PDA

View Full Version : Is Kotter a self aggrandizing attention whore?

Logical
08-19-2005, 03:43 PM
We all know he is dishonest and posts under many assumed names to make fun of others.

We all know he makes an ass out of himself in a thread then goes from posting perfectly to acting like he is drunk off his ass in less than 9 minutes

We all know he is a spiteful and vengeful little prick who felt he had to expose Hel'n and Denverchief to satisfy his own lust for being a jackass.

But is he a self aggrandizing attention whore?

ChiefsGirl
08-19-2005, 03:44 PM
ooops -nevermind

Logical
08-19-2005, 03:45 PM
ooops -nevermind

There is, the BB puts up the thread post while the poll is being created, a slight flaw in the software.

Reaper16
08-19-2005, 03:45 PM
ooops -nevermind

^^^ Looking for the Gaz option, eh?

Donger
08-19-2005, 03:46 PM
We all know he is dishonest and posts under many assumed names to make fun of others.

We all know he makes an ass out of himself in a thread then goes from posting perfectly to acting like he is drunk off his ass in less than 9 minutes

We all know he is a spiteful and vengeful little prick who felt he had to expose Hel'n and Denverchief to satisfy his own lust for being a jackass.

Is there such a thing as a non-self aggrandizing attention whore?

Mr. Kotter
08-19-2005, 03:48 PM
Nice poll, Jim.

The side effects of the meds must be worse than I thought.... :shake:

This is pitiful and pathetic.... :rolleyes:

dirk digler
08-19-2005, 03:51 PM
I voted no. Rob is a cool guy.

Kclee
08-19-2005, 03:53 PM

Ditto.

Mr. Kotter
08-19-2005, 03:54 PM

Jim calling ANYONE an attention whore is hugely ironic.....side-splitingly so.

Thanks for your support. :)

Logical
08-19-2005, 04:02 PM
Nice poll, Jim.

The side effects of the meds must be worse than I thought.... :shake:

Nice argument Kotter, you go to cancer wards and tell people how sick they look?

That the best you can do?

Weak!!!

the Talking Can
08-19-2005, 04:05 PM

omg, I forgot that was him....lol...now it all makes sense....

memyselfI
08-19-2005, 04:06 PM
This is one poll where I won't post my usual 'where is the C option.' ROFL

Mr. Kotter
08-19-2005, 04:06 PM
Nice argument Kotter, you go to cancer wards and tell people how sick they look?

That the best you can do?

Weak!!!

I'm serious, Jim.

You are unstable. I feel sorry for you, really.

Mr. Kotter
08-19-2005, 04:07 PM
Nice way to stack the poll too....those not thinking that I'm either one, don't have a choice....do they? ROFL

Pitt Gorilla
08-19-2005, 04:11 PM
I was going to argue accurate. I'm just not sure we needed a thread to validate this point. :)

Mr. Kotter
08-19-2005, 04:21 PM
I notice you didn't have the courage to make this one PUBLIC either....

Logical
08-19-2005, 04:27 PM
I notice you didn't have the courage to make this one PUBLIC either....That was more I wanted people to have the choice of remaining hidden. After all no matter what they vote they are going to say something bad about you. ROFL

There is a reason I call myself the Genius of Evil.

Bowser
08-19-2005, 04:33 PM
I don't know him well enough to call him a jackass, so I voted Yes.

Damned stacked polls...........

memyselfI
08-19-2005, 04:41 PM
I'm serious, Jim.

You are unstable.

http://www.shirlsgiftshop.com/housewares/images/kettle.jpg

stevieray
08-19-2005, 04:43 PM
That was more I wanted people to have the choice of remaining hidden. After all no matter what they vote they are going to say something bad about you. ROFL

There is a reason I call myself the Genius of Evil.

Does this post qualify as self aggrandizing?

:)

Mr. Laz
08-19-2005, 04:49 PM
i'm never up on these things...

so what are his aliases?

Logical
08-19-2005, 04:52 PM
i'm never up on these things...

so what are his aliases?He has around 10, I recognize them when I see them.

Anton
Monica Lewinksi

are two of the more famous and commonly used ones.

Taco John
08-19-2005, 05:08 PM
He doesn't seem like he'd be such a bad guy if he wasn't so desperate for the approval of the dominating personalities on the board. It's that "Hey Spike, you and me are pals, right Spike, right Spike" demeanor that has him throwing out reps like they're condoms at a Gay Pride parade and parrotting other people's opinions that bothers me...

mlyonsd
08-19-2005, 05:09 PM
He doesn't seem like he'd be such a bad guy if he wasn't so desperate for the approval of the dominating personalities on the board. It's that "Hey Spike, you and me are pals, right Spike, right Spike" demeanor that has him throwing out reps like they're condoms at a Gay Pride parade and parrotting other people's opinions that bothers me...

I agree completely. rep

WilliamTheIrish
08-19-2005, 05:14 PM
He's a Klown.

And we need this poll as much as we need the poll about banning D'Nice.

You have an ignore function. Use it.

Logical
08-19-2005, 05:16 PM
He's a Klown.

You have an ignore function. Use it.This poll was not meant to be serious, it was meant to be mean spirited fun. I have no desire to see Kotter banned.

Donger
08-19-2005, 05:16 PM
He's a Klown.

You have an ignore function. Use it.

Or, just use the ultimate ignore feature, and ignore the ignore feature.

mlyonsd
08-19-2005, 05:17 PM
This poll was not meant to be serious, it was meant to be mean spirited fun. I have no desire to see Kotter banned.

Well there you go, you just blew all our fun.

memyselfI
08-19-2005, 05:21 PM
This poll was not meant to be serious, it was meant to be mean spirited fun. I have no desire to see Kotter banned.

ROFL ROFL

I would have fluid squirting through nostrils had I been drinking...

Mr. Laz
08-19-2005, 05:25 PM
ROFL ROFL

I would have fluid squirting through nostrils had I been drinking...
TMI

i really didn't need to hear about your squirting fluids

memyselfI
08-19-2005, 05:28 PM
TMI

i really didn't need to hear about your squirting fluids

I SAID nostrils... ROFL

jAZ
08-19-2005, 05:28 PM
Somehow I think Kotter is probably a real decent guy, who finds stirring up chit entertaining in a very juvinile sense.

He's admitted repeatedly that he'll argue a point not because he actually belives what he's saying but because he gets a kick out of drawing people into fights.

Kinda fits with your other examples of behaivior (multiple names, outing people, etc).

There are lots of people on this board that at one time or another fall into the same trap. There are some who do nothing but hurl school yard insults at people.

Kotter seems to fall somewhere outside the norm in the sense that he's pathological about it (see Jim's list of examples).

That said, I really do feel like when he's not playing the role of a teenage flamer (in the BB sense)... and he's not deliberately being antagonizing for his own chuckles...

... that he's actually a very decent person (and I mean that as a compliment Rob)... who has maybe just has some very bad habits that often develop from posting on an anonymous message board.

Jim, to be fair, you would admit having similar "problems" (or having developed bad habits). You have definately tried to tone your rhetoric down in recent months. I complimented you for it and I still mean it. Kudos to you.

I've similarly admitted to developing some really bad habits and being willing to speak in a way online that I never would offline (but playfully to maybe my closest friends).

You post on a board like this as often as some do here, and it the cordial protocol gets dropped. People will even address noobs the same way they would with many of the long timers. But in a way that they would never treat someone they just met in the real world.

Somehow there is a congative dissonance that develops over a message board like this that is unhealthy to the tone of communication...

My guess is that in some way or another we are all subject to this... and maybe Kotter is just but one example.

Taco John
08-19-2005, 05:29 PM

Another point of amusement... When SD, er, Kotter starts a thread to chastize Meme, it's not pitiful and pathetic, but rather a high-road statement on the state of the forum... But when Jim starts a thread to poke fun at Kotter for starting such a self aggrandizing attention whoring thread, Jim's meds come into question (come on, like we all don't know Jim is hopped up five ways to Sunday ;) ), and he is "pitiful and pathetic."

stevieray
I SAID nostrils... ROFL

nasal sex?

ewwwww

Taco John
Thanks for your support. :)

Don't mention it. Tell Bartles I said "hi."

Taco John
08-19-2005, 05:31 PM
nasal sex?

ewwwww

http://www.hillnews.com/photos/012704/waxman-henry.gif

stevieray
08-19-2005, 05:32 PM
Somehow I think Kotter is probably a real decent guy, who finds stirring up chit entertaining in a very juvinile sense.

He's admitted repeatedly that he'll argue a point not because he actually belives what he's saying but because he gets a kick out of drawing people into fights.

Kinda fits with your other examples of behaivior (multiple names, outing people, etc).

There are lots of people on this board that at one time or another fall into the same trap. There are some who do nothing but hurl school yard insults at people.

Kotter seems to fall somewhere outside the norm in the sense that he's pathological about it (see Jim's list of examples).

That said, I really do feel like when he's not playing the role of a teenage flamer (in the BB sense)... and he's not deliberately being antagonizing for his own chuckles...

... that he's actually a very decent person (and I mean that as a compliment Rob)... who has maybe just has some very bad habits that often develop from posting on an anonymous message board.

Jim, to be fair, you would admit having similar "problems" (or having developed bad habits). You have definately tried to tone your rhetoric down in recent months. I complimented you for it and I still mean it. Kudos to you.

I've similarly admitted to developing some really bad habits and being willing to speak in a way online that I never would offline (but playfully to maybe my closest friends).

You post on a board like this as often as some do here, and it the cordial protocol gets dropped. People will even address noobs the same way they would with many of the long timers. But in a way that they would never treat someone they just met in the real world.

Somehow there is a congative dissonance that develops over a message board like this that is unhealthy to the tone of communication...

My guess is that in some way or another we are all subject to this... and maybe Kotter is just but one example.

Nice post , jaz.

mlyonsd
08-19-2005, 05:32 PM
http://www.hillnews.com/photos/012704/waxman-henry.gif

Is that the BTK killer or Waxman? I get the two confused.

Logical
08-19-2005, 05:42 PM

I absolutely have no problem admitting I have over the years been a jerk to others many, many times. Hell I was being a jerk with this thread and I have already admitted it was done to have mean spirited fun. It was also done for a purpose and that is to remind Rob to reign himself in. It has been many months since he and Russ caused Hel'n to lose it and then leave so I could see Rob heading towards it with someone else maybe Zach (though I think Zack probably would not let him get to him that way). Seems if Rob is reminded he is attention whoring then he calms down and starts being the decent poster we all know he is capable of being.

Nice post jAZ and your last point is also worthy so I kept it when I quoted you.

Mr. Laz
08-19-2005, 05:58 PM
nasal sex?

ewwwww
and what does that say about her hubby

Pitt Gorilla
08-19-2005, 07:06 PM
He doesn't seem like he'd be such a bad guy if he wasn't so desperate for the approval of the dominating personalities on the board. It's that "Hey Spike, you and me are pals, right Spike, right Spike" demeanor that has him throwing out reps like they're condoms at a Gay Pride parade and parrotting other people's opinions that bothers me... ROFL Condoms at a gay parade; funny.

Brock
08-19-2005, 08:04 PM

I don't think he did anything to Helen. In fact, he had her back when some people were at least threatening to call her employer.

go bowe
08-19-2005, 08:42 PM
I'm serious, Jim.

You are unstable. I feel sorry for you, really.unstable? ROFL ROFL ROFL

Mr. Kotter
08-19-2005, 08:53 PM
I don't think he did anything to Helen. In fact, he had her back when some people were at least threatening to call her employer.

That's easily forgotten and brushed aside when convenient....

Mr. Kotter
08-19-2005, 09:00 PM
....if he wasn't so desperate for the approval of the dominating personalities on the board. It's that "Hey Spike, you and me are pals, right Spike, right Spike" demeanor that has him throwing out reps like they're condoms at a Gay Pride parade and parrotting other people's opinions that bothers me...

Okay, I don't care who you are; that there is funny....BUT, far removed from reality.

Dude, I'm a teacher (remember?)....I've admitted being something of an attention whore--call it a occupational hazard if you will. What you see as "deperate" is really just the good ole boy, back slappin', gregarious, Santa Claus, happy-go-lucky guy that I am (admittedly with a mean streak if you piss me off)....that's ME....that's how I am in real life; ask those who've met me and spent at least a little time with me. If that is obnoxious or annoying to you, I'm sorry about that dude. But, FTR, "desperate" couldn't be further from the truth.

As for the rep and the approval of others....that's way over half the board there that you've described there, so what's your point?....IMHO.

Mr. Kotter
08-19-2005, 09:14 PM
unstable? ROFL ROFL ROFL

I had a couple of months....but some of Jim's neg rep comments of late are just plain bizzare.... :shake:

go bowe
08-19-2005, 09:24 PM
I had a couple of months....but some of Jim's neg rep comments of late are just plain bizzare.... :shake:what makes you think i was referring to the irony of your stating that someone else is unstable?

and was it just a couple of months?

or more of a congenital kinda thing? :p :p :p

Mr. Kotter
08-19-2005, 09:25 PM
what makes you think i was referring to the irony of your stating that someone else is unstable?

and was it just a couple of months?

or more of a congenital kinda thing? :p :p :p

Cuz I'm ain't dumm....heh. :harumph:

mouse turds, SAD, and stress last winter drove me near the abyss....that's for sure...not characteristic of me, at least in the past...:shrug:

go bowe
08-19-2005, 10:03 PM
who's sad?

Mr. Kotter
08-19-2005, 10:06 PM
who's sad?

Seasonal Affect Disorder....winters in the Dakotas are rough on us "Southern" boys. :shake:

FTR, I think it's a crock, mostly; but it's an excuse the libs will sympathize with...heh.

go bowe
08-19-2005, 10:16 PM
Seasonal Affect Disorder....winters in the Dakotas are rough on us "Southern" boys. :shake:

FTR, I think it's a crock, mostly; but it's an excuse the libs will sympathize with...heh.seasonal affect disorder? ROFL ROFL ROFL

now, the question that is burning in everyone's mind...

were you born this way or did you choose that lifestyle?

depravity, i say, depravity... :p :p :p

stevieray
08-19-2005, 10:29 PM
seasonal affect disorder? ROFL ROFL ROFL

and you talk about needing someone to pick on... :)

Mr. Kotter
08-19-2005, 10:36 PM
seasonal affect disorder? ROFL ROFL ROFL

"I was born a poor black child, subject to the genetic predispostion that is Seasonal Affect Disorder...." ROFL

ChiTown
08-19-2005, 11:02 PM

No more so than the originator of this thread........

Mr. Kotter
08-19-2005, 11:05 PM
No more so than the originator of this thread........

ROFL

Thank YOU!!!

Finally, someone who gets it.....

|Zach|
08-19-2005, 11:31 PM
nasal sex?

ewwwww
ROFL

Mind boggling.

:doh!:

|Zach|
08-19-2005, 11:33 PM
Don't mention it. Tell Bartles I said "hi."
I love CP because about once every 6 months there is a Bartles and James joke. ROFL

Count Zarth
08-19-2005, 11:39 PM
Why does this question even need asking?

I mean, really, it should be in the FAQ.

Mr. Kotter
08-19-2005, 11:41 PM
Why does this question even need asking?

I mean, really, it should be in the FAQ.

You show up at a CP function, boy.... :hmmm:

and you ain't gonna be a virgin anymore. Heh. :)

(FTR, MObilly is one of my HS buddies....heh)

Logical
08-19-2005, 11:44 PM
I had a couple of months....but some of Jim's neg rep comments of late are just plain bizzare.... :shake:
Feel free to publish my so called neg rep comments that are bizarre.

Logical
08-19-2005, 11:46 PM
That's easily forgotten and brushed aside when convenient....Being as I and DEnise were probably the only two e-mailing her at the time, nice try. I heard first hand from Hel'n what went on.

Count Zarth
08-19-2005, 11:48 PM
You show up at a CP function, boy.... :hmmm:

and you ain't gonna be a virgin anymore. Heh. :)

(FTR, MObilly is one of my HS buddies....heh)

WHAT!

Are you coming to the Houston game?

Logical
08-19-2005, 11:52 PM
WHAT!

Are you coming to the Houston game?I am not sure but it sure sounds like he is offering to take it up the butt for you. Sort of the supreme sacrifice. Kotter/Anton is such a nice guy.

Mr. Kotter
08-19-2005, 11:53 PM
WHAT!

Are you coming to the Houston game?

Houston, eh? :hmmm:

I gotta check to see if MObilly has that weekend off..... :hmmm:

You sure do have a "purty mouth." Heh.

Count Zarth
08-19-2005, 11:54 PM
Anyway, I'm not gay. I wonder who is coming to the game, though, I think tomorrow we shall have a thread.

|Zach|
08-19-2005, 11:54 PM
I am still waiting for MoHill to explain what "MealyMouthed" is.

|Zach|
08-19-2005, 11:55 PM
Anyway, I'm not gay. I wonder who is coming to the game, though, I think tomorrow we shall have a thread.
When is it

Mr. Kotter
08-19-2005, 11:55 PM
I am not sure but it sure sounds like he is offering to take it up the butt for you. Sort of the supreme sacrifice. Kotter/Anton is such a nice guy.

Not exactly, Einstein. I'm offering MObilly as a sub, in case you hadn't noticed.

Besides, if I were gay....I guarantee, I wouldn't be "catchin'" Heh. :)

Mr. Kotter
08-19-2005, 11:56 PM
I am still waiting for MoHill to explain what "MealyMouthed" is.

ROFL

Count Zarth
08-19-2005, 11:59 PM
When is it

November.

Halfcan
08-20-2005, 12:15 AM
I don't know Mr. Kotter, but I do find his post rather amusing. I think everyone here has a pretty good sense of humor-but that said-noobs including me have to take there lumps-that is why it says Rookie. With so many rampant egos running wild on this forum, us new azzholes don't have a chance. The ones that come in with guns blazing will surely get smacked down by Iowanian, Kotter, Go Chiefs among others-as well as they should. But I have found the ones that have something good to say have been treated more than fair. To single Mr. kotter out is to blame us all. Noone here is an angel.

With that said- You F#ckers take notice!! Halfcan runs this forum now, so get used to it.

Logical
08-20-2005, 12:15 AM
Not exactly, Einstein. I'm offering MObilly as a sub, in case you hadn't noticed.

Besides, if I were gay....I guarantee, I wouldn't be "catchin'" Heh. :)ROFL That was easy.

Logical
08-20-2005, 12:18 AM
I don't know Mr. Kotter, but I do find his post rather amusing. I think everyone here has a pretty good sense of humor-but that said-noobs including me have to take there lumps-that is why is says Rookie. With so many rampant egos running wild on this forum, us new azzholes don't have a chance. The ones that come in with guns blazing will surely get smacked down by Iowanian, Kotter, Go Chiefs among others-as well as they should. But I have found the ones that have something good to say have been treated more than fair. To single Mr. kotter out is to blame us all. Noone here is an angel.

With that said- You F#ckers take notice!! Halfcan runs this forum now, so get used to it.

Kotter is no n00b, Jackass sure, but definitely not a n00b. He has been posting since 2001 and has over 20,000 posts.

Halfcan
08-20-2005, 01:07 AM
I was mostly referring to Jaz's profile of the crap that goes on here. And for the record I don't post under any other names-I figured one was enough to make a fool out of myself.

Logical
08-20-2005, 01:11 AM
I was mostly referring to Jaz's profile of the crap that goes on here. And for the record I don't post under any other names-I figured one was enough to make a fool out of myself.The real question is.... are you The Talking Can's half brother?

|Zach|
08-20-2005, 01:13 AM
The real question is.... are you The Talking Can's half brother?
ROFL ROFL

Mr. Kotter
08-20-2005, 01:24 AM
ROFL ROFL

Damn, I thought I padded my post counts with "smilie only" posts....but you are the master. :)

Mr. Kotter
08-20-2005, 01:24 AM
Damn, I thought I padded my post counts with "smilie only" posts....but you are the master. :)

:)

|Zach|
08-20-2005, 01:25 AM
I was thinking today that for the amount of time I spend on here and the date at which I joined im a bit suprised I only have 16k or so posts.

Raiderhader
08-20-2005, 01:29 AM
When is it

November 20th. It's a Sunday Night game. I have every intention in the world of being there to watch the Texicans get asses whipped. There's a few Houstonians down here I want to talk smaque to.

|Zach|
08-20-2005, 01:33 AM
November 20th. It's a Sunday Night game. I have every intention in the world of being there to watch the Texicans get asses whipped. There's a few Houstonians down here I want to talk smaque to.
Thats really close to Thanksgiving, I imagine I will make it.

Logical
08-20-2005, 01:34 AM
80+ posts, wow who would have thunk it.

Halfcan
08-20-2005, 01:44 AM
LOL No vlib, I am not related to Talking Can-allthough he seems like a polite fellow. I got that nickname because I never liked the backwash in the last drinks of a beer-so left it for dead. My friends thought I wasted too much beer and called me halfcan. Now I just drank bottles and don't get hangovers like the old days-except after Chiefs games. What does your name mean Vlib Logiclost-is that like dungeons and dragons?

Logical
08-20-2005, 01:58 AM
LOL No vlib, I am not related to Talking Can-allthough he seems like a polite fellow. I got that nickname because I never liked the backwash in the last drinks of a beer-so left it for dead. My friends thought I wasted too much beer and called me halfcan. Now I just drank bottles and don't get hangovers like the old days-except after Chiefs games. What does your name mean Vlib Logiclost-is that like dungeons and dragons?Nah, actually it goies like this I started out on this BB as Logical (carried over from my Star BB days. I once wrote this masterpiece of a thread about me being the Evil Mastermind Vlad Logicslav and told all these stories of my minions (BB members) doing evil. Had people signing up to be my henchmen, minions etc. I later adopted that as my username. I have mostly been a conservative on this BB because the issues in the past tended to be dominated by foreign policy issues. Lately the focus has changed and the issues are issues I am very liberal on. Patteau as a joke called me Vlib Logiclost (a play on Vlad Logicslav) so to play along with the joke I adopted it temporarily.

Taco John
08-20-2005, 03:52 AM
LOL No vlib, I am not related to Talking Can-allthough he seems like a polite fellow.

Is there a different Talking Can that I don't know about? ???

the Talking Can
08-20-2005, 05:52 AM
Is there a different Talking Can that I don't know about? ???

I am too a fellow!

go bowe
08-20-2005, 09:44 AM
and you talk about needing someone to pick on... :)oh, no question about it...

i LOVE to pick on rob...

it's good for him...

he loves the attention, don't you know? :p :p :p

go bowe
08-20-2005, 09:47 AM
Does this post qualify as self aggrandizing?

:)*chuckle chuckle* you do seem to have a point there...

go bowe
08-20-2005, 09:52 AM
I am not sure but it sure sounds like he is offering to take it up the butt for you. Sort of the supreme sacrifice. Kotter/Anton is such a nice guy.yeah, isn't he? ROFL ROFL ROFL

go bowe
08-20-2005, 09:57 AM
The real question is.... are you The Talking Can's half brother?ROFL ROFL ROFL

go bowe
08-20-2005, 09:59 AM
Damn, I thought I padded my post counts with "smilie only" posts....but you are the master. :)*ahem*

:shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

:( :( :( :( :( :(

Mr. Kotter
08-20-2005, 01:40 PM
*ahem*

:shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

:( :( :( :( :( :(

I stand corrected.

I thought of you being in the "Senior" circuit. My bad. :)

go bowe
08-20-2005, 02:33 PM
I stand corrected.

I thought of you being in the "Senior" circuit. My bad. :)heh, senior circuit huh?

well i wasn't the one who passed out, er... fell asleep at joe's last year... :p :p :p

Baby Lee
08-20-2005, 04:10 PM
I'm serious, Jim.

You are unstable. I feel sorry for you, really.
I wouldn't read too much into it. Vlad had an epiphany while watching a Seinfeld rerun during his convalescence and decided, from here on out, he'd order "chicken salad, on rye, untoasted ... and a cup of tea."

Then he walked up to Mememe and said "Excuse me, I couldn't help but notice that you were looking in my direction. My name is Vlad. I'm unemployed and I live with my parents."

The rest is history.

I hear he's now personally responsible for getting Carl his daily calzone.