PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Radio Change

blsilks
08-13-2005, 09:58 AM
We need to get rid of Dawson and Holthus. They lack charisma. We donít owe Holthus a thing and Dawson lost in Superbowl 1. Who cares about Superbowl 4? Superbowl 1 was the Superbowl that we had to win. Thanks to Dawson we were the first the first team in NFL history to lose a Superbowl. Lets can their butts and clean up chiefs radio.

ChiefsCountry
08-13-2005, 10:01 AM
Why? Holthus is one of the best in the NFL. Best announcer in this region.

siberian khatru
08-13-2005, 10:02 AM
Two more busts on Carl's resume.

Buster's Dad
08-13-2005, 10:03 AM
We need to get rid of Dawson and Holthus. They lack charisma. We donít owe Holthus a thing and Dawson lost in Superbowl 1. Who cares about Superbowl 4? Superbowl 1 was the Superbowl that we had to win. Thanks to Dawson we were the first the first team in NFL history to lose a Superbowl. Lets can their butts and clean up chiefs radio.

We should can your butt and Clean up this board ,''NOOB'' :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

FloridaChief
08-13-2005, 10:04 AM

Stay classy, asshat...

BigRedChief
08-13-2005, 10:10 AM

Dissing a local Chief legend is never a good thing.
http://www.forumspile.com/Die-Go_try_this.jpg

Manila-Chief
08-13-2005, 11:28 AM
Why? Holthus is one of the best in the NFL. Best announcer in this region.

You are kidding me? Right!!!

I agree with blsilks ... at least as far as Holthus is concerned. I do not like his announcing. The most important thing an announcer does is describe the action on the field of play.

This turkey will tell about a play starting ... mention the ball carrier ... the defender ... then go into 5 minutes of the school he attended, who his parents are, his girl friends name, etc. ... and about the time the next play starts he will finally give the yardage gained/yard marker/how much more for the first down.

When a play starts I want to hear what is happening on the field not a social lesson and I want to know if we got the first down or how many yards on the play, etc. or how much yards we gave up. Then he can do all the talking he wants. There was one play today ... he was talking about something ... there was a roar from the crowd and Lenny said ug oh ... and Mitch finally told us what was going on.

What is your game source? Mine is only internet radio. If you can see the T.V. and turn the sound down then you will think he is great. All I have to "see" the game is this turkey and it is a poor vision.

Chan93lx50
08-13-2005, 11:30 AM

Huh????

You are a dick!

T-post Tom
08-13-2005, 11:58 AM

Smells like a closet donk fan.

jspchief
08-13-2005, 01:13 PM
We need to get rid of Dawson and Holthus. They lack charisma. We donít owe Holthus a thing and Dawson lost in Superbowl 1. Who cares about Superbowl 4? Superbowl 1 was the Superbowl that we had to win. Thanks to Dawson we were the first the first team in NFL history to lose a Superbowl. Lets can their butts and clean up chiefs radio.Just when I think i've read the stupidest post ever, some retard comes in and raises the bar again. Your mom should have laid off the acid when she was pregnant with you.

Count Alex's Losses
08-13-2005, 01:15 PM
You're absolutely nuts. Holthus is a terrific play by play man, and Dawson is great to listen to for color.

Luzap
08-13-2005, 01:15 PM

I agree with blsilks ... at least as far as Holthus is concerned. I do not like his announcing. The most important thing an announcer does is describe the action on the field of play.

This turkey will tell about a play starting ... mention the ball carrier ... the defender ... then go into 5 minutes of the school he attended, who his parents are, his girl friends name, etc. ... and about the time the next play starts he will finally give the yardage gained/yard marker/how much more for the first down.

When a play starts I want to hear what is happening on the field not a social lesson and I want to know if we got the first down or how many yards on the play, etc. or how much yards we gave up. Then he can do all the talking he wants. There was one play today ... he was talking about something ... there was a roar from the crowd and Lenny said ug oh ... and Mitch finally told us what was going on.

What is your game source? Mine is only internet radio. If you can see the T.V. and turn the sound down then you will think he is great. All I have to "see" the game is this turkey and it is a poor vision.

I have to agree with this ~ but I don'twant him or Lenny replaced...

These guys are very knowledgable about the Chiefs and I like that. I think the problem is that because they are so close to the organization Mitch just doesn't get very excited about a pre-season game.

I found it very frustrating listening to the radio and not being able to tell what was going on ~ but I don't ever remember this happening during the regular season.

Luz
wishes they were as starved/excited for Chiefs action as I am...

Terribilis
08-13-2005, 01:18 PM
Two more busts on Carl's resume.
I finally realized your avatar after all this time...
King Crimson, right?

tk13
08-13-2005, 03:21 PM
It's preseason... there's a little bit more filler material in a preseason broadcast. Mitch and Lenny are pretty good I think. I don't listen to a lot of NFL radio teams, but it could be a lot worse. Mitch and Len are so, so, SO far ahead of the Colts radio crew.... it's not even funny. If you listened to a quarter of them doing a game, you'd be begging for Mitch back. Their play-by-play guy is an unabashed homer... he'll scream and yell and act like a nut for good things, if bad things happen he'll instantly be real quiet, sound like a pouting child, and not even describe anything. "Brady... back. Wide open. Touchdown Patriots." And the two analysts are older guys who fumble and stutter around a bunch.

tburg
08-13-2005, 04:18 PM
listen to jayceeee pearson and roger twibill for 5 minutes and you will be begging for lenny and mitch...

Calcountry
08-13-2005, 07:12 PM

What is your game source? Mine is only internet radio. If you can see the T.V. and turn the sound down then you will think he is great. All I have to "see" the game is this turkey and it is a poor vision.Totally irrelevant to the thread, but I have to add my inputs.

this reminded me of the tour bus driver at the San Diego zoo. We were driving arround the zoo passing animal after animal, and you would think we would at least hear the name of the beast, but NOOOO, she was preaching her ecological religion to us about the rain forests disappearing at the rate of 1 acre a second. Chiot, at that rate they should all be gone now.

BigRedChief
08-13-2005, 07:17 PM
Totally irrelevant to the thread, but I have to add my inputs.

this reminded me of the tour bus driver at the San Diego zoo. We were driving arround the zoo passing animal after animal, and you would think we would at least hear the name of the beast, but NOOOO, she was preaching her ecological religion to us about the rain forests disappearing at the rate of 1 acre a second. Chiot, at that rate they should all be gone now.
I went out there last year thought the same thing. Uncanny but anyway
http://www.forumspile.com/Hijack-No.gif

Manila-Chief
08-13-2005, 07:44 PM
Totally irrelevant to the thread, but I have to add my inputs.

Please tell me why it is, "Totally irrelevant?" The thread is about replacing the announcers on the radio broadcast.

I admit that Mitch is okay at describing the play ... but he leaves out the most important part --- yards gained/lost.

tk13, I agree fully. I want them to be professional. There is nothing worse than a homer on the mike. Guess I was spoiled with Buddy Blattner/Denny Matthews/etc.

I do not want to replace Lenny. He will tell it like it is. That is what we need to hear.

I ask again... what is your source of "watching" the Chiefs? It makes a big difference if it is only via the radio!!!!

Ozarks-Chiefs-Fan
08-13-2005, 07:51 PM

you are a moron

Dayze
08-13-2005, 08:28 PM
I've boycotted the radio broadcasts until Gretz is gone.

Manila-Chief
08-14-2005, 01:09 AM
I've boycotted the radio broadcasts until Gretz is gone.

I agree with the meaning of your post. He is certainly not a brigh spot on the broadcast. But, I can't! Radio is all I have!

J Diddy
08-14-2005, 01:15 AM
I agree with the meaning of your post. He is certainly not a brigh spot on the broadcast. But, I can't! Radio is all I have!

You should get one of those people who translate in sign language. That would rule.

Logical
08-14-2005, 01:35 AM
I would settle for listening to Dawson if he were live. I must admit he tends to be a little lackluster as a color commentator most of the time. Certainly he is no Hank Stram as a color commentator.