PDA

View Full Version : Love fest for Mort?

tommykat
08-20-2005, 09:52 PM
I'm in!!!!!!!!

TRR
08-20-2005, 10:05 PM
Is he officially retired, or still looking?

tommykat
08-20-2005, 10:11 PM
Is he officially retired, or still looking?

I bet they go looking for him.....:thumb: At least till someone drops on Arrowhead Dr. ;)

Electric
08-20-2005, 10:13 PM
I'd bet that they start looking for available kickers, but I doubt that Anderson would consider coming back to KC after the way he was handled last year. Besides, he doesn't have the distance like he used to.

Tynes 2 misses tonight weren't yards off, both had the distance and were within about 3 feet each time. A little fine tuning is in order if he wants to be wearing red and gold this year.

ChiTown
08-20-2005, 10:15 PM
I'd bet that they start looking for available kickers, but I doubt that Anderson would consider coming back to KC after the way he was handled last year. Besides, he doesn't have the distance like he used to.

Tynes 2 misses tonight weren't yards off, both had the distance and were within about 3 feet each time. A little fine tuning is in order if he wants to be wearing red and gold this year.

He shanked a 38 ydr and is inconsistent on KO's. He's gone. Bank on it.

tommykat
08-20-2005, 10:16 PM

Maybe, as I said in another thread.........Mort said Tynes would be good, just remember he is young and a big head as Mort had at his age..

Deberg_1990
08-20-2005, 10:18 PM

Yea, hes definately gone. He may turn out to be decent someday, but it wont be as a member of the KC Chiefs. Unfortunately, our window of oppurtunity is so small, we dont have time to wait on him to develop.

Electric
08-20-2005, 10:19 PM

I don't discount that he may be gone, but they will wait until they can get a kicker under some kind of contract before they send him packing. As for the 38 yarder, is wasn't far enough off to call it a shank, he missed in near proximity to the upright.

ChiTown
08-20-2005, 10:21 PM
I don't discount that he may be gone, but they will wait until they can get a kicker under some kind of contract before they send him packing. As for the 38 yarder, is wasn't far enough off to call it a shank, he missed in near proximity to the upright.

feh. Fine. He "pushed" a chip shot shot to the right. Call it what you want, but he blows chunks.

milkman
08-20-2005, 10:26 PM
John Clayton is better. :)

Electric
08-20-2005, 10:27 PM
feh. Fine. He "pushed" a chip shot shot to the right. Call it what you want, but he blows chunks.

I would suggest that if you can do better, call CP.

ChiTown
08-20-2005, 10:33 PM
I would suggest that if you can do better, call CP.

ROFL

This isn't about me kicking the ball, silly. It's about the Chiefs finding a guy that can put it thru the uprights when it counts. Tynes isn't the guy. Apologize for him all you want, but it's evident that he's a goner.

Electric
08-20-2005, 10:51 PM
ROFL

This isn't about me kicking the ball, silly. It's about the Chiefs finding a guy that can put it thru the uprights when it counts. Tynes isn't the guy. Apologize for him all you want, but it's evident that he's a goner.

Don't take what I said as an apology for the guy. He most likely will be shopping for a ride home on Tuesday (if the Chiefs find someone to replace him with).

His misses were not miles wide, miles short. He was in range on all kicks.

KCJake
08-20-2005, 11:04 PM
[QUOTE=Electric]but I doubt that Anderson would consider coming back to KC after the way he was handled last year. Besides, he doesn't have the distance like he used to.
QUOTE]
How was he "handled"?? Look at how Gunther was handled. He came back. I doubt Mort holds any grudges. Inside 40 yards, Mort is automatic. Tynes makes me nervous when he kicks extra-points.

Alphaman
08-20-2005, 11:08 PM
Tynes won't be gone....yet. But he will have some competition this week. Anderson is not the answer. Very accurate, but no distance and can't kick off. Is Grammatica still available?