PDA

View Full Version : Telegraphing the Blitz

Zebedee DuBois
08-13-2005, 10:30 AM
On a couple of plays last night, we were clearly going to blitz a couple defensive guys. The Vikings oline stopped them cold and made yardage. I recall this from last year as well. If we are going to blitz, it needs to be disruptive. Is it poor execution that the blitz is so obvious? Are we intentionally showing the blitz?

...and who uses telegraphs in this day and age....shouldn't they be IMing the blitz?

eazyb81
08-13-2005, 10:34 AM
I heard our T-Mobile Sidekicks weren't working properly, which caused us to telegraph the blitzes.

deadbabyseal
08-13-2005, 10:52 AM
_... ._.. .. _ _ _..

Malcor
08-13-2005, 10:53 AM
This enrages me...absolutely nuts. How many times do we show a blitz, watch the QB audible for it...and then blitz exactly where we showed it?

No fake blitzes. No adjustments when the QB audibles. Nothing.

I don't get it.

CoMoChief
08-13-2005, 11:02 AM
I remember a couple times DJ blitzed from the outside and just plowed over the fullback who was blocking for Daunte.

Zebedee DuBois
08-13-2005, 11:09 AM
Is our defensive play designed to show the blitz or is it poor execution that we showed the blitz?

Bowser
08-13-2005, 11:13 AM
Is our defensive play designed to show the blitz or is it poor execution that we showed the blitz?

I'm going to guess that whatever the defensive play that was called was going to be the play that got ran, regardless. I wouldn't know, but you wouldn't think that Gun would want to give up his audible calls for everyone to see in the preseason. And look at our blitzes - they were all pretty basic.

I am not going to worry just yet.

eazyb81
08-13-2005, 11:16 AM
I remember a couple times DJ blitzed from the outside and just plowed over the fullback who was blocking for Daunte.

It's so funny how people can watch the same game yet see things completely differently.

I thought DJ made some great plays on D last night, but I was talking to some Minnesota fans and they were acting like Kleinsasser (the Vikes FB) dominated DJ all night and didn't let him do a thing. :rolleyes:

Bowser
08-13-2005, 11:17 AM
It's so funny how people can watch the same game yet see things completely differently.

I thought DJ made some great plays on D last night, but I was talking to some Minnesota fans and they were acting like Kleinsasser (the Vikes FB) dominated DJ all night and didn't let him do a thing. :rolleyes:

Of course they were. Kleinsasser is the next coming of Jason Dunn, dontchaknow?

Chan93lx50
08-13-2005, 11:29 AM

All night???? they played a quarter and half????

I loved the pop DJ gave Daunte, where was Kleinsasser on that play??

eazyb81
08-13-2005, 11:31 AM
All night???? they played a quarter and half????

I loved the pop DJ gave Daunte, where was Kleinsasser on that play??

Apparently, DJ came in unblocked on that play because Michael Bennett had to choose between him or the other LB coming in.

ROFL

Chan93lx50
08-13-2005, 11:34 AM
Apparently, DJ came in unblocked on that play because Michael Bennett had to choose between him or the other LB coming in.

ROFL

It was great he knocked Culpepper right on his ass!

Could you imagine if that was scrawny Plumber?

Reaper16
08-13-2005, 12:39 PM
It was great he knocked Culpepper right on his ass!

Could you imagine if that was scrawny Plumber?

:drool:

nomad
08-13-2005, 12:55 PM
For some reason, and I had noticed it last year, the LB have consistently tipped their blitzes.

If were not going to get a push fron the front four AND tip our blitzes because of poor execution, this D is gonna get torn a new one .... IMO.

Rick
08-13-2005, 02:43 PM
On a couple of plays last night, we were clearly going to blitz a couple defensive guys. The Vikings oline stopped them cold and made yardage. I recall this from last year as well. If we are going to blitz, it needs to be disruptive. Is it poor execution that the blitz is so obvious? Are we intentionally showing the blitz?

Good point. I'm sure we don't teach it that way but it cost us all year long last year. If it hasn't been a point of emphasis in practice though, they better start because the only way we get pressure on QB's is by blitzing.

...and who uses telegraphs in this day and age....shouldn't they be IMing the blitz?