PDA

View Full Version : Did James Kilian Play?

Otter
08-12-2005, 10:00 PM
Our 7th round QB draft pick from Tulsa?

If so how did he look? I fell asleep shortly after the game started, sounds like it may have been for the best.

Dunit35
08-12-2005, 10:02 PM
yea late in 4th..he ran a TD..

Chiefnj
08-12-2005, 10:04 PM
On the radio it sounded like he was lucky he didn't have a few picks because he was telegraphing his throws. He apparently kept the ball moving by taking a few late hits.

Wile_E_Coyote
08-12-2005, 10:05 PM
yea late in 4th..he ran a TD..

Len Dawson's play of the game

B_Ambuehl
08-12-2005, 10:06 PM
To me he looks like a guy that can eventually play in this league with some time. He was moving around pretty good back there and his mechanics look much better then Huards IMO.

Wile_E_Coyote
08-12-2005, 10:08 PM
my tv screen went black for most of his drive, just sound :cuss:

C-Mac
08-12-2005, 10:36 PM
To me he looks like a guy that can eventually play in this league with some time. He was moving around pretty good back there and his mechanics look much better then Huards IMO.

Ditto, thought he looked crisper than Huard too.
Not sure there was anything really negative about him.

Tuckdaddy
08-13-2005, 05:46 AM
Huard really stunk

Otter
08-13-2005, 06:22 AM
Huard really stunk

Good, I hope Killian takes his spot at 3rd string backup. If the talent is there all we need is him playing in the same offense for 2 or 3 years (about what Green left has in the tank) and he might be ready to take over when the time comes.

The situation isn't high profile because Green's been so solid but the backup QB situation isn't exactly pretty. Unless of course Collins could hit the ground running after 7 years of carrying clipboard.

Thanks for the feedback.

RedandGold
08-13-2005, 06:56 AM
I liked what I saw in Killian considering the limited playing time he received. Yes, he needs some work, but I would rather see a guy with potential as our #3 QB than someone like Huard who hasn't shown anything.

kcchuck
08-13-2005, 07:48 AM
He looked like a rookie, but his arm looked better then Huard, and you have to love a QB willing to take a shot to the body to get the TD.

jspchief
08-13-2005, 07:51 AM
I liked what I saw in Killian considering the limited playing time he received. Yes, he needs some work, but I would rather see a guy with potential as our #3 QB than someone like Huard who hasn't shown anything.I thought Huard and Collins both looked bad last night. Collins looked scared in the pocket, and was timid with a lot of his throws. Huard looked comfortable in the pocket, but made a lot of bad reads and projected a lot of his throws.

Obviously it's hard to put too much stock in Kilian's play considering the talent he was facing, but I thought he looked pretty comfortable out there. Just appeared more natural than our other back-ups.