Dare i say it....Gunther has to go!

Detoxing
08-12-2005, 06:15 PM
so depressed.....

eazyb81
08-12-2005, 06:15 PM
Like a hot knife through butter...

Woe that looked familiar

I know it is just preseason, and the first preseason series at that....

but that looked eerily familiar.

Deberg_1990
08-12-2005, 06:18 PM
I know it is just preseason, and the first preseason series at that....

but that looked eerily familiar.

yep, im not ready to panick.........but damn, if i see this throughout the whol pre-season, i wont be expecting much for the regular season.

Herzig
08-12-2005, 06:19 PM
One series fellas...one series does not a season make. You guys remind me of the French.

Herzig
08-12-2005, 06:24 PM
That's what I'm talkin about BEEOTCH!!

eazyb81
08-12-2005, 06:25 PM
Nice play by DJ, I wish we could have seen a replay.

Detoxing
08-12-2005, 06:27 PM
Damn it! NFL Sunday Ticket should air preseason games

eazyb81
08-12-2005, 06:37 PM
Two great kickoffs by Tynes, and two personal fouls on the returns. :mad:

Herzig
08-12-2005, 06:40 PM
3 and out for the vikes...still think the D sucks?

runnercyclist
08-12-2005, 06:42 PM
I never said it sucks just looked familiar. I am encouraged!

eazyb81
08-12-2005, 06:46 PM

No way, our defense is awesome! SUPER BOWL BABY!!!

ROFL

Sig Kauffman
08-12-2005, 07:07 PM
No way, our defense is awesome! SUPER BOWL BABY!!!

ROFL

We just got burned by the Vikings' 2nd string...still thinking Super Bowl?

Deberg_1990
08-12-2005, 07:08 PM
Ive got a new name for this Defense. "The more things change, the more they stay the same"

Poor Gunther, he deserves better....

Bootlegged
08-12-2005, 07:08 PM

ROFL

eazyb81
08-12-2005, 07:16 PM
We just got burned by the Vikings' 2nd string...still thinking Super Bowl?

Nope, we suck again, the season is over! DAMMIT CARL!!! :cuss:

:p

Tuckdaddy
08-12-2005, 07:16 PM
tHE PRE SEASON IS MEANING LESS! RELAX

Skip Towne
08-12-2005, 07:22 PM
OK, that does it. I'm going to become a Cowboys fan.

the Talking Can
08-12-2005, 07:23 PM
we should call this D the "Failed Blitz"

anyone have a photo shop of Gun wearing a dunce cap?

(yes, I know, it's preseason...)

Garcia Bronco
08-12-2005, 07:23 PM
It's your d-line....corners aren't worth as much anymore.....you have to get to the QB...and 9 times out of 10....teams won't.

Sig Kauffman
08-12-2005, 07:27 PM
tHE PRE SEASON IS MEANING LESS! RELAX

This is the first game in months...the regular season doesn't start for another 30 days...but this is a sight that's been WAY too familiar to us for the last how many years now? You can only take so much of it before you go insane. :banghead:

redbrian
08-12-2005, 07:27 PM

Don't let the door hit you in the ass.

Cannibal
08-12-2005, 07:28 PM
I'm not gonna overreact yet. But I agree that the D looked horrible.

You know what looked the worst?

The fuggin D-line!!! Which is what I've been sayin needed the most improvement... other than the corner position opposite Warfield (and now the sumbitch is gone for 4 games.)

Hicks is fuggin worthless and has been for 3 years.

Cannibal
08-12-2005, 07:30 PM
What sucked was all the hype about DJ and how much improved the D is already, but in an actual game situation, they looked as awful as ever.

I just hope they can pull it together by the regular season.

mikey23545
08-12-2005, 07:43 PM
That's all we can hope for at this point....

plbrdude
08-12-2005, 07:44 PM
well, well, well. deep subject ain't it
30 football minutes into the 2005 season and peoples givin up. you all suck. i know we look puty crappy to start,but if you ain't nothin but negative, you suck.

htismaqe
08-12-2005, 07:47 PM
I'm not gonna overreact yet. But I agree that the D looked horrible.

You know what looked the worst?

The fuggin D-line!!! Which is what I've been sayin needed the most improvement... other than the corner position opposite Warfield (and now the sumbitch is gone for 4 games.)

Hicks is fuggin worthless and has been for 3 years.

Hicks and Allen were especially putrid. Gunther spent several minutes chewing on Allen...

Chieficus
08-12-2005, 07:48 PM
well, well, well. deep subject ain't it
30 football minutes into the 2005 season and peoples givin up. you all suck. i know we look puty crappy to start,but if you ain't nothin but negative, you suck.and so does your comma turd message

If I could figure out what that is saying, I might be able to figure out who or what sucks...

eazyb81
08-12-2005, 07:50 PM
Hicks and Allen were especially putrid. Gunther spent several minutes chewing on Allen...

the entire D-line was pretty putrid, Allen had a big missed tackle on the long run by Moore.

plbrdude
08-12-2005, 07:50 PM
everbody who says the season's tanked already

plbrdude
08-12-2005, 07:51 PM
they suck

MGRS13
08-12-2005, 08:02 PM
everbody who says the season's tanked already
What about those of us who never had any hope for the season? Maybe I'm the least disapointed person on the board because I saw this coming. I've been saying all year that this defense wasn't fixed. I will say though my 7 and 9 prediction might be off, maybe we are a little closer to 6 and 10. You can bitch and complain all you want about people giving up because of a preseason game but really I've felt this way for a while. I'm still a fan, still love my Chiefs and will still go to every game I can,but this defense will still suck. And if you don't like to read other peoples opinion's maybe you shouldn't read or post on the board.

plbrdude
08-12-2005, 08:11 PM
What about those of us who never had any hope for the season? Maybe I'm the least disapointed person on the board because I saw this coming. I've been saying all year that this defense wasn't fixed. I will say though my 7 and 9 prediction might be off, maybe we are a little closer to 6 and 10. You can bitch and complain all you want about people giving up because of a preseason game but really I've felt this way for a while. I'm still a fan, still love my Chiefs and will still go to every game I can,but this defense will still suck. And if you don't like to read other peoples opinion's maybe you shouldn't read or post on the board.

I don't mind reading other peoples opinions. in fact, i rather enjoy it. i enjoy the insight most people have. a little harmless ranting is all i was doin'. bein' to serious is hazardous to your health.

htismaqe
08-12-2005, 08:14 PM

You honestly believe with the people we added this offseason that the defense will be as bad or worse than last season?

That's pretty fuggin amazing.

Count Zarth
08-12-2005, 08:16 PM
You honestly believe with the people we added this offseason that the defense will be as bad or worse than last season?

Boy you said it. There's just no way.

I suppose people think our offense is going to score 3 pts per half, too?

Deberg_1990
08-12-2005, 08:18 PM

It will be improved sure...but by how much??? My first guess would be not enough. I said at the end of the season last year, this D needed at least 8 new starters. Lets see, we have about 4 so far??? Better, but still not good enough to win it all.

bringbackmarty
08-12-2005, 09:52 PM
dj likes to overpursue, hope gun breaks him of that habit. he still looked awesome at times. the dline was awful other than sims' pressures. seemed lkike fox may have been overpursuing too. surtain they might as well have took him and his guy and put them in recliners by the side of the field, they didn't even want to test him, which was kind of a dick move by tice. I would want to test surtain to see where my guys stacked up against the best in preseason. Bartee got a pick, isn't that interesting, betcha dick keeps wesley, woods and bartee, thereby causing the planet to disintegrate.

Mecca
08-12-2005, 09:56 PM
If they keep Woods, I'm calling for peoples heads.

Taco John
08-12-2005, 10:07 PM

Personally, I see only one position in which you made any significant improvement... Not counting rookies... I never expect anything out of rookies.

kcjayhawks5
08-12-2005, 10:34 PM
i guess i was a little to optimistic. i still think the D can be above average this year but for crying out loud it is only the first preseason game. It was bound to happen like that. give it some time. rome wasnt built in a day.

BigMeatballDave
08-13-2005, 12:53 AM
What about those of us who never had any hope for the season? Maybe I'm the least disapointed person on the board because I saw this coming. I've been saying all year that this defense wasn't fixed. I will say though my 7 and 9 prediction might be off, maybe we are a little closer to 6 and 10. You can bitch and complain all you want about people giving up because of a preseason game but really I've felt this way for a while. I'm still a fan, still love my Chiefs and will still go to every game I can,but this defense will still suck. And if you don't like to read other peoples opinion's maybe you shouldn't read or post on the board.Are you high? ROFL

go bowe
08-13-2005, 12:55 AM
i am, but the d still looked pretty bad overall...

BigMeatballDave
08-13-2005, 12:56 AM
OMFG!!!11 TH3 5KY 1S FALL1NG!!1 I can't believe ANYONE believed the D would be lights-out in the FIRST PRESEASON GAME!!!111 dORKS! ROFL

philfree
08-13-2005, 01:07 AM
Our 1st stringers made them punt twice in a row and out of 3 possessions all we had was 3 points to show. They've gotta lot of work to do but it wasn't all bad. I expect that next weekend at Arrowhead it will look alot better. Our front 4 has to play better and we need Kendrell Bell to show up.

PhilFree:arrow:

htismaqe
08-13-2005, 06:16 AM
Personally, I see only one position in which you made any significant improvement... Not counting rookies... I never expect anything out of rookies.

After watching Jerome Woods get flat-out punked by the Vikings 4th-string tonight, we definitely upgraded at at least TWO positions.

Rukdafaidas
08-13-2005, 06:38 AM
I'm not as down about the D as most on here. My goal going into the game last night was to see the new guys and Sims/Mitchell. I came away pretty impressed with all of them.
Knight - Laid a couple of good licks.
Surtain - Looked fantastic.
Sims - Got decent penetration, but we could use more.
Mitchell - looked much better than the start of last season.
DJ - Showed a lot of skill, just needs a little more experience.
Overall, the first team D came out way too aggressive and got beat by the misdirection. What do you expect, they were pumped up to finally get to hit someone. The 2nd/3rd team D (with a lot of starters from last year), however, didn't look very good at all.

Gaz
08-13-2005, 06:50 AM
...Overall, the first team D came out way too aggressive and got beat by the misdirection. What do you expect, they were pumped up to finally get to hit someone...

I believe this is correct. I see improvement in the D. Now, Gunther has to get them under control.

Saunders is notoriously vanilla in preseason. I am blithely unconcerned about the O once the season actually starts.

Tynes stunk it up quite a bit, but I am unwilling to cast him on the rubbish heap after [1] preseason game.

No serious injuries. Yay!

I am thrilled that real football is just around the corner.

xoxo~
Gaz
Got pretty much what he expected from a preseason game.

Electric
08-13-2005, 06:54 AM

You gotta remember, you're talking to the gloom and doom squad here. Nothing is good enough.

Electric
08-13-2005, 06:55 AM

Why is that comment not surprising?

Electric
08-13-2005, 06:56 AM
This is the first game in months...the regular season doesn't start for another 30 days...but this is a sight that's been WAY too familiar to us for the last how many years now? You can only take so much of it before you go insane. :banghead:

I'd say you don't have far to go. Seems like you have a head start.

tomahawk kid
08-13-2005, 06:56 AM
I'm not as down about the D as most on here. My goal going into the game last night was to see the new guys and Sims/Mitchell. I came away pretty impressed with all of them.
Knight - Laid a couple of good licks.
Surtain - Looked fantastic.
Sims - Got decent penetration, but we could use more.
Mitchell - looked much better than the start of last season.
DJ - Showed a lot of skill, just needs a little more experience.
Overall, the first team D came out way too aggressive and got beat by the misdirection. What do you expect, they were pumped up to finally get to hit someone. The 2nd/3rd team D (with a lot of starters from last year), however, didn't look very good at all.

I agree. I'm not in overall panic mode - yet.

A couple of my observations:

1. Folks, Ryan Sims was actually getting pressure. PRESSURE. This has rarely happened in the past 3 seasons. He's playing with much more fire than before and that's a good thing.

2. Kawicka was actually crashing the correct gap last night and didn't look like he was lost. Thats VERY encouraging. I don't think the kid knew where he was last season.

3. Derrick Johnson was LOST on several plays and STILL made tackles / caused havoc while he was in there. I think the kid was probably a bit nervous considering this was his first NFL game ever (he's never attended one live), and he still made some plays. He's only going to get better. The pass play in which he freaking destroyed the running back in protection was awesome.

4. Key Fox ain't Kendrell Bell. Fox overpursued on a few plays and missed some tackles on a few more. Having #99 in there is going to make a big difference (duh).

5. Take away that missed tackled by Allen and its a pretty good night by the D.

I'm not trying to be a pollyanna here, just trying to add to the voice of reason......

the Talking Can
08-13-2005, 06:59 AM
4. Key Fox ain't Kendrell Bell. Fox overpursued on a few plays and missed some tackles on a few more. Having #99 in there is going to make a big difference (duh).

I'm not trying to be a pollyanna here, just trying to add to the voice of reason......

yeah, Fox was a big disappointment...he got blocked out of every play...and yes, it was 3rd and 1 - if Allen makes the tackle (and he should have) we look much better

Electric
08-13-2005, 07:02 AM
I agree. I'm not in overall panic mode - yet.

A couple of my observations:

1. Folks, Ryan Sims was actually getting pressure. PRESSURE. This has rarely happened in the past 3 seasons. He's playing with much more fire than before and that's a good thing.

2. Kawicka was actually crashing the correct gap last night and didn't look like he was lost. Thats VERY encouraging. I don't think the kid knew where he was last season.

3. Derrick Johnson was LOST on several plays and STILL made tackles / caused havoc while he was in there. I think the kid was probably a bit nervous considering this was his first NFL game ever (he's never attended one live), and he still made some plays. He's only going to get better. The pass play in which he freaking destroyed the running back in protection was awesome.

Good observations on the game. What is lost here is that it's a pre-season game and those games are not focused on winning but pointing out weaknesses or shortcomings in the team.

It was a good game for learning and experience. I will not give up on the team until hell freezes over or until one of the CP members makes the team.