PDA

View Full Version : Hype-ometer

Zebedee DuBois
08-13-2005, 08:53 AM
Based upon what we saw last night, which players lived up to the hype we've been hearing from training camp?

Colquitt - yes, he seems to be "all that and a bag of chips"
Tynes- yes, they said he was inconsistent. He is. A couple of great kick offs and then an odd looking thing that rolls out of bounds. AND he missed a field goal.
Holmes - yes, they said he was back to form and he looked back to form
L. Johnson - yes, we have a great one-two punch at RB
K. Wilson - no, he had some drops in traffic.
Sampson - yes, he looked pretty good.
R. Sims - can't tell. They said he was a new man and he got some pushes, but they didn't seem to produce.
D. Johnson - can't tell. His hype has been huge and he still looks like he can deliver on that hype, but he also looks like a rookie at times - out of place. The amount of hype may be unrealistic to live up to at this point.
R. Scanlon - OK the hype is local to this board, and since he didn't create cold fusion, save orphans, while decimating the Vikings backfield - and did not look 20 feet tall - he didn't live up to hype. :)
Kawika Mitchell - yes, They've said he was more comfortable, and on top of plays, and I think he looked more involved than last year.
Surtain - yes, a couple of great hits.

the Talking Can
08-13-2005, 08:56 AM
Fox - no, he was pretty bad

Thorpe -???...he didn't run great routes but he showed good speed and hands

Wilkerson - no, coaches raved about him and he didn't do much

penguinz
08-13-2005, 09:01 AM
K. Wilson - no, he had some drops in traffic.

The drops I saw where becuase of poor throws from the QB.

wolfpack0735
08-13-2005, 09:49 AM
from what i saw on tivo, (had to work) i`d say cut haurd! he cant throw at all. i dont care if the 3rd string line was in there or not. they were going up against the vikes 3rd also. the 4th qb(kline?) had alot of heart. give him more reps.

Ari Chi3fs
08-13-2005, 10:03 AM
Id agree with wolfpack... Keep Kilian, and cut Huard. Although with 0dd t0dd hurting... its hard to say, I do like what I saw with Kilian, though. He did help with our only TD drive.

jiveturkey
08-13-2005, 10:13 AM
Id agree with wolfpack... Keep Kilian, and cut Huard. Although with 0dd t0dd hurting... its hard to say, I do like what I saw with Kilian, though. He did help with our only TD drive.
We can keep Huard and put Kilian on the PS giving us 4 QB's.

Zebedee DuBois
08-13-2005, 10:17 AM
I was wondering what happend to Casey Clausen from last year...I thought he was on our Practice Squad.
Also, Joe Hall..a pounding FB who could catch, if I remember correctly, wasn't he on our PS as well?

Rain Man
08-13-2005, 10:54 AM
Kilian about gave me a heart attack with that floater into the end zone. That was one step from being a 101-yard interception return. I liked some other things I saw from him, but I didn't necessarily think he looked better than Huard.

chop
08-13-2005, 11:07 AM
Kilian about gave me a heart attack with that floater into the end zone. That was one step from being a 101-yard interception return. I liked some other things I saw from him, but I didn't necessarily think he looked better than Huard.

It doesn't matter if he looked better. If neither distinguished himself from the other, then you go with the potential. If you think that Kilian doesn't have potential then you give it to the guy with more experience.

Zebedee DuBois
08-13-2005, 12:49 PM
It doesn't matter if he looked better. If neither distinguished himself from the other, then you go with the potential. If you think that Kilian doesn't have potential then you give it to the guy with more experience.
Potential vs. Experience

Sounds like a poll.

BigChiefFan
08-13-2005, 12:51 PM
Huard didn't look bad, but Killian looked more like a competitor out of the two. I hope we get some big leads so we can see more out of Huard and Killian this PS.

Mojo Rising
08-13-2005, 02:36 PM
I thought Sapp looked bad. I hope he is not the starter for the first 4 games.

beer bacon
08-13-2005, 02:39 PM
I thought Sapp looked bad. I hope he is not the starter for the first 4 games.

On the 33 yard TD pass to Burleson he messed up. I guess he got off his man when Culpepper got flushed out of the pocket. It was also pretty troubling that Sapp was covering Burleson for any reason.

Saulbadguy
08-13-2005, 02:42 PM
He didn't look any better.

SNR
08-13-2005, 03:16 PM
I thought Sapp looked bad. I hope he is not the starter for the first 4 games.At least he's aggressive. Dexter McPassOn is no better

Mr. Laz
08-13-2005, 03:35 PM
Kawika Mitchell - yes, They've said he was more comfortable, and on top of plays, and I think he looked more involved than last year..

he had 2 tackles ... how involved could he be?

Mojo Rising
08-14-2005, 01:50 AM
He was aggressively behind Burrelson by 5 yards before he caught the ball and then he aggressively over ran him when Burrelson made his move. He also aggressively pressured Culpepper as Culpepper scanned the field and took a moment to decide who to throw to. The only reason it took so long was that their plan was to throw to whoever Sapp was covering and Sapp blitzed so he had to check down.

penchief
08-14-2005, 10:00 AM

The problem with the practice squad is that we can lose those players. We stole Tony Richardson from the Cowboys' practice squad.

If Kilian shows the kind of intangibles that you like in a quarterback or a leader, then I would recommend keeping him on the roster over somebody who won't help us in the short term or the long term.

mlyonsd
08-14-2005, 10:03 AM
The problem with the practice squad is that we can lose those players. We stole Tony Richardson from the Cowboys' practice squad.

If Kilian shows the kind of intangibles that you like in a quarterback or a leader, then I would recommend keeping him on the roster over somebody who won't help us in the short term or the long term.

Thanks, I wondered how that worked. I wasn't sure if being named to PS meant they were off limits to other teams.