PDA

View Full Version : The secondary

RedThat
08-21-2005, 10:02 AM
Ok we all know Surtain and Knight are going to be locks. I gotta simple question though, and that is this;

What should the Chiefs do to solidify the other half of their secondary?
It appears to be the glaring weakness on this defense right now.

Death Nebula
08-21-2005, 10:13 AM
I say....boot Washington/Ambrose....lets go youth.....keep Sapp...Alphonso....Pile....

Mr. Laz
08-21-2005, 10:16 AM
I say....boot Washington/Ambrose....lets go youth.....keep Sapp...Alphonso....Pile....
pretty much

but keep washington and abrose to the very last cut so they can continue to help teach the young guys.

btw - our defensive ends are pretty glaring right now as well

The Red Death
08-21-2005, 10:56 AM
Draft cornerbacks in the first 3 rounds. I mean, it sounds like our second best CB is Derrick Johnson.

RedThat
08-21-2005, 10:57 AM
pretty much

but keep washington and abrose to the very last cut so they can continue to help teach the young guys.

btw - our defensive ends are pretty glaring right now as well

Wilkerson played alright better than Jared Allen. Wilkerson deserves to start another game. Hicks made a couple of nice plays yesterday, particularily against the run. but, I still think he's a liability on passing downs. I think we can work our way around our DE's. The Chiefs have Browning and Hall, both are out right now, but, I think they'll be ready for the regular season. Wilkerson, and Hicks can play running downs, even Browning too. Allen and Hall should be in on passing downs. Gunther has many options here that I don't think it'll be a concern. It's just a matter of how he utilizes our DE rotation to make them more effective in particular case situations. I think we'll be fine there.

Plus, we can make up for porous DE play from . They can blitz, that's the bottomline. We have the speed. DJ showed it last night. I'd like to see Gunther blitz him a lot. Kendrell Bell hasn't played yet, but he is a great blitzer and an impact against the run.