PDA

View Full Version : 5 or 6 WR's for the Chiefs this year?

KChiefs1
08-12-2005, 02:16 PM
Kennison
Parker
Hall
Boerigter

All appear to be locks....leaving the fight for the last spot between Thorpe, Horn, Smith, McIntyre, Booth & Mitchell.

I can't see the Chiefs cutting loose their 4th round pick this year, but if they do decide to keep a 6th WR...who would it be? :hmmm:

DeepSouth
08-12-2005, 02:21 PM
I think Thorpe makes five.

If they keep six, I'm guessing it'd be to keep Mitchell on the roster.

DeepSouth
08-12-2005, 02:22 PM
Here's a question right back at ya;

If they keep six, what other position will have to sacrifice a spot? I think it'll be one less running back.

Chiefnj
08-12-2005, 02:24 PM
Thorpe's a lock as a 4th round draft pick. If Mitchell recovers he'll make it as well.

Cormac
08-12-2005, 02:32 PM
Thorpe or Chris Horn. Whoever has the better preseason and rest of camp. JMO. The staff keeps saying it will only be 5 on the roster......I guess we'll be seeing a lot of 2TE sets with Gonzo and Wilson, or 2 back sets with LJ and Priest.

KChiefs1
08-12-2005, 02:49 PM
Here's a question right back at ya;

If they keep six, what other position will have to sacrifice a spot? I think it'll be one less running back.

I think if the Chiefs go with 6 WR's that it will be the RB spot that takes the hit with Holcombe doing double duty at that spot.

ct
08-12-2005, 03:19 PM
6, with Cro and FredEx

LiL stumppy
08-12-2005, 03:39 PM
I belive we will keep 6.I think if we do it will be Thorpe or Horn.And Fred EX.I belive we would drop a CB or safty.We need 5 RB's on the roster.IMO.

htismaqe
08-12-2005, 03:42 PM
I'd like to see them keep Kennison, Parker, Thorpe, Mitchell, Bo, and Hall

Chieficus
08-12-2005, 03:48 PM
I think if the Chiefs go with 6 WR's that it will be the RB spot that takes the hit with Holcombe doing double duty at that spot.

I can see this happening, especially since Dante is an ex-RB (thus could provide backup in an EXTREME emergency--like if all the other RB's go down)...

I'm wondering if Freddie's injury turns out more serious than they think, if he'll start the season on the PUP list... (and someone help me out here... if they're on the PUP list do they count against a roster spot?)

DeepSouth
08-12-2005, 03:50 PM
I can see this happening, especially since Dante is an ex-RB (thus could provide backup in an EXTREME emergency--like if all the other RB's go down)...

I'm wondering if Freddie's injury turns out more serious than they think, if he'll start the season on the PUP list... (and someone help me out here... if they're on the PUP list do they count against a roster spot?)
I don't think he can be put on the PUP list since he's already practiced.

Chieficus
08-12-2005, 03:54 PM
I don't think he can be put on the PUP list since he's already practiced.

Wasn't sure of the rules...

Mr. Kotter
08-12-2005, 03:55 PM
Six, with Dante:

Kennison
Parker
Boerigter
Thorpe
Hall

and, my guess, FredEx or McIntyre.

But who knows? Smith, Booth, and Horn have all looked pretty good too.

It's a nice problem to have for a change.

Thig Lyfe
08-12-2005, 03:55 PM

I think that's going to be the plan.

JOhn
08-12-2005, 03:57 PM
Were's the love for Chris Horn? :harumph:

I'm pulling for him to make the team again this year. Every game he played last year he stepped up big time and made some great catch's. :thumb:

Besides I gotta pull for the local boy, went to college in Montana. :D

ILChief
08-12-2005, 04:00 PM
Kennison
Parker
Mitchell
Boerigter
Thorpe
Hall

nomad
08-12-2005, 04:02 PM
I would say, all things being equal.... Kris Wilson can be split out and has great hands, simuliar to Thomas.

Crap is a potential homerun hitter and a recent draft pick.

Crap rounds out the WR grouping IMO.

Zebedee DuBois
08-12-2005, 04:04 PM
Does anyone remember what happened to FB/RB Joe Hall? I thought he was on the practice squad last year, and I don't see him on the roster this year.

chop
08-12-2005, 04:06 PM
Trent Green spoke highly of Horn. When asked about his receivers he had nothing but good things to say about Kennison and Horn.

Mr. Kotter
08-12-2005, 04:09 PM
Trent Green spoke highly of Horn. When asked about his receivers he had nothing but good things to say about Kennison and Horn.

If FredEx doesn't make it....and they can sneak McIntyre onto the practice squad for one more year, Horn would make the roster IMO.

JOhn
08-12-2005, 04:18 PM
If FredEx doesn't make it....and they can sneak McIntyre onto the practice squad for one more year, Horn would make the roster IMO.

I'm sure Horn will make it this year. After being called up from the practice squad, and performing as well as he did, and knowing the system I think he has a big advantage.

KChiefs1
08-12-2005, 05:14 PM
Has anyone heard Vermeil or Peterson say if they are going to carry 5 or 6 WR's? This is probably a decision that won't be made until the last cut, but they have to be thinking about it right now I'd think.