PDA

View Full Version : What are your views on cheating in a relationship?

ChiefFripp
08-20-2005, 03:05 AM
How do you feel about cheating?

Fried Meat Ball!
08-20-2005, 03:08 AM
That depends on what your definition of the word "is" is.

Actually... cheating in my book would be physical contact in a romantic way. I'm not going to get upset with my wife if she puts her arm around a guy if it's in a friendly way, or even puts her arm in his if it's friendly. But when it becomes more than friendly, specifically kissing etc. it's cheating. I'm not big on the definition that if I someone THINKS about ****ing someone else it's cheating... of course, I've been on the receiving end of a girlfriend having full-blown cheated on me (ie. ****ed the other guy's brains out).

Fried Meat Ball!
08-20-2005, 03:09 AM
And for the record, the thread title should be What ARE your views... not What IS your views...

ChiefFripp
08-20-2005, 03:17 AM
Yeah you're right, that's not a mistake I would normally make.

tk13
08-20-2005, 03:22 AM
If you're accepting of the action, is it really "cheating"?

el borracho
08-20-2005, 03:22 AM
Cheating = automatic breakup unless it is truly once-in-a-lifetime fantasy material.

ChiefFripp
08-20-2005, 03:24 AM
If you're accepting of the action, is it really "cheating"?
I think it would depend on if the person knew beforehand if you were "accepting of the action" or not before they did the deed.

Count Zarth
08-20-2005, 03:32 AM
I'm quite lucky, I've never been cheated on.

Ultra Peanut
08-20-2005, 04:14 AM
"Did it work for those people?"
"No, it never does. I mean, these people somehow delude themselves into thinking it might, but... but it might work for us."

Aaaaand, BONUS ROUND!

Maeby: Oh, hey, Michael. My dad wanted me to thank you for the romantic getaway. Donít tell me what that means.
Michael: Where is your dad?
Maeby: He left dressed all westerny. You can leave me out of that part, too.
Narrator: And Michael realized that perhaps somebody would get hurt.
Michael: I screwed my brother-in-law.
Maeby: Well, Iím all grown up now.

Michael: We were going to give one employee a week at the spa. We were even going to put them in the ad. But then I thought, 'What about Mom? Sheís elegant, she deserves it.' I was going to tell you at the office, but then I thought 'No... if I bring her around now, she might vomit on the overhead projector. Letís just wait until sheís crawling around on her own.'

Dartgod
08-20-2005, 07:03 AM
One strike and you're out.

If my wife didn't also believe in that philisophy, she wouldn't be my wife today.

Electric
08-20-2005, 07:11 AM

If my wife didn't also believe in that philisophy, she wouldn't be my wife today.

It really bothers me to agree with Dartgod, but he has a valid point.

But you shouldn't go there because of all of the "marriage" arguments that are going on in the country.

Electric
08-20-2005, 07:12 AM

I'd bet you've changed hands, isn't that cheating?

RedNeckRaider
08-20-2005, 07:46 AM
I have known men and women who have admitted to cheating. Some are friends, I would never trust them or become close friends with them for the simple reason if they will betray their wedding vows they would damn sure betray me.

NaptownChief
08-20-2005, 07:58 AM

Are you able to say that because you have always been single? Otherwise it is a foolish statement that you truly will never know its accuracy. Only thing you know for certain is whether you have ever cheated.

Fidelity from a spouse or companion is like religion....You believe, have faith and hope you are correct but nobody ever knows for certain.

htismaqe
08-20-2005, 08:01 AM
Are you able to say that because you have always been single? Otherwise it is a foolish statement that you truly will never know its accuracy. Only thing you know for certain is whether you have ever cheated.

Fidelity from a spouse or companion is like religion....You believe, have faith and hope you are correct but nobody ever knows for certain.

No, he's 100% certain that he's never been cheated on.

Being cheated on assumes that you have had a monogamous relationship with another human being. Star Wars action figures don't count.

Count Zarth
08-20-2005, 08:07 AM

Indeed I am.

Kerberos
08-20-2005, 08:12 AM

Being cheated on assumes that you have had a monogamous relationship with another human being. Star Wars action figures don't count.

Does his Dog count?? I am pretty sure his dog has went out and did the wild thing with the poodle down the street, thus cheating on the GoatCheese!

I realize that the "DOG" is not another human being ... but it does have a pulse and that is a PLUS for da cheese!

:D

Count Zarth
08-20-2005, 08:13 AM
I'm sure that's a post by rxrider agreeing with me and extolling my virtues. I'm assuming it is anyway.

Kerberos
08-20-2005, 08:15 AM
I'm sure that's a post by rxrider agreeing with me and extolling my virtues. I'm assuming it is anyway.

You got it Goat Boy! :D

Would I talk SH!T about you ???? I am offended that you would even think such a thing!

:harumph:

:D

Count Zarth
08-20-2005, 08:17 AM
Oh, look, another complimentary post from our resident humanist, rxrider.

Thanks buddy.

Kerberos
08-20-2005, 08:18 AM
Oh, look, another complimentary post from our resident humanist, rxrider.

Thanks buddy.

You are completely welcome Cheese . :D

Count Zarth
08-20-2005, 08:20 AM
And there he goes again. I feel comfortable having rxrider on ignore, because I always know what he's going to say.

Ultra Peanut
08-20-2005, 09:30 AM
I'd bet you've changed hands, isn't that cheating?Hi there, potty mouth.

KILLER_CLOWN
08-20-2005, 09:42 AM
End of Relationship.<period

What good are vowes if they are broken ones?

stevieray
08-20-2005, 09:45 AM

Exactly.

Phobia
08-20-2005, 09:48 AM
I'm against cheating. Cheating stole years of my happiness earlier in life. There's no reason to cheat. It destroys families.

Biohazard
08-20-2005, 09:50 AM
If you cheat, or if your significant other does there is something wrong with the relationship. If your relationship is true(meaning the one you know your going to be with for the rest of your life and you both feel the same way) there would be no reason to cheat because you both are going to put 100% into it to make each other as happy as possible! If you cheat it was never to be. Cheating defined as a intimate experience with someone outside the relationship!!IMHO I have been through alot of it!

Taco John
08-20-2005, 10:27 AM
Oh! oh! I know how I can complicate the question...

Do you think it is cheating to get a lapdance at a stripclub?

Phobia
08-20-2005, 10:29 AM

Well, if it is I may need to adjust my stance slightly.

Braincase
08-20-2005, 10:32 AM
I'll tell you after you post a pic of the chick you're thinking about cheating with...

Katipan
08-20-2005, 11:04 AM

no.

but then i define cheating as something you wouldn't do around your mate.

|Zach|
08-20-2005, 11:11 AM
but then i define cheating as something you wouldn't do around your mate.
ROFL Really?

Katipan
08-20-2005, 11:13 AM
ROFL Really?

no, i'm lying

Frazod
08-20-2005, 11:41 AM
I've been cheated on and then cheated in return after I no longer cared. Once that line has been crossed and trust is gone, you might as well just move on, because things will never be the same and you're only wasting time better spent moving on.

whoman69
08-20-2005, 02:09 PM
Cheating doesn't count until you say "I do." There is no such thing as cheating on a girlfriend/boyfriend because you have not made a promise to love them eternally. Cheating in a marriage is indefensible.

4th and Long
08-20-2005, 02:13 PM
Cheating doesn't count until you say "I do." There is no such thing as cheating on a girlfriend/boyfriend because you have not made a promise to love them eternally.
That's a rather interesting, and self serving I might add, way to look at it. If one is playing cards and one cheats, regardless of the pot or the level of professionalism involved, it is still cheating, is it not?
Cheating in a marriage is indefensible.
So you're saying it's OK to come home and punch your wife in the face, because if she cheated on you after that, it's indefensible?

Count Zarth
08-20-2005, 02:14 PM
Congratulations on your new post adornments, 4th.

4th and Long
08-20-2005, 02:18 PM
Congratulations on your new post adornments, 4th.
I am attempting to get into the spirit of the season as it were. It was not done for your benefit, good citizen. :p

Count Zarth
08-20-2005, 02:24 PM
I am attempting to get into the spirit of the season as it were. It was not done for your benefit, good citizen. :p

I DID NOT MURDER HIM!

Iowanian
08-20-2005, 03:12 PM
wood chippers are too good for cheaters.

KCChiefsMan
08-20-2005, 03:14 PM
I dated a girl for about a year, at one point she would only have sex with me once every 5 or 6 weeks or so. I had no problem cheating on her

4th and Long
08-20-2005, 03:22 PM
I dated a girl for about a year, at one point she would only have sex with me once every 5 or 6 weeks or so. I had no problem cheating on her
The only thing I find more disturbing that your reply is your picture of Ms. Monroe. It caught my eye for a moment but I was unsure as to why. Then I looked at it again and I was horrified. I quickly saved the picture into my super computer and analyzed it in my secret hideout. The results were simply shocking.

This is the 3rd frame of your animated gif.

http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/2046/marilynmonroe27rw.gif

Great Scott! Someone has stolen a chunk of Marilyn's buttocks!

CoMoChief
08-20-2005, 03:28 PM
If you wanna cheat, then dont bother being in a relationship with anyone. That's what being single is all about, going around n gettin some ass. But if your gonna be in a relationship, then don't cheat, that is of course unless it is with a celebrity for fantasy type purposes (in my case Jessica Simpson). Other than that if you wanna cheat then you might as well be single.

Rain Man
08-20-2005, 03:43 PM
Well, if it is I may need to adjust my stance slightly.

That happens to me, too. You have to tell her to raise up for a moment.

Baby Lee
08-20-2005, 04:31 PM
"Did it work for those people?"
"No, it never does. I mean, these people somehow delude themselves into thinking it might, but... but it might work for us."

Aaaaand, BONUS ROUND!

Maeby: Oh, hey, Michael. My dad wanted me to thank you for the romantic getaway. Donít tell me what that means.
Michael: Where is your dad?
Maeby: He left dressed all westerny. You can leave me out of that part, too.
Narrator: And Michael realized that perhaps somebody would get hurt.
Michael: I screwed my brother-in-law.
Maeby: Well, Iím all grown up now.

Michael: We were going to give one employee a week at the spa. We were even going to put them in the ad. But then I thought, 'What about Mom? Sheís elegant, she deserves it.' I was going to tell you at the office, but then I thought 'No... if I bring her around now, she might vomit on the overhead projector. Letís just wait until sheís crawling around on her own.'
I think the phrase you're looking for is "you gotta lock that down."

Rausch
08-20-2005, 04:48 PM
I voted other.

First, you are married or single. That's it. One or the other. While it might make you immoral or wrong if you ain't married it ain't cheating. It's just $#itty.

2nd, anyone can make a mistake. Get drunk, depressed, have a moment of weakness, whatever. I can understand that. ONCE. Once is a mistake, but an affair or more than once and you should be able to see the obvious...

whoman69
08-20-2005, 04:49 PM
That's a rather interesting, and self serving I might add, way to look at it. If one is playing cards and one cheats, regardless of the pot or the level of professionalism involved, it is still cheating, is it not?

So you're saying it's OK to come home and punch your wife in the face, because if she cheated on you after that, it's indefensible?
And now, coming way out in left field, 4th and long. Domestic violence is chickenshit and just another way to cover for your own inadequacies.

Rausch
08-20-2005, 04:50 PM

Apparently, she had no problem cheating on you either...

keg in kc
08-20-2005, 05:22 PM
I don't buy the "it's okay if you're not married" philosophy if you've reached a point in your relationship where you've both agreed on monogamy. In any case, infidelity is the one thing I will never excuse or forgive. There's no second chance with me and if I know that a woman has been unfaithful in the past, with me or with someone else, I won't have anything to do with her. Period. I've had enough of that shit already.

Baby Lee
08-20-2005, 05:29 PM
That happens to me, too. You have to tell her to raise up for a moment.
http://snl.jt.org/arc/char/RaDr-Virginia%20Klarvin.jpg
My BACK!! Get off me woman!!!