PDA

View Full Version : Impressed with Samie Parker...

TRR
08-20-2005, 11:04 PM
Samie Parker just looks like a threat on the outside. Great game tonight. A couple of solid catches, one for a TD, and a nifty reverse for a 1st down. Does anyone else think we may have something special in Samie Parker if he continues to go to work?

Looking forward to seeing what Parker can bring to the table this season.

Halfcan
08-20-2005, 11:07 PM
I agree he has really matured, they showcased him tonight and he was ready for the challenge. I thought Horn played well too.

B_Ambuehl
08-20-2005, 11:42 PM
Honestly I don't think you will see what you can really do until you have a big arm quarterback throwing him the ball. He's a 10.1 100 meter guy and that's flying but he's more of a top speed guy as compared to an acceleration guy like Dante. He is a true downfield threat...as in 60 yards down the field....and Trents arm is only capable of throwing jusssssst to the point where you'd really see him pull away from DBs....

morphius
08-21-2005, 12:00 AM
I like how my adopt a player is finally showing what I thought he could do. Hopefully he can stay healthy.

Coach
08-21-2005, 12:03 AM
On the WR end-around...

Parker > Morton

The fact is that Parker's speed will make alot of plays on that WR end-around IMHO.

Wallcrawler
08-21-2005, 12:12 AM
Anyone got a penalty yardage count on the numerous pass interference calls that Parker induced David Macklin into committing?

Man, he took Macklin's ass to school tonight.

Coach
08-21-2005, 12:15 AM
Anyone got a penalty yardage count on the numerous pass interference calls that Parker induced David Macklin into committing?

Man, he took Macklin's ass to school tonight.

I'm not sure, but considering how high Arizona's penalties were (14-160), I'd say a good 1/2 of it was Macklin's.

Saulbadguy
08-21-2005, 12:16 AM
I thought a couple of the PI calls against him were very questionable. He did make a great grab in the endzone though.

If he can produce as much as Morton did last year i'll be happy.

TRR
08-21-2005, 12:16 AM
The funny thing was DV wasn't very impressed with Samie Parker tonight. DV said he still has a long way to go, and that nothing Parker did really caught his eye tonight.

I thought the catch in the endzone was a very nice play.

MGRS13
08-21-2005, 12:19 AM
I was at the game tonight so I don't know what all you could see on T.V. but Parker was open ALOT! I am stoked to watch him play all year. I think we might have a huge W.R. this year, he's light's out......And QUICK, man can he run!

Wallcrawler
08-21-2005, 12:24 AM
What the hell does the senile old geezer want out of Parker?

Blood?

He made plays when he got the ball thrown to him, he ran the reverse for a first down, and he ran a picture perfect corner route in the endzone, causing Macklin to bite HARD on the slant and snagged the pass in the endzone for the touchdown.

On top of that, he moved the football without catching the ball, causing Macklin to interfere with him for numerous first downs.

I would say that Parker had a very nice game while he was in there. But what do I know, I just watch the game on TV.

TRR
08-21-2005, 12:24 AM
I was at the game tonight so I don't know what all you could see on T.V. but Parker was open ALOT! I am stoked to watch him play all year. I think we might have a huge W.R. this year, he's light's out......And QUICK, man can he run!

He looked tonight like he's looked in TC...Wide open and fast. For a kid that runs a 4.2 forty yard dash, he has good size. Almost 6'0, and 190+ pounds. I'd take Parker in a footrace against anyone on the KC squad.

MGRS13
08-21-2005, 12:26 AM

Blood?

He made plays when he got the ball thrown to him, he ran the reverse for a first down, and he ran a picture perfect corner route in the endzone, causing Macklin to bite HARD on the slant and snagged the pass in the endzone for the touchdown.

On top of that, he moved the football without catching the ball, causing Macklin to interfere with him for numerous first downs.

I would say that Parker had a very nice game while he was in there. But what do I know, I just watch the game on TV.
You know Dick he just doesn't want Samie to get a big head. He'll keep saying chit like that to keep the kid grounded. You don't have to be a head coach to know that Samie had a big game it was very obvious.

Coach
08-21-2005, 12:28 AM

Blood?

Exactly how I feel.

Parker had a nice game. And he'll get better once he gets experience.

TRR
08-21-2005, 12:31 AM
Parker ran a 6.62 in the 60 meters. That's floating.

His senior season at Oregon, he put up 77 catches for 1,088 yards and 7 TD's. He averaged 14.1 yards a catch.

This kid can get it done.

MGRS13
08-21-2005, 12:33 AM
I'd take Parker in a footrace against anyone on the KC squad.
So would I...........

shamelessly wanted #1100

luv
08-21-2005, 12:33 AM
You know Dick he just doesn't want Samie to get a big head. He'll keep saying chit like that to keep the kid grounded. You don't have to be a head coach to know that Samie had a big game it was very obvious.
Very good indeed.

Larry Johnson also looked good.

We left at half time when they were leading 10-0. Get on the highway, and hear it all go downhill. Just got home.

TRR
08-21-2005, 12:39 AM
Found this interesting as everyone on here knows how good of track athlete Cro Thorpe is.

From KCChiefs.com...

Thorpe won All-ACC Awards after winning the 100 and 200 meter dashes. The 100 meter dash was his personal best at 10.43.

Now that's flying...but, you Parker even beat Cro in the 100 yard dash. Samie Parker's best time in the 100 was 10.41...

luv
08-21-2005, 12:49 AM
Players I was impressed with tonight...

Samie Parker
Larry Johnson
Scott Fujita

Kris Griffin looked decent too.

Chris Horm took some pretty hard hits. Catches a punt return and WHAM!

Coach
08-21-2005, 12:54 AM

Samie Parker
Larry Johnson
Scott Fujita

Which should have been a 15 yarder aganist Arizona. That was a helmet-to-helmet shot. How the hell the officials didn't see it/call it is unknown to me.

MGRS13
08-21-2005, 01:06 AM

Samie Parker
Larry Johnson
Scott Fujita

Horn also got lit up right after that punt going over the middle to catch a pass. He held on to the ball both times though.
Parker, L.J.,and Fujita all played well tonight same with Griffen(it will be hard for the chiefs to cut this kid, he's been pretty impressive all camp and preseason). Surtain was also great to watch, but the guy who impressed me the most was Wilkerson. I thought he played so well that J. Allen might not get that starting roll back. Eiter way the improved competition for D. end will help this team not to mention the fact that Carlos Hall hasn't even been able to play yet.

Pitt Gorilla
08-21-2005, 01:12 AM
Wilkerson and Hicks looked good. I hope we hang onto Thorpe; he could be another Parker.

Rukdafaidas
08-21-2005, 01:16 AM
Now that's flying...but, you Parker even beat Cro in the 100 yard dash. Samie Parker's best time in the 100 was 10.41...
That's impressive. But, when I heard that Derrick Johnson ran a 10.5 100 in High School, I about crapped myself.

Tribal Warfare
08-21-2005, 02:01 AM

Or challenging him to achieve his maximum potential

jidar
08-21-2005, 02:02 AM
The only thing that surprises me are these Sammie Parker threads where everyone else seems surprised with his performance. The guy was playing this good every time he was in at the end of last season. The way I see it, he's been consistently good every time he's been on the field and I found nothing surprising about his play tonight. I find him to be a very exciting young player. He's got natural talent, seems to have a feel for the game, and most of all he has the desire and hustle to give that extra effort to get the job done. I really think he can be big in this league.

ZootedGranny
08-21-2005, 02:14 AM
he ran a picture perfect corner route in the endzone, causing Macklin to bite HARD on the slant and snagged the pass in the endzone for the touchdown.

This was what I was most impressed with. That's two weeks in a row he's made a DB look like an asshole. If it weren't for an underthrown ball last week, Darren Sharper is watching as Parker catches a TD alone in the endzone.

milkman
08-21-2005, 08:53 PM
I've been saying all thoughout the offseason, and TC, that I thought Samie is the real deal.

Now, it is only preseason action, but some of you are beginning to see what I already saw.

Even if he only puts up Morton type numbers, the threat that his speed adds to this offense will free up things underneath.