PDA

View Full Version : The most impressive player I saw tonight....Kevin Sampson!

KChiefs1
08-12-2005, 10:33 PM
I know Priest & LJ had good games, but looking back on the game the player who stood out to me was Sampson. I watched during one series & he was dominating...once Will Shields returns the combination of those two on the right side will be fun to watch.

the Talking Can
08-12-2005, 10:36 PM
I agree.

Considering he was a 7th round pick last year his performance was amazing.

Meanwhile, our 2nd round pick from last year played with the 4th stringers and scrubs and didn't stand out.

jspchief
08-12-2005, 10:39 PM
I thought he looked good too. Definately a bright spot. Unfortunately, they didn't run to his side very often, so we didn't get to see much run blocking.

Pitt Gorilla
08-12-2005, 10:46 PM
Sampson looked quite good; his footwork, from what I could see, was very good.

Dunit35
08-12-2005, 11:01 PM
very impressed also...I hope he works out...

Halfcan
08-13-2005, 12:09 AM
just don't cut his hair

C-Mac
08-13-2005, 12:18 AM
Ditto :thumb:

Deberg_1990
08-13-2005, 07:58 AM
I dont doubt one decision about the offensive line. If the DV era has done one thing right, its develop outstanding O-Linemen.

Gaz
08-13-2005, 07:59 AM
Yep.

xoxo~
Gaz
Very pleased.

Rain Man
08-13-2005, 12:45 PM
Any more room on the bandwagon? I'd like to climb aboard.

Rain Man
08-13-2005, 12:47 PM
Meanwhile, our 2nd round pick from last year played with the 4th stringers and scrubs and didn't stand out.

I think he stood out. I was watching and saying, "Who's the only guy not getting any penetration?" He's really noticeable.

Reaper16
08-13-2005, 12:50 PM
Star says Sampson's on the injury report with right turf toe. Darn the luck.

BigChiefFan
08-13-2005, 12:51 PM
He looked great. He definitely showed he's got the edge on being the starting RT at this point. I'm glad to see him working out so well. We seriously need to get him signed up long-term. Here's the bio from the Chiefs website...
Position
Tackle
Height
6-4
Weight
Years Experience
Birthdate
6/19/1981
Hometown
Westwood, NJ
College
Syracuse
Current status
Active
Games Started
Games Played
KEVIN SAMPSON #79
Pro Career
Promising offensive tackle who joined Kansas City as the club’s seventh-round pick (231st overall) in 2004 … Physical blocker who has the ability to play both offensive tackle positions, but is expected to battle for time at the club’s right tackle post this season … Owns a large wingspan and the ability to use his leverage against opponents … With his stance and blocking style, reminds some in the Chiefs organization of another former seventh-round Kansas City draft choice, longtime G Dave Szott … Possesses an aggressive attitude in the running game and also has the mobility to work in the Chiefs screen game … Enjoyed an impressive training camp in 2004 and should continue to develop under the direction of offensive line coaches Mike Solari and Irv Eatman … Played in six games as a rookie, including four contests late in the year … Worked primarily as a third tackle in short-yardage situations, but also saw game action at both right and left tackle.
Transactions: Signed a three-year contract with Kansas City (6/16/04) ... Entered the NFL as a seventh-round selection (231st overall) of Kansas City in the 2004 NFL Draft.

Games Played/Games Started: 2004 (6/0) — 6/0.

Played in six games on special teams and saw duty in four games on offense … Was inactive for 10 games … Played in his first NFL game on the placement protection team vs. San Diego (11/28) ... Played on special teams at Oakland (12/5) ... Saw duty in the club’s jumbo package and on special teams at Tennessee (12/13) ... Appeared as a reserve at LT and on special teams vs. Denver (12/19) .... Played in the club’s jumbo package and on special teams vs. Oakland (12/25) ... Played the second half at RT in place of an injured T Jordan Black at San Diego (1/2/05).
College Bio
Played in 44 games (24 starts) at Syracuse, blocking for a 1,000-yard rusher all four years … Was a starter his final two seasons, opening 23 games at right tackle and one contest at left tackle … Started 12 games at right tackle as a senior … Was one of only 13 players to start all 12 games … Received Syracuse’s Pat Miller Award for Outstanding Student and Citizen … Blocked for RB Walter Reyes, who set a single-season school record with 20 rushing TDs … Started all 12 games, opening 11 contests at right tackle and one game at left tackle his junior campaign … Was one of eight Syracuse players to start every game … A member of an offensive line that paved the way for Reyes to rush for 1,135 yards and 17 TDs … Played in all 14 games as a sophomore, alternating at right tackle with starter Giovanni DeLoatch … Also played on the placement protection teams … Saw action in six games as a redshirt freshman, starting at right tackle vs. Miami … Was a double-major in Information Management and Technology, as well as Sociology.