PDA

View Full Version : Where will Vanilla Thunder go to?

Chiefs Pantalones
08-19-2005, 06:09 PM
Or, where should I go to.

As some of you know, I'm transfering next semester to either KU or Northwest Missouri State.

I'm making up my mind by the end of this weekend.

Where should I go?

I've been to Lawrence many times, I have friends that go there and my ex goes there, we are pretty good friends still, though. They all highly recommend it. I took a visit to the university itself last March, and loved it. I think I would have a great time there. I'm majoring in sports communications, as some of you know.

I haven't taken a visit to NW yet, but I've been to Maryville...very boring up there. They have nice facilities, from the looks of them and from what friends have told me, but the small town-nothing to do-atmosphere is kind of a turn off. Also, KU has hotter chicks...but I shouldn't let that be a decision make or breaker. hehe, or not.

Captain Obvious
08-19-2005, 06:14 PM
Good Lord, I can't believe I'm saying this, but if Sports Comm is your thing, you need to go to KU. I've heard nothing but good things about that department.

I now must go vomit.

Phobia
08-19-2005, 06:15 PM
You should go to Philadelphia.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-19-2005, 06:21 PM
Good Lord, I can't believe I'm saying this, but if Sports Comm is your thing, you need to go to KU. I've heard nothing but good things about that department.

I now must go vomit.

ROFL

It's ok.

I'm betraying my homestate if I go there.

eazyb81
08-19-2005, 06:36 PM
If you aren't Greek, then go to KU, there will be a better chance to meet other people and you will have more fun.

I went to Northwest all four years (okay, four and a half) of school, and I loved it there. I rushed my first semester up there, and I had an awesome time and became friends with all the other Greeks up there, not just guys in my fraternity. The small town can work with you or against you; if you have a big group of people you are friends with, it is cool seeing everyone on campus, in classes, at parties, and at the bars. However, if you don't have a large pool of friends or acquaintances, you might not have as good of a time when you see the same people all the time.

That's just my opinion, other people may feel differently about the town and/or the school. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-19-2005, 06:57 PM
If you aren't Greek, then go to KU, there will be a better chance to meet other people and you will have more fun.

I went to Northwest all four years (okay, four and a half) of school, and I loved it there. I rushed my first semester up there, and I had an awesome time and became friends with all the other Greeks up there, not just guys in my fraternity. The small town can work with you or against you; if you have a big group of people you are friends with, it is cool seeing everyone on campus, in classes, at parties, and at the bars. However, if you don't have a large pool of friends or acquaintances, you might not have as good of a time when you see the same people all the time.

That's just my opinion, other people may feel differently about the town and/or the school. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Yeah, I'm not really a small town type of person, but I've rarely came across someone that didn't like me. Meeting people and friends, aren't problems. I just want the best education; the best school for my sports communications major.

eazyb81
08-19-2005, 07:02 PM
Hmmm.....school related questions? I can't help ya much there...

ROFL

I didn't even know we had a sports communication major. :)

Chiefs Pantalones
08-19-2005, 07:04 PM
Hmmm.....school related questions? I can't help ya much there...

ROFL

I didn't even know we had a sports communication major. :)

TV, radio, broadcasting, etc. All the same... :)

Chiefs Pantalones
08-19-2005, 07:08 PM
I see it's 5-3 so far, in favor of KU.

Why, though?

Give it to a brotha, straight, fo real.

Sorry, I'm white.

Skip Towne
08-19-2005, 07:10 PM
Are you serious about choosing between these two? Seriously? Let's see now, should I take this Mercedes or the go-cart? Tough one!

eazyb81
08-19-2005, 07:12 PM
Are you serious about choosing between these two? Seriously? Let's see now, should I take this Mercedes or the go-cart? Tough one!

Hmm....interesting analogy.....

For some reason i've never considered KU the Mercedes of universities.

ROFL

Chiefs Pantalones
08-19-2005, 07:13 PM

ROFL

I think I know which school Skip is voting for...

KChiefsQT
08-19-2005, 07:14 PM
I say none of the above. Go here:
http://www.funnyhub.com/pictures/img/kentucky-girls.jpg

Count Zarth
08-19-2005, 07:18 PM
I say none of the above. Go here:
http://www.funnyhub.com/pictures/img/kentucky-girls.jpg

That looks like a girl I had a crush on in college.

ChiefsFire
08-19-2005, 07:58 PM
wow tough call

University of Kansas or NWMizzouschoolofpigfarmers

Chiefs Pantalones
08-19-2005, 09:17 PM
6-4, KU.

hmmm...

Saulbadguy
08-19-2005, 09:18 PM
I'd go to KU because its a bigger university, and having KU on your diploma looks better than NWMSU.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-20-2005, 02:23 AM
7-4 KU.

Who are the 4 picking NW, and why?

I know it would be cheaper there, but for the quality, it would make more sense to go to KU, right?

tk13
08-20-2005, 02:29 AM
Well, sometimes it's not all bad to go to a smaller school if you want to learn something. I think so anyway, less competition and more likely to get professors that actually care about you more than just being a name in a gradebook. At least if that smaller school has a good program in what you want to learn. Just like anything else, it helps to know where the good spots to go are. I don't know that much about NW so I abstained from voting.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-20-2005, 01:07 PM
Well, sometimes it's not all bad to go to a smaller school if you want to learn something. I think so anyway, less competition and more likely to get professors that actually care about you more than just being a name in a gradebook. At least if that smaller school has a good program in what you want to learn. Just like anything else, it helps to know where the good spots to go are. I don't know that much about NW so I abstained from voting.

I've thought about the more attention thing and a smaller school being better because the professors care more. I figure that won't matter if I get to know my professors right off the bat, and it's not a guarantee that just because it's a smaller school your professors will care more. Still undecided at this point. Will choose by Sunday night.

Bowser
08-20-2005, 01:41 PM
Northwest Mizzou was ranked in Playboy as one of the easiest schools to get laid at. Of course, they didn't exactly mention what quality the layees are, but.......

And come on! Boerigter's dad is AD up there, or something......

(I'd go to KU....)

Saulbadguy
08-20-2005, 01:43 PM
Sports communication. It seems like most of the ESPN crew are UCONN grads.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-20-2005, 01:52 PM
Sports communication. It seems like most of the ESPN crew are UCONN grads.

Have any of them not went to a Div. 1 school?

Chiefs Pantalones
08-21-2005, 03:41 PM
I'm still kind of undecided.

It would be cheaper and easier at NW, and I would get done sooner there. Should that be apart of my decision?

Chiefs Pantalones
08-21-2005, 05:03 PM
You know what sucks about going to KU for communications...you have to take a foreign language. It requires completion of a 4th semester level in a foreign language. For those who can't count...I'll have to take 4 SEMESTERS OF SPANISH!!! WTF? I'm not going to be on espn deportes'.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-21-2005, 05:35 PM
For NW, I don't have to have spanish, economics, statistics. For KU, I do.

Sorry, I'm posting thoughts...

Count Zarth
08-21-2005, 05:37 PM
I'm still kind of undecided.

It would be cheaper and easier at NW, and I would get done sooner there. Should that be apart of my decision?

Uh, HELL YES.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-21-2005, 05:40 PM
Uh, HELL YES.

Didn't you go to school for communications, GC?

Did you have to take spanish? WTF do you have to take spanish for? I'm not going to cover soccer. I'll be a prostitute before I have to cover soccer...maybe...