PDA

View Full Version : Just switched my political party.....

Kraut
08-18-2005, 09:35 AM
I just sent in my voter registration form yesterday. I have been so pissed at the so called conservative Republicans that I had to get the hell away from the party. When I told all my Dem and Lib friends that their eyes lit up. I guess they thought I was coming over to the dark side. Their hope was shattered when I told them I had changed over to the Constitutional Party :) I feel much better now that I did this. Our two party system has become an absolute joke. Both sides care only about the next election. I know that my new party has no chance at all at making a difference at this point in our history. But at least I am being true to myself. Thanks for letting me rant and rave a bit....

Taco John
08-18-2005, 09:41 AM
Congratulations. The Constitutional Party is a great ideal. I read a lot about Petrouka this past election, and he has some very noble ideas about how this country should be run.

Mr. Kotter
08-18-2005, 09:41 AM
I just sent in my voter registration form yesterday. I have been so pissed at the so called conservative Republicans that I had to get the hell away from the party. When I told all my Dem and Lib friends that their eyes lit up. I guess they thought I was coming over to the dark side. Their hope was shattered when I told them I had changed over to the Constitutional Party :) I feel much better now that I did this. Our two party system has become an absolute joke. Both sides care only about the next election. I know that my new party has no chance at all at making a difference at this point in our history. But at least I am being true to myself. Thanks for letting me rant and rave a bit....

I ought to join you, by leaving the Dems and officially becoming Independent....

But hope springs eternal, maybe the Moonbats will be driven into hiding....and we can reclaim the party. We gotta keep our "eye on the prize..."

Uatu
08-18-2005, 09:43 AM
Good work. They seem like a good party with good ideas.

What does "changing your registration" do anyway? When is that information ever used?

Mr. Kotter
08-18-2005, 09:45 AM
Good work. They seem like a good party with good ideas.

What does "changing your registration" do anyway? When is that information ever used?

It means he can only vote in the general election; IIRC, NY primaries are "closed."

RINGLEADER
08-18-2005, 09:45 AM
Congrats!

Still waiting for a third-party with a chance to win though...

Mr. Kotter
08-18-2005, 09:49 AM
Congrats!

I figure maybe, 2250 or so.....if they are lucky. :hmmm:

KCTitus
08-18-2005, 09:49 AM
I hear ya, I switched to the Green Party a while back because I was sick and tired of corporations running everything.

Kraut
08-18-2005, 09:50 AM
Congrats!

Me too!!! I think there is hope. Don't get me wrong there is still some Republicans out there that I like. But the list is getting short.

Kraut
08-18-2005, 09:57 AM
I ought to join you, by leaving the Dems and officially becoming Independent....

But hope springs eternal, maybe the Moonbats will be driven into hiding....and we can reclaim the party. We gotta keep our "eye on the prize..."
For a while now I have been bitching about my party. I tried to write to certain bigwigs in the party only to get letters back telling me that I was not in step with what the Republican leadership was trying to do. So I finally said to hell with the leadership. Even though this step is a small one in the overall scheme of things, if all of us who are upset with our system take this small step it will turn into one giant one.