to be a monster DT.

I still have hope, but the light at the end of the tunnel is flickering a bit.

xoxo~
Gaz
Discovered that being wrong has lost its novelty.

Have you been gone for a while or did you change your user name? I ask only because I haven't seen you post in a while.

I like your touch. You add a lot of character to any discussion you participate in.

Pitt Gorilla
08-12-2005, 03:28 PM
I was most wrong about Elvis Grbac. I defended him tooth and nail. I still think he had the talent to be a great QB, but the decision to take him over Rich Gannon ended up being a HUGE mistake.

In my own defense, I never said we should take him OVER Rich though, I only defended Elvis as a decent QB.

The player that I was most right about:
Priest Holmes

I can't remember who it was, but somebody was on here saying that Priest reminded him of Donnell Bennet. I went to the wall for Priest (because I saw him running and cutting at that first public minicamp). It was pretty clear to me that we had a really great back who paid attention to details and ran crisply. Not at all like Donnell, or Mike Cloud, or any other wanna be. He was like a smaller, faster, stronger, Kimble Anders. Naturally, I didn't know that he was going to be a superstar overnight...
Wow, we're a lot alike. I, too, defended Grbac but wasn't sure he should start over Gannon. I also praised the Holmes signing. Maybe we're just Chiefs homers... :)

Oh, and as someone else noted, I thought the Morton signing was great. Wow, I was really wrong.

Pants
08-12-2005, 03:38 PM
Easy, I was totally against the LJ pick and was pretty pissed. Needless to say, I'm happy now, because it seems like our future at RB is bright (barring any injuries, oc).

Chieficus
08-12-2005, 03:44 PM
I was wrong about Green and Morton...

After that monster year Grbac had followed by Green's "TrINT" year, I was wondering what the heck Vermeil was doing to our team... Then Green pulled a 360... And I thought Morton would do good after the numbers he put up in Detroit... yeah...

Pitt Gorilla
08-12-2005, 03:45 PM
I was wrong about Green and Morton...

After that monster year Grbac had followed by Green's "TrINT" year, I was wondering what the heck Vermeil was doing to our team... Then Green pulled a 360... And I thought Morton would do good after the numbers he put up in Detroit... yeah...
A 360? How about a 180? :)

Pants
A 360? How about a 180?

ROFL

Thig Lyfe
LJ. I was in the "WTF?" bandwagon, but now I think he has the potential to be a big-time RB.

Chieficus
08-12-2005, 03:49 PM
A 360? How about a 180? :)

Maybe a 540??? (Methinks my head might be spinning like your smiley face...)

Tuckdaddy
08-12-2005, 04:45 PM
Greg Robinson! His resume was fabulous but it certainly was not all his fault.

Rain Man
08-12-2005, 04:51 PM
Greg Robinson! His resume was fabulous but it certainly was not all his fault.

That's the one where I was most correct. I was flabbergasted that they hired the worst possible candidate when several very strong candidates were available. I despised Robinson from Day One, and it got worse as time went by.

Dave Lane
08-12-2005, 05:02 PM
Brian Shay.

Dave

KCJake
08-13-2005, 07:30 PM
Brian Shay.

Dave
Don't tell me you honestly thought this guy was going to make the team? :shake:

Someone already mentioned it, but Sylvester Morris. I thought this guy was going to be very good.

Deberg_1990
08-13-2005, 07:42 PM
It has to be Priest Holmes........No One, and I mean No one, could have predicted the type of "franchise" back he has become.

mikey23545
08-13-2005, 08:05 PM
I was absolutely, flat wrong about Trent Green...I should have to be his houseboy for life for what I said about him during and after the TrINT year....

And as someone else has said, I really thought Morton would be a great signing....

milkman
08-13-2005, 08:06 PM
So how much time do you have?

I was wrong about:
Trent Green

I knew he had talent, but never expected him to be the tough leader he has proven to be.

Priest

Again, I knew he had some talent, but I never expected him to be able to handle the grind of being the every down back, and to become one of the best RBs in the league.

Dante

Completely shocked by this.
He still isn't a good WR.

Eddie

I really didn't believe he would become as reliable as he is.

Johnnie

I thought he was going to be the man in this offense.

Ryan Sims

I expected to get a difference maker at the DT position, and so far, he hasn't done squat.

Dick Vermiel, on the other hand, I have been right about, at least to this point.

I didn't think he was worth the draft picks we had to give up to get him.

I thought he caught lightening in a bottle in StL, and didn't believe he could be as lucky in KC.
And so far he hasn't been.

He has helped to put one of the best offenses in the league on the field, but his decisions in defensive personnel, including staff, have given us half a team.

Can this D, with the additions this offseason, come together and finally prove me wrong?
I hope so.

B_Ambuehl
08-13-2005, 08:10 PM
Dante Hall - for several reasons

1. I watched him play a lot at A&M and he was by no means a dominant return man. I can't ever recall him making a big play in the kicking game while there. In fact, through most of his college career he wasn't returning kicks. Aaron Glenn was much more memorable as a punt returner.

2. He played tailback in college and was a pretty good one - quite a bit bigger then he is now. That position change is tough though.

Logical
08-13-2005, 08:11 PM
Still early but Morten and Sims are leading.

trndobrd
08-13-2005, 10:55 PM
I was wrong about Trent Green. I believed we were giving up the farm for an injury prone, journeyman quarterback.

KCJake
08-13-2005, 11:22 PM
So how much time do you have?

Dick Vermiel, on the other hand, I have been right about, at least to this point.

I didn't think he was worth the draft picks we had to give up to get him.

I thought he caught lightening in a bottle in StL, and didn't believe he could be as lucky in KC.
And so far he hasn't been.

He has helped to put one of the best offenses in the league on the field, but his decisions in defensive personnel, including staff, have given us half a team.

Can this D, with the additions this offseason, come together and finally prove me wrong?
I hope so.

I don't think you can say bringing in Vermeil was a failure. Maybe if we miss the playoffs again this year, then yes. But not yet.

Frazod
08-14-2005, 12:21 AM
I was wrong about Trent Green. I believed we were giving up the farm for an injury prone, journeyman quarterback.

Same here. I bitched up a storm when we signed him and dogged Green mercilessly during his first year. That's about as wrong as I've even been about anything (at least anything football related).

DaWolf
08-14-2005, 03:06 AM
I thought GRob would be able to give us a nice blitzing attacking defense which I remembered with Denver that would go well with an offense that was going to always get us a lead, like he had in Denver. I also figured his D's had always given Gannon fits and would continue to do so with the chiefs which was important since the Raiders were the team to beat at the time.

Well his D still gave Gannon fits but that was about it. What a waste of 3 years, and we're still trying to recover from some of the personnel moves we made to try and fit his style of D.

Johnnie Morton I was likewise wrong about, I remember posting NFL Films video highlighting what sure hands he had and what a tough reciever he was. Never panned out.

Al Saunders I questioned, thinking how good could the guy be if he's been stuck as a WR coach for 10 years. I also questioned his use of Morton and Gonzo, thinking he had no idea how to use Gonzo. Well 4 years later and one recordsetting season by Gonzo later those questions have been eradicated. He's good...

Rausch
08-14-2005, 03:26 AM

Well, he was.

He didn't come here a great player, he developed into one while here...

Mojo Rising
08-14-2005, 04:07 AM
It has to be Priest Holmes........No One, and I mean No one, could have predicted the type of "franchise" back he has become.

Priest has to be mine too. I hoped he could improve a weak backfield. To think he would ne a top 5 back would have been a dream. He was even better than that.

That was before his 1st season with us. We all then knew what we had after the first year. Except for Taco and Packan. It was fun to watch them be wrong...and then again...and then again.

Mojo Rising
08-14-2005, 04:13 AM
The best has to be Packfans claim that KC let our arch rival, Denver, sign our best defensive player...Dale Carter.

ChiefsLV
08-14-2005, 10:49 AM
Definitely Dante Hall...

I remember him looking real timid when he first started returning kicks which I think was under Gunther. Do you remember him actually running to the closest tackler rather than away from him? I think it was during a Sunday night game against Seattle, the one where Hicks dominated Todd Weiner.

I also thought Holmes would be just a slightly above average RB. He really sucked it up his first game too.

In both cases, both guys got some confidence and started tearing up the league. Methinks Dick Vermeil had something to do with that. I mean do you think Dante Hall would be what he is today if Gunther stayed our coach?

milkman
08-14-2005, 01:28 PM
I don't think you can say bringing in Vermeil was a failure. Maybe if we miss the playoffs again this year, then yes. But not yet.

I didn't proclaim he has "failed" yet.
I only suggested he hasn't as yet succeeded.

TRR
08-14-2005, 01:45 PM
Johnnie Morton...

I thought he would finally be the hard working, #1 target KC needed. We all quickly found out that he was just a complete *sshole with diminishing skills.

bringbackmarty
08-14-2005, 02:35 PM
lj i hayed lj until game 10 last season, boy was I wrong. im always wrong, or so my wife and kid tell me.