PDA

View Full Version : Woman Gets Cable Bill With Derogatory Name.

Kclee
08-19-2005, 01:20 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050818/ap_on_fe_st/nasty_bill;_ylt=ApHus4hqGgJCezyBhlGHrums0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTA3ODdxdHBhBHNlYwM5NjQ-

The 'Scrotum Bag' part cracked me up.

CHICAGO - LaChania Govan said she got bounced around by her cable company when she called to complain. She made dozens of calls and was even transferred to a person who spoke Spanish a language she doesn't understand.

ADVERTISEMENT

But when she got her August bill from Comcast she had no trouble understanding she'd made somebody mad. It was addressed to "Bitch Dog."

"I was like you got to be freaking kidding me," said Govan, 25. "I was so mad I couldn't even cuss."

Govan said the only thing she did to Comcast employees that might be considered rude came after a few dozen calls when she felt she was treated shabbily. "I did tell them, 'You know what, it has to be a qualification to work for your company that you have to be rude,'" she said.

Govan said she talked to a supervisor and he offered her two months free service, which she turned down.

Finally Wednesday, about two weeks after she got her bill, somebody from the company left a message on her answering machine in which the caller apologized.

Comcast officials said it shouldn't have happened.

"We only use the actual customers names on the bill," said Patricia Andrews-Keenan, a Comcast spokeswoman.

Company officials went through the records and identified two people who were involved with the name change and fired them, Andrews-Keenan said. It's unknown why the employees did it.

In another case, Peoples Energy customer Jefferoy Barnes started getting letters addressed to "Jeffery Scrotum Bag Barnes."

"I had no bad words at all. I guess the earliest letter is dated in May and from then on up until now my name has been listed as Jeffery Scrotum Bag Barnes and I have no idea why."

Barnes said he received an apologetic call from a company official. He also has contacted an attorney to determine if he can take legal action.

A Peoples Energy spokeswoman called the letter inexcusable.

chagrin
08-19-2005, 01:23 PM
This is my favorite...

"It's unknown why the employees did it."

Phobia
08-19-2005, 01:24 PM
He also has contacted an attorney to determine if he can take legal action.

It's obvious that he actually is a Scrotum Bag. Hopefully the name will stick. I'm going to send mail to him now.

StcChief
08-19-2005, 01:25 PM
The cable industry if full of scumbag employees.

BIG_DADDY
08-19-2005, 01:25 PM
Jeffery Scrotum Bag Barnes ROFL

Phobia
08-19-2005, 01:28 PM
Here's all the Barnes' from Maywood. I think I'm going to address something to Scrotum Bag at each address to make sure I get him.

http://www.switchboard.com/bin/cgiqa.dll?SR=&MEM=1&Search=Search&F=&L=Barnes&T=Maywood&S=IL

jiveturkey
08-19-2005, 01:28 PM
This is my favorite...

"It's unknown why the employees did it."I wonder if it has anything to do with companies treating their customer service divisions as a step child and not a serious part of the company.

Why would you put entry level retards in a position of first line defense?

Rain Man
08-19-2005, 01:30 PM
"Scrotum bag" is redundant. What stupid employees.

jiveturkey
08-19-2005, 01:31 PM
"Scrotum bag" is redundant. What stupid employees.Entry level retard is the title of choice.
:)

Kclee
08-19-2005, 01:33 PM
Here's all the Barnes' from Maywood. I think I'm going to address something to Scrotum Bag at each address to make sure I get him.

http://www.switchboard.com/bin/cgiqa.dll?SR=&MEM=1&Search=Search&F=&L=Barnes&T=Maywood&S=IL

Send him a bedpan.

Kclee
08-19-2005, 01:35 PM

What if you collect scrotums, and you keep them in a bag. Wouldn't said bag be considered a "Scrotum Bag"?

jiveturkey
08-19-2005, 01:36 PM
What if you collect scrotums, and you keep them in a bag. Wouldn't said bag be considered a "Scrotum Bag"?
You're aparently over qualified for the opening in customer service. :clap:

jspchief
08-19-2005, 01:38 PM
What if you collect scrotums, and you keep them in a bag. Wouldn't said bag be considered a "Scrotum Bag"?They stay much fresher in tupperware containers.

Errr, ummm. Someone told me that once.

Rain Man
08-19-2005, 01:44 PM

Well, golly. That's a good point. I hadn't thought about scrotum collectors.

Chest Rockwell
08-19-2005, 01:47 PM
I have a kangaroo "pouch" that I suppose could be technically considered a scrotum bag. Goofy Aussies.

So as not to threadjack too much, I wonder what the young lady's reaction would have been if her bill was addressed to "Sugartits McHoneypuss?"

Oh, and comcast sucks giant ****ing moose cack anyway.

chagrin
08-19-2005, 02:00 PM

That's friggin hilarious!

:clap:

ct
08-19-2005, 02:19 PM
I wonder if it has anything to do with companies treating their customer service divisions as a step child and not a serious part of the company.

Why would you put entry level retards in a position of first line defense?

It's a very good point jive, but here's the thing. They bring the entry-level retards, i.e. lowest paid loosers, in these positions cause nobody else will do it, cause those jobs suck a$$!!

Inspector
08-19-2005, 02:44 PM
They stay much fresher in tupperware containers.

Errr, ummm. Someone told me that once.

Jeffrey Dalmer endorses those freezer bags as the best way to store your extra scrotums.

They thaw quickly and are great for a quick warm-up in the microwave.

...or so I've heard, of course.

kc rush
08-19-2005, 03:06 PM
I sent this to a friend of mine who works at Everest. He laughed and said that he was going to pass it around to everyone there.

Everest subscribers might end up getting some creative bills now.

el borracho
08-19-2005, 03:13 PM
Barnes said he received an apologetic call from a company official. He also has contacted an attorney to determine if he can take legal action.

What kind of legal action? Is this guy supposedly hurt by this?