PDA

View Full Version : Terrell Davis is such a dumbass!

KChiefs1
08-19-2005, 10:50 PM
on the NFL Network's Total Access he just said....the Raiders will be the most improved team in the NFL this year. Why asked Rich Eisen? He said they've added Moss & Jordan which will not only help their offense but their defense too. He said that the rest of the teams in the AFC West have done nothing to make their teams better...Broncos nothing, Chargers nothing & Chiefs nothing. Eisen said that Chiefs have added Surtain, Bell, etc....Davis said they've done nothing to make their defense better. :shake:

Rod Woodson said he didn't understand how adding Moss & Jordan helps out their defense. He picked Arizona as the most improved team. :clap:

kcjayhawks5
08-19-2005, 11:05 PM
i have a bad feeling about this season but i am still optimistic

TheNextStep
08-19-2005, 11:08 PM
I wouldn't say that nobody else in the division improved, but saying that Moss and Jordan will help Oakland on both offense and defense doesn't really require a stretch of the imagination.

tk13
08-19-2005, 11:10 PM
I wouldn't say that nobody else in the division improved, but saying that Moss and Jordan will help Oakland on both offense and defense doesn't really require a stretch of the imagination.
If you've watched the Chiefs play the last 4 years, you really don't have to imagine at all to know that the best offense in the league doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the success of the defense.

stevieray
08-19-2005, 11:15 PM

maybe Moss is gonna play LB after he gets high.

TheNextStep
08-19-2005, 11:16 PM
If you've watched the Chiefs play the last 4 years, you really don't have to imagine at all to know that the best offense in the league doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the success of the defense.
Absolutely... but to say that just because that's true of the Chiefs that it must be true of everybody is a bit too simplistic.

Look, Oakland was dead last in the league in rushing last year. They were also dead last in the league in time of possession, meaning that our defense was on the field more than any other team in the league. With Moss drawing two defenders and Turner using Jordan as a workhorse type of back, it is likely that Oakland's time of possession will improve... and that can only help the defense.

I'm not saying that we're going to remind anybody of the '85 Bears... I'm not even making a prediction that we're going to be good on defense... but an increase in TOP certainly can't hurt.

TheNextStep
08-19-2005, 11:16 PM
This is the wrong week for Chief fans to be talking about players on other teams running afoul of the law...

stevieray
08-19-2005, 11:18 PM
This is the wrong week for Chief fans to be talking about players on other teams running afoul of the law...

uh, I was refering to the Raiders losing one of their LB's to injury.

raider fans... :shake:

TheNextStep
08-19-2005, 11:20 PM
So the Moss getting high crack related to losing Sam Williams? That's what I was responding to.

Losing Sam hurts, I'm not going to lie. Right now, I'm hoping that Mike Lombardi is working the phones with Kevin Hardy's agent... because while I expected big things out of Williams this year, I've never claimed that we're deep at that position.

stevieray
08-19-2005, 11:23 PM
So the Moss getting high crack related to losing Sam Williams? That's what I was responding to.

Losing Sam hurts, I'm not going to lie. Right now, I'm hoping that Mike Lombardi is working the phones with Kevin Hardy's agent... because while I expected big things out of Williams this year, I've never claimed that we're deep at that position.

Terrell Davis said moss would make your defense better, I said maybe he'll play LB after getting high...cause he'd have to be high to play LB....

raider fans... :shake:

TheNextStep
08-19-2005, 11:25 PM
Whatever, stevie. I'm in the mood to drink and be merry, not argue semantics.

tk13
08-19-2005, 11:26 PM
Absolutely... but to say that just because that's true of the Chiefs that it must be true of everybody is a bit too simplistic.

Look, Oakland was dead last in the league in rushing last year. They were also dead last in the league in time of possession, meaning that our defense was on the field more than any other team in the league. With Moss drawing two defenders and Turner using Jordan as a workhorse type of back, it is likely that Oakland's time of possession will improve... and that can only help the defense.

I'm not saying that we're going to remind anybody of the '85 Bears... I'm not even making a prediction that we're going to be good on defense... but an increase in TOP certainly can't hurt.
We have a power running game and can own TOP, still doesn't help the defense. In the end, the only people who are going to save the defense, are the players on the defense. Moss and Jordan and all those guys don't mean squat... if the D can't stop anybody, they can't stop anybody, regardless of how long they're on the field. Now against lesser offenses, maybe that's true a little bit... but you guys gotta face Brady, Priest, and McNabb the first three weeks. If the defense isn't ready, it doesn't matter how much time they're on the field... they're gonna get run over 3 straight weeks.

Halfcan
08-19-2005, 11:26 PM
OMG they act like Jordan is the best back in the NFL. He is a back up-period. Raiders still have a drunk loser for a QB, adding a pothead and a back up will not help their D-it will be the worst in the league.

TheNextStep
08-19-2005, 11:32 PM
First, to address Halfcan: At what point did I make it sound as if Jordan was the best back in the NFL? All I said was that Norv will use him more as a workhorse back. Considering that LaMont had more yards last year as Curtis Martin's backup than our leading rusher did, I don't think it is unreasonable to believe that Jordan will be an upgrade at the position. Do you disagree with that?

Second, tk - I understand what you're saying. I'm not suggesting to you that Moss or Jordan are the silver bullets that will somehow make our defense dominant. What I am suggesting is that when you leave your defense out on the field for as long as Oakland's defense was left out on the field last year, they are going to tire out. I don't think that's an unreasonable statement. That being the case, reducing the likelihood of the defense tiring out should help the defense. How much? Hell, I don't know... but, as I said, it can't hurt. It will, however, still be up to the players to handle their business while they're on the field. You're certainly right about that.

C-Mac
08-19-2005, 11:40 PM

....errr at least once in a blue moon. :D

Halfcan
08-19-2005, 11:47 PM
I was talking about the media focusing on the raiders bringing in two overpriced players, and turning a blind eye on their defense which sucks azz. They still have a horrible QB. All the spotlights are on Moss-unless he can throw it to himself too, and play corner and LB, I don't see how they won't be the worst team in the AFC.

stevieray
08-19-2005, 11:52 PM
[QUOTE=TheNextStep not argue semantics.[/QUOTE]

then why are you doing that....?

TheNextStep
08-19-2005, 11:53 PM
Quick, without looking it up: Name three starters on Cleveland's defense!

That's how Oakland won't be the worst team in the AFC. That's not even mentioning the fire sale that was Tennessee's off-season... complete with the drama queen that is Adam "Pacman" Jones...

Besides, to tell you the truth, I think that Kansas City's defense may not be nearly as improved as y'all think it will be. That's just part of being a football fan in August though. You guys are going to think that you've fixed everything that was wrong at that none of your positives from last season have fallen off at all... and I'm going to think much the same for my team. That's just the way it goes...

regald
08-19-2005, 11:54 PM
TD says some questionable stuff. I don't think the Raiders had the best offseason.

I think the Chiefs did alot to help themselves, so did the Cardinals.

I'd go with the Cardinals over everyone. Having Cheke Okeafor with Bertrand Berry creates a lethal pass rush, one of the best in the league. Antrell Rolle is a great cornerback that teams up with David Macklin and Adrian Wilson. Warner is a quarterback who can get the ball to Fitzgerald, Bolden, and Johnson. JJ Arrington is the runnerback they need to establish the run game. They've done alot this season to help themselves.

The Chiefs have as well. You know the additions, but it's been all on one side of the ball. The cardinals were more rounded with their additions, I think the Cardinals can be a playoff team.

ChiefGator
08-19-2005, 11:54 PM
No, No, No.. he's right guys. Remember how Moss turned around Minnesota's defense?

Moss, and the new Raider offense, is predicated on striking quick. Moss may be the quickest, best receiver to play the game. That will make your defense spend MORE time on the field, be MORE tired, and suck MORE.

ChiefGator
08-19-2005, 11:57 PM
TD says some questionable stuff. I don't think the Raiders had the best offseason.

I'd go with the Cardinals over everyone. Having Cheke Okeafor with Bertrand Berry creates a lethal pass rush, one of the best in the league. Antrell Rolle is a great cornerback that teams up with David Macklin and Adrian Wilson. Warner is a quarterback who can get the ball to Fitzgerald, Bolden, and Johnson. JJ Arrington is the runnerback they need to establish the run game. They've done alot this season to help themselves.

The Chiefs have as well. You know the additions, but it's been all on one side of the ball. The cardinals were more rounded with their additions, I think the Cardinals can be a playoff team.

Reading this made me say.. "Who? What? Has that guy even played a down of regulation? Is he somehow related to Lavar?"

Cardinals are the fad of this offseason. They will be improved.. and play a shitty division, but don't expect anything all world from them.

Wile_E_Coyote
08-20-2005, 12:00 AM
No, No, No.. he's right guys. Remember how Moss turned around Minnesota's defense?

Moss, and the new Raider offense, is predicated on striking quick. Moss may be the quickest, best receiver to play the game. That will make your defense spend MORE time on the field, be MORE tired, and suck MORE.

so the Vikes didn't go out & pickup defensive players because they had more money without Moss. They had to get the players because they lost Moss :banghead:

TheNextStep
08-20-2005, 12:01 AM

Right... because I CLEARLY said that Moss was going to single-handedly turn around our defense, didn't I?

The comparison to Minnesota doesn't really wash with me anyway because, until last year (Winfield), I don't think they've had a cornerback that would have started on any other team in the league. Two years ago, they were starting Denard Walker... who we signed last season as our #4 corner. Minnesota's defensive woes were evident for YEARS but the problem was that Red McCombs was a cheap bastard who would rather leave 15 million in unused cap than put the cash out there to improve his defense. That's why Viking fans have hated Red for years and years. That's on McCombs - not Moss.

McCombs sells the team and what happens? It isn't like moving Moss was the cause of their defensive spending spree, considering that they were around 20 million under the cap BEFORE trading Moss...

Lastly, you seem to be under the impression that Oakland's entire game plan will be to get Moss open deep. Personally, I don't agree. I think that Norv brought Jordan in because he knew that his offense needed balance. I think Jordan will get a lot of carries this year and that we'll try to control the clock more. I don't agree with a lot of the talking heads who think that we'll be in shootouts every week. If you disagree, that's fine... we'll find out in a couple of weeks.

Halfcan
08-20-2005, 12:04 AM
Chief Gator I must agree and I think you will see the Chiefs run more this year for that very reason. If anything a great D will help prop up an average offense by controlling the tempo, turnovers, and better field position=look at the Pats.

C-Mac
08-20-2005, 12:24 AM

You do realize ChiefGator the risk your taking presenting logical and reasonable comments here..... you can easily get banned for this stuff!

Hurry....I distract the moderators while you quickly edit your post.

TheNextStep
08-20-2005, 12:34 AM
Misrepresenting what I've said - particularly when I've specifically stated the exact opposite of what he attributes to me - is far from presenting logical and reasonable comments...

C-Mac
08-20-2005, 12:39 AM
Misrepresenting what I've said - particularly when I've specifically stated the exact opposite of what he attributes to me - is far from presenting logical and reasonable comments...

Oh......nevermind, carry on.

Halfcan
08-20-2005, 01:23 AM
But Nextstep-your interpretation of the misrepresentation might not be the same as his assemblence of the said representation of the misrepresentation.

TheNextStep
08-20-2005, 01:31 AM
Possibly... but I think that your representation of your opinion regarding my interpretation of his misrepresentation is, in and of itself, representative of your own flawed interpretation of a previous misrepresentation. Any further questions regarding this matter may be forwarded to my legal representative. You may interpret that any way you wish.

Halfcan
08-20-2005, 02:00 AM
LOL that is an above average representation of BS. Well said. Sorry misrepresented your interpretation.

Rausch
08-20-2005, 02:40 AM

Good point.

But it was also true of the Jeff George led Falcons, Denny Green's Vikings, the current Colts, the early 90's Broncos, the Rams, etc...

Now, if the Chiefs/Colts/Rams were to lean on the run and try and own the clock that WOULD help their defense.

The less it's on the field the less pts they can give up...

regald
08-20-2005, 09:03 AM
This will be the true test for Moss:

Can Surtain shut him down?

I think the answer is no, we'll see.

htismaqe
08-20-2005, 09:30 AM
This will be the true test for Moss:

Can Surtain shut him down?

I think the answer is no, we'll see.

No one CB in this league can shutdown Moss, one because of his talent and two because of the rules that are slanted HEAVILY in favor of the WR.

That being said, I do think Surtain can hold Moss to under 100 yards and 1 TD. Because Moss isn't the guy that I'm worried about.

The question is, can the rest of the defense step up and stop Jordan and the other 2 WR's?

Coach
08-20-2005, 09:36 AM
No one CB in this league can shutdown Moss, one because of his talent and two because of the rules that are slanted HEAVILY in favor of the WR.

That being said, I do think Surtain can hold Moss to under 100 yards and 1 TD. Because Moss isn't the guy that I'm worried about.

The question is, can the rest of the defense step up and stop Jordan and the other 2 WR's?

Bingo, you pretty much nailed it. I'm not too worried about Surtain, but images of Porter abusing Dexter McCleon really frightens me.

At least the matchup aganist Arizona can give us fans some good ideas, despite a "vanilla" defese we're deploying as for now. The Cardinals WR's are pretty good as well.

regald
08-20-2005, 09:43 AM
I partially agree with you about Moss.

Holding him to 100 yards and 1 TD is pretty good. Randy wasn't as dominate last year due to injuries, we'll have to see how dominate he can be this year.

AirForceChief
08-20-2005, 09:47 AM
Maybe TD was basing his opinion on our first pre-season game...god, forbid, I know nobody on the Planet had the same take last week!!

rashid242
08-20-2005, 10:38 AM
I partially agree with you about Moss.

Holding him to 100 yards and 1 TD is pretty good. Randy wasn't as dominate last year due to injuries, we'll have to see how dominate he can be this year.

13 TD's on 49 catches & 11 games ain't bad. He missed 3 & suited up for 2 & took less then 5 snaps.

However being a Viking fan & Cheif fans know this. That keeping your defense off the field stuff doesn't work.

You either can stop people or you can't. I don't care about yard rankings. If your team is in the top 10 or 12 scoring defense then you have a chance with a good offense to win a Super Bowl.

StcChief
08-20-2005, 10:51 AM

I look for Cardinals to win NFCW. (weak as it is). agreed very good offseason.

Chiefs to win AFCW. in dogfight with Chargers.

Raiders will be last in division. But not the worst in AFC.

Cleveland, Tenn will battle with them for that honor.

Deberg_1990
08-20-2005, 11:19 AM
I dont get why all these so called "experts" are so in love with Oakland???? They still have NORV TURNER as their head coach. This man has proved NOTHING as an NFL head coach. NOTHING. He spent 8 years in DC and got ran out of town.

whoman69
08-20-2005, 03:16 PM
While a good offense is going to help the defense with time of possession somewhat, the best thing to improve top is to stop the run. The Raiders have not shown they can do that.

TheNextStep
08-20-2005, 03:22 PM
While a good offense is going to help the defense with time of possession somewhat, the best thing to improve top is to stop the run. The Raiders have not shown they can do that.
Absolutely correct. That's why I say that neither Moss or Jordan are a cure-all for what ails our defense. The players still have to get it done on the field. We looked good last weekend, pitching 4 straight 3 and outs (giving up exactly 12 yards in 12 plays) but that's mitigated by the facts that (a) it's pre-season, (b) it was a rookie quarterback, (c) behind an injury depleted line, (d) and handing off to Kevan freakin' Barlow...

We'll see...

Dave Lane
08-20-2005, 04:50 PM
on the NFL Network's Total Access he just said....the Raiders will be the most improved team in the NFL this year. Why asked Rich Eisen? He said they've added Moss & Jordan which will not only help their offense but their defense too. He said that the rest of the teams in the AFC West have done nothing to make their teams better...Broncos nothing, Chargers nothing & Chiefs nothing. Eisen said that Chiefs have added Surtain, Bell, etc....Davis said they've done nothing to make their defense better. :shake:

Rod Woodson said he didn't understand how adding Moss & Jordan helps out their defense. He picked Arizona as the most improved team. :clap:

If he really said that it may qualify as the dumbest NFL analysis ever!

Dave