PDA

View Full Version : chad, looked pretty good tonight. chiefs d may be in for a long day on the 11th

neckdemon
08-19-2005, 08:29 PM
hey guys. i knwo you hate me, but thats ok. you guys are alright in my book. anyway, chad looked pretrty good tonight against the vikings. looks like the opener might be one of the higher scoring games that week. i still think the jets outscore the chiefs. we really need abraham to come in and for law to be healthy to control your potent offense. i might have to rescind my first prediction. i'm now saying jets win 34-24

Phobia
08-19-2005, 08:35 PM
Yeah, but what if it's just mini-edwards against the Chiefs?

the Talking Can
08-19-2005, 08:36 PM
no way we score more than 14 points...

Stinger
08-19-2005, 08:38 PM
oh Yeah ...... well ..... Our PK can beat up your PK

SNR
08-19-2005, 08:39 PM
Bah. We've been in shootouts before, buddy. Plenty of them. It's now second nature to this offense. They know what to do.

I don't see us losing to the Jets at home on opening day. Then again, that's why they play the game.

neckdemon
08-19-2005, 08:43 PM
Bah. We've been in shootouts before, buddy. Plenty of them. It's now second nature to this offense. They know what to do.

I don't see us losing to the Jets at home on opening day. Then again, that's why they play the game.

i don't expect you guys to think the chiefs are going to lose. if i were you i would be predicting a chiefs win also. i understand you guys have been in shootouts before, but this isn't the colts defense. anyway, like you said, it why they play the games. just good to see chad looking very sharp already.

neckdemon
08-19-2005, 08:44 PM

maybe, but our punter will definitely kick the crap outof your punter, he may kick a few of your linebackers' asses also.

TRR
08-19-2005, 08:45 PM
hey guys. i knwo you hate me, but thats ok. you guys are alright in my book. anyway, chad looked pretrty good tonight against the vikings. looks like the opener might be one of the higher scoring games that week. i still think the jets outscore the chiefs. we really need abraham to come in and for law to be healthy to control your potent offense. i might have to rescind my first prediction. i'm now saying jets win 34-24

I would hope Pennington would look pretty good. He's at home, playing in a meaningless Preseason game against a D that is play as vanilla as it can get.

I'm sure glad you can make predictions off of a Preseason game.

Phobia
08-19-2005, 08:52 PM
maybe, but our punter will definitely kick the crap outof your punter, he may kick a few of your linebackers' asses also.

I'll bet he can't beat up my dad, though. He's stronger.

neckdemon
08-19-2005, 08:54 PM
I would hope Pennington would look pretty good. He's at home, playing in a meaningless Preseason game against a D that is play as vanilla as it can get.

I'm sure glad you can make predictions off of a Preseason game.

thats not my point. chad's throws were on target, he was reading the defense well, and he had nice velocity on the throws that needed it. what i mean is, he looks to be healthy and he's shaken off his rust. so our offense should be looking good this season. besides, chiefs defense isn't exactly known for being good.....so

Iowanian
08-19-2005, 08:55 PM
Last season....with the same offense...the Chiefs put up over 45 vs the Falcons, Donks among others....The falcons "d" was supposed to be #1 vs the run...and the Chiefs backup RBs put up 6 rushing TDs and 400 yards.

Phobia
08-19-2005, 08:57 PM
thats not my point. chad's throws were on target, he was reading the defense well, and he had nice velocity on the throws that needed it. what i mean is, he looks to be healthy and he's shaken off his rust. so our offense should be looking good this season. besides, chiefs defense isn't exactly known for being good.....so

Dude - your analysis is keen.

Iowanian
08-19-2005, 08:59 PM
Riddle me this neck.....

Which QB....Chiefs vs Jets is Better?

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
08-19-2005, 08:59 PM
Last season....with the same offense...the Chiefs put up over 45 vs the Falcons, Donks among others....The falcons "d" was supposed to be #1 vs the run...and the Chiefs backup RBs put up 6 rushing TDs and 400 yards.

I believe that was 8 rushing touchdowns (4 for Priest, 4 for Blaylock).

tk13
08-19-2005, 09:02 PM
Man, you have no idea how good our defense is going to be. Nobody does. I have no idea how good our defense is going to be. We could have as many as 7-8 different starters in the opener this year compared to the opener last year. Not saying they're going to be a great defense, but when you completely change personnel, you just don't know until they get out there in a real game week 1....

Dave Lane
08-19-2005, 09:03 PM

He could break his nose.

Dave

neckdemon
08-19-2005, 09:03 PM
Riddle me this neck.....

Which QB....Chiefs vs Jets is Better?

as of now green has had better numbers so i'd have to say green gets the nod. but he's no peyton manning. if i was rating qb's i'd say green is #5 and chad is #6. in case you're interested my 1-4 is.......

1- manning
2-favre
3-brady
4-culpepper

milkman
08-19-2005, 09:05 PM
Man, you have no idea how good our defense is going to be. Nobody does. I have no idea how good our defense is going to be. We could have as many as 7-8 different starters in the opener this year compared to the opener last year. Not saying they're going to be a great defense, but when you completely change personnel, you just don't know until they get out there in a real game week 1....

We do know, however, that when our O-Line and T-Rich are on their game, they make defenders see double.

neckdemon
08-19-2005, 09:06 PM

tue but usually a defense thas been revamped is going ti have some growing pains in the beginning of the season. even that jets defense last year, which wound up being very good, gave up more points in the first games than they did later in the year.

Halfcan
08-19-2005, 10:31 PM
So Chad looked pretrty good huh? i knwo its tue you like the jets but thas defense that was revamped is not going ti have growing pains.

Halfcan
08-19-2005, 10:33 PM
Oh and I don't hate you, just your grammer.

SNR
08-19-2005, 10:39 PM
as of now green has had better numbers so i'd have to say green gets the nod. but he's no peyton manning. if i was rating qb's i'd say green is #5 and chad is #6. in case you're interested my 1-4 is.......

1- manning
2-favre
3-brady
4-culpepperFavre at #2?

Oh, and by the way, 2002 called. They want their QB back

Fishpicker
08-19-2005, 11:56 PM
I'm just hoping Surtain can run with Coles. if he can keep up, I think the jets will have a real problem on passing downs. I think the KC pass rush will have a field day provided the secondary can provide a few seconds.

neckdemon
08-20-2005, 12:03 AM
Favre at #2?

Oh, and by the way, 2002 called. They want their QB back

yes i put favre at number 2. you can put whoever you want at number 2 in your rankings, but as fo rmine i choose favre.

oh, btw, defense called. they want you to stop using their name for your group of players cause you are making them look bad.

neckdemon
08-20-2005, 12:04 AM
I'm just hoping Surtain can run with Coles. if he can keep up, I think the jets will have a real problem on passing downs. I think the KC pass rush will have a field day provided the secondary can provide a few seconds.

kc has a pass rush?

Count Zarth
08-20-2005, 12:05 AM
Pennington has never started a game at Arrowhead. Do you KNOW the record for opposing QBs starting their first game in KC?

He is going to shit his pants.

Fried Meat Ball!
08-20-2005, 12:12 AM
And I'm gonna be there for it! AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Fried Meat Ball!
08-20-2005, 12:12 AM
gochiefs, I've not been ablt to be on the planet for a few days, how did your rep get so bad? WTF did you do, man?

Count Zarth
08-20-2005, 12:14 AM
gochiefs, I've not been ablt to be on the planet for a few days, how did your rep get so bad? WTF did you do, man?

Phobia is a big meanie. :deevee:

Prince22
08-20-2005, 12:19 AM
in case you're interested my 1-4 is.......

1- manning
2-favre
3-brady
4-culpepper

We're not

Fried Meat Ball!
08-20-2005, 12:20 AM
Phobia is a big meanie. :deevee:
ROFL

Ultra Peanut
08-20-2005, 01:50 AM
THIS IS HOW YOU RE-PAY ME FOR RE-PAYING YOU?!

Chiefs Pantalones
08-20-2005, 02:31 AM
Chad makes all the throws!!!

http://www.lion-noodles.co.uk/Images/chop_suey_big.jpg

htismaqe
08-20-2005, 05:41 AM
I can't wait to see the Jets shut down our offense...

StcChief
08-20-2005, 09:15 AM
Good luck Chad, your gonna need it.

Rain Man
08-20-2005, 09:48 AM
I predict a Chiefs win, 74-64.

Tuckdaddy
08-20-2005, 01:09 PM
If anyone's defense is in trouble it's the Jets. We have a scoring machine here in KC!

beer bacon
08-20-2005, 01:13 PM
Curtis Martin is going to have 104 carries for 156 yards.

SNR
08-20-2005, 01:15 PM
We have no chance to beat the Jets! We're a bunch of criminals on this team who sit out of practices for a mosquito bite! Chad Pennington will throw for 500 yards! Curtis Martin will set the single game rushing record against us! Tony Gonzalez will have his foot amputated the night before the game! Priest is slow and has no burst left! We're doomed!

mlyonsd
08-20-2005, 01:16 PM
Chad, meet DJ, DJ, this is Chad.

Kill.

chefsos
08-20-2005, 01:21 PM
We have no chance to beat the Jets! We're a bunch of criminals on this team who sit out of practices for a mosquito bite! Chad Pennington will throw for 500 yards! Curtis Martin will set the single game rushing record against us! Tony Gonzalez will have his foot amputated the night before the game! Priest is slow and has no burst left! We're doomed!

This would be a really good time for Sampson to have that "bust out" game, then. Two or three Fumblerooskis for TDs would just about do it.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-20-2005, 01:31 PM
I'm going to base tonights preseason game on how we'll do against the Jets in week 1. That'd be smart.

VonneMarie
08-20-2005, 01:33 PM
Chad, meet DJ, DJ, this is Chad.

Kill.
Goosebumps. :clap:

Bowser
08-20-2005, 01:37 PM
Obviously, neckdemon comes from the John Mackovic school of preseason dominance. It IS the key to regular season wins.

Wile_E_Coyote
08-27-2005, 09:16 AM
http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/ny-spjets0827,0,7330854.story?coll=ny-sports-headlines&track=rss

A week ago, Chad Pennington sparkled in his debut, performing so flawlessly that his one mistake -- an overthrown 50-yard pass -- was dubbed the most talked-about incompletion of the preseason.

The post-mortem of Pennington's performance Friday night will result in no such levity.

In his longest and last game action of the preseason, Pennington was seriously off his game. It was about as bad as he's ever looked, and the dismal statistics didn't even tell the whole story in the Jets' 15-14 loss to the Giants.

A week after going 9-for-10 for 86 yards against the Vikings, Pennington was 5-for-11 for 36 yards, no touchdowns, two red-zone interceptions and two sacks, one of which resulted in a fumble.

He drove the Jets 69 yards on his first possession but forced a throw to Laveranues Coles that was intercepted by Corey Webster in the corner of the end zone. For Pennington, who has never thrown an interception in the red zone in the regular season or playoffs, it was his first of two such interceptions in the first half alone.

"You just can't turn the ball over in the red zone," Pennington said. "You've got to at least get six points out of those two drives. I've got to work on that stuff and really get comfortable with this offense."

On the next Jets possession, the Giants' Michael Strahan torched right tackle Adrian Jones and sacked Pennington, resulting in a fumble that was recovered by Antonio Pierce with 12:27 left in the second quarter. The turnover led to a 21-yard field goal by Jay Feely, making it 6-0 Giants.

On Pennington's second red-zone interception, he said he saw defensive end Strahan dropping into coverage against tight end Chris Baker, but he rushed the throw on first-and-goal from the 1 with 2:12 left in the second quarter. Strahan stepped in front of Baker to intercept Pennington's play-action pass, then made the mistake of trying to run it out and was tackled at the 1.

"It was one of those passes where you wish you had a string on the end of the football so you could pull it back," Pennington said.

"Our offense was very, very sluggish," coach Herman Edwards said. "We didn't play well and we didn't play smart."

On the Giants' first play after Strahan's interception, Tim Hasselbeck ran into Mike Cloud in the backfield, resulting in a fumble that was recovered by defensive end Bryan Thomas in the end zone for a touchdown that made it 7-6 Jets. It was one of two defensive touchdowns for the Jets.

But that didn't diminish the concern about Pennington's performance, which seemed to prove the theory that the physical aspect of his return from shoulder surgery won't be nearly as challenging as becoming proficient in Mike Heimerdinger's offense after missing so much practice time.

The most positive development for the Jets was that cornerback Ty Law made it through an uneventful debut, at least getting his first contact out of the way after a long layoff since fracturing his left foot last October. But Jones, another starter under the microscope, was exposed by Strahan, who beat him for the first-quarter sack and forced fumble against Pennington. Later, Jones was pancaked by Strahan on an inconsequential 2-yard keeper by Pennington.

Notes & quotes: DT Dewayne Robertson left the game in the second quarter with a fractured right hand. Edwards said he can play with the injury. Robertson had been wreaking havoc, routinely getting into the backfield and recording a sack, forced fumble and fumble recovery against Hasselbeck ... Rookie S Andre Maddox, whose bid to crack the starting lineup was slowed by a hamstring injury, left the game with torn ligaments in his right knee, a potential season-ending injury ... The aftermath of the teams' Aug. 6 brawl-fest was minimal. Linebacker Jonathan Vilma was in the middle of the only significant scuffle, slamming Cloud to the ground after the whistle to spark some pushing and shoving.