PDA

View Full Version : DJ taking on blocks...

dtebbe
08-20-2005, 10:22 PM
Two preseason games, two running backs destroyed on his way to the QB. I know this may be a reach, but perhaps he just takes on blocks when that's the quickest way to the ball? :hmmm:

All I can say is that 2 weeks one on one with the back in protection, and 2 weeks the RB was on his arse.

DT

htismaqe
08-20-2005, 10:25 PM
A reach?

I'd say you're dead-on. The guy takes the most direct route to the ball. If that happens to be going THROUGH somebody, he'll do it.

Wallcrawler
08-20-2005, 10:31 PM
I wish PLAYBOOK on NFL Network took e-mails.

Id love to gather a collection of these clips and send them to Mike Mayock, who was dogging Johnson repeatedly with a single clip of him getting blocked in a game, and calling him weak at the point of attack.

I think Mewelde Moore, and J.J. Arrington would strongly disagree with Mayock's dumbass views on Johnson's inability to play physically at the point of attack.

Along with the clips, I would have to send my deepest thanks for contributing to the spread of such moronic BS, because without it, the Chiefs may not have gotten to select Johnson.

ZootedGranny
08-20-2005, 10:32 PM
http://home.kc.rr.com/mkbaslee/avatar.gif

Halfcan
08-20-2005, 10:35 PM
I agree wallcrawler- but I would tell all those so called draft experts thanks for the bad publicity. There is now way this guy should have fallen that low. DJ did over pursue on the reverse-but he is a rookie- and that is what the safety is for. If he would have caught on to the play he would have just destroyed that Wr too. I am very impressed with this kid.

Halfcan
08-20-2005, 10:39 PM
Zgranny just saw your footage-that is awesome. That should have been a sack or at the very least grounding. The officials blew tonight. Warner was in the grasp for sure.

jidar
08-21-2005, 01:20 AM
man that play was awesome! I was loud as hell when I saw that, scared the hell out of my dogs. haha.

HolmeZz
08-21-2005, 01:23 AM
Zgranny just saw your footage-that is awesome. That should have been a sack or at the very least grounding. The officials blew tonight. Warner was in the grasp for sure.

He was outside the tackle box. Atleast that's how it looked.

Sure-Oz
08-21-2005, 01:25 AM
im really glad he fell to us, i was satisfied with the pick when it happend.

KCChiefsMan
08-21-2005, 01:30 AM
im really glad he fell to us, i was satisfied with the pick when it happend.

I was overwhelmed! I couldn't believe he fell to us but I am sure glad he did! he's gonna be a stud!

Chiefs Pantalones
08-21-2005, 02:16 AM
I'm still in shock that we have him.

DenverChief
08-21-2005, 02:39 AM
I think the Best part about that clip is that DJ went through the HB where as DT probably would have went around the HB

Nightfyre
08-21-2005, 05:09 AM
I dont see a tackle box to be out of... :hmmm:
actually, he looks to be inside of the right tackle...

dtebbe
08-21-2005, 04:13 PM
http://home.kc.rr.com/mkbaslee/avatar.gif
DJ: "Have a seat you little bit&h!"

Thanks for the video dude! This is exactly what I'm talking about!

DT

Rain Man
08-21-2005, 04:53 PM
Nice video clip.

Sims did a nice job beating a double-team, too.

Halfcan
08-21-2005, 05:36 PM
I have to disagree, I think it was grounding, Warner was throwing it away. Plus DJ clearly had both arms around him. Warner was going down- what about the lame in the grasp rule-does the ref count thousand one..ect or what. The refs were very poor, but what do you expect for the Chiefs-they get screwed on calls on a regular basis.

Mojo Rising
08-21-2005, 05:50 PM
I still can't believe he fell to us.

I have never heard of him until Whitlock wrote that last years wining streak at the end of the year didn't do anything for the Chiefs except for cost us a defensive playmaker that we sorely needed like DJ.

I then watched him in the Rose Bowl and was sad we wouldn't get him.

I think he needs to play more in preseason games for experience. However, I would hate to see him wear down when the playoffs roll around.

Halfcan
08-21-2005, 05:55 PM
Well don't be sad anymore mojo-we got him, and I don't think he is going to wear down anythime soon.

Whe the draft experts were saying he can't take on blockers, at first I thought they were talking about someone else-then I was like, what game footage have you been watching??

milkman
08-21-2005, 05:59 PM
Well don't be sad anymore mojo-we got him, and I don't think he is going to wear down anythime soon.

Whe the draft experts were saying he can't take on blockers, at first I thought they were talking about someone else-then I was like, what game footage have you been watching??

That one clip that Wallcrawler mentioned where he got blocked by a back who was hidden by the O-Line until he stepped out and took DJ's legs out from under him.

OldTownChief
08-21-2005, 06:02 PM
Very impressive clip!!

He will make some mistakes as a rookie, that's a gimme, but it just seemed to me that he was near the ball and involved in just about every play that he was on the field.

He's going to be a monster.