PDA

View Full Version : Give that other DB job to SAPP!

Tuckdaddy
08-21-2005, 07:34 AM
Maybe he would get burned badly a few times, everyone does, but Benny will make some plays for ya. They must keep this kid.

Huard should loose out to Killian and Tynes should not be allowed to kick anymore, just go for it on fourth down.

wolfpack0735
08-21-2005, 08:12 AM
let sapp try starting the next preseason game. see how he does. thats why they call it preseason. you know who ever goes on that side will get alot of work. if he screws up, he screws up.

PRIEST
08-21-2005, 08:26 AM
I really like Sapp, Wesley plays with no fire :shake: move his azz, make him fight for a spot

DTLB58
08-21-2005, 10:43 AM
Maybe he would get burned badly a few times, everyone does, but Benny will make some plays for ya. They must keep this kid.

Benny at #2 CB? I dunno. I like the guy, but he is only 5'9". How about we put him at safety instead of Wesley. Sapp appears to excel in space let him wander the feild with his youth and speed.

Huard should loose out to Killian and Tynes should not be allowed to kick anymore, just go for it on fourth down.

And just go for 2 after touchdowns. Hell yea, I like this idea :clap: ROFL

alanm
08-21-2005, 10:51 AM
I keep telling everybody that he's eventually going to take Warfields job away from him. But does anybody listen?? Nooooooooooooooooooo. :harumph:

ChiefsCountry
08-21-2005, 11:13 AM
Sapp is good. The kid can hit. Also I remember when he played for UNI against SMS, first play of the game interceptation for a touchdown.

Mr. Laz
08-21-2005, 11:13 AM
I keep telling everybody that he's eventually going to take Warfields job away from him. But does anybody listen?? Nooooooooooooooooooo. :harumph:

heh

go bowe
08-21-2005, 11:35 AM
I keep telling everybody that he's eventually going to take Warfields job away from him. But does anybody listen?? Nooooooooooooooooooo. :harumph:just so long as he doesn't take bo's job, it'd be alright with me ...

Saul Good
08-21-2005, 12:26 PM
It could easily happen.

keg in kc
08-21-2005, 12:55 PM
Wouldn't surprise me if he "eventually" took Warfield's job. Or Surtain's, for that matter. They're both 29 years old. Sapp's only, what, 24. Wouldn't shock me if he's a starter 3 or 4 years from now. Although, honestly, I'm still not particularly comfortable with the idea of a 5'8 or 5'9 starter, with receivers getting closer and closer to 6'6 every year. But, hell, as a nickelback, he's basically a starter already, as much as we play nickel, dime and quarter.

milkman
08-21-2005, 02:34 PM
I really like Sapp, Wesley plays with no fire :shake: move his azz, make him fight for a spot

NFL Network showed very little of the game in their "No Huddle" while the Chiefs starters were in last night, so I didn't get to see Wesley.

But I was not impressed with his effort in the first game, and I don't recall his name being mentioned by Mitch or Lenny last night.

Would I be correct in speculating that his performance last night was every bit as lackluster as the first game?

PRIEST
08-21-2005, 02:57 PM
Would I be correct in speculating that his performance last night was every bit as lackluster as the first game?[/QUOTE]

Yes sir you would.Wesley did have taunting called on him :cuss:

Halfcan
08-21-2005, 03:34 PM
Sapp taking Surtains spot?? Lets not get carried away. I agree he has some talent, but needs a lot of work on his coverage skills. He bites on the fake too much and needs to look back at the QB more-something Bartee had problems with. He just needs more time and I think he will be pretty descent.

milkman
08-21-2005, 04:48 PM
Sapp taking Surtains spot?? Lets not get carried away. I agree he has some talent, but needs a lot of work on his coverage skills. He bites on the fake too much and needs to look back at the QB more-something Bartee had problems with. He just needs more time and I think he will be pretty descent.

Unless you're responding to Keg's post, the spot we are discussing is McPassOn's.

shaneo69
08-21-2005, 08:19 PM
The only weakness I see in Sapp's game right now is when he has to cover receivers. He's good at making tackles on running plays, and he is good at blitzing on passing plays.

Saul Good
08-21-2005, 08:44 PM
The only weakness I see in Sapp's game right now is when he has to cover receivers. He's good at making tackles on running plays, and he is good at blitzing on passing plays.

It seems like Gunther thinks the same way. I'd have to watch the game again to be sure, but it seemed like Sapp was blitzing an awful lot. Maybe we can be creative and kind of mask the fact that he isn't a great cover corner by blitzing, rotating safeties over to help, etc.

milkman
08-21-2005, 08:48 PM

Covering receivers is kind of an important aspect of corner play, or so I'd heard.

The question is, is he even worse than McPassOn?

jspchief
08-21-2005, 09:16 PM
It seems like Gunther thinks the same way. I'd have to watch the game again to be sure, but it seemed like Sapp was blitzing an awful lot. Maybe we can be creative and kind of mask the fact that he isn't a great cover corner by blitzing, rotating safeties over to help, etc.Yep. He's been using Sapp a ton on nickel blitzes. And they have been pretty effective from the blindside.

I'd say that's the only thing Sapp has done well so far. Blitzing.

I'm not saying he can't cover, but so far we've seen little to show whether he can or can't. After watching McCleon's guys open by 10 yards all night, I'm ready to try anything.

Dave Lane
08-21-2005, 09:23 PM
Covering receivers is kind of an important aspect of corner play, or so I'd heard.

The question is, is he even worse than McPassOn?

No

Dave