PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Vs. Cardinals

Halfcan
08-15-2005, 11:27 PM
I predict a win, and a major defensive effort. If the Cardinals come in here and push our D. around, it is time to panic. Any Predictions???

Phobia
08-15-2005, 11:33 PM
I predict the Cardinals will come in here and push our D. around and there will be panic.

alanm
08-15-2005, 11:33 PM
Is it Saturday already. Damn this was a fast week.

Reaper16
08-15-2005, 11:35 PM
It might be more of a test than we hope. I expect (hope for) a great comeback showing on run defense, but Boldin/Fitzgerald/Johnson could give our CBs not named "Surtain" fits. I do agree, though, that our D will have a much better showing. Especially with Gunther at edge all this week at practice. :)

Vegas_Dave
08-15-2005, 11:45 PM
It all depends on the D Line. I saw some things out of both Johnson and Mitchell against Minn that Really excited me.

The pass coverage seemed to be OK, we just need some pressure on the QB... near the end of the 1st team being in there, I saw several times where we got a push (usually a DJ Blitz) that really screwed with Culpeppers ability to sit back and wait for his WR to get open.

We will see. I think AZ is going to be a playoff team this year, and they had a damn good draft.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-15-2005, 11:45 PM
Rule 150 Section IV of ChiefsPlanet...

Never will there be predicting preseason games. They don't mean sh!t.

Rule 1 Section I of ChiefsPlanet...

Noobs are teh ghey.

Halfcan
08-15-2005, 11:49 PM
Lol phobia-mass panic, anarchy, Arrowhead empty after the first quarter, scalpers jumping out windows, Carl Peterson telling the truth, Gunther giving hugs and lolipops, chaos I tell you....
Nope I expect our D to play with some heart this week. The Allen demotion should have gotton some peoples attention-Gun wants results. I expect Junior "Spithood" Slavil to still look fat and slow, I am optimistic but not crazy.

Logical
08-16-2005, 12:48 AM
I expect another poor performance, preparing at this point in the preseason just does not seem important to any of these coaches. We might win but expect it to be lackluster.

BigMeatballDave
08-16-2005, 01:28 AM
This is an exercize in futility, but I predict a shut-out by the 1st team. Look for swiss cheese from our scrubs...

BigVE
08-16-2005, 03:52 AM
Remember....its supposed to be a whole new revamped offense in Az this year. Who better to practice on than OUR D? I think we will make their little rookie Rb look like Priest Jr.

DaWolf
08-16-2005, 04:29 AM
I anticipate our defense will suck and I have no reason to believe otherwise until I see otherwise. I'm from the #@$%ing "Show Me State" so those #@$%ers better start showing me something.

That said, I won't start panicking...

Saulbadguy
08-16-2005, 05:36 AM
I predict I will have a beef and ham sandwich and fries, with a red creme soda from Bryants.

I also predict that I will have a good time at the game.

I predict if Brando is there, i'll make fun of him somehow.

Reaper16
08-16-2005, 11:18 AM
I thought of another thing. We'll be matched up against a relative mirror of our own offense, in terms of scheme. Keith Rowan, our previous TE coach, is thier offensive coordinator now. (Then again, we all know how this approach worked for Terry Shea and the Bears)

TRR
08-16-2005, 11:25 AM
A lot of Preseason success depends upon how aggressive the coaches want to be, and if they've actually gameplanned for their opponent. Everyone panicked last season when Ron Dayne gashed the D for our 1st Preseason game. Then Gun gamplanned against the Rams, blitzing down after down, and made the D look like Baltimore's.

If they line up in a base D again, and play vanilla D all game, then the Cardinals may push us around...all and all, Preseason football means nothing.

Stinger
08-16-2005, 11:34 AM
I predict something will happen and a lot of people will panic no matter what it is good or bad.

kcjayhawks5
08-16-2005, 01:13 PM
I predict that I watch the first quarter, then turn the TV off and walk away with disgust.

Halfcan
08-16-2005, 01:25 PM
LOL kcj that is what I should have done last week, but then I would have missed all the snappy comentary by Jaycee Peason

Dr. Johnny Fever
08-16-2005, 01:27 PM
Any Predictions???
I predict that the team that scores more points will ultimately be the winner.

Carlota69
08-16-2005, 02:45 PM
It all depends on the D Line. I saw some things out of both Johnson and Mitchell against Minn that Really excited me.

The pass coverage seemed to be OK, we just need some pressure on the QB... near the end of the 1st team being in there, I saw several times where we got a push (usually a DJ Blitz) that really screwed with Culpeppers ability to sit back and wait for his WR to get open.

We will see. I think AZ is going to be a playoff team this year, and they had a damn good draft.

Hey Vegas Dave,

I gotta tell ya, it sure is weird to be rummaging around in here and come across my own picture. It kind of startled me..;-)

Where are you watching the games this year? Have you made it to Hurricanes Bar and Grill--The Vegas home of the Chiefs?

BY the way, you should of seen what really happened to that ice cream... :)

Dayze
08-16-2005, 09:00 PM
Rule 150 Section IV of ChiefsPlanet...

Never will there be predicting preseason games. They don't mean sh!t.

Rule 1 Section I of ChiefsPlanet...

Noobs are teh ghey.
ROFL

milkman
08-16-2005, 09:08 PM
I predict that one of these days, and I'm taking a giant leap of faith here, Halfcan will spell Junior's last name correctly.

plbrdude
08-16-2005, 09:13 PM
after the 1st qtr nothin else matter. it's just a glorified scrimmage that sells alot of tickets.

Halfcan
08-16-2005, 09:20 PM
Hey Sidewinder-did you not see the thread Wesley and Slavil-that is why I put that-read it and I predict you will understand why I continue to spell spithoods name wrong.

milkman
08-16-2005, 09:23 PM
Hey Sidewinder-did you not see the thread Wesley and Slavil-that is why I put that-read it and I predict you will understand why I continue to spell spithoods name wrong.

OK, gotcha!

Halfcan
08-16-2005, 09:33 PM
No way I could spell Juniors first name though- susualopapoli?

milkman
08-17-2005, 06:18 AM
No way I could spell Juniors first name though- susualopapoli?

I believe the correct spelling is S-O-U-S-E-D. :)