PDA

View Full Version : Vikings-Jets

wasi
08-19-2005, 06:06 PM
Is anyone interested in watching how the Jets D do against the Vikings?

I can't wait til week1 when the games start to count.

Herzig
08-19-2005, 06:13 PM
Is anyone interested in watching how the Jets D do against the Vikings?

I can't wait til week1 when the games start to count.

1st series they forced the Vikes to punt...mostly due to a holding call. They definitely have a better pass rush than we do...well hell..everyone in the NFL does.

morphius
08-19-2005, 06:16 PM
I'm still not sure that looked much like holding, look like the guy just tried to turn up field, got caught off balance and was pancaked.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-19-2005, 06:34 PM
If we don't beat the Jets, I will puke.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-19-2005, 06:36 PM
Who has the slowest delivery in the NFL? Chad Pennington. Kerry Collins. Alex Smith.

milkman
08-19-2005, 06:38 PM
Who has the slowest delivery in the NFL? Chad Pennington. Kerry Collins. Alex Smith.

If he ever gets the chance to start, it will be Phillip Rivers.
There won't even be any competition.

tomahawk kid
08-19-2005, 06:38 PM
Vikes don't look nearly as good as they did against us.

Making mistakes all over the place. Looks like they were really up to play us for some reason........

Mile High Mania
08-19-2005, 06:41 PM
Culpepper throws a SWEET effing pass...

milkman
08-19-2005, 06:45 PM
Culpepper throws a SWEET effing pass...

But, man, he sure locks onto his receiver.

Herzig
08-19-2005, 06:46 PM

Making mistakes all over the place. Looks like they were really up to play us for some reason........

They were at home and they are not now. I expect the Chiefs to look much better tomorrow.

Mr. Flopnuts
08-19-2005, 06:47 PM

Every year in scrimmage they kick each others asses. That's probably a good place to start. I'm pretty unimpressed with the Jets at this point and am convinced we'll beat them by 10 or more. Here's to hope :toast:

Chiefs Pantalones
08-19-2005, 06:48 PM
Vikes drive right down the field.

TD

wasi
08-19-2005, 06:51 PM
I say the Chiefs looked better against the Vikings than the Jets have so far. Atleast the Chiefs D got better after the first drive. Looks like the Chiefs Dline was also getting more pressure on Daunte, he has had quite a bit of time to throw so far this game.
Watching this is making me feel better about the first game and my expectations for week 1 are rising.

tk13
08-19-2005, 06:57 PM
Pennington's arm doesn't look that bad to me....

Chiefs Pantalones
08-19-2005, 07:01 PM
Pennington's arm doesn't look that bad to me....

He surprised me with that throw, too. Fourty-seven yards is pretty good...for a high schooler. :)

But really, he looks pretty good now, after getting into a rythm. I still will puke if we lose to that generic-Marty'd-Jets team on opening day. If it's close, Herm will make a bad decision or his team will that will cost them the game.

SNR
08-19-2005, 07:50 PM
He surprised me with that throw, too. Fourty-seven yards is pretty good...for a high schooler. :)

But really, he looks pretty good now, after getting into a rythm. I still will puke if we lose to that generic-Marty'd-Jets team on opening day. If it's close, Herm will make a bad decision or his team will that will cost them the game.Impossible. Herm PLAYS to WIN the GAME

mikey23545
08-19-2005, 07:55 PM
So how many interceptions does Law have so far?....

milkman
08-19-2005, 07:59 PM
So how many interceptions does Law have so far?....

He's doing the impossible!
He's keeping pace with Scanlon!

:eek:

Michael Michigan
08-19-2005, 08:10 PM
Gannon?

Michael Michigan
08-19-2005, 08:12 PM
Damn man your on camera--stop playing with yourself...

TRR
08-19-2005, 08:18 PM
Teams usually look more relaxed as the Preseason wore on. You could tell that the Jets gamplanned for this game just so they could see what Pennington had in a "live" setting.

FWIW, I thought KC looked better against the Vikes than the Jets did.

Alphaman
08-19-2005, 08:20 PM
The Jets defense looked strong. They are very physical, aggressive and tackle well. Bennett had no where to run.

I'm not sold on their offense because Minnesota did not come with any blitzes.

TRR
08-19-2005, 08:24 PM
The Jets defense looked strong. They are very physical, aggressive and tackle well. Bennett had no where to run.

I'm not sold on their offense because Minnesota did not come with any blitzes.

Michael Bennett is a joke. All he has is straight line speed and nothing more. I'm not too impressed with any of the Vikes RB's.

After watching the slow DT's the Jets employ, I think the Chiefs could screen them to death on the 11th.

beer bacon
08-19-2005, 09:37 PM
Curtis Martin = 4 carries for 6 yards.

Priest Holmes = 4 carries for 42 yards.

Priest once again proves he is the greatest runningback in the NFL :)

tk13
08-19-2005, 09:40 PM
Curtis Martin = 4 carries for 6 yards.

Priest Holmes = 4 carries for 42 yards.

Priest once again proves he is the greatest runningback in the NFL :)
William Bartee = 1 interception

Ty Law = 0 interceptions

William Bartee once again proves he's the best DB in the league.

beer bacon
08-19-2005, 09:41 PM

Ty Law = 0 interceptions

William Bartee once again proves he's the best DB in the league.

This team is truly on the path to glory.

Wile_E_Coyote
08-19-2005, 10:19 PM
play by play recap
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/playbyplay/NFL_20050819_MIN@NYJ

SNR
08-19-2005, 10:44 PM

Ty Law = 0 interceptions

William Bartee once again proves he's the best DB in the league.Again?

Was the time before that during that one season when during training camp everyone claimed he "no longer sucked?" Or the time during the 2003 season when we actually won a couple games without getting totally burned in the secondary?

the Talking Can
08-19-2005, 10:50 PM
did Blaylock play?

neckdemon
08-20-2005, 05:35 AM
did Blaylock play?

yes he did. 8 attempts for 21 yards. one thing about him, he is FAST!

the Talking Can
08-20-2005, 05:42 AM
yes he did. 8 attempts for 21 yards. one thing about him, he is FAST!

yes, he is...but he needs to be used in the right scheme to be effective, I'll be curious to see if your offense really suits him...

htismaqe
08-20-2005, 05:49 AM
Oh boy, this thread is sacrelige I tell ya!

Where's neckdemon to tell us all how badly we're gonna get "owned" week 1?

Alphaman
08-20-2005, 06:53 AM
Michael Bennett is a joke. All he has is straight line speed and nothing more. I'm not too impressed with any of the Vikes RB's.

After watching the slow DT's the Jets employ, I think the Chiefs could screen them to death on the 11th.

I don't know what kind of back Bennett is. What I saw was that he had no room to run. Like I said the Jets defense is physical, aggressive and solid tacklers. We can score on them but it won't be easy. The key to victory will be shutting down Martin and pressuring Pennington.

neckdemon
08-20-2005, 07:15 AM
Oh boy, this thread is sacrelige I tell ya!

Where's neckdemon to tell us all how badly we're gonna get "owned" week 1?

still sore over that? sorry if i hurt your feelings man. please, please, i'm begging your forgiveness.

htismaqe
08-20-2005, 07:36 AM
still sore over that? sorry if i hurt your feelings man. please, please, i'm begging your forgiveness.

Sore? Hardly. My feelings aren't hurt.

You're a troll, that's all.

TEX
08-20-2005, 10:25 AM
Teams usually look more relaxed as the Preseason wore on. You could tell that the Jets gamplanned for this game just so they could see what Pennington had in a "live" setting.

FWIW, I thought KC looked better against the Vikes than the Jets did.

You did see both defenses play - right? :hmmm:

neckdemon
08-20-2005, 10:43 AM
Sore? Hardly. My feelings aren't hurt.

You're a troll, that's all.

you only think i'm a troll cause i think the jets are going to win. if i came here and said "hey guys our team is good but we just won't be able to beat the chiefs" you'd be calling me the smartest jets fan you ever met. sorry if i think we can beat the chiefs. judging by your record last year you ARE NOT unbeatable.

Calcountry
08-20-2005, 12:07 PM

Ty Law = 0 interceptions

William Bartee once again proves he's the best DB in the league.ROFLROFL:drool:ROFLROFL:deevee:ROFL Stop it man, you're killing me!

Thats it, I have read far enough into this thread.

htismaqe
08-20-2005, 12:12 PM
you only think i'm a troll cause i think the jets are going to win. if i came here and said "hey guys our team is good but we just won't be able to beat the chiefs" you'd be calling me the smartest jets fan you ever met. sorry if i think we can beat the chiefs. judging by your record last year you ARE NOT unbeatable.

No, I think you are a troll because you are a troll.

There's nothing wrong with thinking the Jets can beat the Chiefs. After all, they were in the playoffs last year and KC was 7-9. If you would have come here and said "Hey, I think our defense has a chance to cause problems for your offense, which should be enough for the Jets to win. What do you guys think?" THEN I would have thought you were a smart Jets fan. See, we have Bronco, Raider, Colts, and Pats fans here too and their not trolls.

Of course, they didn't show up and say "Ty Law is gonna shut down Tony Gonzales and we're gonna OWN you!"

So eat shit troll.