PDA

View Full Version : scalping Chiefs tickets tonight

Marco Polo
08-20-2005, 10:47 AM
I am needing 2, possibly 4 tickets for tonights game (they don't all have to be sitting together). How good are my chances of getting tickets tonight before the game and what can I expect to pay for some kind of seats in the lower bowl? Thanks!

Phobia
08-20-2005, 10:49 AM
Damn. You should have planned better. We sold 3 for $60.01 yesterday.

If you check the tickets forum, somebody might bring their tickets to you.

You should be able to find tickets cheap. Especially if you're willing to miss kickoff.

Make sure you stop by B5 and I'll set you up with some eats.

John_Wayne
08-20-2005, 10:51 AM
I wouldn't do it. Last year I saw a major crack down by under cover police. They were arresting buyers and sellers all over the place. I think scalping is going to be totally wiped out.

jjjayb
08-20-2005, 10:55 AM
Arresting buyers? It's illegal to buy tickets?

Deberg_1990
08-20-2005, 10:57 AM

Will you be at next weeks game Phobia? Ill be up from Texas, Going to next weeks Seattle game with my dad.

John_Wayne
08-20-2005, 10:59 AM
Arresting buyers? It's illegal to buy tickets? Yes, scalping is illegal on both ends.

Deberg_1990
08-20-2005, 11:01 AM
Yes, scalping is illegal on both ends.

then how can they stand out in the parking lots of sporting events in plain site and sell their tickets???

PHOG
08-20-2005, 11:13 AM

FOR REAL!?!?

Cool....I only have 5 kids, Mama and Papa, of course the wife, 3 dogs and a falcon (of course he can usually fend for hisself).

:hmmm:

Phobia
08-20-2005, 11:14 AM
FOR REAL!?!?

Cool....I only have 5 kids, Mama and Papa, of course the wife, 3 dogs and a falcon (of course he can usually fend for hisself).

Well, hopefully you guys eat light.

NaptownChief
08-20-2005, 12:02 PM
I find your repeated use of the term "scalping" hostile and abusive and order you to cease and desist.

Signed,

Myles Brand

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
08-20-2005, 12:08 PM
I wouldn't do it. Last year I saw a major crack down by under cover police. They were arresting buyers and sellers all over the place. I think scalping is going to be totally wiped out.

It is only illegal to sell tickets for MORE than face value. If you are buying them at less than face value it is not illegal.

Saulbadguy
08-20-2005, 01:32 PM
Who would buy preseason tickets are more than face value?

Marco Polo
08-20-2005, 01:33 PM
If anyone still has any tickets they want to pawn off or sell, please contact me at Gringo617@hotmail.com and include your phone number so I can contact you.

4th and Long
08-20-2005, 01:53 PM
I too would like to attend but alas, my cape is at the cleaners and it's going to cost me a pretty penny to have those nacho stains removed as it is. I am therefore stuck watching the game in my super secret hideout.

A good evening to you all and GO CHIEFS!

~ Captain Planet ~

Saulbadguy
08-20-2005, 01:54 PM
I too would like to attend but alas, my cape is at the cleaners and it's going to cost me a pretty penny to have those nacho stains removed as it is. I am therefore stuck watching the game in my super secret hideout.

A good evening to you all and GO CHIEFS!

~ Captain Planet ~
Bzzzt....copyright infringement!

http://www.wingnuttoons.com/captplan1.gif

4th and Long
08-20-2005, 01:59 PM
Bzzzt....copyright infringement!

http://www.wingnuttoons.com/captplan1.gif
Curse my incompetent lawyers! I told them to check on this last week!

*sigh*

~ Planet Man ~
The Superhero briefly known as Captain Planet for one post

chefsos
08-20-2005, 02:10 PM
Curse my incompetent lawyers! I told them to check on this last week!

*sigh*

~ Planet Man ~
The Superhero briefly known as Captain Planet for one post

That is a minor violation. Therefore:

Royalties in the amount of $1.98 will be due and payable on the 20th day of each month, in perpetuity.

4th and Long
08-20-2005, 02:16 PM
That is a minor violation. Therefore:

Royalties in the amount of $1.98 will be due and payable on the 20th day of each month, in perpetuity.

I do not foresee this as being a problem. I plan on making money hand over cape once I market my Planet Man action figures.

John_Wayne
08-20-2005, 03:00 PM
then how can they stand out in the parking lots of sporting events in plain site and sell their tickets??? The law on scalping is different in different states. From state to state the scalping laws are enforced differently also. Scalping is illegal in Mo. but it's been tolerated at Arrowhead. I spoke with a cop at Arrowhead last season and he said the Chiefs asked the police to put a stop to scalping on Arrowhead property. That's when I saw the under cover police arresting buyers as well as sellers in the parking lot.

John_Wayne
08-20-2005, 03:02 PM
It is only illegal to sell tickets for MORE than face value. If you are buying them at less than face value it is not illegal. I was told by the police that they aren't allowing tickets to be bought or sold on Arrowhead property at any price, even below face value. I'm no expert. That's just what I was told by one of the police officers that was doing the arrests.

4th and Long
08-20-2005, 03:07 PM
State: Missouri
Cite: V.A.M.S. 578.395
Requires License: N/A
Prohibited: Yes
Type of ticket: Public sporting event
Penalty: Misdemeanor
Notes: May collect service fee with consent of event sponsor.

rageeumr
08-20-2005, 03:09 PM
It is only illegal to sell tickets for MORE than face value. If you are buying them at less than face value it is not illegal.

I am going to throw out the "This could be complete BS" preface, but I was under the impression that it wasn't SCALPING, but possibly still illegal. I swear I read something about a bunch of people selling tickets at or under face value getting busted a couple years back on a "vending without a license" rap or something similar....

4th and Long
08-20-2005, 03:15 PM
I am going to throw out the "This could be complete BS" preface, but I was under the impression that it wasn't SCALPING, but possibly still illegal. I swear I read something about a bunch of people selling tickets at or under face value getting busted a couple years back on a "vending without a license" rap or something similar....
At least sixteen states prohibit resale of tickets: Arizona, Arkansas, California. Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, New Mexico, Ohio, Rhode Island and Wisconsin. At least seven states (Alabama, Georgia, Illinois, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York and Pennsylvania) require a license to broker tickets, or else reselling is considered a crime. Four states--North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota and Virginia--grant localities or municipalities the ability to license or prohibit resale of tickets. Some cities have municipal regulations against ticket brokering, although state law does not expressly prohibit it. In almost all instances where ticket scalping is prohibited or there's resale without a license, the offense is a misdemeanor.

Bob Dole
08-20-2005, 04:48 PM
Just another reason the Chiefs will move to Kansas.

Chief Chief
08-20-2005, 05:04 PM
One should be able to easily find tickets to Chiefs preseason games off of Arrowhead property. Just look for people holding up tickets across the road at the gas stations, or across the highway at Denny's and the Clarion Hotel.

A co-worker offered me two tickets...lower bowl, southwest corner, under the 2nd deck overhang...for $60 each ($73 face value each), but I turned 'em down. I seriously doubt he'll offer me any regular season tickets...unless they're for the last 2 games if the Chiefs happen to be out of the play-off picture by then.

I can't see paying $120 for an 'unreal' (literally) Chiefs home game experience. I can imagine a 75% full stadium with the crowd being way up before and for the 1st half of the game. But I can picture half of the people being gone before the 4th quarter starts. I'd rather pay $200 for the same seats during a regular season game and get the complete Arrowhead experience.

ArrowheadHawk
08-20-2005, 05:04 PM
Just another reason the Chiefs will move to Kansas.
:thumb: rep