PDA

View Full Version : Jersey question....

Cormac
08-19-2005, 12:58 PM
I turned 30 last week, and my good buddy got me an awesome gift....a signed Joe Montana Chiefs jersey.

Anyway, I was wondering if any of you know if signed jerseys are dry cleanable/washable or if you just have to frame it. I'd prefer to be able to wear it if possible....

:toast:

morphius
08-19-2005, 01:00 PM
If it was signed by Bam Morris or Donnell Bennett its okay to wear it, but Joe... eh, not sure I would do that.

tomahawk kid
08-19-2005, 01:01 PM
I turned 30 last week, and my good buddy got me an awesome gift....a signed Joe Montana Chiefs jersey.

Anyway, I was wondering if any of you know if signed jerseys are dry cleanable/washable or if you just have to frame it. I'd prefer to be able to wear it if possible....

Don't wear it if it's signed. You can pick up another Montana jersey on eBay for cheap if you want one to wear.

Predarat
08-19-2005, 01:05 PM
Make sure you wash it and dry it on the hottest setting possible.

jynni
08-19-2005, 01:08 PM
I once was at a tailgate party and a girl there was wearing a signed Derrick Thomas jersey. It had obviously been washed multiple times.

BigRedChief
08-19-2005, 01:09 PM

Are you nuts? Wear a Montana jersey? I have a Montana jersey and only wear it once or twice a year and its not signed.

tomahawk kid
08-19-2005, 01:11 PM
I once was at a tailgate party and a girl there was wearing a signed Derrick Thomas jersey. It had obviously been washed multiple times.

Good God.

HemiEd
08-19-2005, 01:15 PM

I think you would have been justified in confiscating said jersey.

tomahawk kid
08-19-2005, 01:16 PM
I think you would have been justified in confiscating said jersey.

...and busting said card table over her head.......

rageeumr
08-19-2005, 01:20 PM
Whenever I have seen people wear anything that has been signed and washed, whether it be a jersey, t-shirt, or even a hat, it looks faded. I would HIGHLY recommend framing it and considering it memorabilia, not apparel. It'll look sweet in your basement! :thumb:

jynni
08-19-2005, 01:22 PM
Oh - it crossed my mind. I had to resist an incredible urge to grab her by the neck and scream "What the hell were you thinking?!?!?".

I did point it out to everyone at the tailgate just in order to ensure that she was reminded just how dumb she was every five minutes.

Rain Man
08-19-2005, 01:34 PM
Pfft. You guys would probably all leave a Lamborghini parked in the garage, too.

Bob Dole
08-19-2005, 01:38 PM
Whenever I have seen people wear anything that has been signed and washed, whether it be a jersey, t-shirt, or even a hat, it looks faded. I would HIGHLY recommend framing it and considering it memorabilia, not apparel. It'll look sweet in your basement! :thumb:

Actually, if you will generously soak the signed portion of the jersey in Ronsonol lighter fluid, it will eliminate any concerns about fading in the wash.

KCTitus
08-19-2005, 01:41 PM
Pfft. You guys would probably all leave a Lamborghini parked in the garage, too.

If it were signed by Montana, of course.

HemiEd
08-19-2005, 01:46 PM

That might attract too much attention.

ptlyon
08-19-2005, 01:47 PM
Actually, if you will generously soak the signed portion of the jersey in Ronsonol lighter fluid, it will eliminate any concerns about fading in the wash.

And the key is to do it in the dark, and light a match to see the results.

TEX
08-19-2005, 02:56 PM

You're CRAZY if you're going to wear it. Just frame it and be done with it.