PDA

View Full Version : How friggin sad it it?

htismaqe
08-12-2005, 08:16 PM
The scrubs of the scrubs are playing right now and we're watching Jerome Woods, Eric Warfield, William Bartee, and Scott Fujita...all of whom started last year.

Jerome Woods gives up a long 3rd down. Big surprise.

DTLB58
08-12-2005, 08:17 PM
Bartee with a pick, OMG!!!!

the Talking Can
08-12-2005, 08:21 PM
it is strange...but it's a sign of how bad these guys were last year

penguinz
08-12-2005, 08:21 PM
Woods and Wesley have both looked horrible. Knight and Bartee opening day safeties?

htismaqe
08-12-2005, 08:46 PM
Jerome Woods is done. He's getting burned in 1-on-1 coverage by 4th-string WR's.

Mile High Mania
08-12-2005, 08:48 PM
That is a freaky site to see... sorta scary if the new starters actually kick ass. I'm not going to like that at all... no way.

Brock
Woods just got his ass kicked by a quarterback.

Mile High Mania
Heh... it was funny to see the rookie QB lay down Woods on that last play.

Mr. Laz
08-12-2005, 08:50 PM
several of our starters last year are now 3/4th string.

ouch

htismaqe
08-12-2005, 08:51 PM
Woods was actually slow to get up after the collision.

jspchief
08-12-2005, 08:56 PM
Woods was actually slow to get up after the collision.It looked like he was favoring his pride as he got up. It had to have gotten injured after getting bitch slapped by a QB.

Nice knowing you Woods.

Our starters from last year even make bad 3rd string players.

the Talking Can
08-12-2005, 09:00 PM
do we save any money if we cut Woods now?

SNR
08-12-2005, 09:02 PM
If we sell Woods into the African slave market, we can probably afford a couple new lightbulbs to renovate Arrowhead.

Make it happen, Carl!

Dunit35
08-12-2005, 09:02 PM
It looked like he was favoring his pride as he got up. It had to have gotten injured after getting bitch slapped by a QB.

Nice knowing you Woods.

hahaha. ROFL

Mr. Laz
08-12-2005, 09:03 PM
do we save any money if we cut Woods now?

no

june 1st is the date that changes the saving for the cap

Sig Kauffman
08-12-2005, 09:08 PM
If we sell Woods into the African slave market, we can probably afford a couple new lightbulbs to renovate Arrowhead.

Make it happen, Carl!

As bad as Jerome Woods is...why would you even joke about something like that?

Count Zarth
08-12-2005, 09:08 PM
As bad as Jerome Woods is...why would you even joke about something like that?

Because jokes are funny?

Mile High Mania
08-12-2005, 09:10 PM
Well, most jokes are funny... not sure that classifies.

KS Smitty
08-12-2005, 09:17 PM
The scrubs of the scrubs are playing right now and we're watching Jerome Woods, Eric Warfield, William Bartee, and Scott Fujita...all of whom started last year.

Jerome Woods gives up a long 3rd down. Big surprise.

OK, this is something I've been giving some thought to......

What if it isn't the players but it's the ..............................................

(I Hate to even suggest it but........................................................)

red pants???????????????????????????????? Semi-seriously, or partially supersticially, when did the D start sucking (regardless of other factors dammit :cuss: )

before OR after the re-donning of the "clown" pants?

Please provide back-up (stats etc)

Iowanian
08-12-2005, 09:35 PM
Woods has lost his heart.....He's done.

The Young LBs have got to learn to maintain their containment assignments.....Griffin, Fox and Johson all were out of position.

I'd like to have seen more reps with Grigsby and Scanlon with some DTs that actually block someone.

Its a tough call at WR.....Horn seems to have the advantage to me, because of his good hands, special teams play, return ability....and Heart.

The last spot or two at WR will be between Horn, Smith and Thorpe.

Brett Williams had better move to Guard.....with the next team he tries to get on with.

Ville has a nice pass rush for a scrub squad DE.

Did Khari Long take any snaps?

I was hella disappointed with Washington and Ambrose vs scrub WRs.

kcjayhawks5
08-12-2005, 09:49 PM
i just went poo poo

BigRedChief
08-12-2005, 10:45 PM
i just went poo poo
http://www.forumspile.com/Newbie-Bad.jpg

SBK
08-13-2005, 02:33 AM
It looked like he was favoring his pride as he got up. It had to have gotten injured after getting bitch slapped by a QB.

Nice knowing you Woods.

Seriously, funniest thing I've read on here in a long long time.....ROFL

greg63
08-13-2005, 02:58 AM
Woods was less than impressive, more like depressive.:shake:

alanm
08-13-2005, 03:15 AM
It makes one cry to realize that a good many of our starters on defense last year may end up being cut. Not cry because their ass will be fired, but cry because they were the best we had. It boggles the mind. :shake:

htismaqe
08-13-2005, 06:20 AM
Woods has lost his heart.....He's done.

The Young LBs have got to learn to maintain their containment assignments.....Griffin, Fox and Johson all were out of position.

I'd like to have seen more reps with Grigsby and Scanlon with some DTs that actually block someone.

Its a tough call at WR.....Horn seems to have the advantage to me, because of his good hands, special teams play, return ability....and Heart.

The last spot or two at WR will be between Horn, Smith and Thorpe.

Brett Williams had better move to Guard.....with the next team he tries to get on with.

Ville has a nice pass rush for a scrub squad DE.

Did Khari Long take any snaps?

I was hella disappointed with Washington and Ambrose vs scrub WRs.

Horn's hands weren't on display last night. He had a couple of really bad drops.

KC Jones
08-13-2005, 08:36 AM
Woods was a damn good safety back in the day. It's sorry to see how far he's slipped. Thanks for all the great memories and laying the wood Jerome.

:toast:

morphius
08-13-2005, 08:45 AM
Woods was a damn good safety back in the day. It's sorry to see how far he's slipped. Thanks for all the great memories and laying the wood Jerome.

:toast:
The report that he was being "mopey" because of competition in camp really makes me think he completely lost his will to play for this team, and I think he proved it last night.

BigRedChief
08-13-2005, 09:14 AM
The report that he was being "mopey" because of competition in camp really makes me think he completely lost his will to play for this team, and I think he proved it last night.

He's got millions of our cap dollars to buy him some happiness. This is football. You got millions to hit someone not be taken out by a 3rd string QB. Embrassing.

morphius
08-13-2005, 09:16 AM
He's got millions of our cap dollars to buy him some happiness. This is football. You got millions to hit someone not be taken out by a 3rd string QB. Embrassing.
It is truly pathetic...

SNR
08-13-2005, 10:34 AM
As bad as Jerome Woods is...why would you even joke about something like that?I'm sorry. I should've realized this Arrowhead renovation project was more serious than I thought.

KC Jones
08-13-2005, 01:11 PM
I'm sorry. I should've realized this Arrowhead renovation project was more serious than I thought.

:hmmm:

Were you perhaps in a comma the last 20-30 years?

If so that might explain a lot - let me see if I can help. There's this thing called political correctness, which means that you can't make any jokes about anything if you're an 'oppressor' or a descendant of oppressors. Certainly the idea of selling a black man in a slave market is way out of bounds. It doesn't matter if it was a joke about how cheap and desparate our football franchise is, or just if it was shock value humor. You can now be charged with hate crimes too - because what someone did only matters so much. Juries and prosecutors now have the power to look into someones heart and mind to know their motivations were and prosecute them on that basis as well as their actions.

As for the other stuff... uh Michael Jackson grew up to be one of the most successful pop stars of all time, then became a freak who had dozens of plastic surgeries, slept in an oxygen chamber, built an amusement park in his backyard, and sleeps with young boys. The Chiefs had some great regular seasons in the 90's but keep losing in the first round. We went to war in the middle east and kicked Iraq's butt (twice). A president nearly got thrown out of office for a BJ in the oval office. and uh... SNL isn't funny anymore.

There were a few other things but I think that pretty well sums it up.

Rain Man
08-13-2005, 01:16 PM
It's funny that this thread was posted. I too was a bit jolted last night when I noticed that three of our four starters late in the third quarter were Warfield, Bartee, and Woods.

Calcountry
08-13-2005, 02:57 PM
Well, most jokes are funny... not sure that classifies.Why the heck not, he didn't even mention Cream of Wheat.

SNR
08-13-2005, 03:07 PM
:hmmm:

Were you perhaps in a comma the last 20-30 years?

If so that might explain a lot - let me see if I can help. There's this thing called political correctness, which means that you can't make any jokes about anything if you're an 'oppressor' or a descendant of oppressors. Certainly the idea of selling a black man in a slave market is way out of bounds. It doesn't matter if it was a joke about how cheap and desparate our football franchise is, or just if it was shock value humor. You can now be charged with hate crimes too - because what someone did only matters so much. Juries and prosecutors now have the power to look into someones heart and mind to know their motivations were and prosecute them on that basis as well as their actions.Did his skin color matter? The fact that he's black didn't even cross my mind when I thought of the joke. If I said let's throw Trent Green into slavery, would you look at my post any differently? You shouldn't have.

If people were offended by this, I'm sorry, but really, one has no reason to be offended by it unless someone one knows is a slave in a foreign country.

Lighten up.

Oh, and go Chiefs.

KC Jones
08-13-2005, 03:59 PM
Did his skin color matter? The fact that he's black didn't even cross my mind when I thought of the joke. If I said let's throw Trent Green into slavery, would you look at my post any differently? You shouldn't have.

If people were offended by this, I'm sorry, but really, one has no reason to be offended by it unless someone one knows is a slave in a foreign country.

Lighten up.

Oh, and go Chiefs.

Dude, I was joking.

BigRedChief
08-13-2005, 04:01 PM
Dude, I was joking.
http://www.forumspile.com/Funnay-People_Think.jpg

SNR
08-13-2005, 04:57 PM
Dude, I was joking.jkLOLkoolkthxbai