PDA

View Full Version : 49er's D PWNING The Raiders

petegz28
08-13-2005, 08:30 PM
So far the Raiders running game looks like shit! I know it is pre-season and all but right now the Raiders look like Raiders.

WebGem
08-13-2005, 08:32 PM
Good.

petegz28
08-13-2005, 08:34 PM
I know it is preseason but Collins has already called 2 timeouts and they are 1-2 for FG's. All I have to say at this point anyway is the Raiders better hope their defense got a hell of a lot better.

Tribal Warfare
08-13-2005, 08:36 PM
Is it their OL that looks shitty, or is it Lamont Jordan that's sucking balls.

petegz28
08-13-2005, 08:38 PM
Is it their OL that looks shitty, or is it Lamont Jordan that's sucking balls.

Their OL looks good in pass protection but are giving up a lot of penetration on run plays.

Bwana
08-13-2005, 08:39 PM
As it should be.

petegz28
08-13-2005, 08:47 PM
Well right now th 49ers D is owning the Raiders. I will say all things considered our O looked a lot better than their O. And their D can't brag considering who they are playing.

petegz28
08-13-2005, 10:01 PM
Ok, pre-season in mind we looked better than the Raiders are right now. Including our 3rd string.

Wallcrawler
08-13-2005, 10:07 PM
Im not sure what the Raiders were expecting from their running game.

I mean, come on. You sign a career backup who doesnt even have 1,000 yards for his career and you want to make him your starting running back? Only Al Davis would do something that damned stupid. If he isnt signing 40 year old players, he does something like this. How the Raiders have any fans at all is quite beyond my capacity.

Jordan wont be able to sustain a consistent running game behind that O-line, and the O-line wont be able to protect Kerry Collins when opposing defenses realise that they have no running threat and start just teeing off on his slow ass. If Collins makes it through the season without going on IR, he will be doing very, very well for himself.

Hell, the last QB to play behind that O-line got his shoulder torn up, and then his neck broken in back to back seasons.

I hear that Collins is one of the tougher QBs in the league. It looks like he is going to have a great opportunity to prove that this year.

Logical
08-13-2005, 10:09 PM

I mean, come on. You sign a career backup who doesnt even have 1,000 yards for his career and you want to make him your starting running back? Only Al Davis would do something that damned stupid. If he isnt signing 40 year old players, he does something like this. How the Raiders have any fans at all is quite beyond my capacity.

Jordan wont be able to sustain a consistent running game behind that O-line, and the O-line wont be able to protect Kerry Collins when opposing defenses realise that they have no running threat and start just teeing off on his slow ass. If Collins makes it through the season without going on IR, he will be doing very, very well for himself.

Hell, the last QB to play behind that O-line got his shoulder torn up, and then his neck broken in back to back seasons.

I hear that Collins is one of the tougher QBs in the league. It looks like he is going to have a great opportunity to prove that this year.Yeah, I mean Priest Holmes was a dominant starter when we signed him away from Baltimore. I am not saying things will work out with the Raiders but I would not say the move is a failure yet either.

Count Zarth
08-13-2005, 10:14 PM
Yeah, I mean Priest Holmes was a dominant starter when we signed him away from Baltimore. I am not saying things will work out with the Raiders but I would not say the move is a failure yet either.

Priest had hit 1,000 yards before.

Wallcrawler
08-13-2005, 10:16 PM
Priest was also a starter before, and had shown way more potential in his career than Lamont Jordan ever has.

Billick liked the bigger backs, power running style, so they drafted Jamal Lewis to replace him, and Priest took a reduced role.

beer bacon
08-13-2005, 10:16 PM
I would just like to point out that the phenom Omar Easy has three carries for 19 yards.

HolmeZz
08-13-2005, 10:18 PM
And Lamont got a heftier contract than Priest did.

petegz28
08-13-2005, 10:19 PM
I would just like to point out that the phenom Omar Easy has three carries for 19 yards.

Pro-bowl bound! /sarcasm

KChiefs1
08-13-2005, 10:21 PM
Raiders are making the 49ers look good tonight.

morphius
08-13-2005, 11:10 PM
Odd, the offense doesn't have a flow with jimmy raye as OC? How can that be?

Gravedigger
08-13-2005, 11:42 PM
Gochiefs that pic in your sig is fuggin hilarious for someone who didnt get to watch the game that makes me laugh my ass off to see that

Chiefs Pantalones
08-14-2005, 12:35 AM
The niners D was impressive, the O was terrible. That was to be expected though, with a rookie QB and no talent at WR and a bad Oline. Alex Smith has the slowest delivery in the NFL. If he's going to be anything in this league, he's going to have to get it out faster than that.

It's just the first game, but Collins was same ole' average Collins, and the crappy niners were the crappy niners, except they looked good on D. Just preseason, though.

Ugly Duck
08-14-2005, 06:48 AM
Well right now th 49ers D is owning the Raiders. And their D can't brag considering who they are playing.
1st Half Stats (when the starters are in).....

Net Yards: Oakland 203, SF 39

Time of Pos: Oakland 22.15 min, SF 7.45min

First Downs: Oakland 11, SF 2

3rd Down Efficiency: Oakland 44%, SF 0%

Oh sure... it was only the 9ers. But the stats certainly belie your assertion that SF was "owning" the Raiderz.

neckdemon
08-14-2005, 07:00 AM

I hear that Collins is one of the tougher QBs in the league. It looks like he is going to have a great opportunity to prove that this year.

i have to agree here. being a jets fan i got to see lamont play. there are alot of jets fans who were screaming bloody murder that we didnt start lamont over curtis and that we let lamont go. to me, lamont got all his yards in garbage time. people are in love with him because he is a big runnignback with some speed. but to me he hasnt proven a thing to deserve the contract he expected to get. not onyl that all he did was complain about playing time etc... i was glad we didnt waste the money on him and instead signed blaylock to much more "cap friendly" contract.

tomahawk kid
08-14-2005, 07:09 AM
Well, I guess the Raiders can count on having no offense this season.

Sorry, just trying to join the trend of making snap judgements based on the first preseason game......

penchief
08-14-2005, 08:08 AM
Priest had hit 1,000 yards before.

We could have traded LJ to the Raiders before last season and he would have been an effective starter. The amount of yards Jordan had before he went to the Raiders will have less to do with his success than his ability, IMO.

jspchief
08-14-2005, 08:22 AM
Well, I guess the Raiders can count on having no offense this season.

Sorry, just trying to join the trend of making snap judgements based on the first preseason game......Exactly.

If Chiefs fans are going to use this to predict that the Raiders offense will suck this year, then I assume those same fans have already decided the Chiefs defense will suck too.

I'm to go ahead and wait for a better sample before I write any team off, or hand them the Lombardi.

Garcia Bronco
08-14-2005, 08:24 AM
ahhh hate for the fade....i.e. common ground

Mr. Laz
08-14-2005, 10:51 AM
1st Half Stats (when the starters are in).....

Net Yards: Oakland 203, SF 39

Time of Pos: Oakland 22.15 min, SF 7.45min

First Downs: Oakland 11, SF 2

3rd Down Efficiency: Oakland 44%, SF 0%

Oh sure... it was only the 9ers. But the stats certainly belie your assertion that SF was "owning" the Raiderz.
ignore peteg ... and wallcrawler for that matter

they are clueless

faiders didn't put in the endzone much but they were pretty much dominating that game.

was only the 9'ers though

Ugly Duck
08-14-2005, 12:36 PM
ignore peteg ... and wallcrawler for that matter

they are cluelessThey don't matriculate well.

Wallcrawler
08-14-2005, 02:24 PM
Im clueless for stating that the Raiders taking Lamont Jordan and making him their starter after only being a career backup who doesnt even have 1,000 yards total yet was a questionable move?

Whatever. :rolleyes:

Hydrae
08-14-2005, 05:41 PM
Im clueless for stating that the Raiders taking Lamont Jordan and making him their starter after only being a career backup who doesnt even have 1,000 yards total yet was a questionable move?

Whatever. :rolleyes:

I understand your point but it is a little off:

Year Team G GS Att Yards Avg Lg TD 20+ FD
2001 New York Jets 16 0 39 292 7.5 46 1 3 14
2002 New York Jets 14 0 84 316 3.8 61 3 1 17
2003 New York Jets 16 0 46 190 4.1 39 4 2 14
2004 New York Jets 16 0 93 479 5.2 33 2 3 27
TOTAL 62 0 262 1277 4.9 61 10 9 72

Add another 417 yards receiving in the same 4 years.