PDA

View Full Version : So, after 2 preseason games, who should be history?

ILChief
08-20-2005, 10:34 PM
Tynes
Huard
Woods
Brett Williams
=========
Ambrose is dangerously close

Anyone else?

beer bacon
08-20-2005, 10:37 PM
You don't drop Tynes yet. You bring in another kicker as soon as the Vikings or another team with two decent kickers cuts one. Tynes could shake off whatever is messing him up right now and still have a good season. If Tynes is still missing easy FGs after the next two games then he should be cut.

htismaqe
08-20-2005, 10:37 PM
The Vikings don't have 1 decent kicker, let alone 2.

beer bacon
08-20-2005, 10:43 PM
The Vikings don't have 1 decent kicker, let alone 2.

I guess your idea of decent is different then mine. I was thinking decent as in "doesn't consistantly miss >40 yard fieldgoals".

TEX
08-20-2005, 11:06 PM
Definately Tynes and Bret Williams.

Logical
08-20-2005, 11:27 PM
I would not be all that displeased to see Wesley released but I don't see that happening.

MGRS13
08-20-2005, 11:30 PM
I know this is off topic but does any one know why Gonzalez wasn't playing. I hadn't heard he was going to sit out. Any one got the info? I saw him warming up tonight and he looked fine to me.

Logical
08-20-2005, 11:39 PM
I know this is off topic but does any one know why Gonzalez wasn't playing. I hadn't heard he was going to sit out. Any one got the info? I saw him warming up tonight and he looked fine to me.He was on the injured list, that was all they said on the radio, other than he was only supposed to miss this week.

luv
08-20-2005, 11:40 PM
I know this is off topic but does any one know why Gonzalez wasn't playing. I hadn't heard he was going to sit out. Any one got the info? I saw him warming up tonight and he looked fine to me.
I was wondering the same thing.

MGRS13
08-20-2005, 11:42 PM
He was on the injured list, that was all they said on the radio, other than he was only supposed to miss this week.
thanks.

papasmurf
08-20-2005, 11:54 PM
Maybe we should put a pic of a bouncers nose between the goalpost.

Sig Kauffman
08-21-2005, 12:52 AM
Damon Huard for sure has to go...he just looked awful in the 2 games he's played. As for Tynes, I say light a fire under his ass first...bring in somebody else and have the two fight it out for the job. If Tynes can't handle the pressure, then send him packing.

Logical
08-21-2005, 12:58 AM
Maybe we should put a pic of a bouncers nose between the goalpost.ROFL Now that was pretty funny.

htismaqe
08-21-2005, 05:57 AM
I guess your idea of decent is different then mine. I was thinking decent as in "doesn't consistantly miss >40 yard fieldgoals".

No, we have the same definition.

Elling and Edinger BOTH have worse kicking percentages over the last 2 years than Tynes.

Electric
08-21-2005, 06:13 AM
Damon Huard for sure has to go...he just looked awful in the 2 games he's played. As for Tynes, I say light a fire under his ass first...bring in somebody else and have the two fight it out for the job. If Tynes can't handle the pressure, then send him packing.

I'd bring in more than one kicker to compete. Get all you can, they are basically free as far as the cap goes. You might find someone in the rough that can do what the team needs. And, I agree that Tynes might just need someone else in camp to light him up or an older guy that has been around before that can get into his head or give him pointers on what he is doing wrong.

On an off tangent with Tynes, could the holder be hosing him up? We haven't seen the films that show his placement, if he is off by an undetermined measurement the kicks would move away from center. I'd compare it to a golf swing, if you don't address the ball correctly you hit a bad shot...trust me on this one, I can drive a golf ball 300 yards, 200 straight out and 100 yards to the right. I've been told that I have the ball in the wrong place when I address the ball ( golf pro at the club ).

4th and Long
08-21-2005, 06:16 AM
I'd bring in more than one kicker to compete.
Quick! Name all the good kickers that are currently unemployed!

HemiEd
08-21-2005, 06:55 AM

ehhhhhhh, no response huh. I thought so, it is 0

4th and Long
08-21-2005, 07:01 AM
ehhhhhhh, no response huh. I thought so, it is 0
Exactly. Score yourself 5 bonus points. :D

Electric
08-21-2005, 07:09 AM

I didn't say I had the answers to who, just the method of motivation for the current kicker.

4th and Long
08-21-2005, 07:15 AM
I didn't say I had the answers to who, just the method of motivation for the current kicker.
Your motivational theory is flawed. Observe.

Theory: I offer my employees a motivational incentive of $5000 each on top of their regular salary for next weeks paycheck if they will work harder, be more productive and meet certain quotas.

Reality: I don't have the $5000 per employee to cover the incentive package.

Your theory: Bring in some kicking competition.

In Reality: There are no kickers currently available that are better then Tynes, thus there is no real competition out there.

tiptap
08-21-2005, 07:17 AM
I'd bring in more than one kicker to compete. Get all you can, they are basically free as far as the cap goes. You might find someone in the rough that can do what the team needs. And, I agree that Tynes might just need someone else in camp to light him up or an older guy that has been around before that can get into his head or give him pointers on what he is doing wrong.

On an off tangent with Tynes, could the holder be hosing him up? We haven't seen the films that show his placement, if he is off by an undetermined measurement the kicks would move away from center. I'd compare it to a golf swing, if you don't address the ball correctly you hit a bad shot...trust me on this one, I can drive a golf ball 300 yards, 200 straight out and 100 yards to the right. I've been told that I have the ball in the wrong place when I address the ball ( golf pro at the club ).

This is why you bring in some other kickers. If they have similar problems we can concentrate on the holder. If not then Tynes is the problem. I will say this, Tynes makes the team if he can correct and be consistent on kickoffs. There is no holder's problem there. And getting the ball to the endzone with our offense will be the biggest help to our defense early in the season.

4th and Long
08-21-2005, 07:21 AM
This is why you bring in some other kickers. If they have similar problems we can concentrate on the holder.
1. There are no other "competitive" kickers available. :shake:
2. There's nothing wrong with the bloody holder! :shake:

Warrior5
08-21-2005, 07:33 AM
Why isn't Mc-me-owned on this list. He is utterly lost. He is slow. Both teams so far have picked on him, and he has consistently been burned. Anyone notice the rookie mistake he made last night that would've resulted in an easy 6 for the Cards had it not been called back for a holding penalty? He is gun-shy. He gives way too much cushion.

Dexter is a liability. Short or not, Sapp couldn't do any worse.

Ultra Peanut
08-21-2005, 07:41 AM
2. There's nothing wrong with the bloody holder! :shake: LACES OUT! LACES OUT!!!!!!

Frankie
08-21-2005, 08:42 AM
He was on the injured list, that was all they said on the radio, other than he was only supposed to miss this week.
Didn't he break a finger in the Vikes game? Seems he had it caught in someone's helmet.

MOhillbilly
08-21-2005, 09:08 AM
The whole front office and DV. Keep the OC and the offensive position coaches.

RedThat
08-21-2005, 09:25 AM
Ok I say Brett Williams needs to go, he should get cut immediately.

McCleon should go. He's flat out terrible.

Tynes, Im a little mixed. But, I have to say he's on the brink. I'll give him another chance. If he fails to perform well next game, cut him. Bring another kicker in here.

Washington and Ambrose seem like moves to just barely slide in on the depth charts. They are both terrible, and should get cut.

Damon Huard should get cut. Killian's a better QB.

*Couple of side notes, Trent Green has to stay healthy, if he goes down, it'll pretty much explain our season, over. imo.

*Wesley should be benched. Most overrated, overhyped safety I've seen in Kansas City. Bartee looks like the better safety in the pre-season.

*The Chiefs have to do something with Benny Sapp. Let him try the #2 CB spot for at least one game. And go from there. The guy can play. Chiefs need to make a decision on him.

alanm
08-21-2005, 10:57 AM
He's got a fracture on one of his pinkies. Guess they wanted to get it healed up.

alanm
08-21-2005, 11:03 AM

You know Tom you may have a valid point. Colquitt has, as far as I've heard, never been a holder before. Maybe he hasn't got his technique down and it's screwing Tynes up. :hmmm:

4th and Long
08-21-2005, 11:50 AM
You know Tom you may have a valid point. Colquitt has, as far as I've heard, never been a holder before. Maybe he hasn't got his technique down and it's screwing Tynes up. :hmmm:
That's crap. The replays of the holds were text book. Tynes blows. Deal with it.

Rausch
08-21-2005, 12:28 PM
Tynes blows. Deal with it.

Exactly.

Perhaps we should just have Cold-cuts punt it through the yella' bars...

keg in kc
08-21-2005, 12:30 PM
Perhaps we should just have Cold-cuts punt it through the yella' bars...I wonder if he can drop kick.

Rausch
08-21-2005, 12:32 PM
I wonder if he can drop kick.

That, or we could just hire some Britt soccer player to kick the ball directly from the snap. No holder necessary...

"Field-GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL!1!"

Electric
08-21-2005, 12:48 PM
Your motivational theory is flawed. Observe.

Theory: I offer my employees a motivational incentive of $5000 each on top of their regular salary for next weeks paycheck if they will work harder, be more productive and meet certain quotas.

Reality: I don't have the $5000 per employee to cover the incentive package.

Your theory: Bring in some kicking competition.

In Reality: There are no kickers currently available that are better then Tynes, thus there is no real competition out there.

Your theroy is as flawed as mine might be.

Office workers are the types that you fire if they aren't doing the job.

Kickers, along with other professional athletes, can be motivated if they think their paycheck will go away if they don't correct the problem.

Your point about other "qualified" kickers being available is not relevant to the point, the fact that someone is brought in might make him reasses his training regimen.

Electric
08-21-2005, 12:50 PM
That's crap. The replays of the holds were text book. Tynes blows. Deal with it.

Did the holder put the ball exactly where they had determined the placement should be? I watched the game and the replays on tape. They did not show enough of the attempts to be able to determine the "textbook" holds. You need to accept that you are prejudiced already and not able to make a good determination of what the problem is.

If you can't fix the problem, get a new kicker. What you are saying is throw the baby out with the bath water.

4th and Long
08-21-2005, 12:51 PM
Your theroy is as flawed as mine might be.

Office workers are the types that you fire if they aren't doing the job.

Kickers, along with other professional athletes, can be motivated if they think their paycheck will go away if they don't correct the problem.

Your point about other "qualified" kickers being available is not relevant to the point, the fact that someone is brought in might make him reasses his training regimen.
Bullshit. Complete and utter bullshit. Kickers can be fired at the drop of a hat.

Douche Baggins
08-21-2005, 12:56 PM
I'm pretty concerned about the kicking game right now. And it's not only because Tynes is sucking. It's because, quite honestly, there is no one in free agency that is really any better.

Electric
08-21-2005, 12:59 PM
Bullshit. Complete and utter bullshit. Kickers can be fired at the drop of a hat.

Thank you sir for your opinion. BTW, don't give up your day job.

4th and Long
08-21-2005, 01:02 PM
Thank you sir for your opinion. BTW, don't give up your day job.
Right back atcha, Einstein.

GMitch
08-21-2005, 01:05 PM
And bring in who to replace him? You just blew your own point.

Bringing in another kicker, even one who isn't obviously better, is a motivator just because he MIGHT be better. Change your original post...don't offer your employees $5000. Tell them you're bringing in someone to compete for their jobs. Even someone who is untrained MIGHT take their job and would motivate them. It isn't what is, it's what might be.

4th and Long
08-21-2005, 01:08 PM
And bring in who to replace him? You just blew your own point.

Bringing in another kicker, even one who isn't obviously better, is a motivator just because he MIGHT be better. Change your original post...don't offer your employees $5000. Tell them you're bringing in someone to compete for their jobs. Even someone who is untrained MIGHT take their job and would motivate them. It isn't what is, it's what might be.
Here's a little suggestion for ya dipshit. It helps if you read the ENTIRE thread before posting an idiotic comment like the one you just laid down. I've said numerous times, and not just on this thread, that there is no reliable kicker on the market at this time. Damn n00bs.

GMitch
08-21-2005, 01:14 PM
Here's a little suggestion for ya dipshit. It helps if you read the ENTIRE thread before posting an idiotic comment like the one you just laid down. I've said numerous times, and not just on this thread, that there is no reliable kicker on the market at this time. Damn n00bs.
Exactly! That's why you can't "fire a kicker at the drop of a hat". You have to motivate the one you have.

(I did read the entire thread.. That's how I knew you were trying to work both sides of the argument. Damned old fart poster. ) :p

4th and Long
08-21-2005, 01:19 PM
Exactly! That's why you can't "fire a kicker at the drop of a hat". You have to motivate the one you have.

(I did read the entire thread.. That's how I knew you were trying to work both sides of the argument. Damned old fart poster. ) :p
Damn. I've been busted for riding both sides of the fence! ROFL

Truth be told, in my heart of hearts, I want to believe that part of Tynes problem is his off the field altercation. It's eating at him. I'm betting Carl and Dick both rode him like a pony for that stunt. He's so focused on being a screwup and being in the dog house that he can't concentrate. Hell, the guy is facing a felony charge. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he's just ready to quit on his own.

GMitch
08-21-2005, 01:24 PM
Damn. I've been busted for riding both sides of the fence! ROFL

Truth be told, in my heart of hearts, I want to believe that part of Tynes problem is his off the field altercation. It's eating at him. I'm betting Carl and Dick both rode him like a pony for that stunt. He's so focused on being a screwup and being in the dog house that he can't concentrate. Hell, the guy is facing a felony charge. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he's just ready to quit on his own.
I agree with you here. You could see it in his face on the sideline after the second miss. He's lost confidence in himself. (Hmmm, maybe he just needs some motivation.)

(Like your avatar and signature, by the way.)

alanm
08-21-2005, 01:28 PM
I wonder if he can drop kick.
I can and I'll play for cheap. $100,000 :)

Electric
08-21-2005, 02:17 PM
Right back atcha, Einstein.

At least I've got a day job!!!

Electric
08-21-2005, 02:20 PM
I can and I'll play for cheap. $100,000 :)

Don't tell 4 - i - L, He'll have to offer his office help $100,000 each if he wants better production from them.

Always remember, don't kick a knuckler into the wind!!!

Frankie
08-21-2005, 05:59 PM
I can miss 2 out of 3 attempts for half Tynes' salary.

milkman
08-21-2005, 06:08 PM
2. There's nothing wrong with the bloody holder! :shake:

Dammit!
Did Tynes punch HIM in the nose, too? :cuss: :)

ChiefsFanatik88
08-21-2005, 06:52 PM

He aggravated a finger in practice. Decided to hold him out for precautionary measures.

Electric
08-21-2005, 07:59 PM
Dammit!
Did Tynes punch HIM in the nose, too? :cuss: :)

Probably after the last two FG holds. Check out what is said this week.