PDA

View Full Version : DV Postgame press conference

tk13
08-12-2005, 10:00 PM
Between his press conference and KCFX interview, here's a few tidbits...

Said he was "very concerned" about Robert Holcombe, no word on how serious his knee injury is yet though.

Seemed to think Todd Collins will be okay (took a helmet to the hand), initial X-rays on his hand were negative, but he'll have an MRI to double check.

Asked if he thought Priest played well, said "I think you can answer that".

Said Larry Johnson looked good out there...

Pleased with Kevin Sampson at RT, had no problems.

Looked like D. Johnson did some good things out there, some bad things. Will look at the film to get a better idea on how he played.

Didn't specifically gameplan for Culpepper, his mobility hurt us, he's a good QB, made some g

Just like last year in the 1st preseason game, got gashed for a big run on a 3rd and short play. Said that's the easiest type of big play to fix, had a problem with gap control on the play. Gotta fix it.

Too many penalties (14)...

Seemed pretty satisfied with Colquitt. Said he had maybe one bad punt but otherwise was good.

Said Tynes has been hit and miss all camp, always seems to miss one somewhere. Did a great job on kickoffs, except for the one out of bounds, which was "junior high football", totally unacceptable. Didn't seem to act like he was going to bring anyone in for competition, still thinks he is a good kicker, he just needs to work through it.

Said Eric Hicks is definitely the heart and soul of this team. Definite Ring of Famer. Okay, I made that one up. Everything else is about as accurate as I could hear it though.

If anybody else heard anything, feel free to add.

Chiefnj
08-12-2005, 10:03 PM
He used the word "flash" a lot.

KCChiefsFan88
08-12-2005, 10:10 PM
Eric Hicks "Ring of Famer" ?

Uhhhhhh no

KS Smitty
08-12-2005, 10:14 PM
Eric Hicks "Ring of Famer" ?

Uhhhhhh no

:banghead: That says a lot for our future, doesn't it...