PDA

View Full Version : Keitzman thinks Lamar should kick in half...

htismaqe
08-12-2005, 05:04 PM
Nevermind what's "right" or "fair", does this guy pay attention AT ALL to what's happening outside of downtown KC?

Mr. Laz
08-12-2005, 05:07 PM
actually i think several of the recently built stadiums have had significant help from the owners themselves.

i don't know if it's 50% ... but its been quite a bit

i think down in dallas they are putting in more than half

didn't pittsburgh pay all of it?

KC Jones
08-12-2005, 05:07 PM
hmm... half is often an equitable distribution when two parties are involved. However, since we don't what Kietzman want's Lamar to kick in half of or for, it's kinda hard to make a call on it.

jspchief
08-12-2005, 05:08 PM
In a somewhat related story, today the Mayor of LA said that if the NFL wants a team in Los Angeles, they will have to come up with the money for the stadium...the city won't pay for it.

It appears that teams using the threat of moving to LA just lost some leverage.

KChiefs1
08-12-2005, 05:11 PM
I don't think it would hurt the Hunt's to pay for some of the revenue producing stuff at Arrowhead. But KK isn't being realistic about what is going on....I've heard him say that just because the Chiefs have sold out for years that there is no way the Chiefs would move.....did he forget about what happened in Cleveland??????

htismaqe
08-12-2005, 06:08 PM
Indy's new stadium will be 100% financed by the city and it's residents.

I did the research a while back and found a dozen or so new stadiums or rennovations in the last 10 years. Of those, only THREE had 50% or more private financing. Of course, in New England, the owner paid for 100% of it.