PDA

View Full Version : Who on the Planet posted on the Star BB in 1995 or before?

Logical
08-20-2005, 10:50 PM
So who else was around in 95 that is still on here now, I believe Bob Dole was, possibly Phil, some of the people that founded 37 Forever. I am having a hard time remembering.

Please post your name and year started in a post as well as voting in the poll. I screwed up and meant to make the poll so we could see how everyone voted. Sorry

Logical
08-20-2005, 10:56 PM
1995 started posting as ChiefsfaninSD changed it to Logical sometime within the first 6 months after a short stint as Borg.

TEX
08-20-2005, 10:58 PM
I was there in 1996 as KC-CHIEFS-FAN-TX. Man that was a LONG time ago. I remeber that thing used to crash all the time - especially towards the end.

Luzap
08-20-2005, 10:59 PM
Sorry Jim...

I don't have any idea what year I started posting at The Star.

Luz
somewhere around that time...

BigMeatballDave
08-20-2005, 11:03 PM
I arrived in '99...

Logical
08-20-2005, 11:04 PM
Sorry Jim...

I don't have any idea what year I started posting at The Star.

Luz
somewhere around that time...Luz I am pretty sure you were there when I got there so mark yourself down for 1995.

FloridaChief
08-20-2005, 11:07 PM
Started posting at the Star BB in '97. Anyone know what year that board started?

Luzap
08-20-2005, 11:08 PM
Done.

morphius
08-20-2005, 11:09 PM
Luz I am pretty sure you were there when I got there so mark yourself down for 1995.
morphius there as well. All I know is I started a couple months after kphobia, don't remember the year.

Mosbonian
08-20-2005, 11:09 PM
As best I can recall....in 1995 it was:

You
Me
DEnise
Phil
Bob Dole
Russ

EDIT:

Morph
Luzap

After that I can't be real sure.....some people have changed names. It would be good to see what people respond...

mmaddog

Logical
08-20-2005, 11:13 PM
morphius there as well. All I know is I started a couple months after kphobia, don't remember the year.Yup I definitely remember you. Coures I also have an Avatar now thanks to you. I still think it is great by the way.

Logical
08-20-2005, 11:14 PM
It will be interesting to see when Gaz started, I remember him from way back as well.

Saulbadguy
I was in 8th grade.

Luzap
Wasn't KCTitas around then as well?

Luz
or did he come on board soon after???...

Mosbonian
1995 started posting as ChiefsfaninSD changed it to Logical sometime within the first 6 months after a short stint as Borg.

LOL....I forgot all about the Borg nickname...

mmaddog

Logical
08-20-2005, 11:15 PM
I was in 8th grade.Slacker, I think Slayer started in 8th grade ROFL

Logical
08-20-2005, 11:16 PM

Luz
or did he come on board soon after???...Definitely a long timer, not sure when he started.

morphius
08-20-2005, 11:18 PM
Yup I definitely remember you. Coures I also have an Avatar now thanks to you. I still think it is great by the way.
Glad you still like!

morphius
Definitely a long timer, not sure when he started.
See, I thought he joined right after me.

Saulbadguy
Slacker, I think Slayer started in 8th grade ROFL
Heh. I had the internet back then, I know that much. Wasn't too interested in football then though, although I watched a Chiefs game once in awhile, and had a Chiefs jacket. I was more in to Hockey and the NBA.

Mosbonian

Luz

I think he was there late in 1995...I could be wrong.

mmaddog

Mr. Kotter
08-20-2005, 11:19 PM
I lurked mostly at the Star Board beginning in the 97 season......had fewer than 200 or so posts over three years, IIRC. I remember seeing some of you guys there, I was some RobKCfan-type username for a while, but switched to SDChiefsfan before the end: then lurked here for the 2000 season....along with some of the other sites, including PigSkinPark.

I had no idea, I'd become addicted to the place the way I have.

Logical
08-20-2005, 11:20 PM
See, I thought he joined right after me.He might have, probably won't know till Monday as I recall he rarely posts on Sunday unless it is a gameday.

Mosbonian
08-20-2005, 11:25 PM

Luz

Darn you Luzap....I just noticed that your post count is so low that I might have to abandon my title of Last Inconspicuous Planeteer...:banghead:

mmaddog

Mosbonian
08-20-2005, 11:28 PM
Hey...I'll give rep to the person who can show they were on the old Star Board before me....I am sure there was probably someone here who was, just not sure who.

mmaddog

Dave Lane
08-20-2005, 11:29 PM
I think I started on the KCStar board in 1996 late in the year.

Dave

Logical
08-20-2005, 11:37 PM
Darn you Luzap....I just noticed that your post count is so low that I might have to abandon my title of Last Inconspicuous Planeteer...:banghead:

mmaddog
Actually I think that distinction belongs to either

Yosef Malkovitch http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=23

or AZChief http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=107

Dave Lane
08-20-2005, 11:45 PM

And I am about half your rate as well.

Dave

Mosbonian
08-20-2005, 11:50 PM
And I am about half your rate as well.

Dave

Wow....I'm farther down the list than I thought.....

Time to look for a new schtick....

mmaddog

Phobia
08-20-2005, 11:53 PM
It will be interesting to see when Gaz started, I remember him from way back as well.
I saw a guy in a "33" Gazaway at the tailgate tonight. -He was much younger than our version, though. Maybe a son?

Phobia
08-20-2005, 11:55 PM

I dunno - I met WisChief tonight. In fact, he's crashed in the guest bedroom at the moment.

Logical
08-20-2005, 11:56 PM

mmaddog
*******Dude you need no new schtick you are still one of the all time funniest Planeteers when you put your mind to it. Many times you have had me in stitches.

ROYC75
08-20-2005, 11:57 PM
I started in 96 as Stringbean........ didn't post much, basically just looked around.

I lost my password one day and signed up as ROYC75 in 98.

Didn't start posting regularly until 98, Naptown and myself was hitting the old rivals BB hard , bitch slapping confrence foes.

Phobia
08-20-2005, 11:57 PM
IIRC, I started posting on the star board when I was in Okinawa - which would have been Dec 93 and for most of 94. I doubt I would have immediately started posting there because I was introduced to the 'net sometime in 94. I probably found the star's board shortly after that if at all. I can't be certain, of course.

Mosbonian
08-21-2005, 12:02 AM
IIRC, I started posting on the star board when I was in Okinawa - which would have been Dec 93 and for most of 94. I doubt I would have immediately started posting there because I was introduced to the 'net sometime in 94. I probably found the star's board shortly after that if at all. I can't be certain, of course.

You must have changed names...I remember when you took the Kphobia name on the Star Board...

mmaddog

Mosbonian
08-21-2005, 12:06 AM
Dude you need no new schtick you are still one of the all time funniest Planeteers when you put your mind to it. Many times you have had me in stitches.

Thanks Logic....although I am pretty sure I take a back seat to Iowanian and Bob Dole...a couple of others....

There are days that work has been a pretty big pain in the ass....I come to the board and hunt down the "Iowanian Keyboard of Doom" or the Infamous Poop Thread....makes me laugh till I am in tears....

mmaddog

Logical
08-21-2005, 12:07 AM
I dunno - I met WisChief tonight. In fact, he's crashed in the guest bedroom at the moment.Nah those two both joined in the first couple of days and have less than a 1000 posts each, yet still post. WisChief has over 3000 an impressively low total but not in the lowest 5.

Actually I just found one even lower than the others.

The Grand Illusion with only 419 posts and started 8/20 and just posted on 8/17/2005 now that is an infrequent poster. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=104

Wow here may be the record holder, started on 8/21/2000 has only 286 posts and posted today so he is still active Boise_Chief http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=40

Phobia
08-21-2005, 12:08 AM
You must have changed names...I remember when you took the Kphobia name on the Star Board...

mmaddog

I was initially Kloster Phobia under which I didn't post often. I think I got out of the Corps and lost my password for Kloster Phobia and had no way of accessing my usmc.mil email to retrieve that info, so I signed up as KPhobia.

Logical
08-21-2005, 12:13 AM
Sometimes I feel like a BB historian, it is fun remembering all this stuff. Waxman, Mike Keck, JQ, and all that stuff. Remember how excited everybody got when that What does everyone look like thread approached 1000 posts, it became a really big deal to get a post numbered on the 100 mark and huge to get the 1000th post. And no I am not talking the Big Daddy picture thread.

Mosbonian
08-21-2005, 12:20 AM
Sometimes I feel like a BB historian, it is fun remembering all this stuff. Waxman, Mike Keck, JQ, and all that stuff. Remember how excited everybody got when that What does everyone look like thread approached 1000 posts, it became a really big deal to get a post numbered on the 100 mark and huge to get the 1000th post. And no I am not talking the Big Daddy picture thread.

Sportswax was a classic.....he was probably the only guy who ever came close to the ultimate Oedipus complex on the BB.

Secret Agent Mike Keck....I still laugh everytime that name is mentioned......

You guys remember the guy whose sig line was "I got a Woody"....got kicked off the Star Board until he could prove he actually owned an old Woody Station wagon?

mmaddog

Phobia
08-21-2005, 12:26 AM
You guys remember the guy whose sig line was "I got a Woody"....got kicked off the Star Board until he could prove he actually owned an old Woody Station wagon?

I do not remember that. Wow, what a piece of work that old admin was....

For the record, I have no idea when I actually joined that old board, nor do I purport to be the most senior member. I am very likely not the most senior member and I'll defer to anybody pre-96. I was quite busy in 95. I flew to a different city every other day in 95, so I couldn't have been on too often.

Logical
08-21-2005, 12:26 AM
Sportswax was a classic.....he was probably the only guy who ever came close to the ultimate Oedipus complex on the BB.

Secret Agent Mike Keck....I still laugh everytime that name is mentioned......

mmaddog

Sportswax that was it. I had half the username and just took a shot. Did you know he once showed up over here at the Planet and was still supposedly peddling NFL candles?

Logical
08-21-2005, 12:28 AM
I was initially Kloster Phobia under which I didn't post often. I think I got out of the Corps and lost my password for Kloster Phobia and had no way of accessing my usmc.mil email to retrieve that info, so I signed up as KPhobia.:hmmm: I swear I did not start until 95 but yet I remember Kloster Phobia I don't know how that can be.

Phobia
08-21-2005, 12:28 AM
Sportswax that was it. I had half the username and just took a shot. Did you know he once showed up over here at the Planet and was still supposedly peddling NFL candles?

Yup. Dude could have been peddling space ships and he would have sold just as many....

Phobia
08-21-2005, 12:29 AM
:hmmm: I swear I did not start until 95 but yet I remember Kloster Phobia I don't know how that can be.

It's possible I'm confused. I can't be certain of anything between 94 and 97. Those were pretty rough years with the ex.

Chiefaholic
08-21-2005, 12:30 AM
I honestly don't recall what year I started posting on the Star boards. I recall talking about Montana, Allen, Hill, Bennett, John Alts retirement, the incredible defense we had during the mid 90's, and many other topics befor the Star shut down their boards. I also talked on the old CNN/SI boards as well befor they met their fate at a later date.

I came here and post occasionally, but I'm a lurker 90% of the time, even though I'm here almost every day to check for updates.

Logical
08-21-2005, 12:30 AM
Does anybody know whether AustinChief posted at the old Star BB? If so I am thinking he must have had a different username because I don't recall that username until we all showed up here.

Mosbonian
08-21-2005, 12:31 AM

Still peddling those relics? Didn't he claim that he was tight with Joe Montana too?

mmaddog

Logical
08-21-2005, 12:33 AM
It's possible I'm confused. I can't be certain of anything between 94 and 97. Those were pretty rough years with the ex.Well it could be me, I have a pretty good imagination and I may have turned Kphobia into Klosterphobia on my own. I know I spent hours trying to figure out where htismaqe came from, I thought maybe it was an anagram) boy was that a waste of time.ROFL

Logical
08-21-2005, 12:34 AM
Still peddling those relics? Didn't he claim that he was tight with Joe Montana too?

mmaddog
*******No it was Warren Moon, I am pretty positive about that.

2bikemike
08-21-2005, 12:36 AM
I was on there I just don't remember exactly when it was. I do know I was on during the final death throws.

Mosbonian
08-21-2005, 12:37 AM
Would be interesting to hear when Bob Dole and Russ started....I think Russ was on the board when I signed on....DEnise came on after I did, because she was using the DEnise Tavaka-something or other when she first signed on.

There was some guy named Spiro that was pretty rugged too...he was almost as bi-Polar as some of our more recent inhabitants...

man...I am having some Star Board flashbacks now :hmmm:

mmaddog

Mosbonian
08-21-2005, 12:38 AM
No it was Warren Moon, I am pretty positive about that.

That's right.....I stand corrected.

mmaddog

Logical
08-21-2005, 12:39 AM
I was on there I just don't remember exactly when it was. I do know I was on during the final death throws.That would have been 2000 then.

Mosbonian
08-21-2005, 12:40 AM
Does anybody know whether AustinChief posted at the old Star BB? If so I am thinking he must have had a different username because I don't recall that username until we all showed up here.

Seems to me I recall him using his real name when he signed on....then changed it. But I can't remember to what....

mmaddog

Logical
08-21-2005, 12:40 AM
Would be interesting to hear when Bob Dole and Russ started....I think Russ was on the board when I signed on....DEnise came on after I did, because she was using the DEnise Tavaka-something or other when she first signed on.

There was some guy named Spiro that was pretty rugged too...he was almost as bi-Polar as some of our more recent inhabitants...

man...I am having some Star Board flashbacks now :hmmm:

mmaddog

Haha you just made me remember

General Ganz

Mosbonian
08-21-2005, 12:44 AM
Haha you just made me remember

General Ganz

How could anyone forget General Ganz???? :rolleyes:

mmaddog

Logical
08-21-2005, 12:47 AM
How could anyone forget General Ganz???? :rolleyes:

mmaddog
*******Actually what that reminds me most of is just how many trolls that BB attracted. It was comical really.

Phobia
08-21-2005, 12:47 AM
No it was Warren Moon, I am pretty positive about that.

Thomas claimed to have been tight with Montana as well. He said he was playing golf with Joe one time when a helicopter landed on the 3rd hole's green and whisked Joe away.

Logical
08-21-2005, 12:49 AM
Thomas claimed to have been tight with Montana as well. He said he was playing golf with Joe one time when a helicopter landed on the 3rd hole's green and whisked Joe away.ROFL now that is funny.

2bikemike
08-21-2005, 12:51 AM
That would have been 2000 then.

So I guess I probably joined in 97 or so. I believe I was there about 3 years. I didn't do a whole lot of posting. Didn't the old star board stop and start a few times before it finally died?

Logical
08-21-2005, 12:56 AM
So I guess I probably joined in 97 or so. I believe I was there about 3 years. I didn't do a whole lot of posting. Didn't the old star board stop and start a few times before it finally died?Not exactly, but they had some sort of technical problem that kept them off line for a couple of days here and there. Then there was the bannings and the great exodus, and people were doing things to make the mods life miserable (hell I was one of them, silly me I thought I could beat them down) so they shut it down for a day or two then it was up till they announced the shutdown. I really just lurked there after August 2000 and I think they shutdown in late November or maybe December, DEnise could tell you exactly because she was buds with Becky and stayed to the shutdown.

cdcox
08-21-2005, 12:58 AM
I'm guessing here, but I'd say 1996. Could have been '95. I was mostly a lurker.

mcan
08-21-2005, 05:54 AM
I believe I started posting in late 1998, or 1999. I only had a couple posts though as "Madden2." I started becoming an internet person and posting all the time as "mmccann2333" in 2000. When I got here, it didn't take me long to change my user name to the less cumbersome "mcan."

htismaqe
08-21-2005, 05:55 AM
I joined in late 98, after a year or so on the CBS Sportsline Chiefs board...

Gaz
08-21-2005, 06:14 AM
I am thinking it was probably 96. However, I remember a poster named Borg [yes, I am a geek, thank you very much], so maybe it was 95? I also seem to recall that the Bob Dole persona sprang from the closet sometime after I finally stopped lurking and started posting.

Then again, I am lucky to remember where I live, much less when I started posting on a BB, so all of this is conjecture WAY after the fact.

xoxo~
Gaz
Currently under indictment for slaying multitudes of brain cells.

mcan
08-21-2005, 06:57 AM
I remember:

-People posting recipies to bombard threads started by trolls.

-KCJohnny pimping Donnell Bennet

-Pacfan and his "media guides."

-Carlton Grey coming on after the Minnesota game and saying, "Man, you guys are rough, I hope I never miss another tackle again."

mikey23545
08-21-2005, 07:09 AM
Geez, I don't know for sure but I would guess I "discovered" the Star BB around 98...Maybe 97.

As far as posters who have been around a long time, but don't have astronomical post totals, I think I deserve a mention... :)

Warrior5
08-21-2005, 07:27 AM
I started posting on the Star BB in either 95 or 96; can't remember when, but it was under a different username.

Definitely remember Jason Ernzen.

JimNasium
08-21-2005, 07:33 AM
I started lurking in 1996. Probably only posted 10 times. I can't ever remember what my username was.

mlyonsd
08-21-2005, 07:36 AM
I think I found that board in either 98 or 99. I voted for 99.

Bob Dole
08-21-2005, 07:45 AM
I am thinking it was probably 96. However, I remember a poster named Borg [yes, I am a geek, thank you very much], so maybe it was 95? I also seem to recall that the Bob Dole persona sprang from the closet sometime after I finally stopped lurking and started posting.

Bob Dole posted as Sloat before the Bob Dole schtick emerged in response to the political stuff.

the Talking Can
08-21-2005, 07:49 AM
1999...I think

Gaz
08-21-2005, 07:58 AM
Bob Dole posted as Sloat before the Bob Dole schtick emerged in response to the political stuff.

Yah, I remember Sloat.

So, what year was that?

xoxo~
Gaz
Lost in a fog of his own creation.

Boise_Chief
08-21-2005, 07:59 AM

Nope I've gotta be the winner in least conspicuous poster. Started on the star board in 97 as my real name and changed to Boise_Chief after some argument with Russ and I and a "satanist" poster called sinister or something.

Mosbonian
08-21-2005, 08:06 AM
I started posting on the Star BB in either 95 or 96; can't remember when, but it was under a different username.

Definitely remember Jason Ernzen.

There's a name I've managed to forget until now....

mmaddog

Boise_Chief
08-21-2005, 08:06 AM
Nah those two both joined in the first couple of days and have less than a 1000 posts each, yet still post. WisChief has over 3000 an impressively low total but not in the lowest 5.

Actually I just found one even lower than the others.

The Grand Illusion with only 419 posts and started 8/20 and just posted on 8/17/2005 now that is an infrequent poster. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=104

Wow here may be the record holder, started on 8/21/2000 has only 286 posts and posted today so he is still active Boise_Chief http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=40

Hehehe that's what I get for readding threads backwards.
Sean

memyselfI
08-21-2005, 08:09 AM
Ah, the memories. Do you think those who've moved on from these boards remember those they left behind...and still post about us? ROFL

Mosbonian
08-21-2005, 08:10 AM

We were trying to remember if you, Phil, or I were the "senior" member (not age-wise) of this pack of long-time Chief's fans.

I was guessing my entry time at around late 1994/early 1995 on the old Star Board....

mmaddog

mlyonsd
08-21-2005, 08:11 AM
Ah, the memories. Do you think those who've moved on from these boards remember those they left behind...and still post about us? ROFL

When did you show up? I thought you were never going to post over here. :Poke:

memyselfI
08-21-2005, 08:12 AM
We were trying to remember if you, Phil, or I were the "senior" member (not age-wise) of this pack of long-time Chief's fans.

I was guessing my entry time at around late 1994/early 1995 on the old Star Board....

mmaddog

All I know is I've known some of you guys longer than I have my kids...

:eek:

memyselfI
08-21-2005, 08:13 AM

I wish Snopes would put that myth on their website. ROFL

Mosbonian
08-21-2005, 08:13 AM
I am thinking it was probably ’96. However, I remember a poster named Borg [yes, I am a geek, thank you very much], so maybe it was ’95? I also seem to recall that the Bob Dole persona sprang from the closet sometime after I finally stopped lurking and started posting.

Then again, I am lucky to remember where I live, much less when I started posting on a BB, so all of this is conjecture WAY after the fact.

xoxo~
Gaz
Currently under indictment for slaying multitudes of brain cells.

I remember when you came on the Star Board using your full name...

My first user handle was Knightmare....changed to Kilroy for a while, then went to my present moniker.

mmaddog

Baby Lee
08-21-2005, 08:15 AM
Gaz

Chili night?

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
08-21-2005, 08:15 AM

I think she shows up over here just enough to keep from getting bounced for being a "DC Forum only" member.

JOhn
08-21-2005, 08:16 AM
I started posting in 96 or 97, can't remember back that far very well. :hmmm:

Mosbonian
08-21-2005, 08:17 AM
All I know is I've known some of you guys longer than I have my kids...

:eek:

(Best Congressional Hearing Voice)

Senator....I did not have carnal relations with THAT woman :eek:

mmaddog

JOhn
08-21-2005, 08:19 AM

No, that was a figment of our imagination. :rolleyes:

[sarcasm off]

Luzap
08-21-2005, 11:15 AM
Among other things, I remember Pacman and the H-Back as well as Sofiesty (right Denise?), and putting together the first BB 'All Idiot Team' ~ I think it was Pacman that dubbed some of us 'idiots' and we ran with it.

Luz
those were the days...

Rausch
08-21-2005, 11:29 AM
98 here...

Logical
08-21-2005, 11:33 AM

Definitely remember Jason Ernzen.Jason Ernzen the gochiefs of the Star BB.ROFL

Mosbonian
08-21-2005, 12:37 PM
Jason Ernzen the gochiefs of the Star BB.ROFL

Wasn't he a Dallas Cowboys pimp?

mmaddog

morphius
08-21-2005, 12:39 PM

mmaddog
I believe so.

I'm starting to think 1997.

DaKCMan AP
08-21-2005, 12:40 PM
Can't remember exactly, but probably 96 or 97. Same name or just dakcman without the ap.

memyselfI
08-21-2005, 01:24 PM

mmaddog

I thought it was Enzren and yes, he loved da boys. :hmmm:

These newbies here crack me up getting there panties in a bunch over what they think is flamebaiting and uncivil discourse. Sigh, those days were like cockfights, er, so to speak. ROFL

Jmart
08-21-2005, 01:36 PM
I was on there in 96 or 97. Didn't Ernzen post here a couple times? That guy was hilarious.

DaneMcCloud
08-21-2005, 01:47 PM
'96 I think. Definitely 1997, because I remember all the Grlback-Gannon debates.

memyselfI
08-21-2005, 02:01 PM
'96 I think. Definitely 1997, because I remember all the Grlback-Gannon debates.

Those debates make the political postings/debates of today look like a tea party. ROFL

Michael Michigan
08-21-2005, 03:17 PM
I wish Snopes would put that myth on their website.

You'd lose that one.

I've been around long enough to recall when you and Vlad posted using your first and last names as usernames on the Star BB.

Logical
08-21-2005, 03:18 PM
Jason Ernzen the gochiefs of the Star BB.ROFLYup, but I think he was more just a bandwagon sort of fan.

Logical
08-21-2005, 03:20 PM
You'd lose that one.

I've been around long enough to recall when you and Vlad posted using your first and last names as usernames on the Star BB.At least for me that would be odd as I started out as ChiefsfaninSD then went to Borg then to Logical. Though I never ever hid my name so it was known from early on. Pretty sure I never used it as a username.

Michael Michigan
08-21-2005, 03:24 PM
At least for me that would be odd as I started out as ChiefsfaninSD then went to Borg then to Logical. Though I never ever hid my name so it was known from early on. Pretty sure I never used it as a username.

Let me clarify:

The used to show up like this:

ChiefsfaninSD (Jim ********)

De nise 515 (De nise ****************)

morphius
08-21-2005, 03:31 PM
You'd lose that one.

I've been around long enough to recall when you and Vlad posted using your first and last names as usernames on the Star BB.
It's her, "I refuse to be wrong no matter how many lies and squiggles I have to make", posting style she has had since she learned it from Clinton...

Morphius
Not trying to make it political at all, but come on, its the same damn style.

morphius
08-21-2005, 03:32 PM
Let me clarify:

De nise 515 (De nise ****************)
Yup, it listed both the username and the persons real name right next to it.

Valiant
08-21-2005, 03:47 PM

mmaddog

Most active, non-poster???

Valiant
08-21-2005, 03:49 PM
I think 99 maybe 98 was when I was there and pigskinpark...

I think I went by Kccudda or Cody there not sure anymore...

Logical
08-21-2005, 03:53 PM
Let me clarify:

De nise 515 (De nise ****************)Good memory, I remember it now that you mention it.

memyselfI
08-21-2005, 05:05 PM
You'd lose that one.

No, I wouldn't because there are people around who also say they did not see me say that. They remember what I did say. Which is that I'd likely never be a regular here but that I'd fly by on occasion. Seems that most of my detractors turned that into a 'never post here' pledge. :rolleyes:

Deberg_1990
08-21-2005, 05:06 PM
I think i might have?? im not really sure?? Maybe around 1996 or 1997?? I do remember i used to post on the old ESPN message boards back in 1995 if anybody used to post on there? They were free back in those days.

Luzap
08-21-2005, 05:21 PM
No, I wouldn't because there are people around who also say they did not see me say that. They remember what I did say. Which is that I'd likely never be a regular here but that I'd fly by on occasion. Seems that most of my detractors turned that into a 'never post here' pledge. :rolleyes:

The above is an excellent example of 'squiggling'. IMO, it takes real talant to be able to think in the convoluted fashion necessary to be a true squiggler.

In recognition of such rare and outstanding ability, we have given Denise her own icon.

Luz
showing the newbies the history of their planet...

memyselfI
08-21-2005, 05:31 PM
The above is an excellent example of 'squiggling'. IMO, it takes real talant to be able to think in the convoluted fashion necessary to be a true squiggler.

In recognition of such rare and outstanding ability, we have given Denise her own icon.

Luz
showing the newbies the history of their planet...

Yeah, and much to your delight I managed to do an about face and become a regular here afterall...

so I did, in effect, change my mind. But not that I would never post here rather that I wouldn't post here 20k times. Dang, if I had not been a woman perhaps I wouldn't have changed my mind (seeing that no man here has EVER done so)....but I digress, it's my prerogative. :p ;)

I think the fashionable term for that is now flip/flop.

memyselfI
08-21-2005, 05:35 PM
PS. Luz, nice to see you around again. I guess I should be flattered that it takes me to do it. :p

milkman
08-21-2005, 05:43 PM
Well, I tore up my knee, and had reconstructive knee surgery in July of '97, and found the Star BB while I was rehabbing.

So I guess it was August of '97 when I joined.

Started out with my real name as my user name, then changed to milkman, which I held onto until the last few months here.

jAZ
08-21-2005, 06:18 PM
1997... "pappaj" IRC. Used that name here in the beginning as well. Then Justin, then jAZ.

mlyonsd
08-21-2005, 06:32 PM
1997... "pappaj" IRC. Used that name here in the beginning as well. Then Justin, then jAZ.

Must suck when you F'up posting up so bad you have to change your name periodically.

Archie F. Swin
08-21-2005, 06:57 PM
Started posting on the Star board in the summer of 2000. The interent was about 8 months pregnant with the planet so I didnt stay at the Star long enough to remember what my handle was. Dont mattah no how. Signed on to the planet as "chief red pants"

SDChief
08-21-2005, 06:58 PM
I started lurking there right after I joined the computer age in 96 or 97. I can't even remember my user name, and I probably had less than 100 posts, so I'm sure none of you would remember me. But I remember tuning in for the great Grbac debates, the great denise debates, and even the great planet migration and latter debates.

Archie F. Swin
08-21-2005, 07:02 PM
we need to have a Planet "Class of 2000" 5 year reunion thread...interesting to see the span of post counts

Mr. Kotter
08-21-2005, 07:26 PM
.... Dang, if I had not been a woman perhaps I wouldn't have changed my mind (seeing that no man here has EVER done so).....

Well, TJ did change his mind. :hmmm:

Oh, wait.....you said, no man... :)

Dartgod
08-21-2005, 09:03 PM
I joined around '97 or '98 I believe. I was Dartgod there also.

I remember Gaz trying to rehab trolls, then finally realizing it was a futile effort. I also remember Gax trying to help Ernzen make some money by letting people smack him around for cash.

alanm
08-21-2005, 09:35 PM
Late 96 because I bought my 1st home computer just after Thanksgiving that year. I've always been alanm. Not very original but it works. :)

Michael Michigan
08-22-2005, 12:24 AM
No, I wouldn't because there are people around who also say they did not see me say that.

Well that proves it, they didn't see it, huh? I didn't see Rich Gannon throw all five interceptions in a Super Bowl, does that mean it didn't happen?

I deal with spin and revision all the time.

I recall it exactly the way it was, you said you'd never post here.

Just like I recall many of the early posters complete names as I pointed out to Jim earlier.

I don't care--you changed your mind, big fuggin' deal. You've got nearly 20,000 posts to prove it.

Grow a pair and admit it.

Bob Dole
08-22-2005, 03:19 AM
Yah, I remember Sloat.

So, what year was that?

xoxo~
Gaz

It's a widespread fog.

Bob Dole is fairly certain it had a "19" in it.

tk13
08-22-2005, 03:31 AM
It's a widespread fog.

47 I believe. I remember "TrumanLiedPeopleDied" throwing a fit every other day. Man that sucked.

DenverChief
08-22-2005, 03:32 AM
1999...for a while before pigskin park came alive bounced back and forth between there and the planet....I moderated there for a while then the place just flat out died...moved here in 03 for good

DenverChief
08-22-2005, 03:34 AM
"TrumanLiedPeopleDied" ROFLROFLROFL

Skip Towne
08-22-2005, 05:57 AM
1957. I was the only one on the intranet at that time.

huskerdooz
08-22-2005, 06:11 AM
Although I didn't post a great deal (kind of like here), I was on there sometime around 96-97 I believe.

huskerdooz
08-22-2005, 06:13 AM
You and Al Gore. Right?

Bob Dole
08-22-2005, 06:22 AM

Except back then is was called the communalbigchieftablet.

KCTitus
08-22-2005, 07:03 AM
1997, I think...I really dont remember, I just know it was a long time ago.

Jason Ernzen was a cowboys fan, but his second favorite team was the chiefs.

Back then Denise was a Elway fan and her second favorite team was Gannon...err...the Chiefs.

Steve Beebee was the CIA agent/assassin and Mike Keck was the poster who wanted to meet Phil at the airport and fight. Keck also claimed to be a lineman for one of the FL schools--Miami or Florida State, cant remember. Later the 'real' Keck (probably sobered up) posted an apology stating it was his brother who logged in and was acting like an a$$.

Trolls galore back then, but my favorite were the bronco homers...alas, they had just won their first of 2 SB's and were pretty much insufferable. Vance was the worst, and his sidekick Drew Thorn was just as bad. I remember Vance posting long diatribes about the 'steal of FA' that year which was Dale Carter. And of course, after the 98 season, all of them posting how great Bubby Brister will be leading the Broncos to another SB--the 'System' argument.

Other posters back then included a jettio like poster named Bob Barker, JD Smith who allways wanted to draft OL in the first round, Jeff Miller who once stated that Moon's QB rating was 1992.5 (max rating is 158.3) , Sportswax who loved Moon also, and last but not least my old buddy 'Priest Holmes reminds me of Donnell Bennett' Packfan.

morphius
08-22-2005, 07:07 AM
Well, if Titus and Dartgod are saying 1997 and that is kind of what I guessed for myself as well, and I know they started around the time I did, then I'm going to go with that.

WisChief
08-22-2005, 07:10 AM
I dunno - I met WisChief tonight. In fact, he's crashed in the guest bedroom at the moment.

And I most certainly appreciate the fact that Phil and Pink let me do so - it would have been a very long trip back to Chicago had they not offered. Thanks!!!

As far as the star board - Phil and I were just talking about this at the game. We thought it had been at least 8 years since we've "known" each other (finally met for the first time Sat night) so that would make it about 96-97 that I found the star board. I think I used WisChief there too, but posted very very little. The last year and a half here have been slim too because of job change, but I can still lurk and do.

Someone mentioned Ken and his idiots thus forming the All-Idiot Team. Didn't Mark start that whole episode and didn't we have 2 or 3 versions over the years? Funny stuff! ROFL And I never did get that damn AMC Pacer I demanded in my contract negotiations! :cuss: ROFL

Phobia
08-22-2005, 07:15 AM
What time did you leave? I didn't get moving until almost 9:00.

WisChief
08-22-2005, 07:17 AM
7:30

I woke up had no clue where I was.

Believe it or not, I made it out of the neighborhood easily too.

Phobia
08-22-2005, 07:20 AM
That's the part I was worried about. You didn't know how to get back to the highway. Heh.

My body told me that morning that I'd consumed far more beers than I'd realized the night before.

DanT
08-22-2005, 09:56 AM
I'm not sure when I started on the Star BB. It was a while ago, though. I still remember a lot of the old-timers names, which used to appear alongside their nicknames--folks like mikey23545, BIG DADDY, Gaz, mmaddog, Vlad (aka jerey).

jerey's posts were islands of sanity in an ocean of Chiefs front-office bashing, if I recall correctly. ;)

Does anybody know what became of Nate Alexander? (He didn't post a lot, but he always had interesting takes.)

ChiTown
08-22-2005, 10:14 AM
I think it was early 1997.

I used to go by WildCatPat and then switched my name shortly therafter.

Best poster on the Star BB, imo, was a guy named RedMan. Excellent football takes, very level-headed, and he unfortunately had move on due to work related issues (I think)

memyselfI
08-22-2005, 12:27 PM
Does anybody know what became of Nate Alexander? (He didn't post a lot, but he always had interesting takes.)

Wasn't he Mr. Haiku? :hmmm:

DanT
08-22-2005, 12:31 PM
Wasn't he Mr. Haiku? :hmmm:

I don't remember that. Was he?

MOhillbilly
08-22-2005, 12:34 PM
In 95' the only CPU id ever turned on was a commadore 64.Come to think of it i dont think i ever turned a cpu(w/ internerd) on till 00'-01'.

Mr. Kotter
08-22-2005, 12:35 PM
I think it was early 1997.

I used to go by WildCatPat and then switched my name shortly therafter.

Best poster on the Star BB, imo, was a guy named RedMan. Excellent football takes, very level-headed, and he unfortunately had move on due to work related issues (I think)

Pat, you say? :hmmm:

memyselfI
08-22-2005, 12:36 PM
I deal with spin and revision all the time.

I recall it exactly the way it was, you said you'd never post here.

Just like I recall many of the early posters complete names as I pointed out to Jim earlier.

Yeah, I bet you deal with it all the time. ROFL

I won't admit to something I did not say. And because I posted here the first few days the board was running means that I would not say I'd never post here because I already had. But this is old news and quite boring too boot.

ChiTown
08-22-2005, 12:39 PM
Pat, you say? :hmmm:

If you don't mind, I'd rather not have my picture plastered all over the "intranet". Thanks.

Mr. Kotter
08-22-2005, 12:41 PM
If you don't mind, I'd rather not have my picture plastered all over the "intranet". Thanks.

Gotcha.

(BTW, I thought your SNL skits were hilarious....;))

memyselfI
08-22-2005, 12:49 PM
1997, I think...I really dont remember, I just know it was a long time ago.

Jason Ernzen was a cowboys fan, but his second favorite team was the chiefs.

Back then Denise was a Elway fan and her second favorite team was Gannon...err...the Chiefs.

Ok, you are full of shit or a liar or both. I wanted John Elway to win a SB once he got there. I thought Elway was an amazing QB and deserved to win a SB. He's still one of my all time favorites to watch. But, I didn't want him to get there more than I did the Chiefs. I was not a bigger Elway fan than Gannon fan. :shake:

Now, I see how you could twist my other statements into something else... :hmmm:

BIG_DADDY
08-22-2005, 12:54 PM
Ok, you are full of shit or a liar or both. I wanted John Elway to win a SB once he got there. I thought Elway was an amazing QB and deserved to win a SB. He's still one of my all time favorites to watch. But, I didn't want him to get there more than I did the Chiefs. I was not a bigger Elway fan than Gannon fan. :shake:

Now, I see how you could twist my other statements into something else... :hmmm:

Your a traitor, nuff said.

memyselfI
08-22-2005, 12:58 PM
I don't remember that. Was he?

Actually, the person I'm thinking of was Jason Alexander. He lived in HI. We corresponded off the board for a while. Nice guy. I believe he and his wife just had a baby and I think that is why he disappeared around the board breakup.

I remember he posted this Haiku which turned into the Haiku thread that was really more a limerick thread than Haiku. He was pizzed that people were making a farce of his art form. ROFL

WisChief
08-22-2005, 12:58 PM
I'm sure this has come up before, but Big Daddy, wasn't there a BD that was on the Star board late in it's existance that seemed to, what shall I say, piss a bunch of people off? That one wasn't you was it Troy?

BIG_DADDY
08-22-2005, 01:04 PM
I'm sure this has come up before, but Big Daddy, wasn't there a BD that was on the Star board late in it's existance that seemed to, what shall I say, piss a bunch of people off? That one wasn't you was it Troy?

Yea it was me. I came over with the initial group. I am more than sure I pissed somebody off but I never had any issues with the administrators over there. I just didn't like the fact that they wanted to restrict the BB so much and it was a real good group that came over here.

KCTitus
08-22-2005, 01:09 PM
Denise, please dont get angry just because I expose you as the fraud that you are. No one here believes for one minute that you are anything remotely close to a fan of the Chiefs. Your existence here is on par with Taco John--merely to stir the sh!t and piss people off--no other reason.

Your Gannon shrine had a link to a Raider fan site that advocated violence against KC fans that you stated was just a bunch of jokes...it was that crap that got KCGannonStalker started and it was the end of your sense of humor. You flat out lost it and you know it.

Ive yet to see anyone of any credibility take issue with my comments--because Im right.

WisChief
08-22-2005, 01:10 PM
Yea it was me. I came over with the initial group. I am more than sure I pissed somebody off but I never had any issues with the administrators over there. I just didn't like the fact that they wanted to restrict the BB so much and it was a real good group that came over here.

My memory may not be so good, but I seem to recall you really getting under Pam's skin at the Star? Was it her or am I not remembering correctly??? I just remembering laughing a lot out loud at some of that stuff. ROFL

Dartgod
08-22-2005, 01:18 PM
Actually, the person I'm thinking of was Jason Alexander.
"My name is George. I am unemployed and I live with my parents."

http://www.1stoppostershop.com/products/McGaw/celebrities/mg_GeorgeTheTimelessArtOfS.jpg

memyselfI
08-22-2005, 01:27 PM
Denise, please dont get angry just because I expose you as the fraud that you are. No one here believes for one minute that you are anything remotely close to a fan of the Chiefs. Your existence here is on par with Taco John--merely to stir the sh!t and piss people off--no other reason.

Your Gannon shrine had a link to a Raider fan site that advocated violence against KC fans that you stated was just a bunch of jokes...it was that crap that got KCGannonStalker started and it was the end of your sense of humor. You flat out lost it and you know it.

Ive yet to see anyone of any credibility take issue with my comments--because Im right.

No one is going to take any credibility issue with your comments because A. they've either done so in the past or B. they've MOVED ON and are not still obsessed with this almost 6 years later. I mean, it's alittle weird that you and a handful of others cling to this. I guess you are hoping that if you continue to repeat it that new people will believe you but the reality is that many dozens of people observed this and only a handful of them, all of my adversaries, continue to post about it, harp about, and recall 'verbatim' about it...

I guess the rest of us have had more interesting and important things happen in our lives the last six years. Poor you.

memyselfI
08-22-2005, 01:28 PM
"My name is George. I am unemployed and I live with my parents."

http://www.1stoppostershop.com/products/McGaw/celebrities/mg_GeorgeTheTimelessArtOfS.jpg

ROFL Yeah, that was his screen name. LOL.

Chieficus
08-22-2005, 03:45 PM
Started at the Star back in '97... began with those "talk back" forum things and then moved onto the board... Went by "The Bird" from '97 to '99/'00, then became "Cheificus" about the same time that board was going down and this one came around...

BIG_DADDY
08-22-2005, 03:53 PM
My memory may not be so good, but I seem to recall you really getting under Pam's skin at the Star? Was it her or am I not remembering correctly??? I just remembering laughing a lot out loud at some of that stuff. ROFL

Yea I got under her skin a few times especially when I was posting on privatizing schools. She was here for awhile then said she was dying of cancer then had some miraculous recovery and then never posted again. I am not sure what ever happened to her.

WisChief
08-22-2005, 05:03 PM
Yea I got under her skin a few times especially when I was posting on privatizing schools. She was here for awhile then said she was dying of cancer then had some miraculous recovery and then never posted again. I am not sure what ever happened to her.

hmmm... I have missed alot - didn't know about her "illness".

Frazod
08-22-2005, 05:14 PM
I think I was on the Star BB for about a year before this place started. I almost immediately clashed with Russ over the Orlando Brown flag-in-the-eye incident. I just googled that and came up with 1999, so I guess that's about right.

Mosbonian
08-22-2005, 05:36 PM
It's a widespread fog.

You were there in 1995....I remember when you changed from "sloat" to Bob Dole.....

mmaddog

BIG_DADDY
08-22-2005, 05:38 PM
I think I was on the Star BB for about a year before this place started. I almost immediately clashed with Russ over the Orlando Brown flag-in-the-eye incident. I just googled that and came up with 1999, so I guess that's about right.

So who were you for the ref are Orlando?

Mosbonian
08-22-2005, 05:39 PM
47 I believe. I remember "TrumanLiedPeopleDied" throwing a fit every other day. Man that sucked.

I want you to know i looked at this while I was at work today....laughed for 15 minutes...had people wondering about my sanity.

mmmaddog

Frazod
08-22-2005, 06:42 PM
So who were you for the ref are Orlando?

I was for Brown. Russ was for the ref. Somehow that argument morphed into a discussion of who attacked who first in the Civil War. I remember calling Russ "an idiot, beyond any further consideration." ROFL

Didn't know at the time that he was my long lost twin.

morphius
08-22-2005, 06:56 PM
You were there in 1995....I remember when you changed from "sloat" to Bob Dole.....

mmaddog
Are you sure that was 95? I was there for that.

JOhn
08-22-2005, 06:56 PM
I believe she still lurks but spends most her time on another BB. Or that's what she said to the wife last time she heard from her about 3 months ago. :hmmm:

Phobia
08-22-2005, 07:04 PM
Are you sure that was 95? I was there for that.

I'm pretty sure Bob Dole wasn't on the old board until at least 98. I could be wrong, but I know he was one of the "latecomers".

Davechief
08-22-2005, 08:58 PM
I don't have the number of posts a lot of you have (I seem to read more than post) but my post count is a little deceiving. I'm not sure of the year I got started here, but I remember some jackass Bronco's fan posting over at the star who would pollute his posts with the calling card of UU UU. I think this was about 96 or 97. Anybody out there remember that guy?

morphius
08-22-2005, 09:15 PM
I'm pretty sure Bob Dole wasn't on the old board until at least 98. I could be wrong, but I know he was one of the "latecomers".
That is what I thought, I knew I had been there a while before he joined. But maddog said '95, and I'm pretty sure I didn't start posting until '97.

Michael Michigan
08-22-2005, 09:20 PM
I won't admit to something I did not say. And because I posted here the first few days the board was running means that I would not say I'd never post here because I already had. But this is old news and quite boring too boot.

You didn't say it--you typed it.

But hey--I'll give you a pass--It's indeed old news.

Let's just agree that you brought down the star bb with your incessant complaints and slammed the door on the pen with your mere presence.

By the time you made it over here and began your avalanche of posts right after 9/11 your act was so played you weren't able to bring down this board.