PDA

View Full Version : Injuries in Madden NFL 2006 a little too realistic ???

royr17
08-14-2005, 05:08 AM
Playing the first game of the season against the New York Jets. Sammy Knight just got injured and lost him for 8 weeks.

Then Kendrell Bell for 2 quarters.

Followed by Tony Gonzalez for 3 weeks. Dante Hall for a week. Priest Holmes for the game.

Does anybody think those injuries are too realistic ?

royr17
08-14-2005, 05:10 AM
Also a awesome note, Rich Scanlon beat out Kawika Mitchell for the starting MLB spot in my franchise him and DJ are tearing it up in week 1.

Already into the 3rd quarter Scanlon has 8 tackles and DJ has 6.

This game is awesome.

Ultra Peanut
08-14-2005, 05:13 AM
Also a awesome note, Rich Scanlon beat out Kawika Mitchell for the starting MLB spotThat's because you made him a 99 OVR!

htismaqe
08-14-2005, 05:16 AM
Also a awesome note, Rich Scanlon beat out Kawika Mitchell for the starting MLB spot in my franchise him and DJ are tearing it up in week 1.

Already into the 3rd quarter Scanlon has 8 tackles and DJ has 6.

This game is awesome.

And super unrealistic.

royr17
08-14-2005, 05:16 AM
actually i made him Rich Scanlon a 70 overall and he progressed to a 73 overall.

htismaqe
08-14-2005, 05:20 AM
And he beat out Mitchell.

You should play on a harder difficulty level so Scanlon could get cut, like real life.

royr17
08-14-2005, 05:21 AM
And super unrealistic.

Whys that cause Scanlon is better then Mitchell on the game. We all know Scanlon wouldnt start in real life due to DV's woody for Mitchell.

But my team and i'm much more harder to run on with Scanlon in the middle compared to Mitchell who when was in the middle for me just got completely ran over.

royr17
08-14-2005, 05:23 AM
And he beat out Mitchell.

You should play on a harder difficulty level so Scanlon could get cut, like real life.

Umm sorry but im playing on all-madden level, what level you playing on, rookie ???

royr17
08-14-2005, 05:26 AM
The only thing i hate about Madden it doesnt say Scanlons named it refers to have as # 57 with the tackle.

htismaqe
08-14-2005, 05:32 AM
Whys that cause Scanlon is better then Mitchell on the game. We all know Scanlon wouldnt start in real life due to DV's woody for Mitchell.

But my team and i'm much more harder to run on with Scanlon in the middle compared to Mitchell who when was in the middle for me just got completely ran over.

I'm guessing Mitchell's starting because he's BETTER.

htismaqe
08-14-2005, 05:32 AM
The only thing i hate about Madden it doesnt say Scanlons named it refers to have as # 57 with the tackle.

They do that for all of the practice squad players.

htismaqe
08-14-2005, 05:33 AM
Umm sorry but im playing on all-madden level, what level you playing on, rookie ???

I'm not playing Madden this year, massa. I'm playing NCAA.

royr17
08-14-2005, 05:42 AM
I'm guessing Mitchell's starting because he's BETTER.

no its all cause of dv's woody for mitchell.

royr17
08-14-2005, 05:43 AM
I'm not playing Madden this year, massa. I'm playing NCAA.

why aint you playing madden this year ?

its alot better then last years version.

htismaqe
08-14-2005, 05:45 AM
no its all cause of dv's woody for mitchell.

No, it's not.

Did you watch the game the other night? As we all know, preseason is the best indicator of how good someone is. Rich looked lost, against 3rd and 4th-teamers.

htismaqe
08-14-2005, 05:46 AM
why aint you playing madden this year ?

its alot better then last years version.

Because this year's NCAA is alot better than last year's version.

Last year was the first time I bought Madden since 2002, NCAA is just so much more fun. But last year it was buggy, so I got Madden and played it.

royr17
08-14-2005, 05:50 AM
No, it's not.

Did you watch the game the other night? As we all know, preseason is the best indicator of how good someone is. Rich looked lost, against 3rd and 4th-teamers.

Umm, no i couldnt. I dont live in KC.

Over-Head
08-14-2005, 05:51 AM
Hell Iím still playing and trying to unlock the secret codes for Madden 2002 :(

***Not much of a gamer at all

royr17
08-14-2005, 05:57 AM
Hell Iím still playing and trying to unlock the secret codes for Madden 2002 :(

***Not much of a gamer at all

Lol, stuck in a dreamland eh. You need to get the new version its awesome.

royr17
08-14-2005, 07:00 AM
Good gosh the NEW YORK JETS are good on this game this year and David Barrett is really really good.

royr17
08-14-2005, 07:22 AM
Im seriously strugglin against the JETS.

DJ has 4 sacks but i've thrown like 6 Ints. I cant get nothin goin on offense.

This defense is tough as hell.

Bowser
08-14-2005, 07:58 AM

neckdemon just peed his pants with joy.

J Diddy
08-14-2005, 08:06 AM
Because this year's NCAA is alot better than last year's version.

Last year was the first time I bought Madden since 2002, NCAA is just so much more fun. But last year it was buggy, so I got Madden and played it.

I got both, madden is better.

Rent it and give it a try you'll want to buy it.

J Diddy
08-14-2005, 08:07 AM

You have the passing cone on or off?

royr17
08-14-2005, 08:27 AM
i've got the passing cone on. right now im playing the raiders. i lost to the jets 29-20.

DJ has 11 tackles and 4 sacks and Rich had 12 tackles.

royr17
08-14-2005, 08:28 AM
Bad thing i saved the game and it wasnt there so i had to replay it.

I've lost Dante Hall for 5 weeks. Broken Jaw.

Bowser
08-14-2005, 08:31 AM
Bad thing i saved the game and it wasnt there so i had to replay it.

I've lost Dante Hall for 5 weeks. Broken Jaw.

Sounds like you're calling the wrong plays. Don't run Dante on 5 yard crossing routes.

royr17
08-14-2005, 08:39 AM
Sounds like you're calling the wrong plays. Don't run Dante on 5 yard crossing routes.

The Broken Jaw happened on a kickoff return. What happened is i was forcing things under pressure.

royr17
08-14-2005, 08:40 AM
I've just lost Trent Green for 2 quarters so now my QB is Odd Todd.

royr17
08-14-2005, 08:43 AM
Ha ha ha, randy moss is hurt.

Phobia
08-14-2005, 08:45 AM
Umm, no i couldnt. I dont live in KC.

Then how are you ever going to properly evaluate the rookies this season?

royr17
08-14-2005, 08:46 AM
Then how are you ever going to properly evaluate the rookies this season?

Dont know, guess i have to leave it to you buddy. :p

Phobia
08-14-2005, 09:03 AM
Dont know, guess i have to leave it to you buddy. :p

Yeah - like you should have done in '04.

htismaqe
08-14-2005, 09:30 AM
I got both, madden is better.

Rent it and give it a try you'll want to buy it.

I much prefer the college game.

htismaqe
08-14-2005, 09:30 AM
neckdemon just peed his pants with joy.

It's the closest he's gonna get to his defense shutting down the Chiefs.

TRR
08-14-2005, 09:37 AM
I've turned down all injuries to practically nothing. Just adjust the AI...Obviously it needs a fine tuning if that many players are getting hurt.

royr17
08-14-2005, 09:57 AM
Bad thing, I just lost T-Rich for 5 weeks. Looks like Holcombe will be my fullback till T-Rich gets back.

Claynus
08-14-2005, 11:33 AM
Six interceptions? ROFL

ZootedGranny
08-14-2005, 11:47 AM
I've left the injury slider just how it is, and hardly ever come across injuries unless I'm purely simulating.

Though during my 2nd game of my franchise against the Raiders, Gonzo caught a pass and ran Charles Woodson the **** over, giving him a concussion.

And for some unknown reason, Ashley Ambrose is a savage for me, picking off 4 passes in 2 games, with 2 sacks and a forced fumble.

Wallcrawler
08-14-2005, 01:18 PM
Madden has some SERIOUS issues this year, like in every year.

My main gripe that cannot be fixed with sliders is the pursuit level. I posted before that FB Zack Crockett outran my entire defense over the course of 80 yards for a td on a swing pass. The Human pursuit is way too low. Its like if they get past you, its a track meet and youre not catching them. I refuse to believe that Zack Crockett can outrun DJ, Warfield and Surtain over the course of 80 yards. Its ridiculous.

Then, I have Dante Hall on a kick return, noone out in front of me, and Im running full sprint, and yet an 87 speed cornerback can somehow catch 99 speed Dante from behind? How does that work?

I cant seem to fix the punt coverage either. Every time I go to field the punt, my blockers are standing around, watching me catch the ball with 2-3 defenders standing right in front of me. Doesnt matter who I put in there on teams, it still happens almost every time.

The CPU pass blocking is too low on the default setting. On All Madden I piled up 12 sacks with Derrick Johnson, another 2 with Kawika Mitchell, and another one with Bell. The d-line was all over the qb all game, forcing him to go 8/30 for about 50 yards. All you have to do is line up just outside the tackle or tight end, and most of the time you have a free line to the QB for the sack, or a bigtime pressure. You really have to put the CPU blocking way way up just to keep from having 15 sacks per game.

The injuries are a bit too frequent, and too devastating. Ive seen about 5 marquee players go out for their career already, and im only in week 8. I put the injury sliders down to half of what the default setting was.

Overall, Madden still pisses me off with how much they skipped out on AGAIN this year. Still no Defensive Holding penalty, ineligible receiver, illegal touching of the pass. I thought EA's catch phrase was "If its in the game, its in the game"? Apparently not...

Still no list option on challenges either. Hell, many times you arent even given the chance to challenge a scoring play. I thought that I kept Martin from crossing the plane of the goal line, and I wanted to challenge, but the Challenge option wasnt even available to me. They just stuck me with it.

When Green lost the ball on a fumble, with his arm clearly moving forward, I challenged, but just because the ball came out, they upheld the play.

ESPN's game was way out ahead of Madden in the penalties and Challenges department. You can specifically pick what you are wanting to challenge, not just have the Madden AI choose for you what you think you want to challenge.

Presentation this year sucks again, as usual. The same stale commentary, only worse with the new addition Ive heard.

By that I mean, on 4th down Al and John are talking about how the team should go for it, because they need the points and this is a good situation to go for it. The other team fails to convert, and then Al and John are discussing how they cant understand why they went for it.

Pretty sad.

I pretty much just rented this game to take down the stats of the new players, and use that information to accurately give my ESPN game a roster update so I can play it this year.

Madden 06 is better than 05, and the Madden fans should love it, but for me, after playing ESPN I cant help but be aggravated at the little things that EA has ignored for yet another year.

oaklandhater
08-14-2005, 01:25 PM
when I played madden 2006 Trent got a career injury from Asomugha :(

|Zach|
08-14-2005, 01:27 PM
Then how are you ever going to properly evaluate the rookies this season?Fox is going to put on about 15 lbs of muscle.

Valiant
08-14-2005, 01:41 PM
Bad thing, I just lost T-Rich for 5 weeks. Looks like Holcombe will be my fullback till T-Rich gets back.

Its prolly karma for you starting scanlon, it is just not natural...