PDA

View Full Version : Was J. C. Pearson actually watching the game?

KC Margarita Man
08-13-2005, 07:42 AM
In one five minute span, just before the half when the Viking receiver trapped the ball, yes it was clearly a trap. JC spouted off for several minutes about the penalty on the play wondering why it was reviewable. I was screaming, " because the receiver trapped the ball you idiot!" Then he goes on about the receiver not making the catch, then finally states that he guesses the refs ruled the ball was caught. Five minutes of pure garbage. If he wants to be a color man he's got to be more aware of what's actually going on.

Electric
08-13-2005, 07:44 AM
In one five minute span, just before the half when the Viking receiver trapped the ball, yes it was clearly a trap. JC spouted off for several minutes about the penalty on the play wondering why it was reviewable. I was screaming, " because the receiver trapped the ball you idiot!" Then he goes on about the receiver not making the catch, then finally states that he guesses the refs ruled the ball was caught. Five minutes of pure garbage. If he wants to be a color man he's got to be more aware of what's actually going on.

I questioned whether any of them were actually watching the game. It seemed like they were trying to impress someone of their talents. I, for one, didn't see any announcing talent in the game whatsoever.

tomahawk kid
08-13-2005, 08:03 AM

Jayice is a great guy in person, but he's just not a NFL caliber commentator.

jspchief
08-13-2005, 08:08 AM
Yea, the announcers suck. It still beats the horrible coverage that the NFL network was trying to do though.

milkman
08-13-2005, 08:26 PM
Yea, the announcers suck. It still beats the horrible coverage that the NFL network was trying to do though.

Are you talking about that, what do they call it? No Huddle?

Jumping from game to game.

That was just freakin' pathetic.

Screw that.
You're showing all the games at some point anyway.

Just pick one game to go with live, and stick with.

I really like the idea of the NFL Network in theory, but in practice, the way these guys run it just blows.

Mr. Laz
08-13-2005, 08:45 PM
Jayice is a great guy in person, but he's just not a NFL caliber commentator.

agreed ... at least not calling the chiefs

he seems like he was so ready to spout "canned" replies about a certain player that it didn't matter if the reply actually fit to the play.